Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,648 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HoseMad said:

so if this is real, what do they gain from getting the QR code scanned?

Probably a mail in rebate form would be my first guess.
Ag with kids
AG
JABQ04 said:

The Fife said:

TRM said:

Photoshopped price?

Nope, somebody just played around with the numbers on the sign. They slide off and on.

The second if and when this happens I'm stocking up.
This is a weird way to come out of the closet, but, CONGRATS!
techno-ag
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

You can take beer on any golf course you want; just be aware of the rules and don't get caught. Some care, some don't. I still take my own everywhere I go. That's what golf bag built-in coolers are for.
Pack your gun, too.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

BCG Disciple
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

HoseMad said:

so if this is real, what do they gain from getting the QR code scanned?

Probably a mail in rebate form would be my first guess.

Looks like a mail in rebate good for "your next" bud light.

This is the link from the qr code on the right:

https://www.budlight.com/budlightonusrebate?utm_source=smt&utm_medium=qrcode&utm_campaign=bdl_onusrebate&utm_content=bdl_onusrebate&utm_brand=Bud_Light
Aston04
AG
Went to Springfield Cardinals double AA game. Vast majority of beer available is inbev's.. passed by 4 taps 3-4 times and zero people getting a drink. I think saw one or two guys total holding either a bud or bud light can all night. Crazy.
Tanya 93
Not a single sale of AB by 6 when I went home.

Just the free beer for the cooks when leaving.
TRM
AG
https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/sectors/bud-light-boycott-already-costs-anheuser-busch-15-7-billion/

Quote:

Another group is getting burned by Anheuser-Busch's (BUD) controversial Bud Light promotion: Its investors. But analysts insist the sting of the boycott on the company's popular beer will dissipate.

The market value of Anheuser-Busch InBev, whose fourth bestselling brand is Bud Light, dropped $15.7 billion since April 1, based on a conversion to U.S. dollars by Investor's Business Daily using data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. That's the day Dylan Mulvaney, a TikTok influencer and transgender woman, pitched the Bud Light brand during the NCAA March Madness tournament.

Meanwhile, the other major publicly traded global beer brands have added $3.2 billion in market value during the same time.
TRIDENT
AG

Stat Monitor Repairman
FTAG 2000
AG
TRM said:

https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/sectors/bud-light-boycott-already-costs-anheuser-busch-15-7-billion/

Quote:

Another group is getting burned by Anheuser-Busch's (BUD) controversial Bud Light promotion: Its investors. But analysts insist the sting of the boycott on the company's popular beer will dissipate.

The market value of Anheuser-Busch InBev, whose fourth bestselling brand is Bud Light, dropped $15.7 billion since April 1, based on a conversion to U.S. dollars by Investor's Business Daily using data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. That's the day Dylan Mulvaney, a TikTok influencer and transgender woman, pitched the Bud Light brand during the NCAA March Madness tournament.

Meanwhile, the other major publicly traded global beer brands have added $3.2 billion in market value during the same time.

LOL.

Those people who have moved on to things like Yuengling ain't coming back.

Bunch of ****** analysts insisting everything is fine.

You lose 25% of your customer base for your number one product line, those numbers are going to show up in Q2 earnings and forecast going forward.

Good luck with your mail in rebates, Budweiser.

CDUB98
AG
Quote:

The Woke seriously do not understand ANYTHING outside their bubble, so they cannot possibly imagine a world where their view is rejected, thus they continue to double down on their ignorance.
TexasAGGIEinAR
I always do that. Nothing better than 6 cold ones and a .40 cal in my golf bag.
deddog
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

I always do that. Nothing better than 6 cold ones and a .40 cal in my golf bag.
deddog
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

TRM said:

Quote:

LOL.

Those people who have moved on to things like Yuengling ain't coming back.

You lose 25% of your customer base for your number one product line, those numbers are going to show up in Q2 earnings and forecast going forward.

Good luck with your mail in rebates, Budweiser.

AB is going to try every trick in the book to make their books look good and downplay the effect of the boycott.
WOKEism is their religion.
ProgN
I just went to HEB at lunch to pickup some Yuengling Flight because that's usually when they stock it on Thursdays and Fridays. There was a beer rep there, but his shirt said 'Keg One' iirc, maybe that's who the distributor is. He wasn't stocking YF so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart and turned to go checkout. He asked if he could take a pic, I said yes. He and another guy in there are the distributor for Yuengling here. We had a good chat and told him I switched to YF from MU when AB went full trantard. I told them it tastes a lot better so I wouldn't go back to MU even if AB did the right thing.

I asked them how much their sales have increased and their eyes got wide and said they didn't know the percentages but it's been huge. Yuengling is working around the clock to supply the massive increase in demand from stores, bars and restaurants. I suggested Yuengling send AB a thank you card. I told them that me, and a lot of new customers, will stay with them so don't **** it up and get political and that no one should ever go full trantard.

I know dear diary, but y'all know idgaf.

CDUB98
AG
Quote:

so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart
How much you drinkin' every week, son?
BassCowboy33
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

I am interested to know how much beer the average TexAg'er drinks (compared to how much they claim to drink).

If I buy a six-pack (always glass, can't stand canned beer), it takes me a solid two weeks, at best, to get through it. This board makes me think people are downing six-packs every night, lol.
Prosperdick
AG
ProgN said:

I just went to HEB at lunch to pickup some Yuengling Flight because that's usually when they stock it on Thursdays and Fridays. There was a beer rep there, but his shirt said 'Keg One' iirc, maybe that's who the distributor is. He wasn't stocking YF so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart and turned to go checkout. He asked if he could take a pic, I said yes. He and another guy in there are the distributor for Yuengling here. We had a good chat and told him I switched to YF from MU when AB went full trantard. I told them it tastes a lot better so I wouldn't go back to MU even if AB did the right thing.

I asked them how much their sales have increased and their eyes got wide and said they didn't know the percentages but it's been huge. Yuengling is working around the clock to supply the massive increase in demand from stores, bars and restaurants. I suggested Yuengling send AB a thank you card. I told them that me, and a lot of new customers, will stay with them so don't **** it up and get political and that no one should ever go full trantard.

Can't be anymore than 25% as I was told BL sales only dropped by that amount and considering not everyone that switched away from BL went to Yuengling so they probably only increased by 15% at most. Well, unless BL's numbers are completely FOS. That couldn't be the reason...naaaaahhh.
Prosperdick
AG
TRM said:

Quote:

Wait...Bud Light was only their 4th bestselling brand? Who was 1-3? Also, are they saying they're the 4th bestselling brand before our after their marketing fiasco.
DatTallArchitect
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

I am interested to know how much beer the average TexAg'er drinks (compared to how much they claim to drink).

If I buy a six-pack (always glass, can't stand canned beer), it takes me a solid two weeks, at best, to get through it. This board makes me think people are downing six-packs every night, lol.
I have friends, so I don't have to drink alone. At least 2 out of 3 beers I buy go to friends
ProgN
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Well if 98 is your graduation year, then have a seat son for second.

YF sells out extremely fast around these parts. I have a huge, extremely cold beer fridge so I stock it up. And like my late father told his doctor when he asked how much beer he drank he said, " all I want doc ".
one safe place
BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

lol, I have wondered the same thing. My dad and one of my brothers would drink 6 to 10 beers a day, every day. I went through my drinking years, 18 to 22 or so, then just don't drink much anymore. Two or three weeks ago, as many on here were talking about Yuengling, I looked to see if my store had any when I was getting other things. They did, bought a six pack and it was not bad. Still have five to go lol.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Wait...Bud Light was only their 4th bestselling brand? Who was 1-3? Also, are they saying they're the 4th bestselling brand before our after their marketing fiasco.
Michelob Ultra and Corona may be two of them. People were drinking the hell out of them.

"Best selling" may also be fuzzy. Best selling based on what? Revenue, margins, full EBITDA?
An L of an Ag
AG
And your point is..?
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Can't be anymore than 25% as I was told BL sales only dropped by that amount and considering not everyone that switched away from BL went to Yuengling so they probably only increased by 15% at most. Well, unless BL's numbers are completely FOS. That couldn't be the reason...naaaaahhh.
Quit being a titty-baby just because someone has a different viewpoint on the published numbers. Good grief.
Prosperdick
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Quit being a titty-baby just because someone has a different viewpoint on the published numbers. Good grief.
Put your big boy pants on and use critical thinking for once in your life.
ProgN
Prosperdick said:

ProgN said:

All I know is they said they are all scrambling and ramping up all operations to meet the dramatic rise in demand. Told them that Yuengling couldn't make a commercial or ad campaign that would come close to increasing their sales like AB stepping on a landmine and blowing off their own dick has done. We were all just laughing and they were really cool guys.
CDUB98
AG
Prosperdick said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Excuse me?

I'm the one that put out multiple potential reasons as to why the numbers may be correct...for now.

You're one who sticks their fingers in their ears and blindly states, without backup, that the numbers cannot be right, Bud's lying, blah blah blah.

Sure buddy.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

I have friends, so I don't have to drink alone. At least 2 out of 3 beers I buy go to friends

Need another friend?
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Prosperdick
AG
CDUB98 said:

Prosperdick said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Excuse me?

I'm the one that put out multiple potential reasons as to why the numbers may be correct...for now.

You're one who sticks their fingers in their ears and blindly states, without backup, that the numbers cannot be right, Bud's lying, blah blah blah.

Sure buddy.
You're the one who accused everyone who didn't swallow BL's numbers as suffering from confirmation bias.

Let me let you in on a little secret buddy. Confirmation bias exists WAY more on the left than the right. I bet when Jussie said two MAGA hat wearing racists beat him up and put a noose around his neck you fell for it hook, line, and ****ing sinker.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

You're the one who accused everyone who didn't swallow BL's numbers as suffering from confirmation bias.

Let me let you in on a little secret buddy. Confirmation bias exists WAY more on the left than the right. I bet when Jussie said two MAGA hat wearing racists beat him up and put a noose around his neck you fell for it hook, line, and ****ing sinker.
1) Wrong, I accused people who blindly dismissed the numbers of confirmation bias from the anecdotes on TA, but don't let the subtlety of fact get in your way.

2) I guess you haven't been paying attention to any of my other posts around here if you think I am anywhere near a leftist.

So, how about you put on YOUR big boy britches, suck it up that not everyone agrees with you, and stop acting butthurt by bringing it up every post.

I'll say it again for you, just to be clear, I don't take any numbers for this situation as total fact until the Q2 earnings report is published. Lying there will get them in serious hot water with the SEC. Got it?
BassCowboy33
one safe place said:

BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

lol, I have wondered the same thing. My dad and one of my brothers would drink 6 to 10 beers a day, every day. I went through my drinking years, 18 to 22 or so, then just don't drink much anymore. Two or three weeks ago, as many on here were talking about Yuengling, I looked to see if my store had any when I was getting other things. They did, bought a six pack and it was not bad. Still have five to go lol.
I had a Yuengling last week. It was the first one I'd had since college at the USMMA. It was a regional beer out there at the time. Solid beer.
AgsMnn
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

"2 or 3 a day……
"Really?" Says the Doc
"Yeah, 2 or 3, six packs a day."

Go through a 12 pack every 2 or 3 days in the summer.
Weekends are usually more.
deddog
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

~ 12 light beers a week. I used to be exclusively Budweiser 55 (i know, it's a **** beer, but it's only 55 calories). Now on Yuengling Flight and 99.
aggielostinETX
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

It's Memorial Day weekend. That used to be 1 case per person per day.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.