OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,132 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zarathustra said:

Wow - It's incredible the mental gymnastics trump supporters will go through to avoid rational thinking.

You do remember that Mitt Romney voted to impeach trump right? But nothing to see here, only Trump supporting Romney's niece running the RNC.
This is the perfect example of my personal definition of TDS:

1. IT'S ROMNEY'S NIECE!!!!
2. Well, yea, but she doesn't agree with Romney on anything
3. BUT IT'S ROMNEY'S NIECE!!!
4. She spent most of her life going against Romney
5. BUT IT'S ROMNEY'S NIECE!!!!
6. She helped Trump get the most votes in the history of the republican party
7. BUT IT'S ROMNEY'S NIECE!!!
8. Do you realize a neice can be different from her uncle?
9. BUT IT'S ROMNEY'S NIECE!
LOL OLD
Showertime at the Bidens
Funky Winkerbean said:

BluHorseShu said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

rgag12 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

TDS is real.

I'm not deranged when it comes to Trump. I'm deranged when it comes to giving any advantage to Dems seizing more power.

Trump is the tool they've used for 6 years to grab more power and will use again if he's the nominee. I'll do everything I can to make sure Dems don't have that tool anymore.

Trump was not a tool, he was a victim.
Good grief. Yes yes....poor Trump. Victimhood looks good on him. His entire campaign for '24 will consists of 'poor me' and 'stupid Desantis'. Pay no attention to him reversing course on some of his policies that got people to vote for him.

I see you have forgotten all the crap pulled on him. You are exactly what the Democrats are hoping for. You can hate Trump until you are blue in the face, but he's a victim of the swamp. Period. The Democrats set out to make him toxic and succeeded but through various illegal or unethical means.

If that's true then why would we vote for someone who lost to the swamp?

It would be different if trump had a solid plan for combating the swamp, but I have heard 0 ideas or strategy or policy hes proposing to counteract any of the unfairness.
Showertime at the Bidens
Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Wow - It's incredible the mental gymnastics trump supporters will go through to avoid rational thinking.

You do remember that Mitt Romney voted to impeach trump right? But nothing to see here, only Trump supporting Romney's niece running the RNC.

Keep posting. You're not exactly helping your cause
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

that's true then why would we vote for someone who lost to the swamp?

Who is better suited to destroy it? Our country is going to go through a very rough period if the corruption is to be corrected and Trumps ego is best served by letting him do it. DeSantis can build us back. How do you see the swamp being defeated? They already don't fear legal action because they control the judiciary.
PatriotAg02
AG
Not even close.
BG Knocc Out
Trump criticizing Desantis for being too harsh on abortion restrictions and for not locking down hard enough should wake up ever republican or independent thinker. Only his braindead politically naive religious followers could possibly still support him at this point over Desantis.
BigBrother
AG
Zarathustra said:

Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

If that's true then why did trump endorse the female Mitt Romney to head the RNC? Romney is the epitome of the establishment rino.

Dhillon was going to revolutionize the republican party around grass roots blue collar issues and embracing mail in ballots and vote harvestings to beat the democrats at their own game. Trump endorsing Romney was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

But Trump stayed neutral in the race for RNC chair, stating that McDaniel and Dhillon should "fight it out." On Friday, he congratulated McDaniel on her "big WIN" in a post on his Truth Social platform.

OK I thought trump endorsed Romney.

So Trump had a chance to overhaul the RNC and remove a swamp rat like Romney but instead he chose to stay neutral. Yeah that's a guy who really wants to drain the swamp.

He did endorse her.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-election-trump-idINKBN27S0B0

Quote:

"I am pleased to announce that I have given my full support and endorsement to Ronna McDaniel to continue heading the Republican National Committee (RNC). With 72 MILLION votes, we received more votes than any sitting President in U.S. history - and we will win!" Trump said in a tweet.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Trump criticizing Desantis for being too harsh on abortion restrictions and for not locking down hared enough should wake up ever republican or independent thinker. Only his braindead politically naive religious followers could possibly still support him at this point over Desantis.

Surely you don't think abortion is going to decide this election.
AggieVictor10
AG
Zarathustra said:

Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Keep posting. You're not exactly helping your cause

I don't think the trump defense force is trying to win anyone over.
BG Knocc Out
Funky Winkerbean said:

BG Knocc Out said:

Trump criticizing Desantis for being too harsh on abortion restrictions and for not locking down hared enough should wake up ever republican or independent thinker. Only his braindead politically naive religious followers could possibly still support him at this point over Desantis.

Surely you don't think abortion is going to decide this election.
I am saying Trump revealing himself as pro-abortion, and bashing a more conservative politician for not giving women long enough to kill their babies, or for not locking down their states and causing people and businesses to suffer for long enough,. SHOULD wake up every potential GOP voter.

I would expect only the most devout Donald Trump worshipers to prefer him to Desantis at this point.

I am just wondering if the big roided up baby even realizes he is attacking Desantis from the left, no different than CNN or MSNBC would?

That being said, I will gladly vote for DJT over ANY democrat, because a turd is still better than AIDS infested diarrhea.
Old May Banker
AG
It's idol worship... you'd be better off talking to a door knob as it least it won't emotionally scream "TDS"
Funky Winkerbean
AG
If it's a states matter, why is his position on abortion so important?
Old May Banker
AG
Nice pivot.

If your candidate becomes a CM, revert to states rights.
Pumpkinhead
AG
How this is even much of a debate is beyond me. Vote for DeSantis in the primary. Just the huge age difference alone compared to Biden will be a huge campaign advantage for DeSantis in the general election.

Trump versus Biden 2.0, we already saw how that game played out. Sh** Show!

If Trump wins the GOP primary then that simply shows how deeply the GOP party lost its way getting stuck in the Trump brand and conservatives will deserve another 4 years of Biden.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

conservatives will deserve another 4 years of Biden.

Conservatives will be voting for DeSantis in primaries, not CMT.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Old May Banker said:

Nice pivot.

How did I pivot? It is a states right issue. I'm opposed to abortion, but don't see where a presidents position is as important now the RvW has been overturned. What can the president do to change what the SC just ruled on?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Old May Banker said:

Quote:

conservatives will deserve another 4 years of Biden.

Conservatives will be voting for DeSantis in primaries, not CMT.
I hope so. If Trump beats DeSantis in the primaries then that is going to be an indictment on a lot of conservatives' ability to think pragmatically and logically on which candidate has the best chance to get the Republican Party back in the WH.
Im Gipper

I'm Gipper
Old May Banker
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Old May Banker said:

Nice pivot.

How did I pivot? It is a states right issue. I'm opposed to abortion, but don't see where a presidents position is as important now the RvW has been overturned. What can the president do to change what the SC just ruled on?

Ok, since it's a state right - which i agree - where is Trump a resident?
Science Denier
AG
BigBrother said:

Zarathustra said:

Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

If that's true then why did trump endorse the female Mitt Romney to head the RNC? Romney is the epitome of the establishment rino.

Dhillon was going to revolutionize the republican party around grass roots blue collar issues and embracing mail in ballots and vote harvestings to beat the democrats at their own game. Trump endorsing Romney was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

But Trump stayed neutral in the race for RNC chair, stating that McDaniel and Dhillon should "fight it out." On Friday, he congratulated McDaniel on her "big WIN" in a post on his Truth Social platform.

So Trump had a chance to overhaul the RNC and remove a swamp rat like Romney but instead he chose to stay neutral. Yeah that's a guy who really wants to drain the swamp.

He did endorse her.

Quote:

"I am pleased to announce that I have given my full support and endorsement to Ronna McDaniel to continue heading the Republican National Committee (RNC). With 72 MILLION votes, we received more votes than any sitting President in U.S. history - and we will win!" Trump said in a tweet.

November of 2020.

LOL
LOL OLD
BG Knocc Out
Funky Winkerbean said:

Ask your boy Trump, man. I don't know why he is behaving like a braindead liberal and attacking Desantis for being pro-life and pro-freedom/anti-lockdown. Face it, Trump is a pro-abortion, pro-lockdown, fake "vaccine" pushing pimp. Had I known this is how he would have turned out, no way I would have been so excited to vote for him in 2020.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

I am saying Trump revealing himself as pro-abortion,
Who is the Republican to actually defund planned parenthood?

LOL
LOL OLD
BigBrother
AG
Science Denier said:

BigBrother said:

Zarathustra said:

Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

He did endorse her.

Quote:

November of 2020.

LOL
Talk about missing the point. He endorsed her previously, and didn't stand in her way this time around. Then, acolytes claim he has a perfect endorsement record. Instead of doing the right thing, and helping to remove her, he protected himself...like he always does now.

She's complete establishment trash. Add her to the list of things he could've changed, but didn't.
Science Denier
AG
Trump defunds planned parenthood
Trump nominates SC justices that gets Roe vs Wade overturned

REEEEEEE!!! TRUMP IS PRO ABORTION!!!
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
BigBrother said:

Science Denier said:

BigBrother said:

Zarathustra said:

Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

He did endorse her.

Quote:

November of 2020.

LOL
Talk about missing the point. He endorsed her previously, and didn't stand in her way this time around. Then, acolytes claim he has a perfect endorsement record. Instead of doing the right thing, and helping to remove her, he protected himself...like he always does now.

She's complete establishment trash. Add her to the list of things he could've changed, but didn't.
What exactly has she done that shows she's establishment trash? Other than TDS affecting the brain.
LOL OLD
CREAg87
AG
The fact that Trump continues to attack from the left should concern any conservative or right-leaning voter. It signals to me that Trump does not care about his base.
Keep your rifle by your side
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Ask your boy Trump, man. I don't know why he is behaving like a braindead liberal and attacking Desantis for being pro-life and pro-freedom/anti-lockdown. Face it, Trump is a pro-abortion, pro-lockdown, fake "vaccine" pushing pimp. Had I known this is how he would have turned out, no way I would have been so excited to vote for him in 2020.

You don't know why he's attacking DeSantis? He's his opponent (maybe), and he's identified a difference in positions that can be exploited to capture more votes. Calling Trump pro abortion just shows how little you understand on what he actually did.
Showertime at the Bidens
TDS Is the irrational hatred OR support of Trump. It works both ways.

We can start here.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
CREAg87 said:

The fact that Trump continues to attack from the left should concern any conservative or right-leaning voter. It signals to me that Trump does not care about his base.

Who has taken better care of their base historically?

Nobody. Yet you think he doesn't care about his base?
Waffledynamics
AG
What's wrong with those Tweets? Ronna sucks, and the GOP leadership is abysmal at their jobs.
CREAg87
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

CREAg87 said:

Nice deflection
Funky Winkerbean
AG
CREAg87 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

CREAg87 said:

Nice deflection

Please explain how I'm deflecting.
CREAg87
AG
You deflected from answering to Trump's move leftward by stating no party has taken good care of their base.

Trump's willingness to go left in his attacks is a pretty clear indicator that he is willing to ditch the people who got him elected to begin with.

aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

This is misleading. McDaniel was on the ropes and momentum was shifting against her. DeSantis came out and endorsed Dhillon. Then everyone was waiting on Trump. When he went "neutral" it was a fait accomplit that she would win because it was going to take both DeSantis and Trump coming out against her to defeat her and the GOPe. I followed it VERY closely in real time listening to folks like Charlie Kirk who is a HUGE Trump guy and was at the convention. Trump also had himself in a pickle because Mike Lindell was foolishly running though he had zero shot and took a few votes from Dhillon, Trump would have had to have a tough call with My PIllow Guy to NOT endorse him openly. Trump's "non endorsement" was all McDaniel needed and the Swamp rats in the RNC just voted for their continued fat lifestyle and consultant deals.

Any way you slice it though, Trump endorses Dhillon and she wins. The opportunity was right there and he balked and it was also pretty evident that McDaniel have him concessions under the table in regards to future debates and primary scheduling and the many other ways the RNC can shift the game. It's an easy to see farce with anyone who knows how politics works. Don't forget that McDaniel was Trump's original pick as the head of the Michigan GOP back in '16.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BigBrother
AG
Zarathustra said:

TDS Is the irrational hatred OR support of Trump. It works both ways.

We can start here.

I'm going to elaborate on this:

Most of us agree that shenanigans occurred on the last election, right? Some say the election was "stolen".
I personally say it was rigged.

Here is the difference. Democrats stretched the rules of ballot harvesting and exploited every possible loophole to collect votes. Did they also outright cheat and create several fake ballots? Yeah, but probably not enough to overturn anything of consequence. Trump's own investigators agreed with this. We all agree they will do it again, right?

Ronna has done NOTHING to address this or prepare to compete against it. The person in this tweet has been trying very hard to get the GOP to compete on this stuff and she just ignores it all and drinks Bud light at her events.

I was extremely surprised Trump didn't oppose her.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.