Gun control and mass shootings

22,014 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Goro Majima
SteveA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

And the Founding Fathers disagreed with you. Fact.
Sort of. As long as we are talking facts...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Everyone always disregards the well regulated militia part.

I didn't have to show my militia card to pick up a pistol from Academy.
FIDO_Ags
I got the usual responses from the usual suspects. Y'all make it too easy sometimes.

SteveA, glad your family ended up safe. Our country does have a problem, and it's two many Americans taking anything the NRA says as gospel. But hey, at least we get to keep guns we don't need.
AggieChamp2021
AG
B-1 83 said:

Will our resident gun control crowd please explain what gun laws would have stopped the more recent mass shootings?

EDIT FROM THE OP: Please be respectful and hear out what potential "solutions" are proposed without going into name calling and attack mode. That's gets threads killed and users banned.
I think the point is that one of the talking points for a lot of politicians is that "more guns in the hands of good guys makes us safer". If that was true, then wouldn't an increase in # of guns decrease the # of homicides?

I'm actually in the middle of the political spectrum on this topic as I think both sides have some merit. Doing nothing is the worst possible scenario. But the question is at what point do enough good guys have guns that homicides decrease? And why are we the only developed country in the world that has this problem? Mental health exists in other countries too.
Ellis Wyatt
SteveA said:

Quote:

Whoever this Steve guy is, is it possible he's a troll because to continue to sound off while being so totally uninformed about firearms is something only mentally handicapped people would do.
I forgot what kind of clueless responses you get when you aren't in line with the majority in this echo chamber. My bad.
The response you're getting is because you have no idea what you're talking about.
SteveA
AG
The fact that we can't converse about the issue without name calling and accusatory liberal memes pretty much solidifies the fact that nothing is going to change.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

The response you're getting is because you have no idea what you're talking about.
Sure, sport.
Psycho Bunny
SteveA said:

Quote:

Sure, sport.
Now who's using name calling.
FIDO_Ags
And neither do you Ellis!
Ellis Wyatt
SteveA said:

Quote:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

And again you show your utter ignorance.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Now who's using name calling.
See what I did there
akm91
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Facts are like kryptonite to a liberal gun grabber
FIFY
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
atmtws
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Perhaps that's because a militia and a military aren't the same thing. There's a difference. You should google it sometime.
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
Ellis Wyatt
SteveA said:

The fact that we can't converse about the issue without name calling and accusatory liberal memes pretty much solidifies the fact that nothing is going to change.
Come back when you've informed yourself. I also don't have discussions with 3 year olds about wise lifestyle choices.
Pizza
FIDO_Ags said:

I got the usual responses from the usual suspects. Y'all make it too easy sometimes.

SteveA, glad your family ended up safe. Our country does have a problem, and it's two many Americans taking anything the NRA says as gospel. But hey, at least we get to keep guns we don't need.

Noooo no you didn't, go play victim somewhere else. You advocate for gun control, and don't appear to be informed, or you're high. No idea which, and I don't care.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
Charles Whitman killed more without the guns sought to be controlled. But let's keep convincing ourselves that it's the type of gun or magazine size that needs to be controlled. What happens when these same loons just resort to the weapons you have used "common sense" to not ban? Ban the next one..the the next one…then we're confiscating knives…. "Common sense knife control of cours
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/04/09/london-mayor-knife-control/500328002/
The_Desert_Fox
SteveA said:

Quote:

This clenches it. You're an emotional lib. No further discussion is desired.
Smittyfubar
AG
Let's say biden and the dems get their wish and all guns, semi or not, black and scary or not, are outlawed tomorrow. How many of you libs honestly think mass "killings" would stop or even dramatically go down?
Formerly Ag_B_10

SteveA
AG
Quote:

Come back when you've informed yourself. I also don't have discussions with 3 year olds about wise lifestyle choices.
You mean, you don't have discussions that challenge your beliefs. No worries, we shall not converse.
Rattler12
SteveA said:

Quote:

What type of folks made up this "well regulated militia"?

Could it have been farmer Brown, store owner Smith, school teacher Jones, blacksmith Williams? Were these folks required to sign up for the militia? Did they receive a special "Militia Card'?

The meat of that statement is "the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The first part just indicates why.
TequilaMockingbird
DannyDuberstein said:

I also live within 4-5 miles and realize that there are 500 million guns in the US already. Thinking these laws would protect is just wishful thinking with zero basis in reality. Law abiders will disarm themselves and become fish in a barrel for sick ****s like this guy

Chicago is the wild west in spite of what is essentially and outright ban of all guns
FIDO_Ags
PE, I am quite well informed and never been high either. I'm just not afraid to come to the circle jerk and advocate for the banning of semiautomatic weapons with high cap mags. I will say I'm not a member of the NRA since I have the experience to ignore their talking points.
Ellis Wyatt
SteveA said:

Quote:

You mean, you don't have discussions that challenge your beliefs. No worries, we shall not converse.
You don't even have a basic grasp of the things you're trying to discuss. There's no point in having a discussion based on your irrational feelings.
Smittyfubar
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

Not only does it seem you don't know what a "well regulated militia" is, you seem to miss the "being necessary" part. That is basically always. I used to be ignorant too (a long time ago), of the actual definition, but know what it means now.
Formerly Ag_B_10

zoneag
SteveA said:

Quote:

Funny how you came into this thread claiming not to be a "gun control guy", yet have pretty much brought up every leftist anti-gun argument out there. You're about as moderate as Beto "hell yes I'm gonna take your AR15" O'rourke. At least be honest about your stance.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

I'm probably emotional. Does it make me a lib for questioning the availability of these guns? I mean, I can be conservative if all other aspects, except this one, and I'm a lib? Just trying to clarify.
FIDO_Ags
As an FYI, Charles Whitman had 3 different rifles at the tower.
Ellis Wyatt
SteveA said:

Quote:

I'm probably emotional. Does it make me a lib for questioning the availability of these guns? I mean, I can be conservative if all other aspects, except this one, and I'm a lib? Just trying to clarify.
You're advocating against a God-given right, so you aren't a conservative.
Psycho Bunny
FIDO_Ags said:

PE, I am quite well informed and never been high either. I'm just not afraid to come to the circle jerk and advocate for the banning of semiautomatic weapons with high cap mags. I will say I'm not a member of the NRA since I have the experience to ignore their talking points.
I'm keeping my 60 round 5.56 mag drums and you can't stop me.

Also... criminals have the same mag drums and you really think they are going to turn theirs in. Bless your heart.
FIDO_Ags
Then we should just add the NRA talking points to the Bible and codify them. Geez.
34blast
In a murder(s), a gun is just a tool than can be used to carry out evil. The libtards want God removed and all kinds of evil and sin to thrive. The real problem is the heart / morality. Controlling guns in anyway doesn't really address the core issue
FIDO_Ags
Username checks out.
Ellis Wyatt
You're the only one talking about the NRA. The right is not the left. We don't have talking points to follow. Facts, logic, and reason are what I adhere to.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Funny how you came into this thread claiming not to be a "gun control guy", yet have pretty much brought up every leftist anti-gun argument out there. You're about as moderate as Beto "hell yes I'm gonna take your AR15" O'rourke. At least be honest about your stance.
I guess that's kinda what you get when your interactions have been based solely on this forum. But honestly, never really been on the gun control side of things, until yesterday. But I haven't really been attached to guns either. Maybe I will slide back to indifference in a few days.
Ellis Wyatt
SteveA said:

Quote:

I guess that's kinda what you get when your interactions have been based solely on this forum. But honestly, never really been on the gun control side of things, until yesterday. But I haven't really been attached to guns either. Maybe I will slide back to indifference in a few days.
I'd suggest learning what you're trying to argue.
Watchful Ag
AG
FIDO_Ags said:

So strip law abiding citizens of everything while requiring nothing from criminals?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.