Crazy CEO Rant - 'Leave Pity City'

6,819 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Allen76
EclipseAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When are CEOs gonna realize that all these Teams/Zoom employee meetings are being recorded and leaked?
infinity ag
Ag87H2O said:

She was proud of herself too with the mic drop at the end. This is the king of arrogant, condescending crap you get with the elitist left.

We know best, just shut up and do what we say.

She should get fired and lose her bonus.
deddog
AG
TxLawDawg said:

Hard to know what to think here. The video wasn't necessarily terrible in and of itself until the very end with the mic drop or whatever action she mimicked. I also find it hard to believe she "awarded herself" a bonus like the tweet states. Most CEO's are not in charge of their own bonus unless they also own the company. Given that this is a publicly traded company (or at least the parent company is, that's not the case.

The Board or the Executive Compensation Committee is generally responsible for setting the CEO's compensation and bonus. So the real question, not that anyone is going to take the time to listen, is what was the basis of her bonus? Was it contractual from before the dip? Was it metric driven and she somehow met whatever metrics were set? Did the Board just feel like giving her money for some reason even though the company is performing poorly financially? Who knows. But this is clearly an opportunity to paint all corporations with a broad brush and push the narrative of class oppression, even though many large corporations these days are run by leftist boards and executives that run on DEI principles. It's possible her bonus had nothing to do with the financial performance of the company.
Her bonus was from last year.
But spot on , on everything else

deddog
AG
EclipseAg said:

When are CEOs gonna realize that all these Teams/Zoom employee meetings are being recorded and leaked?
They do.

In this case the CEO read the room poorly, and her mask slipped.
infinity ag
deddog said:

AggieUSMC said:

What she said, in and of itself, is not wrong. If you're bonus is dependent on hitting a certain number, and you don't hit it, don't whine when you don't get your bonus.

But if she actually gave herself a bonus while everyone else didn't, that's f-ed up.
I don't think she did.
A different article i read suggested this years bonuses have not been decided
Perhaps it was last years bonus? Social media being social media.

You are nitpicking over a detail that isn't the point. She is RICH, she makes about $5M a year. Her workers make about $45k a year. They are likely to be living paycheck to paycheck. This woman is taunting her employees to STFU about bonuses and worry about $26M that is supposedly a shortfall. That is HER job and her useless C suite to worry about. They suck at their jobs, her employees have the task of making the furniture.

So she can live without her salar/bonus for the year, her workers cannot. Her lack of empathy is a big red flag.
TxTarpon

Quote:

....her employees have the task of making and selling the furniture.
FIFY

VitruvianAg
AG
Any of you common people ever price out a Knoll or Herman Miller piece? Those people live in a different world from the rest of us. Screw 'em.

That said!

$8000 for this bad boy from HM.

I collect furniture like this. Mine is an original 1970's made HM (build sheet is still inside) I bought off of Craigslist for $250, restored it with new tan Spiney Beck Leather, I'll hand it down to whichever of my kids wants it the most.

I also have a two Warren Platner lounge chairs and table in black Spiney Beck leather, table has a black granite top I had duplicated from an original chipped Carrera Marble top.

$7,900 $1,200

Always wanted to add an original Barcelona Chair and ottoman.

$12,000 for both!

And I used to have two Wassily chairs, but they were knock offs and the kids broke one of the arm straps

But if I find some originals Knoll pieces used at a good price....

I'd love a Charles Rennie MacKintosh Willow chair, or one of his ladder back chairs.

A F L Wright Dinning set would be super, but I'll have to build my own, no way I'll ever find a set like this:

Dimebag Darrell
infinity ag said:

deddog said:

AggieUSMC said:

What she said, in and of itself, is not wrong. If you're bonus is dependent on hitting a certain number, and you don't hit it, don't whine when you don't get your bonus.

But if she actually gave herself a bonus while everyone else didn't, that's f-ed up.
I don't think she did.

You are nitpicking over a detail that isn't the point. She is RICH, she makes about $5M a year. Her workers make about $45k a year. They are likely to be living paycheck to paycheck. This woman is taunting her employees to STFU about bonuses and worry about $26M that is supposedly a shortfall. That is HER job and her useless C suite to worry about. They suck at their jobs, her employees have the task of making the furniture.

So she can live without her salar/bonus for the year, her workers cannot. Her lack of empathy is a big red flag.
This, plain and simple. Plus, she's a wretched liberal c u next tuesday.
infinity ag
deddog said:

EclipseAg said:

They do.

In this case the CEO read the room poorly, and her mask slipped.

You are over-estimating CEOs by a mile. There are some good ones and some absolute dunderheads. Just because she worked at Gap for 25 years at a high position, doesn't make her tech savvy. CEOs did this stuff for decades, but it's only now that everyone can easily record and leak them out. It didn't happen just 5 years ago.
Muy
AG
fc2112 said:

The absolutely meanest, nastiest bosses I've ever had were women.

Because they think that's how men act. Women are over emotional lunatics for most roles in leadership.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Really enjoy the passive-aggressive "Have a GREAT day" at the end of that rant. This lady's heart is filled with hate
TxTarpon
"Words mean things."--Rush Limbaugh

[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/ceo-who-went-viral-for-pity-city-comment-on-bonuses-apologizes-to-staff-i-feel-terrible-that-my-rallying-cry-seemed-insensitive/ar-AA1a6PRw][/url]
Quote:

CEO who went viral for 'pity city' comment on bonuses apologizes to staff: 'I feel terrible that my rallying cry seemed insensitive'

"I want to be transparent and empathetic, and as I continue to reflect on this instance, I feel terrible that my rallying cry seemed insensitive," Owen said in an email to staff. "What I'd hoped would energize the team to meet a challenge we've met many times before landed in a way that I did not intend and for that I am sorry."
cecil77
AG
Quote:

The video wasn't necessarily terrible in and of itself

Yes, it was.
deddog
AG
infinity ag said:

deddog said:

AggieUSMC said:

I don't think she did.

Its not nitpicking. Its trying to understand the picture
More than the intellectually lazy big corporate exec bad. Poor worker bees.

How does an exec give themselves a bonus?
Does she own the company? - been there, seen that
Does she have majority shares and gave herself a bonus while not giving one to her employees? - been there, seen that too - yeah, quit that place as soon as i could

Turns out it's a public company - now this makes no sense. She doesn't get to decide her bonus.

Usually it will be the board, or an exec compensation committee. Then i read an article that says it was last years bonus.

Also, curious as to what her bonus is tied to. She might have been hired because the company was distressed, and they gave her a sweetheart deal while !@#!! over the employees? Possibly.

The board is where the blame really lies
cecil77
AG
TxTarpon said:

"Words mean things."--Rush Limbaugh

[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/ceo-who-went-viral-for-pity-city-comment-on-bonuses-apologizes-to-staff-i-feel-terrible-that-my-rallying-cry-seemed-insensitive/ar-AA1a6PRw][/url]
Quote:

CEO who went viral for 'pity city' comment on bonuses apologizes to staff: 'I feel terrible that my rallying cry seemed insensitive'

"I want to be transparent and empathetic, and as I continue to reflect on this instance, I feel terrible that my rallying cry seemed insensitive," Owen said in an email to staff. "What I'd hoped would energize the team to meet a challenge we've met many times before landed in a way that I did not intend and for that I am sorry."

bull chit.
infinity ag
Muy said:

fc2112 said:

Because they think that's how men act. Women are over emotional lunatics for most roles in leadership.

You are right.
I had had 4 TERRIBLE female bosses, including my first one in my "real" career post A&M. One was a fat ugly racist 50+ lesbian who got drunk on Friday nights and sent out email rants with sections garishly highlighted in purple, yellow and red about some issue or other she had. Hilarious. Only 1 female boss I had was good, she was the strangely youngest among them and the least educated. But she had the maturity to let people do their jobs without micromanaging.

Most women being emotional beings cannot handle leadership without having males to lean on (very few exceptions). Even the "strong women" types in my friend circle have husbands who enable them to show their "strength". Take that away and they collapse.

Here's a fun link to see what happens when it's all wimmenz.

Catfights over handbags and tears in the toilets. When this producer launched a women-only TV company she thought she'd kissed goodbye to conflict...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

Old May Banker
AG
The longest "I'm sorry you feel that way" ever.
Mikeyshooter
AG
We've gone soft if anything in that video offends you.
infinity ag
deddog said:

infinity ag said:

deddog said:

AggieUSMC said:

I don't think she did.

Does she have majority shares and gave herself a bonus while not giving one to her employees? - been there, seen that too - yeah, quit that place as soon as i could

Turns out it's a public company - now this makes no sense. She doesn't get to decide her bonus.

Usually it will be the board, or an exec compensation committee. Then i read an article that says it was last years bonus.

Also, curious as to what her bonus is tied to. She might have been hired because the company was distressed, and they gave her a sweetheart deal while !@#!! over the employees? Possibly.

Don't be so naive. We have all been there as well, not just you.
In short, At the C levels it's all a big club. They all scratch each other's backs. If they get into trouble here, they can get hired elsewhere. So the board gives her a big bonus. Who is the board? Other CEOs. Who is on their board? This CEO woman. So everyone gives each other good bonuses. Her situation is not the same as the average joe.

And folks at the lower levels defend them hoping they may reach the C levels some day. 5 years since she became CEO and the stock price still sucks. She's still CEO until she got cocky which may leave the board with no option but to fire her. She got her bonus for her 4 year performance. How does that work? It's amusing the way you rush to defend them, they don't care about you. You are just a number. Dispensable if they need to make some numbers.
Tramp96
fc2112 said:

Fact.

100%.
deddog
AG
infinity ag said:

deddog said:

infinity ag said:

deddog said:

AggieUSMC said:

I don't think she did.

In short, At the C levels it's all a big club. They all scratch each other's backs. If they get into trouble here, they can get hired elsewhere. So the board gives her a big bonus. Who is the board? Other CEOs. Who is on their board? This CEO woman. So everyone gives each other good bonuses. Her situation is not the same as the average joe.

And folks at the lower levels defend them hoping they may reach the C levels some day. 5 years since she became CEO and the stock price still sucks. She's still CEO until she got cocky which may leave the board with no option but to fire her. She got her bonus for her 4 year performance. How does that work? It's amusing the way you rush to defend them, they don't care about you. You are just a number. Dispensable if they need to make some numbers.

Show me where I defended anyone. But hey . We'll go with your intellectually lazy Execs and Corporations bad analysis. Twitter was made to be consumed by folks like you
infinity ag
deddog said:

infinity ag said:

deddog said:

infinity ag said:

deddog said:

AggieUSMC said:

I don't think she did.

Show me where I defended anyone. But hey . We'll go with your intellectually lazy Execs and Corporations bad analysis. Twitter was made to be consumed by folks like you

Nice way to take the high ground when you were shown the mirror on your naivete and ignorance. Like I said, continue to lick the boots of the execs, they may throw you a few cents. You will never be one of them like you so crave to be.
LRHF
AG
I used to have about 25 of these memos, they are epic! He was on par with Oscar Wyatt (Coastal oil and gas)
infinity ag
goatchze said:

Got nothing on Tiger Mike Davis.

Dude would not survive social media.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Wow... Talking about leaving by example and *****ing about people asking about bonuses after taking a 20% bonus. Talk about tone deaf and a lack of self awareness...
TheEternalPessimist
infinity ag said:

It's in the eyes.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
TheEternalPessimist
Tramp96 said:

fc2112 said:

Fact.

100%.
I have to be fair here.... they were WHITE Unmarried WOKE women.

I had a black female boss who knew we disagreed on politics etc..... but always treated me well. Was focused solely on my work and actually advocated for me.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
TxTarpon
goatchze said:

Got nothing on Tiger Mike Davis.

LOL
Old school law firms were like that.
Now it is just Steve Harvey rolling like that.
TxTarpon
Rush?
cecil77
AG
TxTarpon said:

Rush?
No, her quote, not yours. Sorry was skimming fast.
APHIS AG
There are three forms of respect, two are given and one is earned and to me, the earned one is the most important.

1. Position respect. Well, she is the boss so she can do whatever she wants.

2. Rank: Well, she is the CEO.

3. Individual: This respect is earned and she fails in this category by not taking care of those that take care of her.

But for a lot of people in leadership roles, two out of three is OK.
BaileyAg
AG
Here for more Tiger Mike memos
TacosaurusRex
Tramp96 said:

fc2112 said:

Fact.

100%.

I hate to pile on, because I know there is good female leadership out there, but I haven't experienced it professionally. I have left two jobs in my professional life and I left because of awful female leadership.
P.H. Dexippus
AG

RIP Tiger Mike. I first read those memos on TexAgs when they first made the internet. He apparently died in 2016.

https://amp.smh.com.au/national/mike-davis-arguably-the-worlds-grumpiest-boss-20160929-grr5db.html

Memos: https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/2027086/1
Waffledynamics
AG
CEOs as a class of people should be made to go through public, gruesome (for them) humiliation rituals that force them to either embrace humility or drive them to complete depression and despair. They should be forced to work menial jobs and be treated how their underlings are treated. They should be put into the actual functions of their company and be given the absolute ****tiest part of the work.

The world would be better off without most CEO figures. I think most would quit if they were forced to spend a year doing that stuff.

Oh, and if they can't hack it, they can just quit or be fired.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.