OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

424,956 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be great if there is a standalone thread where all of the daily issues between the race for the GOP nomination were held

LMCane
Washington Post focus group doesn't like Biden

but hates Trump more.

and the Washington Post wants Trump to be the GOP nominee:

Trump means a Biden Win in 2024
Highway6
AG
Get your popcorn, dis gonna be fun
Old Sarge
AG
Let's get ready to rrruuummmble!

And hear arguments, name call, lie, spit and throw haymakers…..

Added participants to the candidate's ring:

The Media
Forum 16 Posters

Aglaw97
AG
Not a fan of the WaPo, but they're not wrong here. Trump will do more to turn out the Dem base and some independents, plus keeping some Republicans home, than anything Biden could do.
Flying Crowbar
AG
'Official' threads get five stars before and after the title. Not four before and three after.
Ag87H2O
AG
Hate to say it, but Trump is the best thing Biden has in his campaign arsenal.
TxSquarebody
Unofficial thread title.
Not enough stars and not symmetrical.
There are procedures. Do better.

Edit: crowbar clarified the procedure for you.
Jason C.
AG
Four stars by Trump
Three by DeSantis

OP calling his shot
Science Denier
AG
This should add a ton of stuff to my TDS study.

Popcorn ready.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
Aglaw97 said:

Not a fan of the WaPo, but they're not wrong here. Trump will do more to turn out the Dem base and some independents, plus keeping some Republicans home, than anything Biden could do.
Voter harvesting will get the dem base out. Acorn was all set up and prepped nb taxpayer dollars. To win, we have to stir up the REPUBLICAN BASE.

Trump got more votes than any republican in history, even after Dominion changed votes. That's our shot.

Trump won labor. Good, hard working people that typically voted democrat. That's why he got more votes than any republican ever.
LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG

How can DeSantis have an attack ad out on Trump if he's not announced yet? Thought you had to officially announce if you are buying campaign ads.
LOL OLD
BigBrother
AG
Science Denier said:

Aglaw97 said:

Voter harvesting will get the dem base out. Acorn was all set up and prepped nb taxpayer dollars. To win, we have to stir up the REPUBLICAN BASE.

Trump got more votes than any republican in history, even after Dominion changed votes. That's our shot.

Trump won labor. Good, hard working people that typically voted democrat. That's why he got more votes than any republican ever.
Your response is accurate, but it doesn't disprove the previous statement.

Why do you believe that Trump's strategy of trying to pummel Desantis, despite supposedly having an insurmountable lead, is the way to "stir up the Rep base?"
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

Why do you believe that Trump's strategy of trying to pummel Desantis, despite supposedly having an insurmountable lead, is the way to "stir up the Rep base?"
To keep the base unified. A split base won't win dick.
LOL OLD
TexAgs91
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Hate to say it, but Trump is the best thing Biden has in his campaign arsenal.
And Biden is the best thing any republican has in theirs.
No Spin Ag
Aglaw97 said:

You make a good point.

From what I've seen on here and other social media sites it does seem that there's going to be a decent amount of people who voted twice for Trump that will stay home the next time. They won't vote for a dem, but they're not going to pull the lever for Trump either.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Certainly seems to be unifying the base against trump.
LMCane
15 Trump Voters in 2016 Who Voted Biden in 2020

Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election by winning back independent voters that voted for Trump in 2016.

In some key swing states, the margin of victory for Biden was small, by just a few thousand, but nonetheless, they went with Trump in 2016 and Biden in 2020. Common perception now is that, given the choice between Trump and Biden in 2024, swing voters will go for Biden again.

Republican voters don't want to acknowledge that but it very well may prove to be true. Once lost, it is very difficult for politicians to get voters back. In Trump's case, it is mostly self-inflicted. He continues to talk about the 2020 election being stolen and that is something independent voters have moved on from. Voters look forward, not backwards. They are ready for him to move on but he seems incapable of doing so.

The Washington Post conducted a small focus group consisting of 15 swing voters who all voted for Trump in 2016 and for Biden in 2020.

None want a Trump-Biden re-match.

Most do not want Biden to run again but despite that fact, they will choose Biden over Trump if that is the choice.

They all said that Biden is too old and feeble to do the job. They all described themselves as concerned and worried about facing a re-match. Some even claim to be panicked by the possibility. Of the fifteen, only three said they would go back to Trump and vote for him
BigBrother
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

I agree on the split base. I personally don't feel this is the best way to unify everyone, but the polls currently show him up bigly, so maybe I'm wrong.

I can tell you that I absolutely do not have TDS, even though you imply everyone does who backs Desantis, but I've been pretty annoyed at how he's handling it.

From the other POV I suppose I can understand MAGA folks wondering why Desantis didn't just wait until 2028. I'm genuinely curious if he'll explain that when he announces. My guess is COVID-handling, but I honestly don't know.
LMCane
BigBrother said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

I agree on the split base. I personally don't feel this is the best way to unify everyone, but the polls currently show him up bigly, so maybe I'm wrong.

I can tell you that I absolutely do not have TDS, even though you imply everyone does who backs Desantis, but I've been pretty annoyed at how he's handling it.

From the other POV I suppose I can understand MAGA folks wondering why Desantis didn't just wait until 2028. I'm genuinely curious if he'll explain that when he announces. My guess is COVID-handling, but I honestly don't know.
Why should DeSantis wait another 5 years?!?

How well did that work out for Barack Obama when told to wait his turn back in 2008 - as Hillary was going to be the first female President?

Not to mention there will be little left of the Republic with another 6 years of leftist rule. something guaranteed if Trump is the nominee again for a third time.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

Wrong. I call out totally, illogical crap spewed out against Trump. I like DeSantis, I just think Trump is better. I have nothing against those that back DeSantis over Trump.

Just the non-sensical crap makes me laugh, so I laugh at it.
LOL OLD
Ag87H2O
AG
If a Trump nomination is so inevitable, he sure is wasting a lot of money taking shots at DeSantis.

And the notion that he's doing it to keep the base unified is laughable. It's pissing a lot of his base off. He's doing it because he full well understands DeSantis can win the nomination.
BigBrother
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Wrong. I call out totally, illogical crap spewed out against Trump. I like DeSantis, I just think Trump is better. I have nothing against those that back DeSantis over Trump.

Just the non-sensical crap makes me laugh, so I laugh at it.
Fair enough. I seem to remember this board being kinda similar during the Cruz-Trump battles. Sticks and stones.
TRM
AG
Ag87H2O said:

If a Trump nomination is so inevitable, he sure is wasting a lot of money taking shots at DeSantis.

And the notion that he's doing it to keep the base unified is laughable. It's pissing a lot of his base off. He's doing it because he full well understands DeSantis can win the nomination.
It'll be interesting to look at his burn rate and incoming donations the next couple of quarters. He was going to have a lackluster Q1 fundraising if it wasn't for the indictment.
GeorgiAg
AG
DeSanctus is such a stupid and childish nickname.
Old May Banker
AG
Why would anyone think that an 80 year old carnival barker is the best this country, or party, has to offer?
BigBrother
AG
LMCane said:

BigBrother said:

Science Denier said:

Quote:

Why should DeSantis wait another 5 years?!?

How well did that work out for Barack Obama when told to wait his turn back in 2008 - as Hillary was going to be the first female President?

Not to mention there will be little left of the Republic with another 6 years of leftist rule. something guaranteed if Trump is the nominee again for a third time.
I'm not saying he should. I'm trying to see things from their POV. I can understand that argument somewhat as a voter. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

Another issue of concern is how many Reps are now joining the race. It only helps Trump. Even Youngkin might join. Reps drawing 4-5% cost Cruz a state or two early on IIRC.
ts5641
Does he really think he can win? I guess with his ego he probably does. I think he wants to crush RD and then claim another stolen election after he loses even worse this time.
LMCane
While Trump is thinking up his latest batch of lies "I am beating Biden so big!!" and "have won two elections, the second bigger than the first but it was rigged!!"

DeSantis signs the new Curtis Bill to provide support to victims families.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Today, Governor Ron DeSantis signed House Bill 233, also known as Curtis' Law, to better support families who have endured the ultimate tragedy of losing their loved ones due to crime.

HB 233 expands the rights of families whose minor children have been victims of crime by requiring law enforcement agencies to provide investigative and contact information to the next of kin of deceased minors who were the victim of a homicide.

This bill is named for Curtis Williamson, who was murdered in 1997 in San Diego. Authorities, however, considered his death an accident until 2017. Curtis' mother, Patricia Ward, had difficulty obtaining information related to the investigation of her son's case and spent nearly two decades collecting evidence, which eventually led to the San Diego Police Department and County Medical Examiner's Office changing the manner of Curtis' death to a homicide. Ward now lives in Florida and advocates for laws similar to HB 233.
Bird93
AG
To me, the choice is simple. 100% of Trump supporters would vote for DeSantis in the general. The converse of that is not true.
Rapier108
Bird93 said:

To me, the choice is simple. 100% of Trump supporters would vote for DeSantis in the general. The converse of that is not true.
Typical Trumpster lie.

There are Trump supporters including people here who have publicly said they will not vote for DeSantis if he is the nominee.

You can find others around the Internet. Free Republic has a huge number of Only and Forever Trumpers who hate DeSantis more than they hate Biden or any other Democrat. They would rather see the country burn than anyone but Trump win.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
No Spin Ag
Rapier108 said:

Bird93 said:

Typical Trumpster lie.

There are Trump supporters including people here who have publicly said they will not vote for DeSantis if he is the nominee.

You can find others around the Internet. Free Republic has a huge number of Only and Forever Trumpers who hate DeSantis more than they hate Biden or any other Democrat. They would rather see the country burn than anyone but Trump win.

To hate Desantis to that degree, because of their feelings towards Trump, really is cultish. Maybe someone can think of a better word, but that's the only thing I can think of to describe that level of loyalty.
Eso si, Que es
Bird93 said:

I have been on record since the beginning, I am 100% voting for DeSantis in the primary, and I am 100% voting for the winner of the primary in the general.

I have not hear that from trump supporters
BigBrother
AG
Bird93 said:

Why do people keep saying this? There are literally polls out there proving the opposite right now.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
To me the choice is simple. DeSantis spends all of his time talking about how to better the future of the US.

Trump spends all of his time lying and attacking DeSantis from the left.
Last Page
Page 1 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.