OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,033 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Old May Banker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bird93 said:

To me, the choice is simple. 100% of Trump supporters would vote for DeSantis in the general. The converse of that is not true.

Eso si, Que es
BigBrother said:

Bird93 said:

To me, the choice is simple. 100% of Trump supporters would vote for DeSantis in the general. The converse of that is not true.
Why do people keep saying this? There are literally polls out there proving the opposite right now.
And the attack ads tell you what you need to know. Trump will take his ball and go home if he doesn't win the primary, DeSantis is conducting himself as if he will support the candidate.
Snake Jazz
AG
Trump won't win the general election. I don't know that DeSantis can, either, but I prefer his odds.
Rapier108
No Spin Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

Bird93 said:

Typical Trumpster lie.

There are Trump supporters including people here who have publicly said they will not vote for DeSantis if he is the nominee.

You can find others around the Internet. Free Republic has a huge number of Only and Forever Trumpers who hate DeSantis more than they hate Biden or any other Democrat. They would rather see the country burn than anyone but Trump win.

To hate Desantis to that degree, because of their feelings towards Trump, really is cultish. Maybe someone can think of a better word, but that's the only thing I can think of to describe that level of loyalty.
Well, Free Republic required a public loyalty oath to Trump in 2016, and purged hundreds of members who refused. (IIRC, that was their 5th or 6th membership purge. I was banned from there in the first one, the Great Rudy Purge, in 2007 even though I wasn't supporting Rudy.) They haven't done so yet, but the DeSantis supporters there constantly threatened with permanent bans by the ultra hardcore Trumpsters.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Eso si, Que es said:

BigBrother said:

Bird93 said:

Why do people keep saying this? There are literally polls out there proving the opposite right now.
And the attack ads tell you what you need to know. Trump will take his ball and go home if he doesn't win the primary, DeSantis is conducting himself as if he will support the candidate.
Trump will run third party/write in if he loses the primary.

Even though a lot of states have sore loser laws, enough don't that he can ensure the Democrat wins.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Funky Winkerbean
AG
TDS is real.
LMCane
Aglaw97 said:

Not a fan of the WaPo, but they're not wrong here. Trump will do more to turn out the Dem base and some independents, plus keeping some Republicans home, than anything Biden could do.

Concur 100%

I have yet to see ANY even attempt at discrediting your hypothesis.

I think too many Republicans/Patriots are such low information voters they don't even understand you need to win Georgia, Arizona and ONE of PA/WI/MI/VA to become President

Trump getting 80% of the vote in Alabama is irrelevant to whether the GOP can win in 2024.
Rapier108
Exactly the kind of response we expect from an Only and Forever Trumper.

You can't refute anything, so you just yell "TDS".
Gigem314
AG
Bird93 said:

Both sides better put the complaining aside by Nov 2024 if we want to get rid of Biden.
BigBrother
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

TDS is real.
Agreed. Everyone has TDS, also everyone is racist!
PA24
AG
Same ol Texags echo thread of MSM building up Trump by pointing out how crooked he is so his cult like base will get fired up and vote for Trump out of spite. Then of course Biden will trounce him in the general.

No questioning the 81,000,000 Biden voters…oh that is right, they will vote for Desantis.

Makes perfect sense.

LMAO
rgag12
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

TDS is real.

I'm not deranged when it comes to Trump. I'm deranged when it comes to giving any advantage to Dems seizing more power.

Trump is the tool they've used for 6 years to grab more power and will use again if he's the nominee. I'll do everything I can to make sure Dems don't have that tool anymore.
Science Denier
AG
Rapier108 said:

Bird93 said:

Typical Trumpster lie.

There are Trump supporters including people here who have publicly said they will not vote for DeSantis if he is the nominee.

You can find others around the Internet. Free Republic has a huge number of Only and Forever Trumpers who hate DeSantis more than they hate Biden or any other Democrat. They would rather see the country burn than anyone but Trump win.
The millions of working class folks support Trump. They get that he's 100% for them. He brought them from the democrat party to the republican party.

The MAGA message and bringing jobs back to the us is real to these folks. Hammer the **** out of China and bring as many of these jobs back to the US as possible. That was hammered over and over and over and over by Trump. Media tried to down play it, but Trump effectively communicated this. Then, when in office, he also was able to go past the media and hammer his success at this. The claim that he's just bragging and only interested in touting himself came from this. He has to, just to overcome the lies from the media.

These folks saw these jobs in real time, and realized the media was totally consumed with TDS. That is why nothing the media says any more affects these guys. if the republican party abandons this huge mass of voters, they won't win any elections.
LOL OLD
J. Walter Weatherman
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Why do you believe that Trump's strategy of trying to pummel Desantis, despite supposedly having an insurmountable lead, is the way to "stir up the Rep base?"
To keep the base unified. A split base won't win dick.

So, maybe nominating the guy who is currently splitting the base by constantly throwing out false allegations and 3rd grade insults is not the best idea?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
rgag12 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

TDS is real.

I'm not deranged when it comes to Trump. I'm deranged when it comes to giving any advantage to Dems seizing more power.

Trump is the tool they've used for 6 years to grab more power and will use again if he's the nominee. I'll do everything I can to make sure Dems don't have that tool anymore.

Trump was not a tool, he was a victim.
BluHorseShu
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Why do you believe that Trump's strategy of trying to pummel Desantis, despite supposedly having an insurmountable lead, is the way to "stir up the Rep base?"
To keep the base unified. A split base won't win dick.
Isn't 'the base' the English term for Al-Qaeda? It certainly may be appropriate since it looks like Trump is trying to blow up his chances at every turn.
BluHorseShu
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

rgag12 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

TDS is real.

Good grief. Yes yes....poor Trump. Victimhood looks good on him. His entire campaign for '24 will consists of 'poor me' and 'stupid Desantis'. Pay no attention to him reversing course on some of his policies that got people to vote for him.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

So, maybe nominating the guy who is currently splitting the base by constantly throwing out false allegations and 3rd grade insults is not the best idea?
LOL, the base right now is overwhelmingly on the Trump bandwagon. Do you understand the word "split"? Seems the TDS REEEEEEEEs are the attempts at dividing.
LOL OLD
J. Walter Weatherman
Science Denier said:

Quote:

LOL, the base right now is overwhelmingly on the Trump bandwagon. Do you understand the word "split"? Seems the TDS REEEEEEEEs are the attempts at dividing.

CryLaugh troll all you want. There is only one candidate currently dividing the party.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

If that's the case, then why is trump focusing his efforts on stopping DeSantis, not Biden?
BluHorseShu
AG
PA24 said:

Same ol Texags echo thread of MSM building up Trump by pointing out how crooked he is so his cult like base will get fired up and vote for Trump out of spite. Then of course Biden will trounce him in the general.

No questioning the 81,000,000 Biden voters…oh that is right, they will vote for Desantis.

Makes perfect sense.

LMAO
Thats whats great about F16....we're ALL LOAO about opposing views. The difference we're beginning to see is that there are those who supported Trump but their personal lives don't hang in the balance if he isn't elected. They can reasonably see a better candidate and there lives will go on either way. Where as the other group will have to rethink their entire lives if Desantis is elected after they've dedicated their soul to Trump. Their depression will be palpable.
Showertime at the Bidens
Science Denier said:

Rapier108 said:

Bird93 said:

Typical Trumpster lie.

The millions of working class folks support Trump. They get that he's 100% for them. He brought them from the democrat party to the republican party.

The MAGA message and bringing jobs back to the us is real to these folks. Hammer the **** out of China and bring as many of these jobs back to the US as possible. That was hammered over and over and over and over by Trump. Media tried to down play it, but Trump effectively communicated this. Then, when in office, he also was able to go past the media and hammer his success at this. The claim that he's just bragging and only interested in touting himself came from this. He has to, just to overcome the lies from the media.

These folks saw these jobs in real time, and realized the media was totally consumed with TDS. That is why nothing the media says any more affects these guys. if the republican party abandons this huge mass of voters, they won't win any elections.

Totally agree. As ann colter put it, there was a hundred dollar bill on the ground that everyone pretended not to see and all. It took was for trump to pick it up.

But trump recognizing whats popular and actually having the ability to pass meaningful legislation are two very different things. DeSantis has excelled at this.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

But trump recognizing whats popular and actually having the ability to pass meaningful legislation are two very different things. DeSantis has excelled at this.
Trump couldn't get legislation thru because the RINO's were only interested in impeaching Trump. Which is why he's gone after so many of those in office and took such an active role in helping candidates that supported American excellence.

Not sure if he's quite there yet, but all those RINO's he ran out of congress sure will help his cause starting 2024.
LOL OLD
Showertime at the Bidens

If that's true then why did trump endorse the female Mitt Romney to head the RNC? Romney is the epitome of the establishment rino.

Dhillon was going to revolutionize the republican party around grass roots blue collar issues and embracing mail in ballots and vote harvestings to beat the democrats at their own game. Trump endorsing Romney was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Aglaw97
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Aglaw97 said:

Not a fan of the WaPo, but they're not wrong here. Trump will do more to turn out the Dem base and some independents, plus keeping some Republicans home, than anything Biden could do.

You make a good point.

From what I've seen on here and other social media sites it does seem that there's going to be a decent amount of people who voted twice for Trump that will stay home the next time. They won't vote for a dem, but they're not going to pull the lever for Trump either.
And there's a significant amount of Dem voters that will stay home unless Trump is the candidate. The vote will be a vote "against" Trump more than it's a vote "for" Biden.
Aglaw97
AG
Rapier108 said:

Bird93 said:

Typical Trumpster lie.

I think that's right. My belief is that net/net, Trump will do more for Biden than Desantis. The loss of Trump voters if Desantis is the candidate will not be greater than the voters that will show up and vote for Desantis and more importantly the number of Democrats or Independents that will just sit this one out as long as Trump isn't on the ballot.

There's a reason why the Democratic party wants Trump to be the nominee.
Aglaw97
AG
LMCane said:

Aglaw97 said:

Concur 100%

I have yet to see ANY even attempt at discrediting your hypothesis.

I think too many Republicans/Patriots are such low information voters they don't even understand you need to win Georgia, Arizona and ONE of PA/WI/MI/VA to become President

Trump getting 80% of the vote in Alabama is irrelevant to whether the GOP can win in 2024.
This 1000%. The difference in the last election was GA, AZ and WI. Whether Trump was a landslide in other states doesn't matter. The popular vote means nothing.
Science Denier
AG
Zarathustra said:

If that's true then why did trump endorse the female Mitt Romney to head the RNC? Romney is the epitome of the establishment rino.

Dhillon was going to revolutionize the republican party around grass roots blue collar issues and embracing mail in ballots and vote harvestings to beat the democrats at their own game. Trump endorsing Romney was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

But Trump stayed neutral in the race for RNC chair, stating that McDaniel and Dhillon should "fight it out." On Friday, he congratulated McDaniel on her "big WIN" in a post on his Truth Social platform.
LOL OLD
Showertime at the Bidens

I firmly believe the more Trump voters see and hear DeSantis, the more they will be happy to vote for him.
Showertime at the Bidens
Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

But Trump stayed neutral in the race for RNC chair, stating that McDaniel and Dhillon should "fight it out." On Friday, he congratulated McDaniel on her "big WIN" in a post on his Truth Social platform.

OK I thought trump endorsed Romney.

So Trump had a chance to overhaul the RNC and remove a swamp rat like Romney but instead he chose to stay neutral. Yeah that's a guy who really wants to drain the swamp.
Science Denier
AG
Zarathustra said:

Science Denier said:

Zarathustra said:

Huh? From CNN
Quote:

OK I thought trump endorsed Romney.

So Trump had a chance to overhaul the RNC and remove a swamp rat like Romney but instead he chose to stay neutral. Yeah that's a guy who really wants to drain the swamp.
Romney's niece? That is what triggers you?
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
This gal and Mit Romney do not agree with each other.

From The Hill
Quote:

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) says that he texted his niece, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, after the RNC censured Reps. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) and Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) last week.
Romney didn't like her censuring swamp rats, and she did it anyway.
Here is another:

From The Guardian

Quote:

Romney also said the censure "could not have been a more inappropriate message … so far from accurate as to shock and to make people wonder what we're thinking".
I think the reason this pick triggers so many is that she's firmly behind Trump.
LOL OLD
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

rgag12 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

TDS is real.

Good grief. Yes yes....poor Trump. Victimhood looks good on him. His entire campaign for '24 will consists of 'poor me' and 'stupid Desantis'. Pay no attention to him reversing course on some of his policies that got people to vote for him.

I see you have forgotten all the crap pulled on him. You are exactly what the Democrats are hoping for. You can hate Trump until you are blue in the face, but he's a victim of the swamp. Period. The Democrats set out to make him toxic and succeeded but through various illegal or unethical means.
Showertime at the Bidens

Wow - It's incredible the mental gymnastics trump supporters will go through to avoid rational thinking.

You do remember that Mitt Romney voted to impeach trump right? But nothing to see here, only Trump supporting Romney's niece running the RNC.

JWinTX
Bird93 said:

Ha!!

Trump already greased the skids for freaking Gavin Newsom, who will be the Dems nominee if it looks like Trump won't get the nomination for the GOP.

This is easy:

Trump wins the GOP nomination, loses to Biden again, in the exact same manner...

DeSantis appears to win the GOP nomination, Biden announces retirement, Newsom gets the call from the bullpen to keep everything as is (Kamala as VP), and Trump runs 3rd Party. Newsom is the next President and gets 8 years to nail the coffin shut on America. Trumpists will never vote in any big way for DeSantis, because of loyalty and being boring compared to the Carnival Barker.
Last Page
Page 2 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.