Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,353 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasAg 94
jja79
AG
More anecdotal experience from Arizona. Bud Light had one taker when I stopped to buy Coors Banquet. Coors Light was moving. Why don't all states allow liquor sales in grocery stores. Met a class of 19 Aggie while shopping.

bonfarr
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12156085/Bud-Light-risks-losing-retail-shelf-space-competitors-warns-former-Anheuser-Busch-exec.html
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Stat Monitor Repairman

gonna go ahead and put Celine Dieon on standby
Quantum Entanglement
I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon or Lone Star or I drink nothing. Well, maybe a strawberry wine cooler.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Bud light turned its brand into la toxica.
Win At Life
AG
Quantum Entanglement said:

I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon or Lone Star or I drink nothing. Well, maybe a strawberry wine cooler.

Still not a gay as bud light.
f burg ag
AG
Went to Hallettsville drive through liquor/beer to get some Shiner Bock cans today. Lady said she was glad I did not want Bud because they stopped selling it. I asked if her buyers know that AB makes a lot of other labels. She said "oh they know". Anecdotal obviously, but those saying AB will be fine are full of *****
Quantum Entanglement
Are you gay if you toast a glass of Bud Light exclaiming "Bottoms Up?"
Logos Stick
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The 28-30 percent they've lost is not coming back. That seems to be the ceiling here, but that share is gone forever. Those people have switched to a different brew.
Old Sarge
AG
Win At Life said:

Still not a gay as bud light.
I assume you are talking about the wine cooler here. When your beer is more gay than a wine cooler, there is a problem. A beer would have to work at that, and Bud Light has cleared that bar.
Urban Ag
AG
Just got back from Florida. Was staying at a Universal resort. They were not even selling BL in the diner anymore. There was Bud but I didn't see anyone drinking it. On the parks I saw lots of parents self medicating with brew, and there was BL on tap at some places, but the kiosks weren't even carrying it. Yuengling, ML, CL, Heineken, and few smaller brewers. Asked a young gal working the beer stand if they were selling BL and she said maybe at the bar but we don't even put it out any more.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Talk about self inflicted wounds. LMAO.
nortex97
AG
From instapundit:

Quote:

GET READY FOR MORE 'BUD LIGHTING:'
Quote:

A lot of conservatives are very excited about "Bud Lighting"a freshly minted term for boycotting companies that cater to various "woke" causes, particularly transgender issues.

The term derives from the spectacular implosion of Bud Light in the wake of their decision in March to enlist transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney to promote the brand. Bud Light's sales have plummeted, averaging weekly declines of about 25 percent. Parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev has lost more than $15 billion in value. Sales of rival brands have soared, even as many retailers have slashed prices for Bud Light. Some stores are even giving Bud Light away for freeor trying to.

I am very skeptical that the Bud Light example can be replicated over the long haul, but I'm convinced that we are entering a new era of Bud Lighting on the right and left.

First, some background. The most remarkable thing about the Bud Light boycott is that it worked, because boycotts usually don'tif your definition of success is actually affecting sales and stock price in a significant way. PETA's been boycotting KFC for 20 years to little or no effect. KFC's biggest challenge hasn't been from boycotters, but from rivals like Chick-fil-A, which has been going gangbusters despite facing plenty of boycotts of its own.

Bud Light exec Alissa Heinerscheid is the advertising equivalent of Pete Buttigieg: To paraphrase a Tweet about Buttigieg, Heinerscheid is so awful at her job that people actually know who the former(?) marketing vp of Anheuser-Busch is.

UPDATE (FROM GLENN): Heinerscheid's notoriety is important here. Boycotts are fine when there's a spectacular self-own like the Bud Light matter. But personalizing things with CEOs and managers, (freeze and isolate, in Alinsky methodology) is what the left does most of the time, and it's very effective. Of course, the left has more traction with managers' peer groups usually, but post-Bud Light there's more fear there. And as Alinsky also said, you have the power people think you have in these matters.
Yep.
Shoefly!
AG

Dude, your a girl?
CDUB98
AG
Shoefly! said:

Dude, your a girl?
No, just a troll.
zephyr88
AG
We had a fire pit with friends last night and watched the Ags beat Stanford - whoop!

Typical scenario... I have the food and the starter case (Yeungling Flight) and everyone else brings the wine or beer of their choice to add to the party. They brought Shiner, Lite, Coors Light, Corona, Bohemia and Dos Equis. For fun, I threw my last can of Bud Light out of the garage beer fridge into the cooler - you know it...

no one popped that top.
JFABNRGR
AG
Looked at beer cooler in HEB dripping springs last night. There was a lot of BL and AB but No discounts. Youngling Flight was empty. The biggest difference was Youngling occupied 10% or less of AB/BL. That is hoing to change and when it does as others said above BL/AB will not get that shelf space back and there market cap will be significantly less.

This is going to be one of those worthy Revised Edition Marketing 101 books in the MBA program.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Our beer aisle this morning.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Trajan88
AG
Any Blanton's sightings in AZ?
AgsMnn
AG
f burg ag said:

Went to Hallettsville drive through liquor/beer to get some Shiner Bock cans today. Lady said she was glad I did not want Bud because they stopped selling it. I asked if her buyers know that AB makes a lot of other labels. She said "oh they know". Anecdotal obviously, but those saying AB will be fine are full of *****

Go to Los Cabos after? Heard they re-opened yesterday. Not yet confident to try it.
TX_COWDOC
AG
We had a close call. I was eating the hot sauce and it tasted off. Glad I stopped eating it. I heard hundreds of people were sick. Not verified.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Aglaw97
AG
Was fishing this weekend with a guy who manages several HEB stores along the coast. He brought this up out of the blue as just a matter of fact business point as we were discussing inflation. Keep in mind this is blue collar communities. He said sales during the Memorial Day weekend, which is a big weekend for beer, were off 75% for bud light which was even more than the stores anticipated. Beer sales overall, however, remained flat which showed it wasn't anything other than the backlash.
Eso si, Que es
zephyr88 said:

They brought Shiner, Lite, Coors Light, Corona, Bohemia and Dos Equis.
You need to educate these people. Corona is still owned by AB. I am not touching anything on this list, can't pay me to drink them.

• The Michelob brands
  • Natural Light and Natty Daddy
  • Cass
  • Castle
  • Corona
  • Harbin
  • Estrella Jalisco
  • Aguila
  • Beck's
  • Stella Artois
  • Jupiler
  • Kona
  • Leffe
  • Landshark Lager
  • Modelo
  • Presidente
  • Hoegaarden
  • Labatt
  • Hurricane
  • Rolling Rock
  • Skol
  • Johnny Appleseed
  • Shock Top
  • Quilmes
Other brands that partner with Anheuser-Busch include:
  • 10 Barrel Brewing
  • Appalachian Mountain
  • Blue Point
  • Breckenridge Brewery
  • Cisco Brewers
  • Devils Backbone
  • Elysian
  • Four Peaks
  • Golden Road
  • Goose Island
  • Karbach Brewing
  • Omission Balanced Brewing
  • Platform Beer Company
  • Red Hook
  • Square Mile Cider Company
  • Veza Sur Brewing
  • Nirture Cider
  • Wicked Weed Brewing
  • Widmer Brothers Brewing
  • Wynwood Brewing
  • Hi Ball Energy
  • Babe
  • Nutrl
  • Cutwater Spirits
  • Ritas
Prosperdick
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

That 24% number still seems WAY too low. Are we supposed to believe that BL only sold 24% less beer from late April to May 20th last year than this year? When there are hundreds of anecdotal stories of bars not even selling it, grocery stores with BL packed to the gills and even cases on the floor I really don't think they only had a 24% dip. This is peak beer buying season and nobody is buying it.

If they ever release the REAL numbers it's going to be ugly. I also don't want to hear about the SEC because they've likely been politicized like all the other alphabet agencies and will gladly look the other way in the name of woke. However, when In Bev or AB kills the brand completely or changes the name to Air Bud or Bud Flight or something else THAT will speak volumes. I actually don't think they could even change the name....anything with Bud in it or close to it is toxic.
Irish 2.0
AgsMnn said:

f burg ag said:

Go to Los Cabos after? Heard they re-opened yesterday. Not yet confident to try it.

Not sure Lis Cabos survives their recent issues. A lot of those Czechs/Germans in the area aren't quick to forget. What was the other place there before? Was it Jalisco's or something like that? Had the fajita buffet.
aggielostinETX
AG
At a huge music festival in Ky.

Only 2 light beers being sold. 95% MU, 5% BL.

Mostly sold the microbrews.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
AgsMnn
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AgsMnn said:

f burg ag said:

Not sure Lis Cabos survives their recent issues. A lot of those Czechs/Germans in the area aren't quick to forget. What was the other place there before? Was it Jalisco's or something like that? Had the fajita buffet.

Location they are at now is brand new. Few years old. Heard it was Shigella supposedly. Someone not washing their hands after #2. Once something gets contaminated, it just continues.
TX04Aggie
AG
I got Shigella in Cuba years ago and let me tell you, I thought I was going to die, it was brutal.
agent-maroon
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

zephyr88 said:

They brought Shiner, Lite, Coors Light, Corona, Bohemia and Dos Equis.
You need to educate these people. Corona is still owned by AB. I am not touching anything on this list, can't pay me to drink them.

• The Michelob brands
  • Natural Light and Natty Daddy
  • Cass
  • Castle
  • Corona
  • Harbin
  • Estrella Jalisco
  • Aguila
  • Beck's
  • Stella Artois
  • Jupiler
  • Kona
  • Leffe
  • Landshark Lager
  • Modelo
  • Presidente
  • Hoegaarden
  • Labatt
  • Hurricane
  • Rolling Rock
  • Skol
  • Johnny Appleseed
  • Shock Top
  • Quilmes
Other brands that partner with Anheuser-Busch include:
  • 10 Barrel Brewing
  • Appalachian Mountain
  • Blue Point
  • Breckenridge Brewery
  • Cisco Brewers
  • Devils Backbone
  • Elysian
  • Four Peaks
  • Golden Road
  • Goose Island
  • Karbach Brewing
  • Omission Balanced Brewing
  • Platform Beer Company
  • Red Hook
  • Square Mile Cider Company
  • Veza Sur Brewing
  • Nirture Cider
  • Wicked Weed Brewing
  • Widmer Brothers Brewing
  • Wynwood Brewing
  • Hi Ball Energy
  • Babe
  • Nutrl
  • Cutwater Spirits
  • Ritas

TLDR - Drink Yuengling beer offerings

HTH
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Irish 2.0
Meant the other Mexican food place. Think it was behind the shell at the 90/77 intersection near Korner if I recall correctly. It's been almost 20yrs. Just trying to remember because we would meet some girls from Sacred Heart there on occasion. Only been to Los Cabos once as my parents live in Gonzales and plenty of Mexican options there.
agent-maroon
AG
Googled Shigella to refresh a very distant memory of a disease I last thought of in med school and was greeted by a 3/4 page image of two gay dudes embracing and the message "Did you know the diarrhea germ Shigella can be spread through sex?" on the CDC website. Guess it joins the ever growing list of rare 3rd world diseases becoming common in the US among those who practice gay sex.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I guess I'm the only one confused by these pics at times. Here is what I see:

- Miller Lite is not selling at all unless it was just literally restocked.
- Bud Lite has sold some and has less shelf space than Miller Lite but is that due to BL selling more than ML or simply has less shelf space?
- The big three get most of the shelf space regardless and none of it looks like it's selling.

Maybe everyone is finally figuring out how utterly terrible the big three are? It isn't beer.
CDUB98
AG
Picked up a 15 bottle case of YF this morning to find out what you guys are talking about.

While I was trying to locate it, a guy walked up and grabbed a case of Bud Light. The urge to heckle was intense.
Kenneth_2003
AG
YouBet said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

I guess I'm the only one confused by these pics at times. Here is what I see:

- Miller Lite is not selling at all unless it was just literally restocked.
- Bud Lite has sold some and has less shelf space than Miller Lite but is that due to BL selling more than ML or simply has less shelf space?
- The big three get most of the shelf space regardless and none of it looks like it's selling.

Maybe everyone is finally figuring out how utterly terrible the big three are? It isn't beer.

Yeah my first thought is this beer aisle has been recently restocked with little to no measurable days in Woke choices.

I will say though... The headline linked a few posts up with a former BL Exec saying they gave losing retail space is telling. 1) I wouldn't be surprised if this person has friends/former colleagues deep inside and access to good first hand info. 2) To lose meaningful retail space their numbers are going to have to be off by more than 25%.

We've seen a few instances of beer stacked up at retailers. What do those attacks look like at the distributors?
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.