Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,238 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgsMnn said:

I will leave this here.

carl spacklers hat
jja79 said:

He said their core was fratty types. Never drank BL so what do I know?
I was going to throw in the Hispanic construction worker but shade tree mechanic works, too. You get the gist, though - this paid promotional partnership with Mulvaney has alienated and turned off the former core consumer of BL. The "fratty" comment was a nod to the idiot marketing veep who's wrecked an entire brand and doubled down with her publicized interview.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
dreyOO
Am I the only one hoping these genius marketing execs relocate to other woke companies that need a little help destroying themselves? Those that have flirted with jumping off the ledge but just need a little push?
FTAG 2000
AG
dreyOO said:

Am I the only one hoping these genius marketing execs relocate to other woke companies that need a little help destroying themselves? Those that have flirted with jumping off the ledge but just need a little push?

I have a list if she is looking for new career opportunities.
C@LAg
dreyOO said:

it only goes so far.

eventually even the outraged will get tired of being outraged.

Get Off My Lawn
FTAG 2000 said:

dreyOO said:

I have a list if she is looking for new career opportunities.
Pretty sure she's being kept on BL payroll and promised lots of $ to be the silent scapegoat.
nortex97
AG

You hate to see it, but more than that…
Enviroag02
AG
I've been looking for nationwide July 4th, 2022 beer sales figures by brand but can't find them. Would be cool to compare to 2023.
CDUB98
AG
nortex97 said:

You hate to see it, but more than that…
You love to see it.
LarryElder
Anyone see the new commercial with the Chicken fried song? Time to go back to appealing to straight white people
CDUB98
AG
LarryElder said:

Anyone see the new commercial with the Chicken fried song? Time to go back to appealing to straight white people
That's actually a few weeks old now and was an immediate channel change.
deddog
AG
CDUB98 said:

LarryElder said:

That's actually a few weeks old now and was an immediate channel change.

It was BudLight Ivy League execs saying .."how do we pander to our trashy, fratty, stupid and transphobic redneck customers"

Went about as well as you'd expect
Jack Ruby
LarryElder said:

I've seen the folds of honor campaign the last few days. It's just insulting at this point and I hope CEOs take notice in the broader culture wars. What is it so difficult about making your product cheaper and better than your competitors?
Get Off My Lawn
Remember - their "free beer" initiative over Memorial Day weekend may be deceptive. It had several purposes:

1. Move units to avoid recall expenses
2. Get boycotters to break the seal on their "not buying BL" behavior
3. Demoralize the boycott by showing "sales" numbers that don't reflect the rebates.
4. Introduce a stigma-breaking excuse for those seen drinking BL in public to try the brand collapse.

I expect the "DOWN 60%!!!" reporting is way overblown, but the best we can do is keep the pressure up.
TX_COWDOC
AG
This thread brings me so much joy!!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
VaultingChemist
AG
Recent picture from local United grocery store.

agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

I expect the "DOWN 60%!!!" reporting is way overblown, but the best we can do is keep the pressure up.
"Overblown" as in their sales being down more or less than 60%? Not saying you're wrong, just seeking a clarification.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDUB98
AG
Was the 60% drop retail or B2B?
Get Off My Lawn
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

"Overblown" as in their sales being down more or less than 60%? Not saying you're wrong, just seeking a clarification.
When most of the numbers being reported are approaching 30% down yoy, the 60% outlier leaves me skeptical. I'd love for it to be true - I'm just reserving my hope until i hear similar numbers from multiple sources.

I'd expect to see a LOT of smoke from distributors if the fire was "end of the beer" bad (suing IB, layoffs, jumping ship to competitors, repainting trucks, ordering new uniforms, etc) rather than just "won't ever recover" bad.
ContinentalAg
I wouldn't be surprised if retail numbers were down closer to 50%, but their monopoly at some sports and concert events probably get them closer to 20% down overall. I just see so little movement at grocery and convenience stores around me.
Prosperdick
AG
ContinentalAg said:

I wouldn't be surprised if retail numbers were down closer to 50%, but their monopoly at some sports and concert events probably get them closer to 20% down overall. I just see so little movement at grocery and convenience stores around me.
I'd love to know the breakdown between retailers (grocery/liquor/convenience stores) and sports and concert events.

I've got to think the former heavily outweighs the latter but I suppose if they're still selling a ton of it at MLB parks all over the country MAYBE that could keep the number from getting too high but I've got to think LOTS of middle America types frequent MLB (and minor league) parks so they would avoid it there just as easily as they've been avoiding it in retail.

Now if AB has exclusive deals with some parks that could help them but even in that situation they likely would just go for MU or another AB product instead of BL (even if they knew it was still helping AB but they just needed a beer that badly).
aggiedata
AG
Here is their dilemma. They have beer going bad on the shelfs. They need to replace that beer with the same amount of beer or give up precious shelf space. Then that beer goes bad because it's not moving and the cycle repeats. They can't get out of this vicious circle.

If you ever drank expired beer, you can definitely tell. They are in a pickle
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

If you ever drank expired beer, you can definitely tell.
I think I've actually grown used to this, sadly. When I get a ****load of free Karbach thrown my way, it takes a while to go through it.

I just "meh," and move on unless it is totally skunked beyond repair.
Get Off My Lawn
aggiedata said:

Here is their dilemma. They have beer going bad on the shelfs. They need to replace that beer with the same amount of beer or give up precious shelf space. Then that beer goes bad because it's not moving and the cycle repeats. They can't get out of this vicious circle.

Im curious what their internal supply chain looks like. I could see them switching to LIFO model and abandoning some beer to spoil in their warehouses.

A large volume will need to be dumped at some point because the only way to get around the overnight downshift in sales is to drop production BELOW consumption rate to burn through the excess, and that's not something their "let's hope it blows over" strategy coupled with a downward trend would've set them up to do (even if favorable purchasing agreements allow them to deviate that quickly).
fka ftc
Give it to 3rd world countries and the kids can drink it with their 2009 Texas National Champions t-shirt and other similar collectibles.

dreyOO
Outrage only lasts so long. But changing a purchasing decision when many other options exist is EASY. I've reminded my wife recently not to be so outraged. Not worth her aggravation. Just select different stores…swiping a CC never felt better
fka ftc
Download PublicSq. app or similar to help narrow your shopping decisions.

AB would have a hope at redemption if they were owned and operated by Americans. They sold out, then really sold out, and deserve no more money from Americans who are against pedophilia, grooming, and child sexual mutilation.
jja79
AG
VaultingChemist said:

That's a lower price? Beer sells in 30 packs here in Arizona. Coors, Miller, etc have gone up in price from $19 to $21 for 30?
Nagler
AG
jja79 said:

VaultingChemist said:

That's a lower price? Beer sells in 30 packs here in Arizona. Coors, Miller, etc have gone up in price from $19 to $21 for 30?

That's not a good price in Houston. The last case of Miller Lite I bought we right under $20.
Shoefly!
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

This thread brings me so much joy!!

METOO# Ahahaha 1st thread I look for!
one safe place
aggiedata said:

Good point. While I admit to not knowing much about it all, their sales numbers will show a decline, due both to volume decreases and price decreases. It would not surprise me it the reported numbers start to emphasize volume in some way (gallons are barrels "brewed" or delivered to retailers) to turn attention away from the dollar numbers.
VaultingChemist
AG
Quote:

Twelve 16-ounce cans marked down 30%.
bonfarr
AG
$30 packs suck for retailers, the margins on that package are terrible. I hate markets where 30 packs are the rule instead of 12-18-24s.
jja79
AG
As an Az consumer I love them.
CDUB98
AG
jja79 said:

VaultingChemist said:

United consistently has some of the highest, if not the highest prices in their market.
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.