Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,727 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
TexAg1987
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How long is the freshness date of the items stocked when all this started?

Eventually they will need to pull it all and won't be re-stocking at near the rate. Maybe a big sale right before that happens?

Production surely has slowed down already.

Eventually they won't occupy the shelf space and something else will start to take it.
aTm2004
AG
TexAg1987 said:

How long is the freshness date of the items stocked when all this started?

Eventually they will need to pull it all and won't be re-stocking at near the rate. Maybe a big sale right before that happens?

Production surely has slowed down already.

Eventually they won't occupy the shelf space and something else will start to take it.
This is also something many haven't thought about. They most likely have volume commitments to their raw material suppliers for better pricing, so a week or two of little to no turn and slowed production could jeopardize meeting those commitments. Suppliers of needed materials like corrugate, aluminum, bottles, barley, etc. I'm sure they have built in some kind of safety net for lines being down for maintenance, etc, but that would be localized, not nationwide.
ac04
brutal

Quote:

Bud Light Drop Steepened to Double Digits in Latest Week; Lost Almost 4 Share of Premium Segment

Bud Light volume fell 11% for 1 week thru Apr 8 vs year ago in NielsenIQ data from Bump Williams Consulting, the first week following the continuing controversy over AB's use of Dylan Mulvaney as an influencer (though not as part of any campaign). True, this is just 1 week, and week-by-week sales fluctuate for all kinds of reasons. But steeper drop still notable because that's double the yr-to-date volume decline rate (-5.6%) and occurred in week when total industry and premium light improved. Plus Coors Light and Miller Lite got strong volume growth, up 5.5% and 11.7% respectively. Bud Light lost 3.7 share of premium segment for 1 week in cases and $$, compared to loss of 0.8 share yr-to-date.

Industry volume up 1% in latest week and $$ up 5.6%, compared to volume down 1.7% and $$ up 3.8% YTD in this data set. Trends for 1 week bolstered because Easter a week earlier this yr than last, but next week that comp reverses (going against Easter last yr), so data could be tough.

AB Total $$ Sales Flat For 1 Week, But Big Share Loss; Down 1.8 Share of $$, Under 34 In all, AB $$ sales held even during this week of big Bud Light declines ($$ down 5.6%). But what's got to be concerning is the accelerated share loss. While total AB $$ sales up 2.3% YTD thru Apr 8 and lost 0.6 share to 35.4, AB lost 1.8 share of $$ to 33.6 for 1 week. So even if just a short-term blip, AB $$ sales down to 1/3 of industry in latest week.

Bud Light Averaged Approx 440K Bbls a Week; A Little Context Bud Light reached ~22.7 mil bbls shipped in US last year (not including exports) and AB shipped 80 mil bbls total, INSIGHTS estimates. That means AB shipped about 440K bbls of Bud Light in an avg week. Presuming last week was roughly average, with a 6% drop, it would have lost 27K bbls, but with an 11% drop about 50K bbls. Anecdotal reports suggest drops more severe on-premise, so overall trend could have been steeper. Still, though short-term volume drops are concerning, they are far from catastrophic. Longer-term effect of controversy won't be known for several weeks and/or months. Dave Williams of Bump Williams Consulting suggested "the biggest story is more in the share than absolute trends."
Tanya 93
I have noticed a drop at the restaurant. A lot more Dos XX and little Modelo.
Bud Light has been falling since we got Yuengling. And those sales climbed even more this last week.

Selling more Coors Light bottles than Bud Light and more Shiner Bock drafts than Bud Light or Michelob Ultra.

Will be interested in seeing how this plays out this summer.
NASAg03
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
aezmvp
DrEvazanPhD said:

Bubblez said:

I helped out Karbach this weekend. Goose Island as well.

Don't lie. You had a white claw with your pinky in the air
That's Boboguitar.
TyHolden
AG

powerbelly
AG
This guy nailed it

Bulldog73
AG
boboguitar said:

Just looked at the AB stock..

Seems like they are doing very well.
Losing 2 1/2 % of their value in the last 2 weeks is "doing very well"? Don't make much money in your investment portfolio, do you?
TAMU1990
AG
I keep thinking this Ad Exec had to be a Democratic plant because no one is this stupid. No business skills at all. AB is a company with a history of donating to Republicans.
Txhuntr
AG
And now throwing woke bs in front of their clients who by and large across this country hate that crap. They want to even start setting things right…fire the AOC lookalike
Dan Scott
AG
Txhuntr
AG
That dude moved more bud light than the rest of the country the last 2 weeks
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I knew this Bud Light debacle sounded familiar.

beer

This was a funny movie. If I remember correctly, there was a controversy about the "poster boys" for this purported "macho" beer brand that resulted in the company changing tactics at the end and marketing themselves to the "sensitive" (gay) crowd.

I need to see if I can find this movie somewhere and rewatch it.
The Fife
Dan Scott said:

He wasn't even throwing Bud Light. Or Bud anything for that matter.
TRM
AG
Looked like Busch cases to me.
The Fife
Yep, that's what I saw. Ignoring the Bud Ice immediately to his right to go after even more Busch. That's what makes me think this is an older video.
Nanomachines son
NASAg03 said:

Just as I predicted, it's become a peer pressure thing to not drink it. This will accelerate now that it's widely known as the tr*nny beer.
duck79
AG
Marketing VP took "a leave of absence" today and was replaced. The marketing dept was also restructured and it sounds like everything must now be approved at all levels before being sent out.
AgBQ-00
AG
Transheuser Busch is the best meme I've seen come out of this
agent-maroon
AG
In before the VP leaving is normal and to be expected after such a successful marketing campaign & AB is doing fine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TChaney

Not real but wouldn't be surprised if it was.
AnScAggie
AG
duck79 said:

Marketing VP took "a leave of absence" today and was replaced. The marketing dept was also restructured and it sounds like everything must now be approved at all levels before being sent out.
I completely believe this. Also, not surprised google makes this impossible to find.
buzzardb267
AG
For what it's worth!

Quote:

According to Adage: "Alissa Heinerscheid, marketing VP for the brand since June 2022, has taken a leave of absence, the brewer confirmed, and will be replaced by Todd Allen, who was most recently global marketing VP for Budweiser.

MAGAConservatives Website
"ROGER - OUT"
Franklin Comes Alive!
TChaney said:

I'd respect their sorry ass a little more if it was real
Nanomachines son
Ag with kids
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Quote:

She has decided to take a leave of absence...
BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sure she did.
APHIS AG
Franklin Comes Alive! said:

TChaney said:

I'd respect their sorry ass a little more if it was real
This is something that a liberal corporation would do. If you cannot woo back your customers through positive advertising, insult them back.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

This is something that a liberal corporation would do
Right? They're sitting in their ivory tower thinking that they just haven't pissed everybody off enough and sales won't pick up until they do.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgResearch
AG
Ag with kids said:

Quote:

She has decided to take a leave of absence...
BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sure she did.
....to interview for other jobs and get paid to leave
nortex97
AG
No 'Trans-fer' to another job? Maybe she just identifies as unemployed?

LOL.
Tanya 93
Between 9am and 6pm yesterday, I sold 1 bottle of Bud Light, 1 Busch Light draft, and 1 Modelo draft

That is not normal

I will say people are buying the more expensive drafts now.

I am keeping the AB drafts for now, but if this downturn continues, I will find something else. Beer sales are important
Kenneth_2003
AG
BTW, has there been any update on your employee you posted about awhile back? Hope she's doing well.

I didn't realize until this thread you were running a bar/restaurant.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
Where's your restaurant?
GeorgiAg
AG
She's just taking a leave of absence. Probably to come up with another brilliant marketing campaign. Like maybe incorporating Hitler in the next ad.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.