Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,211 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DTP02 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

You are looking a the cheapest and most effective economic weapon of all time.

The cost to produce a single beer can caused $20 billion in economic damages so far.
China Virus says hold my syringe.
You right, covid wins out in all categories. Most effective bioweapon, economic, and psychological weapon of all time. Incalculable amount of damages caused by how ever much grant money NIH gave to produce.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

CDUB98 said:

He is trans. Nothing woman about him though.
If nothing else, his inability to commit tells us he's still a man, amirite?

I'll see my way out.
Agreed
DatTallArchitect
AG
American Hardwood said:

DatTallArchitect said:

agent-maroon said:

I thought he was supposedly trans. The BL can with his picture on it was meant to celebrate his living one full year as a girl, no?
How is he trans? From what I've heard he just dresses up as a girl. He still has is twig and berries. What separates him from a cross dresser/drag queen? Genuinely curious. He definitely makes enough money off of this shtick to get surgery if he truly wanted to try and become a woman
What don't you understand? In Clown World, all you have to do is say what you are. Empirical evidence to the contrary does not trump 'My Truth!!!'.
Oh, I know. I was just hoping someone from the left could give an answer as to why they are calling him trans instead of calling him out for using their community for his financial gain
carl spacklers hat
AggieDruggist89 said:

Not sure I see her as the Brer Rabbit.

I believe she truly believes her own Bull ***** And her circle of lunatics also truly believe it was a profoundly successful campaign to include LGBTQ to improve the financial performance of AB.

I'm actually quite intrigued, regardless if she's working/not working and paid or not, what does this financial failure of AB do to the psyche of this girl? Is she humble enough to learn that her ideals were shortsighted and far off the realities of the real America or now is she more bitter that the rest of the society outside of her circle is nothing more than bigoted fratty outdated lesser humans?
IF there is any regret in the former marketing genius, it is that she was caught on camera saying the things she did about BL's previous core demographic. She has ZERO regret for the actual marketing campaign. She lives in an $8 MM NYC pad - I'm guessing she DGAF about the AB salary.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
DatTallArchitect
AG
C@LAg said:

glorified drag queen.
Exactly
ProgN
Aggie_95
AG
My anecdotal discussions on Bud Light volumes in my area:

Restaurant/Bar #1 (2 weeks ago) - Sport Bar that I frequent 4-5 times a month. Asked the owner and he said that there hasn't really been a noticible drop in Bud Light consumption.

Restaurant /Bar #2 (today) - BBQ/Casual Menu place that has a nice outdoor patio and has local musicians play on weekends. The owner stated that he previously sold 2-3 cases of Bud Light (not on draft) per week and now sells 2-3 bottles per week (90%+ dropoff). He stated that MU used to be his #1 beer on draft but now it is #6 or #7 (this place has 8 draft handles). He plans on replacing it with a local brew when the keg is empty.

He also owns a spin-off restaurant/bar in the same building that has 48 beers on tap and said it was pretty much the same, but he has much more on tap so the InBev items will stay there. This started based on a conversation about Coke vs Pepsi as he has Coke at the one place and Pepsi at the other. He said Pepsi is easier to work with and that the same can be said for his beer distributors, with non InBev distributors being historically more responsive than the InBev distributor. He is basically happy that he gets to do more business with the non-InBev distributor.

His InBev distributor told him that usually the grocery stores have an "automatic" 2 pallet order delivered weekly and they add some extra based on existing inventory if needed. The big grocery chains have started to not accept the "automatic" orders because they have no where to put them as the product is not moving.

I do not understand how Restaurant/Bar #1 is not impacted similiarly as these two are literally across the parking lot from each other. Maybe owner #1 was just tired of talking about it.

MarathonAg12
A location of where bar #1 is would be helpful.

Aggie_95
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Murphy, TX
powerbelly
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Oak Lawn in Dallas
MarathonAg12
C@LAg
MarathonAg12 said:

Collin County?

This is LDP's fault, amirite?
aggielostinETX
AG
C@LAg said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Collin County?

This is LDP's fault, amirite?

Women and immigrants
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Aggie_95
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Both #1 and #2 are in same town and literally across the parking lot from each other. The drastic difference between the anecdotal evidence seems highly unlikely. I can only think that owner #1 is tired of discussing or does not agree with the "boycott".

And yes, unfortunately Collin County is now purple.........
MarathonAg12
I wish this country was all male

aggielostinETX
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Don't you mean you wish only males could vote….

AggieKatie2 said:
Ag with kids
AG
aggielostinETX said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Remember what month it is...
DatTallArchitect
AG
aggielostinETX said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Probably not. He drinks bud light....
MarathonAg12
DatTallArchitect said:

aggielostinETX said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Just killed a case of bud light I bought from Target while streaming Disney+ and purchasing 2024 Disney World Gay Day tickets
American Hardwood
AG
Quote:

I do not understand how Restaurant/Bar #1 is not impacted similiarly as these two are literally across the parking lot from each other. Maybe owner #1 was just tired of talking about it.
Gay bar, duh.
Kenneth_2003
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

DatTallArchitect said:

aggielostinETX said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Just killed a case of bud light I bought from Target while streaming Disney+ and purchasing 2024 Disney World Gay Day tickets

Congrats?
Troll...
MarathonAg12
Jammin out to Garth Brooks and the Dixie Chicks now
The Fife
What, no Shania Twain?
MarathonAg12
The Queen. I can't get enough of her.
The Fife
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!
ArbAg
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

DatTallArchitect said:

aggielostinETX said:

MarathonAg12 said:

You're a lightweight! Why don't you double down and be all you can be? Donate all your money to illegal aliens and climate change, move to San Francisco, live in homelessness, sell any guns, become a heroine addict, be employed as a paid protester and help Newsome rig elections?
Jack Ruby
Does anyone remember getting "iced" from college? Someone would hide a smirnoff ice somewhere (i.e. under a towel on a bench at the pool), and if you found it you got iced and had to drink it as quickly as possible. I wonder if this will happen to cans of BL.
The Fife
It was after my time, but still fun to do to people when you're closer to 30.
Sea Speed
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Does anyone remember getting "iced" from college? Someone would hide a smirnoff ice somewhere (i.e. under a towel on a bench at the pool), and if you found it you got iced and had to drink it as quickly as possible. I wonder if this will happen to cans of BL.

We iced the same guy like 10x one night. College was a blast.
Uncle Howdy
S
Jack Ruby said:

Went to a going away party for a friend of mine about 10 years ago, and he got iced with a 6 pack. He chugged until he puked, and then he continued chugging
Jack Ruby
20 something year old dudes are dumbasses. But we have the most fun at the same time.
aggielostinETX
AG
Jack Ruby said:

20 something year old dudes are dumbasses. But we have the most fun at the same time.

My now wife still tells the story of a Sunday afternoon she came home work and the roommate and I were halfway through a case of Zimas with Jolly Ranchers in them.

Her exact words. " Yall are idiots"

AggieKatie2 said:
Tailgate88
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Man this is SO true. I'm amazed I lived through my 20's with some of the jackassery we got away with.
American Hardwood
AG
This is why beta males suck ass. They don't do the fun stuff!
YouBet
AG
Prosperdick said:

ContinentalAg said:

I wouldn't be surprised if retail numbers were down closer to 50%, but their monopoly at some sports and concert events probably get them closer to 20% down overall. I just see so little movement at grocery and convenience stores around me.
I'd love to know the breakdown between retailers (grocery/liquor/convenience stores) and sports and concert events.

I've got to think the former heavily outweighs the latter but I suppose if they're still selling a ton of it at MLB parks all over the country MAYBE that could keep the number from getting too high but I've got to think LOTS of middle America types frequent MLB (and minor league) parks so they would avoid it there just as easily as they've been avoiding it in retail.

Now if AB has exclusive deals with some parks that could help them but even in that situation they likely would just go for MU or another AB product instead of BL (even if they knew it was still helping AB but they just needed a beer that badly).
A quick scan of their 2022 10k does not reveal this breakdown unless it's buried in the notes somewhere.

Of note:
  • North America growth was down 4.4% from 2021 to 2022 so they were already declining here. 2023 over 2022 is going to be fascinating to see. I'm guessing their Finance department already has the vapors thinking ahead to this.
  • Their 10k is highly geared towards ESG - it defines who they are.
  • I wanted to point out two other products they own that I've never heard of but apparently are very popular for everyone to add to their list: Cutwater, the #1 spirits-based cocktail in the country, and NTRL, the industry's #2 vodka seltzer.

I'm guessing these items are B2B wholesale products that end customers do not have much control over but wanted to bring awareness.
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.