UT Austin prof doesn't like white folk

4,454 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 93MarineHorn
BDUB95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, we definitely see videos here every day of wealthy whites running around janking people.
carl spacklers hat
Get Off My Lawn said:

Assuming legit: the totality of this absurdity is incredible. Childishly easy "parrot back to me" quiz, academic word salad, and evidence of a toxic broken world view… it's incredible.
Still assuming it is legit, what does that say about the quality of education folks are receiving in Austin? That "quiz" sounds like it should be given to a middle-school student.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
doubledog
Ellis Wyatt said:

TXaggiesTX said:

I had similarly worded questions in the anthropology class I had to take to get a social sciences credit for my business degree at A&M
I took Anthropology at UT. Never once discussed race or any -ist, -ism, or -phobe.
For most "real" anthropologist the idea of biological "race" does not exist (or only in a cultural sense).
Race is a construe of the society that is present.

Quote:

Biologically speaking, race does not exist. And this bears serious implications for other definitions of race. For example, societally speaking, the idea of race certainly does exist. In America, people of color are made aware of their "race" all too often.

https://scienceandsociety.duke.edu/does-race-exist/#:~:text=Biologically%20speaking%2C%20race%20does%20not,%E2%80%9Crace%E2%80%9D%20all%20too%20often.
Ghost Mech
Clearly the Professor never saw Horrible Bosses.....

TXaggiesTX
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

TXaggiesTX said:

I had similarly worded questions in the anthropology class I had to take to get a social sciences credit for my business degree at A&M
I took Anthropology at UT. Never once discussed race or any -ist, -ism, or -phobe.
Well this was 2018 when I took this class.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

Still assuming it is legit, what does that say about the quality of education folks are receiving in Austin? That "quiz" sounds like it should be given to a middle-school student.
If it's the orange school in Austin you're getting hung up on, you're missing the point. This is at every public university and most private ones, including Texas A&M.
93MarineHorn

Quote:

For example, societally speaking, the idea of race certainly does exist. In America, people of color are made aware of their "race" all too often. The legacy of slavery and Jim Crow manifests itself in the racially-charged inequalities of our criminal justice system, our political system, and our society as a whole. Fear of black and brown people has been re-popularized; mass-killing in the name of "racial pride" is more common than it should be.

This was from the link you posted, absolute garbage. Did you read that pathetic paper? I actually like the conclusion: there is only one human race. Now, how about you take that and act accordingly; no more racist quotas, set asides and marginalization of people with lighter shades.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.