Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,165 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AB selling off 8 smaller brands (Shocktop, Breckenridge etc.) to canadian weed outfit:

Hopefully this is the start of InBev eventually finding a buyer for bud.
Showertime at the Bidens
Aston04 said:

aggiedata said:

Well they should not have sold the company

They didn't. It was a hostile takeover.

I highly recommend the book "Bitter Brew"... Tells the story of the Busch family all the way up to InBev taking the company from them.

And Billy Busch is right. His family stood for patriotism, being in touch with the working man, and were obsessed with being the #1 beer in America. Now their new smug, pencil-pushing foreign owners don't care about that stuff. It's a travesty.

Did Billy Busch tweet that from his yacht?
TRIDENT
AG
I hope so.
Urban Ag
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Aikman: 'That's a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover...'

Buck (with emphasis): 'That is your hard earned money and tax dollars at work!'

Aikman: 'That stuff ain't happening with Kamala/Biden ticket. I will tell you that right now partner'

https://www.kacmedia.com/post/troy-aikman-endorses-biden-ticket-on-hot-mic

Oct. 20, 2020

Tempered my view of Aikman. YMMV
I remember this and I also recall it was deep in sarcasm
Urban Ag
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

I mean BL had a ghey guy pretending to be a woman, 8 has a ghey man pretending to be straight
I always thought this notion of Aikman being gay was soyboy and homos projecting.

HIs trail of discarded hot women seems to really contradict this notion. In fact, most in the know regard his as a womanizing ass hole.

But whatever
Hey...so.. um
Urban Ag said:

agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Aikman: 'That's a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover...'

Buck (with emphasis): 'That is your hard earned money and tax dollars at work!'

Aikman: 'That stuff ain't happening with Kamala/Biden ticket. I will tell you that right now partner'

https://www.kacmedia.com/post/troy-aikman-endorses-biden-ticket-on-hot-mic

Oct. 20, 2020

Tempered my view of Aikman. YMMV
I remember this and I also recall it was deep in sarcasm

I remember hearing he was making fun of one of the liberal producers when he said it in jest.
Urban Ag
AG
an unfortunate truth is that we on the right have an astonishing number of mouth breathers who knee jerk over anything. They're also known as Trump's base.
CDUB98
AG
nortex97 said:

AB selling off 8 smaller brands (Shocktop, Breckenridge etc.) to canadian weed outfit:

Hopefully this is the start of InBev eventually finding a buyer for bud.

Now do Karbach!!
agent-maroon
AG
Urban Ag said:

an unfortunate truth is that we on the right have an astonishing number of mouth breathers who knee jerk over anything. They're also known as Trump's base.

Just to be clear, I never heard that this was said sarcastically and had read it represented as his actual thoughts in several locations including the article I linked in my post. Perhaps my sarcasm meter is malfunctioning or something, so could you provide a link regarding this sarcasm?

Thanks in advance. I've always liked Aikman and would really like for you to be right on this.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You'll be waiting awhile, it wasn't a sarcastic comment. I'm not sure what the other poster is remembering/thinking of.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Señor Chang
AG
agent-maroon said:

Urban Ag said:

Just to be clear, I never heard that this was said sarcastically and had read it represented as his actual thoughts in several locations including the article I linked in my post. Perhaps my sarcasm meter is malfunctioning or something, so could you provide a link regarding this sarcasm?

Thanks in advance. I've always liked Aikman and would really like for you to be right on this.
Check out Aikman's political donation record. He is a strong conservative.
Martin Q. Blank
I actually wish I would have bought a six pack of the Bud Lite with the ******'s face on it. Probably going to be worth something someday.
American Hardwood
AG
I'm glad to see Shock Top back on the buy list. Now I just hope this new company can get better distribution to South Texas. ST to me is superior to Blue Moon in the same category.
techno-ag
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I actually wish I would have bought a six pack of the Bud Lite with the ******'s face on it. Probably going to be worth something someday.
I think only six were printed, all sent to him.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Urban Ag
AG
Thanks
I'm not going to go find a link
The audio I heard in late 2020 was Aikman mocking Biden/Harris

Anyone here really think Troy F'n Aikman is offended by flyovers? What planet are you on?

As you noted he has a history of supporting Republicans
Showertime at the Bidens
BurnetAggie99
American Hardwood said:

I'm glad to see Shock Top back on the buy list. Now I just hope this new company can get better distribution to South Texas. ST to me is superior to Blue Moon in the same category.
Get you some Live Oak Hefeweizen. Local Texas craft beer that can be found at a lot places like HEB. Only Non-German Hefeweizen that is ranked Top 10 in the world.
agent-maroon
AG
Urban Ag said:

Thanks
I'm not going to go find a link
The audio I heard in late 2020 was Aikman mocking Biden/Harris

Anyone here really think Troy F'n Aikman is offended by flyovers? What planet are you on?

As you noted he has a history of supporting Republicans

Quote:

Between his criticism of military flyovers and his reference to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, some football fans have started wondering where Troy Aikman's political affiliations lie. While the former quarterback and current Fox broadcaster hasn't specifically answered that question, his wallet can offer some indication.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Aikman has donated more than $40,000 to Republican causes since 1999. He's contributed to George W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney's campaigns; the Republican National Committee has also received some checks from the quarterback, including a $20,000 sum in 2012.

Skeptics, however, will note that there no donations on record since Aikman gave $500 to the Republican National Committee in 2016. Has the quarterback changed his political leanings in the past four years? At the end of the day, only Troy Aikman himself can truly answer that question.
Troy Aikman Doesn't Exactly Put His $40,000 of Political Money Where His Hot Mic Is

Here's a link (so simple a mouth breather can do it!). No compelling argument to be made either way IMO. It should be noted that he could have just clearly stated that he was being sarcastic, but to date he has not done so.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
G. hirsutum Ag said:

Can someone smarter than me explain how TAP missed their earnings even though they had an increase in volume by almost 12% and how BUD beat earnings while they had an almost equal drop in volume?

I don't know who TAP is but InBev / Anheiser Busch has dozens of brands that are sold globally. Bud Light is just but one product amount many. And their sales in other regions have been increasing while North American sales have been decreasing. The latter were already on the decline before this event ever happened. For example, North America was down 4% '22 over '21 while other regions were up (eg Latin America). Beer drinking is on the decline in North America as younger generations switch to THC and/or simply don't drink like us older generations. Accordingly, non-alcoholic sales were up like 30% which is a huge jump. Now that's probably on a small absolute number but still.

This controversy was largely limited to North America and probably didn't make much headway in other countries and regions.
javajaws
AG
YouBet said:

G. hirsutum Ag said:

Can someone smarter than me explain how TAP missed their earnings even though they had an increase in volume by almost 12% and how BUD beat earnings while they had an almost equal drop in volume?

I don't know who TAP is but InBev / Anheiser Busch has dozens of brands that are sold globally. Bud Light is just but one product amount many. And their sales in other regions have been increasing while North American sales have been decreasing. The latter were already on the decline before this event ever happened. For example, North America was down 4% '22 over '21 while other regions were up (eg Latin America). Beer drinking is on the decline in North America as younger generations switch to THC and/or simply don't drink like us older generations. Accordingly, non-alcoholic sales were up like 30% which is a huge jump. Now that's probably on a small absolute number but still.

This controversy was largely limited to North America and probably didn't make much headway in other countries and regions.

Subtract a few from the "many":

https://www.thestreet.com/restaurants/anheuser-busch-is-selling-8-of-its-beloved-brands-as-bud-light-drama-plagues-its-business
nortex97
AG
It's true he hasn't clarified his political positions.

I appreciate that, as a conservative.

I wish more entertainers would just refrain from deliberately/intentionally specifying their political views, unless/until they decide to jump into politics/run for office themselves.

Good for him, even if he leans left or just doesn't care, etc.
YouBet
AG
javajaws said:

YouBet said:

G. hirsutum Ag said:

Subtract a few from the "many":

https://www.thestreet.com/restaurants/anheuser-busch-is-selling-8-of-its-beloved-brands-as-bud-light-drama-plagues-its-business
Shame.
txags92
AG
techno-ag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

That is what is so fascinating about this whole BL saga. This was a tiny promotion like thousands of others they do all the time. They didn't send cases of this stuff to red states, they sent 6 cans to a dude in a dress who posted a picture of it online. It is the kind of thing any entry level social media manager drone might have done for any product anywhere in the US. And the response to it by a mid level VP when asked about it in a single interview ignited a firestorm that is costing a giant brand billions of dollars and forcing them to change their strategy across all their brands including divesting some.

I highly suspect that brands all over the country are grabbing the reins of their social media accounts back from the new college kid hired because they had a snarky personality and fast thumbs. Every brand level interaction on social media is now being scrutinized and will likely go through s risk management review because of the potential for one ill advised interaction to destroy a brand. Hopefully it makes brands much more reticent about jumping into political topics.
AnScAggie
AG
It's funny to me to have so many dims and CM's lamenting about the workers and wringing their hands about all the collateral damage the right is doing to punish AB for a trans promotion. But, yet when Obama shut down certain car brands and dealerships and when Democrats are doing everything they can to kill the coal, oil and gas industries they cheer and tell O&G workers to learn to code. We live in a clown world.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Urban Ag said:

MookieBlaylock said:

I mean BL had a ghey guy pretending to be a woman, 8 has a ghey man pretending to be straight
I always thought this notion of Aikman being gay was soyboy and homos projecting.

HIs trail of discarded hot women seems to really contradict this notion. In fact, most in the know regard his as a womanizing ass hole.

But whatever

One of my best friends (a woman) went to lunch with Aikman early in his Cowboys career. I've never gotten specifics, but it was a one and done thing. I don't know about "ass hole" per se, but she wasn't interested.

I've known several people who either knew Aikman pretty well or did business with him at one point or another, but she's the only one I know who actually dated (if you want to call it that) him. From what I know about him, he's not really in to people outside of close friends and family, and that has turned a lot of people off. I think some expect him to be some sort of good old boy willing to talk football with anyone he meets, and he's nowhere near that person. Whether that makes him an ******* or not, you'll have to be the judge. Not saying that what you say about him definitely isn't true, but in the limited info I've gotten, that hasn't been my impression.
nortex97
AG
Yeah but the gal that did it wasn't a recent college grad, but a VP of marketing for bud light with an MBA from Wharton. And it was the CEO, Brandon Whitworth, who amplified it by not apologizing at all for the silliness/insults toward women/customers.
techno-ag
AG
txags92 said:

techno-ag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

That is what is so fascinating about this whole BL saga. This was a tiny promotion like thousands of others they do all the time. They didn't send cases of this stuff to red states, they sent 6 cans to a dude in a dress who posted a picture of it online. It is the kind of thing any entry level social media manager drone might have done for any product anywhere in the US. And the response to it by a mid level VP when asked about it in a single interview ignited a firestorm that is costing a giant brand billions of dollars and forcing them to change their strategy across all their brands including divesting some.

I highly suspect that brands all over the country are grabbing the reins of their social media accounts back from the new college kid hired because they had a snarky personality and fast thumbs. Every brand level interaction on social media is now being scrutinized and will likely go through s risk management review because of the potential for one ill advised interaction to destroy a brand. Hopefully it makes brands much more reticent about jumping into political topics.
It's not hard. Just quit shoving woke themes down people's throats. We're tired of it and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

AggieDruggist89
AG
I've said it before on this thread. I couldn't careless about Mulvaney and his antics. Don't care.

It was the know it all VP of marketing's 5 minute interview. Condescending and woke. But mostly, she's ****ing hideous looking ugly horse face with huge teeth and gums.

If it was young Charlize Theron with the same script, I'd be drinking Bud Light.

So I'm shallow. **** you.
txags92
AG
nortex97 said:

Yeah but the gal that did it wasn't a recent college grad, but a VP of marketing for bud light with an MBA from Wharton. And it was the CEO, Brandon Whitworth, who amplified it by not apologizing at all for the silliness/insults toward women/customers.
That's what I said. The can was an innocuous thing that they and other brands do thousands of times a year. It was how one mid level manager responded to a question about it that kicked open the hornets nest.
Showertime at the Bidens
techno-ag said:

txags92 said:

techno-ag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

It's not hard. Just quit shoving woke themes down people's throats. We're tired of it and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not trying to be a downer, but I've been hearing it's the last straw for at least 20 years. Every week there's a new company to the boycott on f16. we got lucky because Bud Light was something unique to blue-collar America.
CDUB98
AG
Not that I drank Bood Light anyway, but the tranee cans alone would have been enough for me to switch.

The woke dumbassery of management is nothing new to me, sadly.
powerbelly
AG
She is a business woman with a clear mandate, "Kill the most popular beer brand in the world"
techno-ag
AG
Zarathustra said:

techno-ag said:

txags92 said:

techno-ag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Not trying to be a downer, but I've been hearing it's the last straw for at least 20 years. Every week there's a new company to the boycott on f16. we got lucky because Bud Light was something unique to blue-collar America.

Yeah those obviously were not real last straws and were just people talking. This really was too much, and it was true far beyond F16.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

txags92
AG
Zarathustra said:

techno-ag said:

txags92 said:

techno-ag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Ok tell me the last brand to get hammered the way BL has in this episode. No brand has been hit this hard before by something so seemingly small in scope.
American Hardwood
AG
techno-ag said:

Zarathustra said:

techno-ag said:

txags92 said:

techno-ag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yeah those obviously were not real last straws and were just people talking. This really was too much, and it was true far beyond F16.
I think the undercurrent for rejection of all things woke is strong and participants are willing. It doesn't always work in all cases because there has to be something catalytical about a particular brand, product, or company that mestasticizes the boycotting. The potential is always there and it can obviously have a great impact as we have seen, but conditions are not always going to be right every time.
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.