Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,280 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bragg v TDS. Sure you can find the case reference.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
nortex97
AG

LOL.
powerbelly
AG
I don't think this is anything new.
ShaggySLC
powerbelly said:

I don't think this is anything new.
You'd be right, but Bud Light planned to use trans women for these events.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bud light is Enron.

One day you gonna look up and bud light will be as gone as Enron field.

The total economic damages may exceed that of Enron.

Enron was $63 billion.

BP / deepwater horizon was $61 billion.

Opioid settlement $54 billion

You go from the best selling beer in America to having to completely discontinue the brand. How do you put a dollar value on that?
BigRobSA
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Bud light is Enron.

One day you gonna look up and bud light will be as gone as Enron field.

The total economic damages may exceed that of Enron.

Enron was $63 billion.

BP / deepwater horizon was $61 billion.

Opioid settlement $54 billion

You go from the best selling beer in America to having to completely discontinue the brand. How do you put a dollar value on that?

Tree-fitty
Stat Monitor Repairman
When you screw up so bad your parent company sells you.

Reach for a bud light.
nortex97
AG
Sorry if a repeat, but Captiv8, the 'genius' ad agency that came up with the DM campaign, is apparently in serious trouble.

Quote:

Captiv8, based in San Mateo, California, facilitated the beer brand's introduction to Mulvaney, which ultimately led to the ad campaign that has cost Bud Light $27 billionand counting in sales and market value. The ad, which featured Mulvaney sipping from a Bud Light emblazoned with her own image, sparked a nationwide backlash as the beer's blue-collar base of supporters accused it of going "woke" in an appeal for younger, more "inclusive" drinkers.

One source told the Post that there was "a lot of chatter" among employees following the fallout. "Internally, the company was in serious panic mode," the source added.

Founded in 2015 by Krishna Subramanian, Captive8 has been the media mind behind partnerships with high-profile companies like Walmart, American Express, Twitter, and KraftHeinz, according to its website. Subramanian has frequently given his opinion on media campaigns of the day, but ironically his company declined to comment when asked by the Post about internal roilings. Bud Light has also remained tight-lipped about its ongoing fiasco.

In February, Subramanian spoke with the Wall Street Journal about the importance of viral marketing, something that was surely a goal when Captive8 proposed putting Bud Light's brand into Mulvaney's Instagram posts.
LOL, this is the 'third party' agency that InBev blamed the uproar on.
aggiepanic95
AG
nortex97 said:

Sorry if a repeat, but Captiv8, the 'genius' ad agency that came up with the DM campaign, is apparently in serious trouble.

Quote:

Captiv8, based in San Mateo, California, facilitated the beer brand's introduction to Mulvaney, which ultimately led to the ad campaign that has cost Bud Light $27 billionand counting in sales and market value. The ad, which featured Mulvaney sipping from a Bud Light emblazoned with her own image, sparked a nationwide backlash as the beer's blue-collar base of supporters accused it of going "woke" in an appeal for younger, more "inclusive" drinkers.

One source told the Post that there was "a lot of chatter" among employees following the fallout. "Internally, the company was in serious panic mode," the source added.

Founded in 2015 by Krishna Subramanian, Captive8 has been the media mind behind partnerships with high-profile companies like Walmart, American Express, Twitter, and KraftHeinz, according to its website. Subramanian has frequently given his opinion on media campaigns of the day, but ironically his company declined to comment when asked by the Post about internal roilings. Bud Light has also remained tight-lipped about its ongoing fiasco.

In February, Subramanian spoke with the Wall Street Journal about the importance of viral marketing, something that was surely a goal when Captive8 proposed putting Bud Light's brand into Mulvaney's Instagram posts.

Oh..it went viral mother ****ers!!
Pizza
Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.

This comment is aging poorly.
Prosperdick
AG

Reach for a bud light.

Also the trope of "hold my beer" should be permanently changed to "hold my Bud Light."
Tramp96
nortex97 said:

Quote:

Captiv8, based in San Mateo, California, facilitated the beer brand's introduction to Mulvaney, which ultimately led to the ad campaign that has cost Bud Light $27 billionand counting in sales and market value. The ad, which featured Mulvaney sipping from a Bud Light emblazoned with her HIS own image, sparked a nationwide backlash as the beer's blue-collar base of supporters accused it of going "woke" in an appeal for younger, more "inclusive" drinkers.

Fixed it for the sake of truth.

I'm fighting back against this...one pronoun at a time.
carl spacklers hat
aggiepanic95 said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Oh..it went viral mother ****ers!!
Remember, the MFers pushing a tra nny promoting beer are the same MFers who were offended by a syrup bottle and a box of rice.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
rednecked
AG
nortex97 said:

Quote:

Subra...Subra...Subra not gonna work here anymore!
1st Generation Ag
Tramp96 said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Captiv8, based in San Mateo, California, facilitated the beer brand's introduction to Mulvaney, which ultimately led to the ad campaign that has cost Bud Light $27 billionand counting in sales and market value. The ad, which featured Mulvaney sipping from a Bud Light emblazoned with her HIS own image, sparked a nationwide backlash as the beer's blue-collar base of supporters accused it of going "woke" in an appeal for younger, more "inclusive" drinkers.

Fixed it for the sake of truth.

I'm fighting back against this...one pronoun at a time.
That's a lot of pronouns. Don't give in.
techno-ag
AG

Reach for a light.
No no … BUD Light.

/old ad
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

will25u
TommyGun
AG
Those numbers line up with some info I've heard recently from a buddy working at the bud brewery in Houston. He said their batches are half of what they normally brew this time of year and they're actually taking older beer that isn't moving and blending it with new batches to try and avoid having to dump a huge amount of inventory.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

they're actually taking older beer that isn't moving and blending it with new batches to try and avoid having to dump a huge amount of inventory.
That's wild little nug of info right there.

How long before Miller, Coors and Yuengling jump all over them for this.

Just when I think bud light couldn't be any more of a disaster, we find out something like this.
aggiehawg
AG
TommyGun said:

Those numbers line up with some info I've heard recently from a buddy working at the bud brewery in Houston. He said their batches are half of what they normally brew this time of year and they're actually taking older beer that isn't moving and blending it with new batches to try and avoid having to dump a huge amount of inventory.
Isn't that illegal?
Only Fans Director
TommyGun said:

I would never buy beer that has been recycled.

Bud Light doesn't seem to care about the reason for this boycott and loss of customer base.

Just last week they donated $200K to an LGBTQ nonprofit.

At the same time they are still partnering with multiple Pride parade events across the nation throughout the remainder of the year.

Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
TommyGun
AG
aggiehawg said:

TommyGun said:

Isn't that illegal?

This isn't packaged beer being dumped back into the blend. This is beer that has been brewed and held in tanks being rerun into the circulation. Probably something all breweries do but not at such a huge volume.
Stat Monitor Repairman
aggiehawg said:

TommyGun said:

Isn't that illegal?
Between the mountain of TABC, ATF and food safety regulations you'd think somewhere in there it would say something about recycling old beer and selling to an unknowing consumer.

How is this not the same as selling retreaded tires as new?

Also, how is this not a deceptive trade practice under at least one of 50 legal regimes?

But it may be standard practice in the industry, who knows?

In any event it's not a good look, all things considered.
AgsMnn
AG
I will leave this here.
Stat Monitor Repairman
2020 we hoarding toilet paper... 2023 we hoarding light beer.

What a time to be alive!
AgsMnn
AG
I will leave this here.
techno-ag
AG
TommyGun said:

Shades of Schlitz!
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

AggieChemE09
AG
AgsMnn said:

I will leave this here.

don't leave it there, buy it and take it home
carl spacklers hat
Nattie said:

TommyGun said:

I would never buy beer that has been recycled.

Bud Light doesn't seem to care about the reason for this boycott and loss of customer base.

Just last week they donated $200K to an LGBTQ nonprofit.

At the same time they are still partnering with multiple Pride parade events across the nation throughout the remainder of the year.

They have to target their new core consumer base. BL is so far over their skis now that they need to go all-in on rebranding BL to the gay/queer demographic because their old core demographic, "fratty" white dudes, isn't coming back.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jja79
AG
I thought their demographic had been rural shade tree mechanics.
Stat Monitor Repairman
If they did the daylan mulvaney commercial with Michelob Ultra instead of bud light would there have been as big of a backlash?
DatTallArchitect
AG
That's why he said "new core customer base".
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
TommyGun said:

aggiehawg said:

TommyGun said:

Isn't that illegal?

This isn't packaged beer being dumped back into the blend. This is beer that has been brewed and held in tanks being rerun into the circulation. Probably something all breweries do but not at such a huge volume.

Simpsons for the win again.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Stat Monitor Repairman
Is there anything that the Simpsons didn't predict?
jja79
AG
He said their core was fratty types. Never drank BL so what do I know?
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.