Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,368 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
******ry doesn't sell!
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Kenneth_2003
AG
. . . said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12157745/Bud-Light-boycott-hits-salespeople-cuts-commissions-continue-thanks-disastrous-partnership.html

Legal folks... at what point could/would a distributor have grounds for legal action ( I presume civil) against AB? If your tasked with selling a product that by action taken by the patent company the product has been rendered unsellable, and therefore the hit to your business.

I'm guessing a lot of this would be buried in the details of those distribution contracts.

Also... 60%??? HOLEEE MOLY! Be interesting to see if that was a one holiday weekend thing, or if we're starting to see the truer number. Lots of beach, lake, river weekends coming up.
nortex97
AG
fka ftc said:

bonfarr said:

TheCougarHunter said:

AB got bought out by a bunch of Arabs 10 years ago

What? AB was acquired by InBev based in Belgium with the primary stakeholders from Brahma Brewing in Brazil.

Those damn Belgie-Brazilian Arabs! I knew it was white supremacists behind this Dylan Muvlaney fiasco.
Their management is mostly/largely Brazilians, I noticed. I thought that was weird, guess not given the buyout/history. Like all big places, there are good and bad Brazilians, I guess, and InBev is…the woke flavor.
Showertime at the Bidens
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

As of November 24 of 2021, the five biggest shareholders of Harley Davidson are Boston Partners Global Investors, the Vanguard Group, BlackRock Fund Advisors, H Partners Management, and Beutel, Goodman & Co.

https://moneyinc.com/who-owns-harley-davidson/

Stat Monitor Repairman
Harley Davidson has already been rumored to be in financial difficulty before this bud light campaign.

Seems like covid was a windfall and discretionary spending is falling fast.

Heard from a friend in the industry that motorcycle lots are full and they are expecting RVs and boats to follow.

So for them to knowingly get involved in this bud light donkey-show is the stupidest decision imaginable.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Zarathustra said:

As of November 24 of 2021, the five biggest shareholders of Harley Davidson are Boston Partners Global Investors, the Vanguard Group, BlackRock Fund Advisors, H Partners Management, and Beutel, Goodman & Co.

So the American working man and woman's 401k, and pension funds.
Stat Monitor Repairman

At what point does companies doing the stupidest thing imaginable end and economic subversion begin?

Food for thought.
Logos Stick

Harley Davidson has already been rumored to be in financial difficulty before this bud light campaign.

Seems like covid was a windfall and discretionary spending is falling fast.

Heard from a friend in the industry that motorcycle lots are full and they are expecting RVs and boats to follow.

So for them to knowingly get involved in this bud light donkey-show is the stupidest decision imaginable.

The HR and marketing departments for every major corporation are run by woke females. To them, it's not stupid.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Motorcycles, boats, and RVs will become increasingly tough to purchase. Little or nothing down and 2% for 10 years was fine. But now the mortgage is 6%, gas is ~$3 a gallon, and weekly groceries are way up. Until wages bump all but the absolutely most financially stupid or sufficiently high wage earners won't be buying ever increasing amounts of toys.

That said, any clue when UTVs will be coming down?
Stat Monitor Repairman

2023 and we selling $30,000+ geo tracker ATVs
Stat Monitor Repairman
Prosperdick
AG

$8M Central Park home...and they claim the coastal elites are out of touch with middle America. Noooooooo.
CDUB98
AG

At what point does companies doing the stupidest thing imaginable end and economic subversion begin?

Food for thought.
Progressivism destroys everything it touches.
_mpaul
AG
. . . said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12157745/Bud-Light-boycott-hits-salespeople-cuts-commissions-continue-thanks-disastrous-partnership.html

Ah, here comes the "but you're hurting good people with your meanie boycott" line. Too bad. ****ty decisions have ****ty consequences. So next time, remember that, and keep politics out of your business.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
VaultingChemist
AG
Driven by woke leftist policies, successful corporations are transitioning into bankrupt businesses.
_mpaul
AG
Zarathustra said:

Fortunately, Vanguard has recently gotten out of the ESG business. BlackRock? Not so much.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
stetson
AG
CDUB98 said:

Food for thought.

Didn't HD sue another motorcycle manufacturer years ago for duplicating the sound of their engines?
FJB
CDUB98
AG
stetson said:

CDUB98 said:

Food for thought.

Didn't HD sue another motorcycle manufacturer years ago for duplicating the sound of their engines?
I believe they did.
aggielostinETX
AG
Same music festival. End of the night on the last day, everything sold out except for plenty of BL and Bud.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
FTAG 2000
AG

Still haven't seen confirmation she lost her job over it.

Tanya 93
3 BL drafts
6 MU drafts (but that was the cooks)
3 bottles of Corona for beeritas

I have got to make some changes
aggiedata
AG
As Breitbart News reported, Bud Light Vice President of Marketing Alissa Heinerscheid was placed on a leave of absence for her role in pushing the ad. Her boss, Daniel Blake, went on a leave of absence almost immediately after.

"Given the circumstances, Alissa has decided to take a leave of absence which we support," an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal at the time. "Daniel has also decided to take a leave of absence."
Ag In Ok
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Still haven't seen confirmation she lost her job over it.

Someone please tell me her friends name is Ligma Johnson.
Tailgate88
AG
_mpaul said:

. . . said:

Ah, here comes the "but you're hurting good people with your meanie boycott" line. Too bad. ****ty decisions have ****ty consequences. So next time, remember that, and keep politics out of your business.

Learn to code. Or go to work for a non-woke distributor.
Aggies2009
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

WILL YOU A-HOLES STOP BUYING UP ALL OF THE YEUNGLING FLIGHT? I CAN'T EFFING FIND IT ANYWHERE IN AUSTIN!
The HEB at Villa Maria and Texas had just restocked Sunday. I bought 2 six packs. Should've bought more- it'll be out very soon and not be back for a while.
fka ftc
Just read a bit this morning that AB InBev is majority owned by a couple Belgian families and a group of 3 Brazilian families (collectively they own 50%+).

At the end of the day, those wealthy ****ers own this mistake and the decline of the traded stock is glorious to see.

No forgiveness for AB. Destroy them. Beer will still be drank and those caught at the retailers and distributor levels will eventually settle out with other companies as their volume increases.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
TX_COWDOC
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

I see how it is where's my invite. Any time you like to come to the ole Oatmeal Texas ranch 900 acres San Gabriel River runs through the middle of the ranch, throw some BBQ on just let me know

Throw in a manhunt and I'll head that way! I'll even bring some beer!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Squadron7
AG
Anyone know yet which Ivy League faculty Alissa Heinerscheid will end up on?

The Left always takes care of their own.
nortex97
AG
Squadron7 said:

She and her hubs are Wharton MBA grads, so I assume there at some point.
techno-ag
AG
Squadron7 said:

No doubt in a business school somewhere, teaching Marketing.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Would be like bringing in OJ to teach a class on domestic relations.
Squadron7
AG
You know what would help stop this crap?

Make "Heinerscheid" a verb.

CDUB98
AG
Squadron7 said:

Disagree.

Making the brand name a verb, "Bud Lighting," has much more damage to a brand image versus just one person.
Squadron7
AG
CDUB98 said:

Squadron7 said:

Disagree.

Making the brand name a verb, "Bud Lighting," has much more damage to a brand image versus just one person.

Monica Lewinsky disagrees.
First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.