A compromise for gun control.

12,791 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by eric76
SteveA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Or will use another weapon - a car, for example.
It's pretty hard to infiltrate a school with a car.
Nick the Sherpa
Choowey said:

Don't have a dog in this fight.

However, I find it funny that when someone mentions gun control, mostly about AR's, tons of people start screaming "shall not be infringed."

The only arms people were bearing when that was written were muskets.

Exactly. There's no NEED for an AR. So many people killed by them.

I also find it pretty sad that conservatives aren't willing to compromise at all on this issue. Well we need to do something!
deddog
AG
Choowey said:

However, I find it funny that when someone mentions gun control, mostly about AR's, tons of people start screaming "shall not be infringed."

There were no TVs and Radios when the founding fathers came up with the bill of rights.
Which is why Government can curb all speech on TV, Radio and the Internet.

Said no one ever.
GeorgiAg
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

fixer
SteveA said:

Quote:

Not if it is recess and the barrier is a chain link fence.

Or worse when school is letting out or getting started.
Nick the Sherpa
deddog said:

Choowey said:

There were no TVs and Radios when the founding fathers came up with the bill of rights.

Said no one ever.

How many kids are getting killed by free speech?
schmellba99
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

deddog said:

Choowey said:

Said no one ever.

Depends on how you define "getting killed". A whole lot will be committing suicide in a few years due to the fact that their parents used that "free speech" to mutilate their kids and mentally warp them.
Choobadooba
Nick the Sherpa said:

deddog said:

Choowey said:

Said no one ever.

That can of worms is going to derail this thread lol
fixer
Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

I also find it pretty sad that conservatives aren't willing to compromise at all on this issue. Well we need to do something!

Define what your concept of need is.
deddog
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Heres what we can do:

- Cops in schools
- Don't vote for DAs who let out criminals in the name of equity (almost exclusively democrat)
- Don't vote for politicians refuse to enforce our borders (mostly democrat)
- Don't vote to disarm resource officers in schools (mostly blue state schools)
- Provide mental health counseling to trans students. They are clearly mentally disturbed. Ban trans folks from owning guns.
- Illegal immigrant? Send them to jail if they have a firearm.

Ideally, prevent democrats from owning guns. By far most. of the gun violence is committed by democrats in blue cities in blue states. Don't allow cities that vote blue to have guns.

If you vote democrat, you are a big part of the problem.
You're welcome.
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

deddog said:

Choowey said:

Said no one ever.

A lot actually. Look at suicide due to bullying.
deddog
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

deddog said:

Choowey said:

Said no one ever.

Not as many as democrats kill in the womb.

Also, "words are violence" or some such bull*****
fixer
Nick the Sherpa said:

deddog said:

Choowey said:

Said no one ever.

There is an increase in suicidality.

There is also exposure to concepts they can't process… leading to behavioral problems like mass casualty events.

deddog
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Why would you ever NOT need an AR?
fixer
deddog said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

When your cabinet is full. Duh.
Old May Banker
AG
Buy another cabinet.
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
fixer said:

deddog said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Still need an AR. Just need another cabinet
fixer
You guys are good.
schmellba99
AG
Choowey said:

Incorrect on the arms, but I expect few people to actually know much about history anymore.

Back then, much of the artillery owned was private. Most of the artillery used by the American forces during the Revolutionary war was privately owned. That only changed when the French jumped into it on our side because they hated the English so much they would use any excuse to stick it to them.

A significant percentage of the long guns used by the militia and infantry were Pennsylvania or Kentucky rifles - which were far superior to the standard issue Brown Bess musket of the day. Were it not for the fact that these rifles are superior - significantly more accurate and considerably farther range - high probability that the sheer number of troops in the English army would have overwhelmed the colonist army.

Hand grenades and other explosives were fairly common and there were no restrictions on them. There were also experimental weapons in the repeating world at that time, even if they were in their infancy.

So, yeah...you are completely incorrect. Also, why would the 2nd only apply to muskets when the others somehow were "living" and therefore apply to modern technology? The reason that the statements are as broad as they are is because the founders very well knew that technology would continue to change and improve (many were inventors and progressives on the technology front) and that simply because technology had changed it didn't mean that the rights inherent to us that the government cannot take away no longer applied.
deddog
AG
fixer said:

deddog said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Sounds like you need some more cabinets

schmellba99
AG
deddog said:

fixer said:

deddog said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Sounds like you need some more cabinets

N+1. Always N+1.
schmellba99
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

There is exactly zero need for any democrat to vote, ever. I find it pretty sad that democrats are so unwilling to compromise on this issue. Well we need to do something!

The second you introduce "need" into a discussion like this, you have admitted you have nothing of substance to discuss and are relying solely on irrational emotions.
Slicer97
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

Exactly. 1) There's no NEED for an AR. 2) So many people killed by them.

3) I also find it pretty sad that conservatives aren't willing to compromise at all on this issue. 4) Well we need to do something!
1) I may not need one, but since I can afford not to live in my parent's basement, I can afford one. There's also no need for a whiner contributing nothing of value to the discussion, yet here you are.

2) So many people are killed by vehicle accidents, fast food addiction, and slippery shower floors. So what?

3) We've compromised enough.

4) Yes. We need to arm ourselves and be vigilant.
Nick the Sherpa
schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

There is exactly zero need for any democrat to vote, ever. I find it pretty sad that democrats are so unwilling to compromise on this issue. Well we need to do something!

The second you introduce "need" into a discussion like this, you have admitted you have nothing of substance to discuss and are relying solely on irrational emotions.

Okay, tell me why you NEED one, not why you want one. Your wants don't matter anymore after all these deaths.

Edit: Apparently I can't post anymore today, but Slicer97 wants to call me a whiner when people are getting killed? And you think I live with my parents because I'm liberal? I work in finance and have 100+ clients. We can compare paychecks whenever you want.
deddog
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Really?

You think it's hard to run over kids waiting at a bus stop?

When someone has decided to kill little kids, they are clearly ****ed up in the head. Demonic even.

Do you think the reason you don't kill kids is because you didn't have an AR?
Or is it because you have some moral compass?

Once you've lost your moral compass, or are possessed by evil, it's not hard to shut the door of a classroom and slit every kids throat with a knife. What are you going to do then? Ban knives? Ban stones?

Evil is real. You can't legislate it by taking guns away from people who are law abiding.
Slicer97
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

Okay, tell me why you NEED one, not why you want one. Your wants don't matter anymore after all these deaths.
But our rights do matter. Your feelings about that don't.
Teslag
AG
Choowey said:

Does the first amendment apply to the internet?
zoneag
Nick the Sherpa said:

schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Your emotional blathering might be relevant if we had a "bill of needs", but we don't.
FratboyLegend
GeorgiAg said:

We have decided that a few dead people everyday is worth it so we can have guns. And even if you banned guns tomorrow, it would take years to implement.

This was decided in 1789.

Deal with it.
#CertifiedSIP
Choobadooba
Nick the Sherpa said:

schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

You can stop asking. You're not going to get an actual answer.
Hypocrite Hunter
Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

Yes! We all need to listen to the bud lite drinker that's not good at his job.
deddog
AG
Nick the Sherpa said:

schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

To protect my family inside my home.

Shotguns have too much kick
Handguns are extremely hard to use, and have too few rounds.
ARs are amazing.
You have three points of contact, so they are ergonomic and stable. 27 round mag, so you can miss a few and still have plenty of ammo, and if you keep the red dot on target you won't miss.

The only disadvantage is they are loud.

The emotional hand wringing about ARs by people who are completely clueless about them is just bizarre. They are fantastic weapons. I have converted many a liberal by taking them to the gun range to shoot them.
Slicer97
AG
Choowey said:

Because his question is worthless. Need has nothing to do with it.
Teslag
AG
Choowey said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

There is no obligation for anyone to state why they "need" a basic civil liberty.
deddog
AG
Choowey said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

schmellba99 said:

Nick the Sherpa said:

Choowey said:

You've clearly not been on this board long enough and definitely not ventured to the outdoors board . If you don't get answers , its because there's a new set of socks every time there is a mass shooting, they think they've finally figured it out. They come here, get embarrassed by facts, use emotional arguments, and leave in a huff to never return. You will be no exception.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.