Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,639 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Announced today bud light is no longer in the top ten of beers sold nation wide.
agent-maroon
AG
Pluralizes Everythings said:

Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.

Every time I revisit this thread I get a good laugh out of this comment. It aged like milk in a hot car.

Right? It's still so hard to believe that the dem photo-ops didn't save AB.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
45-70Ag said:

Announced today bud light is no longer in the top ten of beers sold nation wide.
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-no-longer-ranks-among-americas-top-10-beers.amp
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Hondo.
techno-ag said:

45-70Ag said:

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-no-longer-ranks-among-americas-top-10-beers.amp

Dang
From the link: The manager of a beverage warehouse in Pennsylvania said a 30-pack of Miller Lite was selling for $24.99 in the days before July 4th, while a 30-pack of Bud Light was priced at $8.99 after a rebate, making it cheaper than some cases of water the warehouse had for sale.

"cheaper than some cases of water".. you know, the stuff that comes out of YOUR FAUCET
Love Gun
I love watching this unfold. This is America waking up and delivering a message to the government, corporate kiss asses, and the woke and alphabet mobs that we ain't to be trifled with.

You saw how quick that pride month crap got memory holed in the media last month. As soon as Bud Light, Target and Kohlls all had monumental losses in revenue, and Brandon's dumbass threw a gay party on the White House lawn, complete with a large rainbow flag hanging from The People's House, Americans started getting pissed the **** off. That's when the government forced the media and the socials to change the news cycle.

Now that the Dems got caught colluding with the media, the cycle starts the removal of Biden from office. This is all planned. I fully believe we'll see another George Floyd or mass shooting with another "white supremacist" or "nazi" to dangle in front of everyone again soon. Now that those same gays and weirdos have become useful idiots to the democrats, they get put back on the shelf to play with at another time they need to stir up division.

**** Joe Biden
Prosperdick
AG
The Life of Brian said:

techno-ag said:

45-70Ag said:

Dang
From the link: The manager of a beverage warehouse in Pennsylvania said a 30-pack of Miller Lite was selling for $24.99 in the days before July 4th, while a 30-pack of Bud Light was priced at $8.99 after a rebate, making it cheaper than some cases of water the warehouse had for sale.

"cheaper than some cases of water".. you know, the stuff that comes out of YOUR FAUCET

It's why I've said from practically day 1 that the numbers they were initially reporting were FOS. Yes, they could do some creative accounting with distributors and pre-booked venues but eventually it would catch up to them.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Went to the local B/CS Total Wine for the first time earlier tonight. Not sure why I've stuck to Spec's across the street on Harvey until now because apparently Total Wine is awesome and cheapest prices there are but I digress.

Got a six pack of Yeungling tall boys for $8.99. Directly next to it was Budweiser talls for $7.99. As mentioned earlier in the thread Bud heavy was my go to by default bc of my beloved Grandfather. Not Bud anything still won.
Old Sarge
AG

All Bud Right rables face the right way. No government official supports a political agenda concerning a commercial product here. Nope. Eric Swalwell is jealous.
"Green" is the new RED.
Get Off My Lawn
"(Bud) Light in the loafers"
agent-maroon
AG
And even though it's weird to be typing this, schiff appears to be the only one that's ever held a beer bottle before. Wonder if the others pictured have ever drank a beer of any kind much less a BL
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
45-70Ag
AG
Whenever I drink a beer I always make sure the label faces out.
YouBet
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Lady wrote this article pointing out the similarities between Goya Foods and bud light.

Goya got boycotted when the owner came out in support of Donald Trump.

But in that case it wasn't a boycott ... it was a buy-cott in that Goya's sales jumped because Trump supporters went out and bought a bunch of Goya products and they gained new customers.

So look for bud light to try and engineer a buy-cott by re-gaining sympathy. Buy bud light to endorse that symphetic cause.

A baby falls down a well wearing an bud light onesie.

Dale Earnhardt might un-retire and dirive a Bud light 03 car at Talladega.

Who knows the level that these people would stoop to now that billions of dollars and their livelihood are on the line.

So look for bud light to engineer a sypathetic buy-cott as a last ditch effort before killing off the brand.

They owe it to the shareholders to come up with one more last ditch effort.

My wife shared with me that some of the left leaning influencer people on her social feeds were wearing Bud Light attire during the July 4th holiday. People, she said, that don't even drink beer or absolutely do not drink light beer.

I just thought it was funny that Bud Light has almost fully transitioned into the beer of choice for the gay crowd...who actually won't drink it. Maybe their merch sales will go up in that demo though.
BassCowboy33
techno-ag said:

45-70Ag said:

I'm sure someone else has brought it up in the previous pages, but to be clear, the Fox article is based on popularity polling, not actual sales. For example, according to this poll from last year, Bud Light was the 9th most popular beer and the #1 seller in 2022.
Quote:

Bud Light dropped from the ninth most popular beer last year to its current spot at 14, according to a new YouGov survey.

Just FYI.
Chef Elko
AG
Short dude really knows how to hold a beer
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Seems like based on sales it's #4 now but I'm too lazy to google it
Urban Ag
AG
We were in College Station Sunday and Monday and again on Wednesday for several tours/meetings for our oldest. We took the kids to the Chicken for dinner. I worked there and at a couple of other places Ganther owned in the 90's. Was shootin the bull with the kid bartending and he told BL is essentially dead and the other AB products pretty much the same. Was at a huge BBQ and fireworks show in Richmond on the 4th and I don't recall seeing anyone with a BL or Bud.

I think 4th of July was the litmus test. This brand is dead.
YouBet
AG
I hope this is old.

Old May Banker
AG
BL has been a very big sponsor of Aggie Athletics... I have zero issue with us taking their money. That benefits us... not them.
Love Gun
Urban Ag said:

We were in College Station Sunday and Monday and again on Wednesday for several tours/meetings for our oldest. We took the kids to the Chicken for dinner. I worked there and at a couple of other places Ganther owned in the 90's. Was shootin the bull with the kid bartending and he told BL is essentially dead and the other AB products pretty much the same. Was at a huge BBQ and fireworks show in Richmond on the 4th and I don't recall seeing anyone with a BL or Bud.

Yep. I live up north and loved drinking Busch Light because it's refreshing on a hot day and pretty cheap. No more. I've switched to Miller Lite since then and won't look back until AB is dead and gone.
**** Joe Biden
rednecked
AG
Anecdotally AB is in trouble in Central America too. We just returned from a week in Costa Rica. My girlfriend doesn't like the Costa Rican brands and we always pick her up some Bud Light. This week the little grocery store where we pick up provisions for the week only had 4 bl singles sitting in the refrigerated section. They normally kept several cases. They did have a large display featuring Miller Lite, so I guess that will be their American replacement brand. Checked several bars that used to carry it and no one had any. I got her drinking my preferred beer when down there, Bavaria light.
Bondag
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Crwiq2qxMct
Urban Ag
AG
Love Gun said:

Urban Ag said:

Yep. I live up north and loved drinking Busch Light because it's refreshing on a hot day and pretty cheap. No more. I've switched to Miller Lite since then and won't look back until AB is dead and gone.
I think I posted this already on this thread but my ranch foreman has been a Busch Light guy for probably 30 years or basically however long it's been around. He's in his early 60's and still drinks beer everyday. He's got his fridge in our shop and it's been a long going humorous thing that he literally keeps about 10 cases at a time his fridge because he's terrified of some supply chain disruption. Surprisingly, he's not in bad shape. I make him get a physical every year and he's pretty solid.

Anyway, this whole BL/AB fiasco has actually been really hard on him. Busch Light was how he wound out his day everyday out in the Texas sun. It was his lifestyle. The man just loves his beer. But he won't buy it anymore and we've really, honestly, struggled to find him a replacement. I have had to tell my buddies to stop giving him sh** about it. It's funny but at the same time kind of sad.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Yeungling
carl spacklers hat
agent-maroon said:

And even though it's weird to be typing this, schiff appears to be the only one that's ever held a beer bottle before. Wonder if the others pictured have ever drank a beer of any kind much less a BL
Tsingtao
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
nortex97
AG
Anecdotal update: talked to a (DFW) bartender today (small local sports/dive bar) who gave some humorous perspectives;

• Ben E Keith (InBev beer distributor in DFW) rep said BL sales are off around 75% around town.
  • They had about 6 cases of bud light they couldn't move for around 2 months in the back (bar only has around 8 taps).
  • Now selling way more miller light draft than BL, was about equal.
  • Had a fight this week over bud light in the bar/gay politics.
  • When folks do order BL now they order it draft so people don't mock them over the bottle.

I was bemused. This is a pretty well run dive bar that basically won't let politics be discussed/fought over, around Frisco.
Urban Ag
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Yeungling
Been a fan of it for years. Don't drink much beer anymore but I have bought some Flight recently. Good stuff.

I tried. I bought him some. It sat in his fridge for weeks so I have it to some clients.
Prosperdick
AG
nortex97 said:

Anecdotal update: talked to a (DFW) bartender today (small local sports/dive bar) who gave some humorous perspectives;

• Ben E Keith (InBev beer distributor in DFW) rep said BL sales are off around 75% around town.
  • They had about 6 cases of bud light they couldn't move for around 2 months in the back (bar only has around 8 taps).
  • Now selling way more miller light draft than BL, was about equal.
  • Had a fight this week over bud light in the bar/gay politics.
  • When folks do order BL now they order it draft so people don't mock them over the bottle.

I was bemused. This is a pretty well run dive bar that basically won't let politics be discussed/fought over, around Frisco.
Now that seems pretty realistic...hope it continues.
Hungry Ojos
There's nothing more annoying than a pretentious beer snob, and I am certainly not one of them. I guess I don't have a sophisticated palate for beer like a lot of the dorks here in Austin apparently do, and I cannot stand IPAs. I like most normal light beer and most Mexican beers. But with all of that being said, I cannot believe that Bud effing Light was the top selling beer in the country. It tastes terrible, even to someone like me that isn't too particular about his beer. Really America? With EVERYTHING out there, your favorite is Bud Light? Kinda reminds me how when they do the country wide polls of best Mexican food, Taco Bell is always at the top. People are stupid.
beanbean
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Yeungling
This BL fiasco coming on the heels of westward expansion could not have worked out better for Yeungling. Its awesome because I became a big fan of Yeungling after I had to work out in West Virginia for 2 months back in 2021.
beanbean
Old Sarge said:

All Bud Right rables face the right way. No government official supports a political agenda concerning a commercial product here. Nope. Eric Swalwell is jealous.
This is the most pathetic picture ever, well maybe the Pelosi, Shumer, and others kneeling with African scarves around their necks was worse. Anyway, I wonder how many pics were taken of this shot to get the labels turned exactly right and fingers out of the way from blocking the view before some page came up to take the bottles away and dump the beer down the sink.
captkirk
AG
YouBet
AG
Old Sarge said:

[scans picture]

I see what you did there.
Prosperdick
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

There's nothing more annoying than a pretentious beer snob, and I am certainly not one of them. I guess I don't have a sophisticated palate for beer like a lot of the dorks here in Austin apparently do, and I cannot stand IPAs. I like most normal light beer and most Mexican beers. But with all of that being said, I cannot believe that Bud effing Light was the top selling beer in the country. It tastes terrible, even to someone like me that isn't too particular about his beer. Really America? With EVERYTHING out there, your favorite is Bud Light? Kinda reminds me how when they do the country wide polls of best Mexican food, Taco Bell is always at the top. People are stupid.
They had BY FAR the best marketing campaign going all the way back to Spuds McKenzie in the 80's. That's a LONG time to build your brand and gain loyalty amongst a LOT of folks of all ages.

It's what makes their spectacular flameout so ironic...the product (and I'm not limiting this to just beer) with the best and most innovative marketing campaigns over the last 40+ years just decided to self immolate. It would be tragic if it weren't so galactically stupid...and woke.
Tabasco
AG
Just texted to ask a good friend who has a well-known bar/restaurant franchise (probably about 15). He said their stores have shifted away from Bud 50-60% due to boycotting.
one safe place
Prosperdick said:

Hungry Ojos said:

They had BY FAR the best marketing campaign going all the way back to Spuds McKenzie in the 80's. That's a LONG time to build your brand and gain loyalty amongst a LOT of folks of all ages.

It's what makes their spectacular flameout so ironic...the product (and I'm not limiting this to just beer) with the best and most innovative marketing campaigns over the last 40+ years just decided to self immolate. It would be tragic if it weren't so galactically stupid...and woke.
BL and others should never turn any serious decision making over to kids with little real world experience.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.