OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,642 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
IMnAg79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/110827192482502138
Phatbob
AG
LarryElder said:

Rapier108 said:

Shocking, but Cult45 loves their daily dopamine hit from seeing Trump and his acolytes bash DeSantis.

Trump has no desire to gain any new voters and doesn't want them anyway. He wants his rabid base and that's it which is why he feeds them daily doses of red meat so they stay stirred up and enraged.

Cult 45?!! Every get tired of repeating then same stupid **** on here day after day ? Flagged for trolling

That's rich coming fromone of the longer running trolls on this board atm
LMCane
One thing we never discuss are the hundreds of things that the left will be attacking Trump on if he is the nominee.

The media didn't make a big deal of it before- so they can keep their ammo dry and unleash if he is the nominee. I really could see Trump having the worst general election loss since Mondale in 1984 if he is the nominee.

Trump called for the Constitution to be "temporarily suspended" to install him back as President.

"Former President Donald Trump called for the termination of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election and reinstate him to power Saturday in a continuation of his election denialism and pushing of fringe conspiracy theories.

"Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution," Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social and accused "Big Tech" of working closely with Democrats. "Our great 'Founders' did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

Trump calls for ignoring the Constitution so he can be the President again
aggie93
AG
IMnAg79 said:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/110827192482502138
One thing I find interesting is how Trump folks think it is such a burn that DeSantis supported Trump in the past yet ignore that Trump supported DeSantis. The difference is DeSantis still supports Trump on issues that he agrees with him on and doesn't attack him personally. Trump acts like DeSantis is worse than Biden for being "disloyal".

Oh but it's not a cult, it's just people who irrationally follow a man who gets them to support things that are in direct contrast with what they previously did simply because he says so or they think it benefits him.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FireAg
AG
I think it's dangerous to assume you understand why every Trump supporter still supports him…

I think this lack of understanding and resorting to immediate dismissiveness is going to come back and bite some of you…and I do not believe it will help DeSantis win the nomination…

But in the past few weeks I have learned it's easier to chastise than it is to understand…

It's unfortunate folks on the right, on both sides, seem incapable of rallying behind one common goal…

I am also dismayed that so many want to argue the man instead of addressing the process…if we don't fix the voting issues to ensure fair elections, or at the very least, find a way to be just as cunning as the Left is at rigging the process, it won't matter WHO the right runs…

But I accept that this message continues to fall on deaf ears…
LarryElder
Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

Rapier108 said:

Shocking, but Cult45 loves their daily dopamine hit from seeing Trump and his acolytes bash DeSantis.

Trump has no desire to gain any new voters and doesn't want them anyway. He wants his rabid base and that's it which is why he feeds them daily doses of red meat so they stay stirred up and enraged.

Cult 45?!! Every get tired of repeating then same stupid **** on here day after day ? Flagged for trolling

OH yes someone thinking different than me I aM a TrOLL...I have stopped with the petty names your brethren not so much...

Do yall brag about this in real life owning trump supporters online by calling them names?? Yall are no better than the left-wing crazies who say the same exact thing about Trump.
Phatbob
AG
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

Rapier108 said:

OH yes someone thinking different than me I aM a TrOLL...I have stopped with the petty names your brethren not so much...

Do yall brag about this in real life owning trump supporters online by calling them names?? Yall are no better than the left-wing crazies who say the same exact thing about Trump.
Yes, we have our Desantis club meetings where we get together to coordinate with our local Illuminati and Establishment representatives. Ours are named Dave and Alex, respectively. We meet every Thursday morning for Donuts and coffee.
texagbeliever
FireAg said:

I think it's dangerous to assume you understand why every Trump supporter still supports him…

I think this lack of understanding and resorting to immediate dismissiveness is going to come back and bite some of you…and I do not believe it will help DeSantis win the nomination…

But in the past few weeks I have learned it's easier to chastise than it is to understand…

It's unfortunate folks on the right, on both sides, seem incapable of rallying behind one common goal…

I am also dismayed that so many want to argue the man instead of addressing the process…if we don't fix the voting issues to ensure fair elections, or at the very least, find a way to be just as cunning as the Left is at rigging the process, it won't matter WHO the right runs…

Certainty is the pitfall of intelligent men (and women). It leads to control (demanding Trump to act certain ways or drop out). Ultimately it ends up with the Republicans of the 2000s which is just a Christian bent progressive style bureaucrat.

Ultimately I'd gander much of the angst toward Trump is that he represents a risk. For many DeSantis fans they have risen to success in corporate life and would actually prefer a status quo rather than a true upheaval. DeSantis supporters who are adamant anti Trump see themselves as the American Revolutionaries when really they were the the successful merchants that were loyalists until pushed to the brink.
FL_Ag1998
AG
texagbeliever said:

FireAg said:

Certainty is the pitfall of intelligent men (and women). It leads to control (demanding Trump to act certain ways or drop out). Ultimately it ends up with the Republicans of the 2000s which is just a Christian bent progressive style bureaucrat.

Ultimately I'd gander much of the angst toward Trump is that he represents a risk. For many DeSantis fans they have risen to success in corporate life and would actually prefer a status quo rather than a true upheaval. DeSantis supporters who are adamant anti Trump see themselves as the American Revolutionaries when really they were the the successful merchants that were loyalists until pushed to the brink.

Lol, talk about assumptions.
Old May Banker
AG
Some folks believe a bull in a China closet is more effective than surgical strikes. And then proceed to paint everyone that disagrees with them as damn near traitorous.

Wild mentality to espouse.
Rapier108
Old May Banker said:

Some folks believe a bull in a China closet is more effective than surgical strikes. And then proceed to paint everyone that disagrees with them as damn near traitorous.

Wild mentality to espouse.
And a great way to keep losing voters.

But oh yeah, they don't think they need anyone but MAGA to win the general.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Showertime at the Bidens

Primary polls are the only ones that matter now.

aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

I have probably argued to separate Trump supporters into different camps more than anyone on this board. If I truly thought that every Trump supporter thought the same I wouldn't bother to post because it would be pointless.

I find it especially ironic that you also feel you can chastise me and others constantly and then get upset when we make arguments back to you. I listen to Trump supporters and understand how they fall into different groups of influence. I even posted yesterday about a poll (I know you love polls) that had a detailed breakdown of who is supporting who and why and what would change their minds.

The process issue is also puzzling because DeSantis is literally the only candidate investing serious time and money in fixing that with a real ground game and talking about how he will ballot harvest and is putting resources in place to do it. Trump's only "plan" is to have every other candidate give them all of their money and trust him that he will build a ballot harvesting operation even though he has done zero planning and very clearly needs a LOT of money just for legal bills much less to run his campaign.

I'll vote for Trump is the nominee but he will lose and lose big because of the many, many reasons I have laid out before. Yet I am the one with "deaf ears", amazing.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

FireAg said:

That's one perspective. The other is that the intelligent people you seem to be speaking of in a condescending tone actually understand something about elections and politics because they have studied it. Trump isn't going to win and if he were to win he isn't going to create some upheaval because he will be a 1 termer who is almost 80 with no competent people around him and will be faced with multiple legal battles during his very narrow window to get anything done (many of which he can't pardon himself from even if he is able to pardon away some).

No, it's these damn intelligent people that don't get it and just want the status quo, that's why they are supporting an extremely effective reformer who can serve 2 Terms and has no real baggage to speak of.

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
Nearly a fifth of the way to the full Grassley.
TRM
AG
LarryElder
TRM said:

Pretty sure dEsantis thought the vaccine was effective and encouraged people to get it no ?
texagbeliever
aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

FireAg said:

That's one perspective. The other is that the intelligent people you seem to be speaking of in a condescending tone actually understand something about elections and politics because they have studied it. Trump isn't going to win and if he were to win he isn't going to create some upheaval because he will be a 1 termer who is almost 80 with no competent people around him and will be faced with multiple legal battles during his very narrow window to get anything done (many of which he can't pardon himself from even if he is able to pardon away some).

No, it's these damn intelligent people that don't get it and just want the status quo, that's why they are supporting an extremely effective reformer who can serve 2 Terms and has no real baggage to speak of.

A brilliant man is often his biggest threat as he possesses the means to make lies be true.

I know we all say liberals are dumb and stupid Yada Yada. Reality is many of them actually have just used their high intelligence to convince themselves of lies. Not noting their motivation behind their beliefs or believing they are above bias. And because they are smart they can argue to stalemate of opinion at worst and in some cases win arguments against someone really intellectually inferior. I've done that before.

You say you would support Trump but then say Trump is one step below Biden. Those two ideas are paradoxical. You really want it to be DeSantis so you really want to believe Trump is this monster. But then you also know the chance Trump does win it will be in your best interest for Trump to win. Thus this seeming contradiction in your take on Trump.
Waffledynamics
AG
LarryElder said:

TRM said:

Pretty sure dEsantis thought the vaccine was effective and encouraged people to get it no ?

You mean the one that Trump commissioned and pushed as the best thing since sliced bread?

You know, Trump, who wanted to claim he had authority to order lockdowns, and who let Fauci and Birx run amok?
C@LAg
LarryElder said:

you mean the same vaccine that $7.8 trillion dollar spending, vaccine-pushing, Fauci-supporting, $3+T COVID free bucks paying Trump fast-tracked and hawked like any one of his scammy vodka or steak products?

That vaccine?
Phatbob
AG
LarryElder said:

TRM said:

Are you trying to not be a troll now and you really ignored the 500 posts already about that, or are you still just trolling... I am going to go with troll.
FireAg
AG
C@LAg said:

LarryElder said:

you mean the same vaccine that $7.8 trillion dollar spending, vaccine-pushing, Fauci-supporting, $3+T COVID free bucks paying Trump fast-tracked and hawked like any one of his scammy vodka or steak products?

That vaccine?

Curious how many DeSantis supporters caved and still took the vaccine, and now they wish they hadn't?

I know what Trump said about the vaccine during the height of Covid hysteria, and I categorically disagreed with him or anyone else who said the vaccine was a good idea…

Who else is still pure-blood on the DeSantis side? Did DeSantis himself take the jab?
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

FireAg said:

A brilliant man is often his biggest threat as he possesses the means to make lies be true.

I know we all say liberals are dumb and stupid Yada Yada. Reality is many of them actually have just used their high intelligence to convince themselves of lies. Not noting their motivation behind their beliefs or believing they are above bias. And because they are smart they can argue to stalemate of opinion at worst and in some cases win arguments against someone really intellectually inferior. I've done that before.

You say you would support Trump but then say Trump is one step below Biden. Those two ideas are paradoxical. You really want it to be DeSantis so you really want to believe Trump is this monster. But then you also know the chance Trump does win it will be in your best interest for Trump to win. Thus this seeming contradiction in your take on Trump.
Trump is like fighting an infection in your leg by cutting it off. Sure, it might work for that particular infection and it is better than dying. But it brings about so many other problems, it's not exactly an exciting proposition, or even anywhere close to a good option when there is the "just take antibiotics" option that is right there, readily available.
texagbeliever
FireAg said:

C@LAg said:

LarryElder said:

That vaccine?

Curious how many DeSantis supporters caved and still took the vaccine, and now they wish they hadn't?

I know what Trump said about the vaccine during the height of Covid hysteria, and I categorically disagreed with him or anyone else who said the vaccine was a good idea…

Who else is still pure-blood on the DeSantis side? Did DeSantis himself take the jab?

Pure blood. Fired from a high paying job / lucrative career. Refused the option to sign an exemption form.

Ultimately I think the vaccine hysteria is a bit overblown. I didn't avoid the vaccine because of side effects I did it because I didn't believe it to be beneficial.

I support DeSantis but as you know I also support Trump. So probably not who you were talking too.
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

C@LAg said:

LarryElder said:

That vaccine?

This has been discussed a lot very recently, but to summarize it - yes, DeSantis did take the jab when it first came out, and encouraged people to take it if they could, but always said it needed to only be optional, never required. He stopped supporting it soon after and went hardcore on not closing anything down, regardless of any vaccine status.

As far as closing things down initially, he originally did so after being encouraged to do so by Trump. After the initial "two weeks", he moved to open things up and not remain closed.
FireAg
AG
I'm the same on Trump vs DeSantis, but to be fair, Christ himself would not have convinced me to take the jab…

Now I somewhat agree with you about lack of benefit being a reason, but for me, it was more a risk/reward analysis…

Was the risk of side effects worth any potential benefit from the jab?

For me, that's was a hard NO…
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

What an absolute clown post... for all the good things Trump did, clinging to this is foolish as it's amongst the biggest disappointments he has.
Bryanisbest
AG
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

FireAg said:

Trump is like fighting an infection in your leg by cutting it off. Sure, it might work for that particular infection and it is better than dying. But it brings about so many other problems, it's not exactly an exciting proposition, or even anywhere close to a good option when there is the "just take antibiotics" option that is right there, readily available.

No, Trump is like the amputation of a gangrene limb that will kill you, America, if lesser antibiotics like DeSantis are applied.
texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

FireAg said:

C@LAg said:

LarryElder said:

That vaccine?

This has been discussed a lot very recently, but to summarize it - yes, DeSantis did take the jab when it first came out, and encouraged people to take it if they could, but always said it needed to only be optional, never required. He stopped supporting it soon after and went hardcore on not closing anything down, regardless of any vaccine status.

As far as closing things down initially, he originally did so after being encouraged to do so by Trump. After the initial "two weeks", he moved to open things up and not remain closed.

You do see the critical take here then.

DeSantis caved early on so he could play both sides depending on how the public opinion played out. Because of that he now has cover long term for being on both sides of the issue.

That is NOT my take, but it is the type of take DeSantis side makes on every thing Trump does. Again I think Trump allowed governors to do their jobs and sadly there were only 3-5 that did. DeSantis was one of them.
C@LAg
Bryanisbest said:

No, Trump is like the amputation of a gangrene limb that will kill you, America, if lesser antibiotics like DeSantis are applied.
bwaaaaaaaahaaahahahahahaahaaahaahahahaa

trump is the STD that never goes away in spite of all the penicillin/anti-virals in the world..
FL_Ag1998
AG
Guys, you're arguing with a known troll (LaRriElDurr) who thinks its funny to misspell Desantis in every post.
texagbeliever
FL_Ag1998 said:

Guys, you're arguing with a known troll (LaRriElDurr) who thinks its funny to misspell Desantis in every post.

Yeah he is best ignored. Kind-of like the guys who say Cult45 that stop by now and again.
FireAg
AG
You can't just claim Trump shut things down…like it was some unilateral decision where he ignored everyone and went with his gut…

It was a ****ty, unprecedented situation, and while I disagreed with many of the decisions made early on, I at least understand the thought process at the time…

I absolutely believe that, in the early days, just about anyone in power would have done something similar…even DeSantis…

But that's irrelevant…when it comes to the vaccine, Facui was wrong, Trump was wrong, DeSantis was wrong, Schumer was wrong, Pelosi was wrong…anyone who encouraged taking a completely unproven concoction with no pedigree behind it, R, D or I (and there were PLENTY in each party) was dead wrong…

And anyone thinking that mandating that damn thing was the right thing to do should have been hung for treason against the constitution…
FireAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Yeah he is best ignored. Kind-of like the guys who say Cult45 that stop by now and again.

Yeah I'be been hitting the ignore button on the cult users…
SwigAg11
AG
As far as I understand, DeSantis never mandated it?
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.