Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,298 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flight is a great alternative to Ultra wokeness aside.
HarryJ33tamu
txags92 said:

Opalka said:

So conservatives boycott Bud Light, and drive the stock price down. And now DeSantis wants to sue AB because the stock price hurts the shareholders. Wow, this guy wants to be president? Why are all of the republican nominees so unhinged?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-calls-state-investment-manager-002733560.html
When publicly traded companies like AB or Disney make decisions that hurt their shareholders in the service of other agendas, it violates their fiduciary duty to the shareholders and they should be accountable for the losses incurred as a result. That is not an "unhinged" or extremist position. When companies sell shares of stock to become publicly traded, part of the deal is that they now owe a duty to those shareholders to act in the interest of improving the return on investment by maximizing profits. Serving the agenda of ESG and other woke mobs doesn't do that and violates their fiduciary duty.

Opalka getting his head bashed in with nothing but facts. Must be a day that ends in Y
YouBet
AG
ContinentalAg said:

Don't drink a lot of beer so bear with me. During this BL deal, I've noticed that no one seems to be drinking Bud heavy either and my HEB has a tiny Bud heavy section. Is this normal since light beers have taken over?

I haven't seen a Budweiser consumed since 1985 so I'm not sure how it still exists.
ATX_AG_08
AG

JWinTX
Opalka said:

So conservatives boycott Bud Light, and drive the stock price down. And now DeSantis wants to sue AB because the stock price hurts the shareholders. Wow, this guy wants to be president? Why are all of the republican nominees so unhinged?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-calls-state-investment-manager-002733560.html
What university do you teach at? Or what media outlet do you work at?
Squadron7
AG
Opalka said:

Can't we all just celebrate the fact that Cancer has been cured. Even for one damned day????
aggiedata
AG
NSFW

Or really any place. I'm sure BL loves this representation.

ProgN
aggiedata said:

NSFW

Or really any place. I'm sure BL loves this representation.

Stat Monitor Repairman
CheeseSndwch
Looking forward to getting some hard numbers with this morning's earnings call/release.
CDUB98
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Looking forward to getting some hard numbers with this morning's earnings call/release.
CNBC website and also my Schwab brokerage account say that BUD will report earnings on August 3rd.
CheeseSndwch
Yep, you're right. Looks like I had the estimated date calendared.
ProgN
Bud Light maker Anheuser-Busch to lay off hundreds of employees, company says (nbcnews.com)
Quote:

Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, announced it would be laying off some 350 employees, many of them corporate positions, as it seeks to recover from the fallout over a campaign involving a trans influencer.

In a statement reported by multiple outlets, the company said Wednesday that the layoffs would affect less than 2% of its approximately 18,000 employees nationwide.

An Anheuser-Busch spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"Today we took the very difficult but necessary decision to eliminate a number of positions across our corporate organization," said Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth. "While we never take these decisions lightly, we want to ensure that our organization continues to be set for future long-term success."

The layoffs will not include frontline staff such as "brewery and warehouse staff, drivers, and field sales, among others," the company said. The move was designed to "simplify and reduce layers within its organization," it said.
ABATTBQ11
AG
But remember, the sales drop is really no big deal.
Squadron7
AG
But....but....but...

txags92
AG
Squadron7 said:

But....but....but...

That was one of the points where I knew BL was screwed. When your beer becomes a political virtue signal for one political party and way more than 50% of your current customers probably voted for the other party, you are in for a rough ride.
Squadron7
AG
txags92 said:

Squadron7 said:

But....but....but...

That was one of the points where I knew BL was screwed. When your beer becomes a political virtue signal for one political party and way more than 50% of your current customers probably voted for the other party, you are in for a rough ride.

Nobody in that photo drinks beer.

Everyone in that photo has used the bottle more than once.
munch96
AG
I'm surprised they even had the frame of mind to open the beers in the first place.
txags92
AG
Squadron7 said:

txags92 said:

Squadron7 said:

But....but....but...

Nobody in that photo drinks beer.

Everyone in that photo has used the bottle more than once.
And yet they are all democrats holding up the bottle as a political symbol of their virtue. When your goal is to sell beer to everybody on both sides of the aisle, it is never a good thing for your beer to become a symbol for one side.
American Hardwood
AG
It isn't just pandering, it's pandering to a very specific, highly controversial, morally objectional, mentally sick tiny subset that has practically zero market power specifically to associate their product with the political and cultural objectives of that subset and the ideology that encompasses, normalizes, and enables them. All in explicit objection to their massive actual consumer base.

Just simply calling it pandering is a whitewash of what it really is. This is just as egregious a position as those that say, "it's just a can".
Stat Monitor Repairman
Squadron7 said:

But....but....but...

Photo reminds me of when Democrat leaders marched through Chinatown in February 2020 encouraging people to go out and spread covid.
Squadron7
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Squadron7 said:

But....but....but...

Photo reminds me of when Democrat leaders marched through Chinatown in February 2020 encouraging people to go out and spread covid.

Member Hug A Chinese Day?

I 'member.
agent-maroon
AG
munch96 said:

I'm surprised they even had the frame of mind to open the beers in the first place.
They didn't. Someone else did and handed it to them after posing them and checking to make sure the lighting was just right.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
https://instagr.am/p/CuztF8VPPL0
deddog
AG
ProgN said:

Bud Light maker Anheuser-Busch to lay off hundreds of employees, company says (nbcnews.com)
Quote:

Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, announced it would be laying off some 350 employees, many of them corporate positions, as it seeks to recover from the fallout over a campaign involving a trans influencer.

In a statement reported by multiple outlets, the company said Wednesday that the layoffs would affect less than 2% of its approximately 18,000 employees nationwide.

An Anheuser-Busch spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"Today we took the very difficult but necessary decision to eliminate a number of positions across our corporate organization," said Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth. "While we never take these decisions lightly, we want to ensure that our organization continues to be set for future long-term success."

The layoffs will not include frontline staff such as "brewery and warehouse staff, drivers, and field sales, among others," the company said. The move was designed to "simplify and reduce layers within its organization," it said.

Trying to make the books look better?
powerbelly
AG
deddog said:

ProgN said:

Quote:

It isn't going to fix bad sales numbers.
Prosperdick
AG
powerbelly said:

deddog said:

ProgN said:

Quote:

It isn't going to fix bad sales numbers.

Exactly, it does nothing to help their revenue but they can show a bottom line improvement after they try to hand waive their cratering sales figures. It won't work. They are done as a brand.

ETA - just read Kyle Field is not renewing with AB and going with Miller/Coors! I wonder how many other venues are doing the same with their contract renewals. Blood bath.
BQ_90
AG
Bjork said today that AB is out coors miller new beer of Aggie athletics
Prosperdick
AG
BQ_90 said:

Bjork said today that AB is out coors miller new beer of Aggie athletics

Just beat me to it. Someone should track all the other venues, but not those that are switching, that would be too difficult. Just track the ones that are sticking with AB once the contract is up for renewal. I bet there are very few.

Just another revenue stream severed. They are done.
nortex97
AG
Awesome. More to follow.
lb3
AG
Sports venues are the last place I would want to be seen drinking a Bud Light. This isn't a conservative boycott against Bud Light, this is a brand that became toxic overnight within bro-culture. This is basically like in July of '79 when disco suddenly became toxic. The cultural underpinnings of each are similar.
Prosperdick
AG
lb3 said:

Sports venues are the last place I would want to be seen drinking a Bud Light. This isn't a conservative boycott against Bud Light, this is a brand that became toxic overnight within bro-culture. This is basically like in July of '79 when disco suddenly became toxic. The cultural underpinnings of each are similar.
That's a really good comparison and heck, one of the venues had a bring your disco records (mostly BeeGee's) to the park and they put them all in a big pile and blew them up. Disco never recovered and neither will Bud Light.
Im Gipper
So was this the worst marketing decision in history?

I'm Gipper
txags92
AG
Im Gipper said:

So was this the worst marketing decision in history?
I can't think of any that are even in the same ballpark as far as what they cost their parent company.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The BeeGees said Saturday Night Fever was the worst thing to ever happen to them because no one would see them as anything but disco after that.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.