Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,262 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
CyclingAg82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jack Squat 83 said:

I'm old and don't care so I'll say it.

This prancing fairy who is splattered all over every f-in website or media represents in one freaky package the latest greatest culture war the left is waging on normal Americans who want themselves and especially their kids left the hell alone.

Bud light decided we needed more of it.

The dividing line has become "Normal vs. Crazy" (per Sarah Huckabee Sanders in the State of the Union rebuttal), not R vs. d.
Tanya 93
Kenneth_2003 said:

BTW, has there been any update on your employee you posted about awhile back? Hope she's doing well.

I didn't realize until this thread you were running a bar/restaurant.

She has a restraining order and he was arrested.

I think he bailed out but she has protection.
Everyone she works with is making sure he never approaches her again.

And some of us have guns
mosdefn14
AG
Observations from a school fundraiser auction in fort worth last night.

Bud light bottles were on an elevated and back lit display behind both bars. Didn't see a single person drinking one. Lots of lone star tall boys and Mexican beers.
Trajan88
AG
Bud Light / A-B / InBev should take a page from Smith & Wesson on how it should be done.

techno-ag
AG
Trajan88 said:

Bud Light / A-B / InBev should take a page from Smith & Wesson on how it should be done.

Yup. Smith & Wesson lost serious market share in the 90s when they capitulated to the Clinton gun lock scheme. It took a few years and new owners to bring them back.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Squadron7
AG
GeorgiAg said:

She's just taking a leave of absence. Probably to come up with another brilliant marketing campaign. Like maybe incorporating Hitler in the next ad.

For Hebrew National Kosher Hot Dogs.
lb3
AG
I think the boycott is petering out. I saw a woman buy two Bud 40s last night with her lotto tickets.
agent-maroon
AG
A "woman", eh? Are you 100% sure about that?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nortex97
AG
Lol. Grills owner is right.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/from-country-stars-to-restaurant-chains-the-bud-light-backlash-isnt-slowing-down
Ag with kids
AG
Squadron7 said:

GeorgiAg said:

She's just taking a leave of absence. Probably to come up with another brilliant marketing campaign. Like maybe incorporating Hitler in the next ad.

For Hebrew National Kosher Hot Dogs.
Now...made with 100% PORK!!!!
45-70Ag
AG
ProgN
Tanya 93 said:

I have noticed a drop at the restaurant. A lot more Dos XX and little Modelo.
Bud Light has been falling since we got Yuengling. And those sales climbed even more this last week.

Selling more Coors Light bottles than Bud Light and more Shiner Bock drafts than Bud Light or Michelob Ultra.

Will be interested in seeing how this plays out this summer.
Yuengling is going to be a big winner after BL fup. Yuengling Flight shelves are bare at all the stores around here, while Ultra is fully stocked. People are switching.
BenFiasco14
AG
Ok I love the anecdotal reports so I'm gonna add another.

Went to see the Rangers play baseball today in Arlington. As we're walking to our seats I ask my fianc, "hey want to grab a drink?" The closest bar only had bud light and Michelob on draft. I said "Nah, they only have bud light let's go somewhere else" and some random passerbyer heard me and gave me a good "hell yeah brother".

While it's impossible to know what's in people's cups, any fridges around we're still stocked to the rim with bud light and everything else had been decently picked off. Didn't see a single bud light draft pour for what it's worth.

Almost got Hopadillo on draft but Karbach is part of AB, so I went with Ziegenbock for the day. Hope they're not bud light too… lol
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TRM
AG
Ziegenbock is owned by AB.
TX04Aggie
AG
We had a large family gathering this weekend. People came from all over country for a funeral. The hang out was all non AB beer, almost 100 of us and we all were on same page and drank a lot of shiner, yuengling and some local stuff. My cousin was a big BL guy and hopped onto YL train after this issue. I was surprised so many people were aware in this crowd and all were on same page.
Tanya 93
ProgN said:

Tanya 93 said:

I have noticed a drop at the restaurant. A lot more Dos XX and little Modelo.
Bud Light has been falling since we got Yuengling. And those sales climbed even more this last week.

Selling more Coors Light bottles than Bud Light and more Shiner Bock drafts than Bud Light or Michelob Ultra.

Will be interested in seeing how this plays out this summer.
Yuengling is going to be a big winner after BL fup. Yuengling Flight shelves are bare at all the stores around here, while Ultra is fully stocked. People are switching.

I honestly did not know how big this would be when we replaced Landshark with it.

I am selling multiple pitchers a day of it.
Same thing with the local beers.
Bud Light and Michelob Ultra aren't selling.

Plus, I can sell 18 ounce drafts to go. The big plus of Covidvis the sales of to go beers and Margaritas
TX04Aggie
AG
Am I the only one that didnt know Tanya had a restaurant?! That's cool!
TexasAggiesWin
S
Ellis Wyatt
45-70Ag said:

4 out of 18 in that picture are men. 1 of those is of questionable sexuality, just by appearances. Does that seem like the right makeup of a marketing team for Bud Light? They must really not have had any idea who their customer base WAS.

Hope they're happy with what they did to it.

Tanya 93
I think I am going to gage how much people are boycotting AB tomorrow.

It is Taco Tuesday, so we sell a **** ton of tacos.

I am going to offer 1.50 AB drafts and see if it sells.
If it doesn't I may change my offerings this summer to only BL and find different ones.

I don't care about the Dylan cans/sponsor stuff.

I care about profits
GinMan
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I may change my offerings this summer to only BL and find different ones.

I care about profits

Obviously you DON'T care about profits
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I saw a guy buy a case of Bud Light at HEB on Saturday.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Like somebody pointed out earlier, this ain't a boycott in the traditional sense of the word.

Some of it is a boycott, but the majority of it is people not wanting to be associated with the brand.

Some amount of people don't even give af about the twink n' a tub TikTok ad, they just want to drink a beer and not catch hell.

In other-words, its easier to order a non Bud product than potentially catch hell from anti Bud people.

It was the same deal with masks, it was easier to wear a gd mask to go in the store, than to catch hell trying to deal with confrontational people day-to-day.

AB somehow managed to **** their brand up in a way we've never seen before.

Closest thing to this is when ww2 era wouldn't be seen driving a toyota or honda.

I don't know how AB unrings this bell. They might have just done their-self in with this stupid ****.

One dumbass lady and a small marketing budget destroyed untold billions. May be one of the biggest failures of all time.
Teslag
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

You sure he was a guy?
An L of an Ag
AG
This is correct. I never would have chosen to buy Bud Light over other comparable beers simply because I think it's crappy beer.

Now? I wouldn't drink it if you PAID me, and damn sure wouldn't be caught drinking one.
Tanya 93
GinMan said:

Tanya 93 said:

I may change my offerings this summer to only BL and find different ones.

I care about profits

Obviously you DON'T care about profits

I want to see if reduced prices sells tomorrow

Very simple
Gigem314
AG
Teslag said:

You sure he was a guy?
IslanderAg04

You sure it was a guy?

Edit: laughably, alot of f16 thinks like me. Except on EV's for some.
Mookie
AG

Look everyone, we have a biologist in the house!
Buzzy
Tanya 93 said:

If it doesn't I may change my offerings this summer to only BL and find different ones.

I care about profits
You have a son, right? Do you want him attending a drag show? Do you want men wearing lingerie and getting sexual gratification from it dancing around your son?

Would you have taken him to a drag story hour?
Wild West Pimp Style
HumpitPuryear
AG
Llano Crawfish festival on Saturday. AB must be a sponsor since most of their beverages were AB. So it was hard to avoid buying something AB. Lots of Ultra being sold. I didn't see a single Bud light can anywhere except on the ice in the beer tent. I had a Real Ale IPA.
YouBet
AG
The Bud Light product itself might take a hit although I'm not even convinced of that. Stock is only down a $1.25 from when this happened and their market cap is almost back to where it was when this started.

They are a top 100 company on the planet. They arent going anywhere. I do hope people continue to avoid it though.
aTm2004
AG
Buzzy said:

Tanya 93 said:

I care about profits
You have a son, right? Do you want him attending a drag show? Do you want men wearing lingerie and getting sexual gratification from it dancing around your son?

Drag shows are now nothing more than going to a titty bar and seeing a man dance around.
will25u
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fmr-anheuser-busch-exec-bud-light-marketing-vp-taking-leave-absence-accountable

Quote:

The company has also hired two consultants with experience in Washington, D.C.'s, conservative circles to advise the brand moving forward.

Former Anheuser-Busch executive Anson Frericks reacted to the decision during an appearance on "Fox & Friends Weekend," arguing that counting on conservative consumers to forget the controversy is the "wrong bet to make."

"That's the bet they're making. I think that's the wrong bet to make. And I think now is the time to go back and, for companies like Anheuser-Busch, to say that, 'Hey, moving forward for brands like Bud Light, we're not going to be political. We're not going to get involved in the environmental social governance movement because that's not what the customer wants,'" Frericks told co-host Will Cain on Sunday.
Tanya 93
Buzzy said:

Tanya 93 said:

I care about profits

I have been to Drag shows.
They were fun.

Would I take my son?
No. He wouldn't be remotely interested and I am not wasting money or time on something he won't like.
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.