Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,807 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Impossible to have shame when everything we used to label as immoral is now considered righteous.
Tomdoss92
AG

in case the tweet machine doesn't work

Sea Speed
AG
agent-maroon said:

Americans are no longer familiar with the concept of shame. I feel like shame is now viewed as a weakness or at the very least as a negative personal issue

Yeah, I'm really that old...

Ibwas just talking to my wife about this the other day. Zero shame. Hell, I dont think it is even in most peoples vocabulary. Just look at what people wear. Obese people in skin tight leggings everywhere. Pajamas in public all the time. Hey dudes. Then half the country is fat as hell, Even the mannequins are obese bow.
YouBet
AG
CDUB98 said:

Txhuntr said:

For those in the know, how long will it take or tough will it be for sports stadium partnerships to fall apart? Was at a rangers game last night, and it seemed 95% of the offerings were InBev products. Had to settle in on a very mediocre coors light. Is it too much to ask for decent non InBev choices?
Note: I'm not in the know.

Taking a guess, it would be hard to say

I'm going to assume you don't get many requests to publish a newsletter.
Robert L. Peters
Sea Speed said:

agent-maroon said:

Americans are no longer familiar with the concept of shame. I feel like shame is now viewed as a weakness or at the very least as a negative personal issue

Ibwas just talking to my wife about this the other day. Zero shame. Hell, I dont think it is even in most peoples vocabulary. Just look at what people wear. Obese people in skin tight leggings everywhere. Pajamas in public all the time. Hey dudes. Then half the country is fat as hell, Even the mannequins are obese bow.

Idiocracy.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Sea Speed said:

agent-maroon said:

How now! What's your issue with Hey Dudes? They are very stylish and very comfortable. 100000x better than crocs or flip flops
Kenneth_2003
AG
Zarathustra said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

aezmvp said:

aggielostinETX said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

ContinentalAg said:

Now being reported that Bud Light is doing a can redesign featuring a camo motif benefiting a military charity. Lol, they are getting desperate.
Probably three weeks of meetings and 10, 000 emails exchanged to finally settle on this turd of an idea.

Still with no admission that they ****ed up.
No announcement that they ever fired that VP? Still on leave I take it?

As an executive, she probably has a contract preventing it. She'll just be on leave forever.

Executives at that level very very rarely get fired. They're told in private they need to look for a new position. It's an unwritten rule because companies are so afraid if they don't let the exec save face they won't be able to recruit good talent.

Once they reach a certain level, no matter how poorly an executive does, they will always be able to find another job somewhere. I could tell you a few stories.

That would not surprise me. I speculated way back she found the letter announcing her leave of absence on her desk awaiting her signature.
powerbelly
AG
G. hirsutum Ag said:

Sea Speed said:

agent-maroon said:

How now! What's your issue with Hey Dudes? They are very stylish and very comfortable. 100000x better than crocs or flip flops
ts5641
Sea Speed said:

agent-maroon said:

I work at a courthouse. Stunning how many people come in in shorts, pajamas, belly shirts, slippers, etc. And this is for court.
YouBet
AG
I just heard about these Hey Dudes. Friend was raving about them. I tried them on and they felt weird. No thanks, I'll just stick to my flip flops at the vacation home.
ContinentalAg
Actually saw a few BL cases missing at Randall's today. Hope we're not losing momentum.
nortex97
AG

Keep it up, InBev.
LOYAL AG
AG
YouBet said:

I just heard about these Hey Dudes. Friend was raving about them. I tried them on and they felt weird. No thanks, I'll just stick to my flip flops at the vacation home.

It's hard to beat a good pair of flip flops but I've gotten to the point where I prefer Hey Dudes to sneakers for casual wear. By causal I mean shorts and a polo or tee shirt. They're light weight with a very comfy sole that forms to your foot. Most comfortable shoes I own.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
An L of an Ag
AG
Made a beer run at lunchtime yesterday. My regular HEB looked like there was a reduced Bud Light footprint in the beer cooler. Same with Michelob Ultra.

By contrast, there was more Yuengling available than I remember.
Nagler
AG
Was finally around two Bud Light drinkers this week.

One had switched to Lone Star. The other was trying to find something new, he was drinking Shiner Light or Blonde or something.

Both said they're not going back. Neither were drinking AB products at all.
TyHolden
AG
Nagler said:

Was finally around two Bud Light drinkers this week.

One had switched to Lone Star. The other was trying to find something new, he was drinking Shiner Light or Blonde or something.

Both said they're not going back. Neither were drinking AB products at all.

ProgN

"Brewed in Texas"

Just saw this in Walmart as I bought more Yuengling Flight. Yuengling must be dragging their sack across BL face.
The Fife
Sam's Club in Charleston, SC right now. I'm pretty sure the market is speaking
Ellis Wyatt
Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.
Bahahahahahahahahaha!
techno-ag
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.
Bahahahahahahahahaha!
That's what, 10 percent of the market? At most.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

nortex97
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Kozmozag said:

Bahahahahahahahahaha!
Maybe this is some real vast right wing conspiracy to destroy the gay community via liver disease from drinking many thousands of bud lights per capita over the course of a few months. Note: I don't wish that on any one.
AG
Sea Speed said:

agent-maroon said:

tats
Stat Monitor Repairman
TyHolden
AG
Anywhere I can get bud light wrapping paper? I'd love to wrap up some Yuengling for a gag gift for a buddy.
M1Buckeye
I live in central Florida and Budweiser products are fully in stock everywhere but other brands are flying off the shelves. The fact is, no self-respecting man wants to be seen buying Budweiser. Although I did see one couple pushing their cart out of a grocery store and he had an 18-pack of Bud Light. My first thought was that he is a ****.

Of course, Coors and Miller also celebrate same-sex lifestyles and so I'd say America is ripe for another beer company to become men's men and take over a huge chunk of the beer market.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Although I did see one couple pushing their cart out of a grocery store and he had an 18-pack of Bud Light. My first thought was that he is a ****.
Kenneth_2003
AG
M1Buckeye said:

I live in central Florida and Budweiser products are fully in stock everywhere but other brands are flying off the shelves. The fact is, no self-respecting man wants to be seen buying Budweiser. Although I did see one couple pushing their cart out of a grocery store and he had an 18-pack of Bud Light. My first thought was that he is a ****.

Of course, Coors and Miller also celebrate same-sex lifestyles and so I'd say America is ripe for another beer company to become men's men and take over a huge chunk of the beer market.

I've said before... I don't see this as a gay or anti-gay thing. DM is an evened unlikable person.

Kids who you want, love who you want, may who you want. Stop being flamboyant attention whooores and stop pushing it in while and on the kids!
StandUpforAmerica
techno-ag
AG
Great article. Highlights:

Quote:

Bud Light sales began dropping in the first week of April and kept falling for weeks. The boycott has hurt other Anheuser-Busch beers, too, including Budweiser, Michelob Ultra and Busch Light. Sales volumes for rivals Coors Light and Miller Lite in the first week of May were up about 16% and 17%, respectively, according to Bump Williams.

Two Republican senators have called for an investigation into Anheuser-Busch's partnership with Mulvaney, alleging that the influencer's social-media followers include people under the legal drinking age. The company said it follows industry guidelines for ensuring that its marketing reaches adults and that Mulvaney's Instagram account met them.

The Human Rights Campaign, an LGBT rights organization, said Anheuser-Busch had showed a "profound lack of fortitude" and should have stood in solidarity with Mulvaney as people attacked her on social-media and conservative news outlets. The group this month suspended the brewer's Corporate Equality Index score, which ranks companies on their policies for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
They're getting grief from all sides.

And for all those who think it's no big deal, it's a 1/3 loss of market share by the biggest beer brand in the country. The company thinks it's a big deal.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Im Gipper
Sales should pick up in June, right?

It's Pride Month! Lol

I'm Gipper
45-70Ag
AG
Im Gipper said:

It's Pride Month! Lol

The rainbow can will be popular.
Prosperdick
AG
techno-ag said:

Quote:

Bud Light sales began dropping in the first week of April and kept falling for weeks. The boycott has hurt other Anheuser-Busch beers, too, including Budweiser, Michelob Ultra and Busch Light. Sales volumes for rivals Coors Light and Miller Lite in the first week of May were up about 16% and 17%, respectively, according to Bump Williams.

Two Republican senators have called for an investigation into Anheuser-Busch's partnership with Mulvaney, alleging that the influencer's social-media followers include people under the legal drinking age. The company said it follows industry guidelines for ensuring that its marketing reaches adults and that Mulvaney's Instagram account met them.

The Human Rights Campaign, an LGBT rights organization, said Anheuser-Busch had showed a "profound lack of fortitude" and should have stood in solidarity with Mulvaney as people attacked her on social-media and conservative news outlets. The group this month suspended the brewer's Corporate Equality Index score, which ranks companies on their policies for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.

And for all those who think it's no big deal, it's a 1/3 loss of market share by the biggest beer brand in the country. The company thinks it's a big deal.
Yeah where are those morons who claimed it wasn't that big a deal, stock price blah blah blah.
Tailgate88
AG
At HEB yesterday, there was ONE 12 pack of Yuengling lager but otherwise the entire section was sold out. Coors and Miller products were about half gone. There was exactly ONE 12-pack and ONE six pack of Bud Light missing.
techno-ag
AG
Prosperdick said:

techno-ag said:

Quote:

Yeah where are those morons who claimed it wasn't that big a deal, stock price blah blah blah.
Specifically, they were going on about how big InBev is and how this is only one brand among many. And yet, the company has committed to tripling its BL ad budget with horses and patriotic themes this summer and has been racing to calm distributors down according to the article.

Yeah, it's a big deal.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Im Gipper
45-70Ag said:

Im Gipper said:

It's Pride Month! Lol

The rainbow can will be popular.

Popular for what, I don't know!

(Or want to!)

I'm Gipper
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.