Crazy CEO Rant - 'Leave Pity City'

6,840 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Allen76
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MillerKnoll CEO Andi Owen took home a $5M salary + $1M bonus while scolding her employees (who made a reported ~$45K/yr) for inquiring about the status of their own bonuses (which she nixed that year).

She has a video call with her employees and tells them to Leave Pity City. Someone leaked it and it's all over now.

But but but I was told by the media and feminists that female CEOs had more empathy and maturity than male CEOs... I don't understand.... what happened...

GAC06
AG
Not even a jelly of the month club?
Psycho Bunny
GAC06 said:

TxTarpon
Yeah, office furniture in the new world of Work from Home.

In her defense, she is exercising "servant leadership".
She wants her servants to follow her leadership.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Ick. You're going to make me defend feminists.

Yeah so this woman sucks, and most CEO's I find to be cool as hell but then again so are most sociopaths. Edit: and most execs are indeed sociopaths. This is nothing new, but by all means lets paint with a broad brush because of this one egotistical wacked out woman.

Edit 2: I am beyond shocked this woman is a democrat. Probably lectures people on how oil and gas kills the genderfluid squirrels near the Euphrates.
Ellis Wyatt
Another leftist nutjob.
HumbleAg04
AG
Looked at their brands. Luxury designer furniture and materials. Yeah enjoy the recession *****.
fc2112
The absolutely meanest, nastiest bosses I've ever had were women.
deddog
AG
Politics aside, this is just horrendous leadership

Also if company didn't meet numbers how did she get a bonus? Which set of idiots approved that?
Kozmozag
The ending of that call looked like she just wanted to give the board a reason to fire her...lol, how did Karen beco.e a boss?
deddog
AG
Looked it up
Bonuses haven't been decided for the year

Still insensitive…and discouraging if you are an employee

https://www.livemint.com/opinion/online-views/millerknoll-ceo-faces-backlash-over-leaked-video-clip-discouraging-employees-from-asking-about-bonuses-11682015413085.html
Old May Banker
AG
She's BSC. My staff would all quit if I'd have addressed them in that way.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Owlagdad
GAC06 said:

You listened to Hal J this morning.
Old May Banker
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Old May Banker said:

She's BSC. My staff would all quit if I'd have addressed them in that way.
It appears the company is in Michigan. There is a good chance they have limited options with how Detroit and Michigan have been driven into the ground by Democrats.

You're probably correct as I never knowingly paid a leftist to work for me.
Martin Q. Blank
fc2112 said:

Men are natural leaders. Women being mean and trying to take control of every situation is their attempt to mimic it.
TheEternalPessimist
infinity ag said:

MillerKnoll CEO Andi Owen took home a $5M salary + $1M bonus while scolding her employees (who made a reported ~$45K/yr) for inquiring about the status of their own bonuses (which she nixed that year).

She has a video call with her employees and tells them to Leave Pity City. Someone leaked it and it's all over now.

But but but I was told by the media and feminists that female CEOs had more empathy and maturity than male CEOs... I don't understand.... what happened...

"Herman Miller has announced that Andi Owen will become the company's next president and chief executive officer. Owen had a 25-year career at Gap Inc., where she most recently led 11,000 employees across 600 stores as global president of Banana Republic"

Also - Andi Owen has only donated historically to Democrats -- notably Obama.

So once again - do as Democrats demand you do! But they are exempt from their own rules and standards. Never shocked.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Ag87H2O
AG
She was proud of herself too with the mic drop at the end. This is the king of arrogant, condescending crap you get with the elitist left.

We know best, just shut up and do what we say.

She should get fired and lose her bonus.
Hondo.
I passed Pity City on my way to downtown Frown Town. Kinda depressing place, but the land is cheap.
AggieUSMC
AG
What she said, in and of itself, is not wrong. If you're bonus is dependent on hitting a certain number, and you don't hit it, don't whine when you don't get your bonus.

But if she actually gave herself a bonus while everyone else didn't, that's f-ed up.
MookieBlaylock
AG
At least Miranda hired hot assistants
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i worked for boa during the great recession. they told our dept that if they took half our already earned bonuses they would not have to let anyone go. they then purchased merrill lynch paid out over 4.5 billion in bonuses to them and canned us all.

if you work in corp america you are nothing but a number.
CheeseSndwch
Her LinkedIn profiles lists the following Causes:

Animal Welfare
Arts and Culture
Children
Civil Rights and Social Action
Environment
Human Rights
Poverty Alleviation

I didn't even know there was a "Causes" section for LinkedIn profiles.
infinity ag
deddog
AG
AggieUSMC said:

What she said, in and of itself, is not wrong. If you're bonus is dependent on hitting a certain number, and you don't hit it, don't whine when you don't get your bonus.

But if she actually gave herself a bonus while everyone else didn't, that's f-ed up.
I don't think she did.
A different article i read suggested this years bonuses have not been decided
Perhaps it was last years bonus? Social media being social media.
deddog
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

i worked for boa during the great recession. they told our dept that if they took half our already earned bonuses they would not have to let anyone go. they then purchased merrill lynch paid out over 4.5 billion in bonuses to them and canned us all.

if you work in corp america you are nothing but a number.
This. Also, if you EVER have leverage in a company, USE it.
Athanasius
AG
Time to pick up some Millerknoll shares?
goatchze
AG
Got nothing on Tiger Mike Davis.

Dimebag Darrell
infinity ag said:

I don't give a F what anyone says, I have seen how women begin to treat each other starting in Jr. High and continuing well into their careers. I have seen lifelong friends turn on each other and sick other females against one another over the most petty of sh**...while I have seen dudes beat the absolute sh** out of each other and be best friends the next day. Literally the ONLY workplace drama I have ever witnessed in my 20 year career in corporate America has always been stupid sh** between females.

I want as few women in positions of high leadership as possible. With few exceptions, I do not believe they were designed for it. If only females led countries, this world would be an absolute nightmare. A lot of women are amazing, but they are definitely their own worst enemy and nothing can change my mind. Not sorry.
infinity ag
deddog said:

Looked it up
Bonuses haven't been decided for the year

Still insensitive…and discouraging if you are an employee

https://www.livemint.com/opinion/online-views/millerknoll-ceo-faces-backlash-over-leaked-video-clip-discouraging-employees-from-asking-about-bonuses-11682015413085.html

Quote:

MillerKnoll CEO who ranted over staffers' bonus concerns made $5 million last year
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2023-04-19/millerknoll-ceos-rant-bonuses-put-executives-multi-million-pay-in-focus

Quote:

In the prior fiscal year she received a salary of roughly $1 million, in addition to about $4 million from mostly stocks and options, an annual incentive plan, and covered expenses, like access to a company jet.

While you are right that this year's bonus for her is not out, her arrogance still shows through that when she made $5M last year, she is whining that her employees are worried about their bonus when they make about $45k.
Now will she cancel her own bonus for this year? You know the answer and so do I. The stock price of her company ticker MLKN is down since she started as CEO in 2018. Why did she get her bonus last year for piss poor performance?
At least Jimbo Fisher recruited well in 5 years.

Bob Lee
AG
AggieUSMC said:

I think a lot of companies don't put a lot of thought into how they model their compensation structure. Bonuses in a lot of cases are target bonuses, but based on companies top line and EBITDA projections. It creates morale problems when companies are underperforming expectations through no fault of their employees. It might seem like a nice idea to tie G&A and overhead type costs to the company's overall performance, but it's a terrible idea. If you have a bunch of malcontents working for you, things go bad.

"Go out and get the $26MM we need" is not helpful. On some level I understand her frustration, but this was not the way.
TxLawDawg
AG
Hard to know what to think here. The video wasn't necessarily terrible in and of itself until the very end with the mic drop or whatever action she mimicked. I also find it hard to believe she "awarded herself" a bonus like the tweet states. Most CEO's are not in charge of their own bonus unless they also own the company. Given that this is a publicly traded company (or at least the parent company is) that's not the case.

The Board or the Executive Compensation Committee is generally responsible for setting the CEO's compensation and bonus. So the real question, not that anyone is going to take the time to listen, is what was the basis of her bonus? Was it contractual from before the dip? Was it metric driven and she somehow met whatever metrics were set? Did the Board just feel like giving her money for some reason even though the company is performing poorly financially? Who knows. But this is clearly an opportunity to paint all corporations with a broad brush and push the narrative of class oppression, even though many large corporations these days are run by leftist boards and executives that run on DEI principles. It's possible her bonus had nothing to do with the financial performance of the company.

ETA: It still reflects very poorly on the Board to award significant CEO bonuses and eliminate all bonuses for other employees. But a bonus is just that - extra compensation for performance or meeting some established metric. It's up to the leadership, but company executives and Board members, to properly align bonus structures with adding value to the business.
GAC06
AG
Owlagdad said:

GAC06 said:

You listened to Hal J this morning.

Don't know who that is
Dimebag Darrell
fc2112 said:

It's like they are so out of place, they have to overcompensate. Many come off as outright sociopaths.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.