Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,865 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nortex97 said:

Bud Light's score on that must pre-date Alissa Heinerscheid's hiring/firing/work.

I don't know of even any friends of a friend who have had a BL since the 'incident' where they pissed on their own customers.
Yes, this is from several years back.
Serious Lee
https://www.gbnews.com/news/bud-light-now-being-snubbed-by-lgbt-bars-in-latest-twist-in-dylan-mulvaney-trans-row

now the alphabet cult is turning on them.
BassCowboy33
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Wild that Busch and Busch light skew opposite ends of the spectrum.
But neither of their drinkers appear to vote, lol.
An L of an Ag
AG
But they both outvote malt liquor!
BassCowboy33
The latest sales numbers.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-stock-downgrade-anheuser-busch-sales/
Quote:

Parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) sold $71.5 million worth of Bud Light in the week ending April 29, a 23% drop compared to a year ago, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting. Budweiser sales totaled $31.5 million that same week, down roughly 11%, the firm said. Sales of other Anheuser-Busch brands including Michelob Ultra, Busch Light and Natural Light have also taken a hit.
Quote:

That's led Wall Street analysts to call the episode a "crisis" and downgrade the company's stock to "hold." In a note Thursday, analysts at HSBC said the Bud Light sales slump might be worse than reported, and that beverage distributors are considering distancing themselves from the brand.
Quote:

The fall in Bud Light sales in the U.S. in the first three weeks of April would represent roughly 1% ABI's global sales for that period, Doukeris noted.
Stat Monitor Repairman
How many local bars and restaurants have Bud Light neon signs, merch and so forth up? Went to a joint the other day where they had removed all their bud light branded beer buckets. Wondering if non corp owners are really distancing themselves from the brand.
BassCowboy33
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

How many local bars and restaurants have Bud Light neon signs, merch and so forth up? Went to a joint the other day where they had removed all their bud light branded beer buckets. Wondering if non corp owners are really distancing themselves from the brand.
Trying to distance from controversy. Unfortunately, we live in a world where everything is political (and its something that younger generations want, but I loathe), so someone is going to make it political. Therefore, the best business decision is to avoid the controversy altogether.

Bud Light brought this upon themselves.
AgDad121619
AG
"Therefore, the best business decision is to avoid the controversy altogether."

That is what all businesses should be doing - shareholders of InBev should be demanding changes since they abandoned their fiduciary duty
BassCowboy33
AgDad121619 said:

"Therefore, the best business decision is to avoid the controversy altogether."

That is what all businesses should be doing - shareholders of InBev should be demanding changes since they abandoned their fiduciary duty
The problem with doing changes is it will now be seen as a backtrack, which is itself a political statement. Almost nothing you can do will NOT be construed as political.
ProgN
Mom was just at HEB and saw Yuengling Flight being restocked and picked some up for me because she knows I switched from MU and it's usually sold out.
CS78
23% drop in sales. I don't believe that at all. More like 75%. They'll be really lucky if its only 23% in five years. Would anyone be surprised to find out later that they cooked the books to hide the damage?
powerbelly
AG
CS78 said:

23% drop in sales. I don't believe that at all. More like 75%. They'll be really lucky if its only 23% in five years. Would anyone be surprised to find out later that they cooked the books to hide the damage?

It wouldn't surprise me that they have shipped 23% less to distributors. I would love to see distributors' sales numbers.
aggielostinETX
AG
powerbelly said:

CS78 said:

It wouldn't surprise me that they have shipped 23% less to distributors. I would love to see distributors' sales numbers.

And store sales. I guarantee it's stacking up but there's only so much space.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
deddog
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

In case anyone ever wondered about beer on a political scale, here is the latest I could find on politics and alcohol.

Unsurprisingly, vodka and Rum more unifying than Joe Biden.
doubledog
Stat Monitor Repairman

Well they got me.

Wipped in the U-totem to get me an ice cold Coca Cola. Crack it. Take a couple of sips and put it in the cupholder. Start looking at it closer and I been drinking trans coke.

Y'all stay safe out there.
techno-ag
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

The latest sales numbers.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-stock-downgrade-anheuser-busch-sales/
Quote:

Parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) sold $71.5 million worth of Bud Light in the week ending April 29, a 23% drop compared to a year ago, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting. Budweiser sales totaled $31.5 million that same week, down roughly 11%, the firm said. Sales of other Anheuser-Busch brands including Michelob Ultra, Busch Light and Natural Light have also taken a hit.
Quote:

That's led Wall Street analysts to call the episode a "crisis" and downgrade the company's stock to "hold." In a note Thursday, analysts at HSBC said the Bud Light sales slump might be worse than reported, and that beverage distributors are considering distancing themselves from the brand.
Quote:

The fall in Bud Light sales in the U.S. in the first three weeks of April would represent roughly 1% ABI's global sales for that period, Doukeris noted.

Knew a guy who always drank Natty. He said his brother worked at the Bud plant and according to him when they had an overrun of BL they dumped it into the Natty vats. Either way, it was cheaper than BL because Natty gets little or no advertising dollars spent on it.

I agreed they both tasted about the same.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

bonfarr
AG
aggielostinETX said:

powerbelly said:

CS78 said:

And store sales. I guarantee it's stacking up but there's only so much space.

I'll run an analysis on my locations and report back here.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
dreyOO
powerbelly said:

CS78 said:

I'm assuming there are a lot of contracts that forced some big purchases. But agree, it's gotta be stacking up somewhere. I don't see bud light ANYWHERE
TexasAggiesWin
S
ProgN said:

Mom was just at HEB and saw Yuengling Flight being restocked and picked some up for me because she knows I switched from MU and it's usually sold out.
Happy Mother's Day, Ma!

Isosceles_Kramer
This can't be true. We were told the non-binary youth and much more socially aware youth would pick up the slack. Boomers be damned
Aston04
AG
dreyOO said:

powerbelly said:

CS78 said:

I'm assuming there are a lot of contracts that forced some big purchases. But agree, it's gotta be stacking up somewhere. I don't see bud light ANYWHERE
Pretty obvious manipulation going on to try to minimize appearances of the boycott. InBev knows if people feel it's working- that feeds into even more people sticking to it and the flip side is true.

In my opinion, that's also what has happened with their stock. They can blab all they want about it not being a big deal as a percentage of sales... But of course it is a big deal. Bud Light (was) the #1 beer in America. A big boycott of their number one brand in their best market is going to sting over time, I don't care what they say... And eventually, institutional investors/possible company share buybacks will eventually not be able to prop it up any longer. They are just hoping to ride the waive, keep the stock price up and use that as a talking point too about how the boycott is not a big deal.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Suffering continues…..

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
MemphisAg1
AG
ProgN said:

That's my new beer that replaced BL. They were sold out at HEB. Of course I wouldn't disrespect anyone's mother, but dang it... Yuengling needs to get on the ball and restock those shelves!
ntxVol
My watering hole has $1 BL drafts today. Trying to drain the keg which is being replaced with Lone Star.
KidDoc
AG
Had some wings at Twin Peaks in Aggieland today and heard the manager chatting about how bud lite really f'd themselves.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EskimoJoe
TX_COWDOC said:

Suffering continues…..

my local candy store looks just like that, and they are out of Yuengling.
zephyr88
AG
I just got back from a graduation dinner with friends. Outdoor dining with lots of beer bottles on everyone's tables (not just ours). The 'ban' still continues... I saw lots of Shiner Bock, Miller Lite and Michelob Ultra bottles (yah, I realize who owns Michelob), but there wasn't a single Bud Light bottle in sight.
ProgN
TexasAggiesWin said:

ProgN said:

Happy Mother's Day, Ma!

That's funny and I did leave that setup. She dropped it off at my own house, I don't live in her basement. I'd bet I'm older than you my friend, but I respect that you took advantage of my mistake.
TRM
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bud light is paying people $0.02 cents to drink bud light.
Kenneth_2003
AG
CS78 said:

A comment was buried in the Q1 Conference Call that stands out. They're comparing sales numbers YoY. BUT BUT BUT they've had a price hike since last year that bolstered "sales" and improved margins.

So yes, sales volume would be down by greater than 23%.
That said, even at 23%, there is no way that isn't affecting brewing/manufacturing. There's no way they can be stacking that much excess inventory.
74OA
AG
Oooops!
An L of an Ag
AG
Good stuff! But I think you clicked the wrong thread.
Sea Speed
AG
Russians probably drink bud light
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.