Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,851 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggielostinETX said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

ContinentalAg said:

Now being reported that Bud Light is doing a can redesign featuring a camo motif benefiting a military charity. Lol, they are getting desperate.
Probably three weeks of meetings and 10, 000 emails exchanged to finally settle on this turd of an idea.

Still with no admission that they ****ed up.
No announcement that they ever fired that VP? Still on leave I take it?
Ag98inTexas
AG
ContinentalAg said:

Now being reported that Bud Light is doing a can redesign featuring a camo motif benefiting a military charity. Lol, they are getting desperate.
Wonder if they cleared that with the charity first? I can imagine a "thanks, but no thanks" response.
Txhuntr
AG
ProgN said:

Txhuntr said:

For those in the know, how long will it take or tough will it be for sports stadium partnerships to fall apart? Was at a rangers game last night, and it seemed 95% of the offerings were InBev products. Had to settle in on a very mediocre coors light. Is it too much to ask for decent non InBev choices?
Yuengling Flight for the win.

Tried to get a good ol' yuengling lager. They didn't have it. I mean I was in the metroplex, how do rahr & sons or 3 nations or literally any local brew not have a presence in the stadium?! I would've settled for a shiner, but no, they had to only carry ziegen, the gay cousin of ****** fluid
techno-ag
AG
Red Pear Felipe said:

Ag with kids said:

ContinentalAg said:

Tanya - any updates from your bar?
Go a message from her...she's in TA jail for a week.

She asked me to let y'all know that her sales are still dropping and she's swapping to Yuengling Flight in addition to the regular Yuengling she gets.

She's still keeping MU because her cooks like it though...
Where is her bar?
She has said in the past that she and her family moved to Columbia Missouri. She has spoken about life in CoMo for years on here. So presumably that is where the bar is that she works at.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

GeorgiAg
AG
My firm got a call from a local guy wanting to sue Budweiser for a "poisoned Bud Light."

Nah.
Buzzy
techno-ag said:

Red Pear Felipe said:

Ag with kids said:

ContinentalAg said:

She asked me to let y'all know that her sales are still dropping and she's swapping to Yuengling Flight in addition to the regular Yuengling she gets.

Where is her bar?
She has said in the past that she and her family moved to Columbia Missouri. She has spoken about life in CoMo for years on here. So presumably that is where the bar is that she works at.

She moved to Columbia to pursue her Masters at Mizzou. Remember that Mizzou had the poop swastika and fake racial incidents that caused protests and a wholesale drop in student attendance when the university tried to go woke.
Wild West Pimp Style
munch96
AG
Is that similar to a mouse in a beer bottle?

Ag with kids
AG
GeorgiAg said:

My firm got a call from a local guy wanting to sue Budweiser for a "poisoned Bud Light."

Nah.

DAMMIT! Got beat!
Ag with kids
AG
Buzzy said:

techno-ag said:

Red Pear Felipe said:

Ag with kids said:

ContinentalAg said:

Where is her bar?

She moved to Columbia to pursue her Masters at Mizzou. Remember that Mizzou had the poop swastika and fake racial incidents that caused protests and a wholesale drop in student attendance when the university tried to go woke.
I don't remember THAT being the reason...

I could be wrong, though.
ABATTBQ11
AG
aezmvp said:

aggielostinETX said:

ContinentalAg said:

Probably three weeks of meetings and 10, 000 emails exchanged to finally settle on this turd of an idea.

As an executive, she probably has a contract preventing it. She'll just be on leave forever.
Txhuntr
AG
The sporting arena contracts are going to be hard to break through. The HEB center in cedar park only had bud heavy, bud light, ultra, and Karbach tonight. I chose to wait until I got home to drink a few beers. Was definitely cheaper, but dammit I almost felt like mulvany since I was watching a sporting event without drinking a beer
Ag with kids
AG
Txhuntr said:

The sporting arena contracts are going to be hard to break through. The HEB center in cedar park only had bud heavy, bud light, ultra, and Karbach tonight. I chose to wait until I got home to drink a few beers. Was definitely cheaper, but dammit I almost felt like mulvany since I was watching a sporting event without drinking a beer
Whataburger Field here in Corpus has a Whataburger AND hard liquor.

I mean, it's no Levy and InBev venue, but we'll have to do...
Showertime at the Bidens
ABATTBQ11 said:

aezmvp said:

aggielostinETX said:

ContinentalAg said:

As an executive, she probably has a contract preventing it. She'll just be on leave forever.

Executives at that level very very rarely get fired. They're told in private they need to look for a new position. It's an unwritten rule because companies are so afraid if they don't let the exec save face they won't be able to recruit good talent.

Once they reach a certain level, no matter how poorly an executive does, they will always be able to find another job somewhere. I could tell you a few stories.
agent-maroon
AG
If there was ever a face that couldn't be saved, one would have to think it would be her's.

Seriously, what kind of dumbass would hire her for any kind of marketing position? She's got to at least take some sort of a career redirection, right?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Buzzy
Ag with kids said:

Txhuntr said:

Whataburger Field here in Corpus has a Whataburger AND hard liquor.

I mean, it's no Levy and InBev venue, but we'll have to do...
No need to rub their faces in it
Wild West Pimp Style
CDUB98
AG
agent-maroon said:

If there was ever a face that couldn't be saved, one would have to think it would be her's.

Seriously, what kind of dumbass would hire her for any kind of marketing position? She's got to at least take some sort of a career redirection, right?

Plenty of woke companies will hire her. Don't underestimate the power of the ESG score.
powerbelly
AG
CDUB98 said:

agent-maroon said:

Plenty of woke companies will hire her. Don't underestimate the power of the ESG score.
I expect her to pop up at a liberal think tank or ngo.
agent-maroon
AG
CDUB98 said:

agent-maroon said:

I don't understand a world where ESG > $$$ but you're probably correct
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDUB98
AG
I understand. We don't live in a Marxist delusion 24/7.
NASAg03
powerbelly said:

CDUB98 said:

agent-maroon said:

I expect her to pop up at a liberal think tank or ngo.
She's now a bigger victim and will keep telling her story of being a victim and some large organization will be a hero for saving this victim, and the left will all pat themselves on the back for it.

Of course she's going to get a sweeter job and keep failing upwards. Just look at VPOTUS.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Stat Monitor Repairman
Do people that fail upwards know that they are failing upwards and just roll with it?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG

Do people that fail upwards know that they are failing upwards and just roll with it?

When you keep getting paid more money does it really feel like failing?
Stat Monitor Repairman
You right.
Urban Ag
AG
Zarathustra said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

aezmvp said:

aggielostinETX said:

ContinentalAg said:

Executives at that level very very rarely get fired. They're told in private they need to look for a new position. It's an unwritten rule because companies are so afraid if they don't let the exec save face they won't be able to recruit good talent.

Once they reach a certain level, no matter how poorly an executive does, they will always be able to find another job somewhere. I could tell you a few stories.

This was absolutely my experience as well. Poor performing execs would just get shuffled and re-purposed somewhere else with in the company. In some cases demoted. In the very rare event they were fired, they were never really officially fired, the "left to pursue other opportunities" or "retired" and even then that was the exception. Always baffled me.
Urban Ag
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

When you keep getting paid more money does it really feel like failing?
We called it FUMU

F*** Up
Move Up

CDUB98
AG
Maybe that's why I can't get promoted. I don't **** up.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

This was absolutely my experience as well. Poor performing execs would just get shuffled and re-purposed somewhere else with in the company. In some cases demoted. In the very rare event they were fired, they were never really officially fired, the "left to pursue other opportunities" or "retired" and even then that was the exception. Always baffled me.

Those low performing execs have lots of inside info that could harm the company if it got out. That's the only reason I can think of for keeping high $$$ but low performing people.
techno-ag
AG
Ag with kids said:

Buzzy said:

techno-ag said:

Red Pear Felipe said:

Ag with kids said:

ContinentalAg said:

Where is her bar?

I don't remember THAT being the reason...

I could be wrong, though.
I recollect hubs got RIFed in the big IT privatization push, because I thought privatization was a good thing at the time and she fussed about it. Then she said on here he picked up a spot at Mizzou doing something similar or somewhat and they packed up for CoMo.

But yeah these were online conversations from years ago. Definitely could be wrong.
American Hardwood
AG

I think of Bill Clinton with this. I think he knew he was over his head but had so much inertia behind him pushing him to be President he just went along for the ride. I think he was there for the parties, not so much to govern. Hillary on the other hand....
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
CDUB98 said:

Nobody believes this, buddy.
CDUB98
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

CDUB98 said:

Nobody believes this, buddy.
You best believe yo mama!!
bonfarr
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Those low performing execs have lots of inside info that could harm the company if it got out. That's the only reason I can think of for keeping high $$$ but low performing people.

This is like the Japanese custom of the window seat. When an executive failed they don't get fired, they get pushed to a meaningless position with low responsibility so they call it a window seat where they spend the rest of their career aimlessly staring out their office window in shame.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
JABQ04
AG
I thought you were going somewhere else with this window seat, but I guess that's what I get for JUMPING to conclusions.
one MEEN Ag
AG
bonfarr said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

This is like the Japanese custom of the window seat. When an executive failed they don't get fired, they get pushed to a meaningless position with low responsibility so they call it a window seat where they spend the rest of their career aimlessly staring out their office window in shame.
Also called putting you in your zen garden. Same concept. Just don't do crap and let the weight of your shame stay over you.

Americans would love such an arrangement.
agent-maroon
AG
Americans are no longer familiar with the concept of shame. I feel like shame is now viewed as a weakness or at the very least as a negative personal issue

Yeah, I'm really that old...
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.