Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,555 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
duck79 said:

nortex97 said:

Anecdotal update: talked to a (DFW) bartender today (small local sports/dive bar) who gave some humorous perspectives;

• Ben E Keith (InBev beer distributor in DFW) rep said BL sales are off around 75% around town.
  • They had about 6 cases of bud light they couldn't move for around 2 months in the back (bar only has around 8 taps).
  • Now selling way more miller light draft than BL, was about equal.
  • Had a fight this week over bud light in the bar/gay politics.
  • When folks do order BL now they order it draft so people don't mock them over the bottle.

I was bemused. This is a pretty well run dive bar that basically won't let politics be discussed/fought over, around Frisco.

I'm in the business and was with the BEK Dallas GM on a visit 3 weeks ago. They aren't down 75%. They are down substantially but it's nowhere near 75% and obviously some areas are showing it more than others.

What is interesting is that the San Antonio wholesaler(Silver Eagle) says that they have not been affected much which blew my mind. The Dallas and SA base customer is quite different and that feedback was interesting.

Lower political awareness with the SA demographic?

I'd like to think that the overall makeup of the greater DFW area makes the trend more observable. It might be there in the SA area but not visible in the macro data. Would need to drill down.

Ultimately it's a subset of their market/consumers that are gone.

Now we see just how impactful that consumer group is.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

What is interesting is that the San Antonio wholesaler(Silver Eagle) says that they have not been affected much which blew my mind.
Were you familiar with the San Antonio wholesaler BudCo before they sold to Silver Eagle in 2007?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
duck79
AG
No. I was on the wholesaler side while the sale was going on but am on the supplier side now and deal with both the Silver Eagle sides(Houston and SA).
agent-maroon
AG
PM sent
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nortex97
AG
Your report is probably more accurate than the anecdotal barkeep report I got. It will be interesting to see if InBev changes AB leadership further shortly.
duck79
AG
It will be very interesting. Most people are just mentioning the consumer pushback but it is deeper. In DFW there is a group of store owners and in their beliefs, people have been killed for living a different lifestyle. Those stores owners were discussing boycotts as well.
StandUpforAmerica
duck79 said:

What is interesting is that the San Antonio wholesaler(Silver Eagle) says that they have not been affected much which blew my mind. The Dallas and SA base customer is quite different and that feedback was interesting.
This makes sense.... the ONLY people I have seen buy it at a grocery/convenience store since this started has been hispanics....and I'm guessing a good chunk were illegals (work crews that spoke no English).
Stat Monitor Repairman
duck79 said:

No. I was on the wholesaler side while the sale was going on but am on the supplier side now and deal with both the Silver Eagle sides(Houston and SA).
I'm surprised the distributors haven't banded together and sued the company. All those distributors and their employees were probably heavily invested in AB stock.

Maybe the wokesters got everybody by the balls some way that we don't even know.

Maybe the big funds own a majority of the shares and it would be futile.

In any event, it's wild that a 'safe bet' company can lose tens of billions of dollars via an intentional act and the investors are like, 'oh well, things will eventually get better, we'll wait and see'

AB shareholders need their very own Gordon Geko.
Aston04
AG
Another data point: at concession stand at universal studios.. had Modelo, Coors, miller, Heineken, etc.. no bud or bud light
Logos Stick
That's a very interesting point. Why haven't the distributors sued them?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

duck79 said:

This makes sense.... the ONLY people I have seen buy it at a grocery/convenience store since this started has been hispanics....and I'm guessing a good chunk were illegals (work crews that spoke no English).
The only one BL I've seen bought since this started was saturday afternoon at a valero, hispanic dude with kid in tow picked up a tall boy out of the ice cooler up by the register.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Willie Nelson's July 4th picnic at Q2 stadium had a number of BL drinkers walking around; most I've seen since March.

Still, it was not nearly the number you'd expect at an event of that size.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
bonfarr
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

duck79 said:

That has been passed down to me by my AB distributors as well, the only accounts that are not down significantly in BL are in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods or stores that receive heavy traffic of construction or lawn crews that aren't US residents.Those guys don't follow Twitter or current events.
BassCowboy33
bonfarr said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

duck79 said:

That has been passed down to me by my AB distributors as well, the only accounts that are not down significantly in BL are in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods or stores that receive heavy traffic of construction or lawn crews that aren't US residents.Those guys don't follow Twitter or current events.
To be fair, fewer than 1/4 of Americans are on Twitter.
Prosperdick
AG
bonfarr said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

duck79 said:

Makes you wonder how long before bilingual foremen on those job sites give them crap and they stop buying it too.
American Hardwood
AG
Down here in South Texas the boycott is not as apparent as it seems to be based on posted anecdotal accounts. I do believe it is attributable to some percentage of the Hispanic population not paying much attention to social media or political news in sufficient amount to really get caught up in the boycott.
nortex97
AG
Went to another watering hole (The frisco Bar) today and...for the first time I can recall they didn't even have BL on draft. Mid-level sports bar, have around 8 beers on draft, pushing some sort of 'manhattan project' blonde beer that is to benefit Allen mall shooting victims supposedly. Had mich ultra on tap, and the regular other stuff.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Curious about typical terms endorsements and 'official sponsorships' ? Are we likely to see BL get dropped at schools / events around the country?

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
techno-ag
AG
Those will become collectors items like other bygone brands.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Squadron7
AG
Alyssa Heinerschied.

Remember the name.
DrEvazanPhD
American Hardwood said:

Down here in South Texas the boycott is not as apparent as it seems to be based on posted anecdotal accounts. I do believe it is attributable to some percentage of the Hispanic population not paying much attention to social media or political news in sufficient amount to really get caught up in the boycott.

Mexicans love them some bud light and cowboys football
Ag with kids
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

American Hardwood said:

Mexicans love them some bud light and cowboys football
The gay jokes just write themselves...

Sad Cowboys fan here...
will25u
Nm
Texasaggie32
Given it's practically free with the recent rebates could see some of the poorer demographics, especially those that aren't up to date on all the current news, to see the rebate sign and get it as it's practically free.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Texasaggie32 said:

Given it's practically free with the recent rebates could see some of the poorer demographics, especially those that aren't up to date on all the current news, to see the rebate sign and get it as it's practically free.

That demographic isn't generally the couponing and sounds discussion decision making types
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

The company plans to triple its investments this year, including increased spending on sports, primetime and cable television advertisements. It remains uncertain whether these efforts will be sufficient to rectify the situation and rebuild the brand's reputation.
So they went ahead and decided to throw good money after bad,
ShaggySLC
Them hiding behind their partners and employees and trying to make consumers feel bad makes it worse them imo.
It's trying to hammer home they think their consumers should care about all that and not drinking their beer. Their job is to make beer for people to drink and not tell us how to think. Which they're still trying to do. **** them and the workers they hurt.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Just drink your beer and shut up
e=mc2
AG
Guilt-tripping people for sales? **** them.

ETA: Maybe they should have thought about their employees before making the biggest marketing mistake in history.
ShaggySLC
G. hirsutum Ag said:

Just drink your beer and shut up
Cheers brother

XXXVII
American Hardwood said:

Who here speaks Spanish? It's time we start telling them.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Prosperdick
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The company plans to triple its investments this year, including increased spending on sports, primetime and cable television advertisements. It remains uncertain whether these efforts will be sufficient to rectify the situation and rebuild the brand's reputation.
So they went ahead and decided to throw good money after bad,

Have they not hired a crisis PR manager who told them this is essential lighting their money on fire?

Oh wait, let me guess, the crisis PR manager also attended an Ivy League school and worships at the altar of woke.

Carry on, Bud Light…purchase more ads!!!
The Brazos Kid
XXXVII said:

American Hardwood said:

Who here speaks Spanish? It's time we start telling them.
El Bud Light es no bueno.
TRM
AG
Hola, primo. No tomas Bud Light. Es para los jotitos.
**show Mulvaney pictures**
Stonegateag85
I'm dying to get a comment from her. I'm sure we will here how she has been hiding her family out of fear etc.
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.