Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,403 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
AnScAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
According to Daily Wire, Anheuser-Busch lost $27 billion in market value from April 1 - May 31, with Bud Light sales down over 25%. The boycott is definitely having an effect, regardless of what spin people try to put on it.
captkirk
AG
aggielostinETX said:

jja79 said:

Gilbert, Arizona today. Bud Light completely full and the only brand stacked in the aisle.

This is exactly what I thought Anheuser-Busch would do. They're fudging the numbers by pushing the product into the store is where it's actually just sitting there. But eventually the space is not gonna be able to keep up.
Channel stuffing
Stat Monitor Repairman
David Happymountain said:

This was all coordinated by the government, media and AB top brass.
This got me wondering now.

Curious to see if there's significant trades and shorts from institutional investors.

If this was some sort of orchestrated event to depress the price of the stock temporarily, it would be one of the greatest scams of all time.

You know.

Hypothetically.
Hungry Ojos
WILL YOU A-HOLES STOP BUYING UP ALL OF THE YEUNGLING FLIGHT? I CAN'T EFFING FIND IT ANYWHERE IN AUSTIN!
MemphisAg1
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

WILL YOU A-HOLES STOP BUYING UP ALL OF THE YEUNGLING FLIGHT? I CAN'T EFFING FIND IT ANYWHERE IN AUSTIN!
Lol, I've got the wife properly trained now. She just returned from the store with a 12 pack of YF.

Good woman.
jja79
AG
I went for Coors Banquet which was sold out other than the brown stubbies.
Prosperdick
AG
aggielostinETX said:

Prosperdick said:

aggielostinETX said:

jja79 said:

Gilbert, Arizona today. Bud Light completely full and the only brand stacked in the aisle.

This is exactly what I thought Anheuser-Busch would do. They're fudging the numbers by pushing the product into the store is where it's actually just sitting there. But eventually the space is not gonna be able to keep up.

Those dummies still have it priced way too high. They need to price it where it's so low you'll have folks buying it and drinking it privately just to save money. The fact that it's still priced relatively high (even on sale) shows me they still have no idea how bad it is.

I don't think you can sell alcohol at a loss in Texas.
OK that makes more sense although the pictures above are from Arizona but they may have similar laws. If that law is on the books for most of the states they really are screwed because they simply won't be able to move their product before it has to be destroyed.

That's when they really take a blood bath for artificially pumping their numbers by shipping it to stores that have to place it on the floor like the pictures above.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Bud light like Newman hiding the undelivered mail.
Daddy-O5
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

16oz aluminum cans are legit. Don't worry though, we're not in competing geographical areas. I don't find them everywhere I go, but every couple of stores....
Counterpoint
AG
TJaggie14 said:

Counterpoint said:

College Station HEB yesterday... Boycott appears to be working for Bud Light Lime & Platinum, but not regular Bud Light or Budweiser.

https://imgur.io/NS5kht7

What's that from? That's awesome.
Hungry Ojos
Hungry Ojos said:

Haha, deal with it losers!!!!!!

i-miss-the-republic
You know it's bad when your brand becomes a verb: "Company X didn't want to Bud Light themselves."
Tailgate88
AG
Just left H-E-B Tower Point. They just stocked Flight. I grabbed a 12 but there are seven left. GO!

Obligatory: plenty of Bud Light
BurnetAggie99
Yeungling Flight if you see it you better buy as much as you can cause it's getting hard to get. I bought 3 cases the other day to stock the beer fridge
Muktheduck
YouBet said:

deddog said:

Jack Ruby said:

BL has stepped into quicksand. Trying to placate both sides, but failing miserably as they're trying to swim themselves out. They could've just kept the dilly dilly campaign, but the tiny tiny and vocal minority in charge convinced them otherwise. It honestly stuns me how they just handed the keys to the asylum inmates voluntarily.

For the love of God, let this be a lesson to CEOs. We don't want to be preached to, just say: "hey look, our product is cheap, drinkable, and gives you a nice buzz"

Is it really that difficult to understand?
You are wrong on them trying to placate both sides.

If BL wanted to placate their customers, they would have admitted that serious mistakes were made. They have done no such thing. Why? because we've reached a point where ESG matters more than your balance sheet. If the execs disown the campaign openly, they will never ever be employed at a Fortune 500 company or even S&P mid size company - Vanguard and BlackRock will never approve their appointment.

So the execs would rather watch BL going down the drain.

They are simply trying to wait this out. Up until now, 10 times out of 10, that has worked because our attention spans and stamina for causes in this country has been non-existent for decades especially on the right. I guarantee you the executives said "Let's give it a week and see where we are" at the beginning of this. And they've been saying the same thing every Monday morning in their Exec Huddle since week one.

At this point, they would have already had an emergency BoD meeting where the same conclusion was drawn because most board members are left wing ESG sycophants at that level either as true believers or out of peer pressure.

This has gone on longer than anyone thought it would so we are basically in unchartered waters for the current era so at this point they just aren't sure what to do. It's why their Twitter went silent but then they think they can still support the ESG cause through back doors (like the Gay Chamber of Commerce) and then just hope it doesn't get picked up and go viral.

I'm not sure what they're supposed to do at this point either. Any attempt at fixing their image is just going to be seen as patronizing. They can't go full anti-woke without being squashed like a gnat by globohomo.

Their best move likely is to shut up and just carry on. Which is of course what every company should've done to begin with
Tanya 93
Sold 3 Corona bottles today.

Probably 30+ house margaritas/fancy margaritas

Multi pitchers of Yuengling Flight

And a whole lot of queso.
ShaggySLC
i-miss-the-republic said:

You know it's bad when your brand becomes a verb: "Company X didn't want to Bud Light themselves."
There will be a History Channel "The Men that made America" episode about it like they did with New Coke
bonfarr
AG
Prosperdick said:

aggielostinETX said:

Prosperdick said:

aggielostinETX said:

jja79 said:

Those dummies still have it priced way too high. They need to price it where it's so low you'll have folks buying it and drinking it privately just to save money. The fact that it's still priced relatively high (even on sale) shows me they still have no idea how bad it is.

OK that makes more sense although the pictures above are from Arizona but they may have similar laws. If that law is on the books for most of the states they really are screwed because they simply won't be able to move their product before it has to be destroyed.

That's when they really take a blood bath for artificially pumping their numbers by shipping it to stores that have to place it on the floor like the pictures above.

Retailers can't sell beer at a loss, what AB would have to do is lower their cost on BL to distributors and they lower cost to the retailer and the retailer can drop the price. Margins on 12 packs and larger suck so retailers aren't going to drop the price on their own.

And AB isn't padding sales by pushing product into stores the retailers would never allow that. Why would the retailers agree to buy product from AB to help them pad their sales ?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Eso si, Que es
Bud light has a best before date, which is 110 days from packing. I just went to buy some Flight (3 places out of stock) and decided to start looking at dates on bud light at 3rd store. I noticed several 12 packs expiring 06Jun and 11Jun.

I grabbed the store owner and pointed these 12 packs out to him and let him know he should consolidate all his almost expired beer for his drivers next trip. I also let him know I was tired of him being out of Flight, it would be great if he could dedicated some of the bud light space to Yuengling. He said he is getting all he can right now.
Eso si, Que es
My bet is the expired beer is just replaced next month and counted as new sales. Obviously they will have to take a write off, but I bet they juggle it to not affect revenue and hide it as a cost. I honestly don't know if they capture revenue when it leaves the brewery, the warehouse or when it leaves the shelf in a shopping cart.
bonfarr
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

My bet is the expired beer is just replaced next month and counted as new sales. Obviously they will have to take a write off, but I bet they juggle it to not affect revenue and hide it as a cost. I honestly don't know if they capture revenue when it leaves the brewery, the warehouse or when it leaves the shelf in a shopping cart.

AB can't claim sales from the customer purchases in store, that is retail sales. They sell to the distributor and the distributor sells to retailer. That's the 3-tier system and it exists in every state I believe.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Plenty in SA
MarathonAg12
Tons of it in Round Rock.

Austin is the Bud Light Zone bro
Jack Squat 83
AG
They should sell BL individually for .25 each, AND dress them in those little brown paper bags for a disguise. Bargain shoppers could possibly slink out without being badgered.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
EskimoJoe
Daddy-O5 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

16oz aluminum cans are legit. Don't worry though, we're not in competing geographical areas. I don't find them everywhere I go, but every couple of stores....

my preferred candy store has 12 packs of 16oz cans. i picked up a couple and thought the price must have gone up. I didn't realize they were the 16 oz cans until i opened the first one.
ProgN
EskimoJoe said:

Daddy-O5 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

my preferred candy store has 12 packs of 16oz cans. i picked up a couple and thought the price must have gone up. I didn't realize they were the 16 oz cans until i opened the first one.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Bud Light not even for sale at the Women's College World Series in OKC
EskimoJoe
ProgN said:

EskimoJoe said:

Daddy-O5 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

lol. in a hurry, happy to see it in the cooler, grab a couple and go type of thing.
Stat Monitor Repairman
bonfarr said:

Prosperdick said:

aggielostinETX said:

Prosperdick said:

aggielostinETX said:

jja79 said:

Retailers can't sell beer at a loss, what AB would have to do is lower their cost on BL to distributors and they lower cost to the retailer and the retailer can drop the price. Margins on 12 packs and larger suck so retailers aren't going to drop the price on their own.

And AB isn't padding sales by pushing product into stores the retailers would never allow that. Why would the retailers agree to buy product from AB to help them pad their sales ?
It's wild how regulated the alcohol industry is.

Is AB hamstrung by their own regulations? Seems like they are limited in what they can do to respond to this crisis in an economic manner.

Regulations were written in favor of the brewer and distributors, but maybe not in this case.

They never conceived of a scenario where they would intentionally **** themselves this hard.

This DEI has got people so upside-down braindead that the company managed to **** itself with its own regulations.

I guess they got a plan, who knows. But we getting to the point where a decision will be forced on them through the passage of time.

Anything they try to do at this point runs the risk of tanking their stock even more.

So I guess they are holed up in the offices trying to come up with a plan. Probably got consultants involved, lawyers, banks, stockholders, all breathing down their neck.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Oops
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
BurnetAggie99
I see how it is where's my invite. Any time you like to come to the ole Oatmeal Texas ranch 900 acres San Gabriel River runs through the middle of the ranch, throw some BBQ on just let me know
bonfarr
AG
There isn't anything AB can do if the demand for their product isn't there other than winning customers back but they are doing a terrible job of it so far.
YouBet
AG
Yeah that's kind of wild. Can't sell at a loss?

So loss leader strategy not a thing in the beer world I guess.
bonfarr
AG
YouBet said:

Yeah that's kind of wild. Can't sell at a loss?

So loss leader strategy not a thing in the beer world I guess.

The selling below cost prohibition isn't in every state but that only applies to retailers. Some retailers do use beer as a loss leader, grocery stores do it often to pump up their basket ring but they aren't going to do it to help AB look good after a Marketing gaffe.
dreyOO
Hungry Ojos said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Haha, deal with it losers!!!!!!

I love it. I'm not even a huge light beer guy. But I take joy in buying it and it's a nice reminder for every other person around the checkout.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.