Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,769 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
StandUpforAmerica
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Viper16jr
AG
Was at a charity event last night for The Miracle League of San Antonio.

"Free beer" essentially.

Nothing but Bud Light leftover in the tubs.... couldn't even give it away... lmao.

Anheuser-Busch.... those Bud's are just for you.
“We're Americans, we'd rather die on our feet, than live on our knees."
agent-maroon
AG
Looking at you corporate "woke" America:

Are you getting the message yet?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
I am always wrong
agent-maroon said:

They know. They just don't care.
APHIS AG
I am always wrong said:

agent-maroon said:

As long as corporations have to answer to shareholders, yes they do care for the bottom line is still the number one factor that moves mountains.
I am always wrong
APHIS AG said:

I am always wrong said:

agent-maroon said:

As long as corporations have to answer to shareholders, yes they do care for the bottom line is still the number one factor that moves mountains.

Wrong. Our leftist government has made sure that corporations answering to the altar of fascist leftism is more important than answering to shareholders. The people pushing this leftist garbage don't care about the institutions they ruin. Everything is just a tool to implement their twisted doctrine. They will (and have consistently) done the opposite of what would be good for shareholders in the name of political correctness, and they aren't going to stop. These fascists will run anything straight into the ground, money be damned, if it means accomplishing a political goal.
agent-maroon
AG
Unless you think that this administration would be stupid enough to bail out a beer company like they did GM, then these fascists are only going to fascist until the money runs out. I personally don't believe there's a bail out coming, but I guess we'll see.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bubblez
I helped out Karbach this weekend. Goose Island as well.
The BroManDingo
I've drank all Miller and Dos Equis this week. Good times and also a Nieces B-day party.
I will continue on that path. But starting to rethink my priorities in general. Busch was my go to…was cheap and easy and didn't taste bad at all. Absolutely done with AB. Won't ever go back at this point.

Idk what the hell is going on with society other than the obvious, but it needs to stop…today alone…pizza delivery "guy" was a woman. When I opened door my initial thought was it was a boy too young to be working. Soon as I said hello I knew it was a woman. I've had this experience at the closest Starbucks as well as the local convenient store. The first being a trans man and the next being a woman.

You can't hide it…no matter how you try.
The BroManDingo
BigRobSA
agent-maroon said:

Unless you think that this administration would be stupid enough to bail out a beer company like they did GM, then these fascists are only going to fascist until the money runs out. I personally don't believe there's a bail out coming, but I guess we'll see.

Straight bail out, like GM?

No

"Now introducing the exclusive beer company for all NCO and Officer's clubs on bases/posts....", etc
Ginormus Ag
AG
Someone with better skills than me needs to make a "Real men of genius" commercial. Here's to you woke advertising executive who cost your company not only billions, but did what prohibition couldn't do!
DrEvazanPhD
Bubblez said:

Don't lie. You had a white claw with your pinky in the air
Nanomachines son
agent-maroon said:

This is one arena where it's easy to boycott. Just drink another beer is really easy for most people. This is also why it's very easy to kill your brand with marketing.
Jeeper79
AG
Bubblez said:

Goose Island is legit.
American Hardwood
AG
Thank God Yuengling made the recent move to distribute in Texas. Miller and Coors aren't much better than AB in the woke department IMO. They just got lucky they didn't have the hot potato in hand when the time ran out. Yuengling Light or Flight are both excellent alternatives to any of the other American light lager macro brews that generally suck anyway. And of course Lone Star will be an option as long as Pabst doesn't screw up as well which seems unlikely after this debacle.
cbr
AG
Lol how many of us were at goose island!?

Anyway, maybe thats a beer too.

But fwiw, i only saw 1 bud light can all weekend.
boboguitar
AG
Just looked at the AB stock..

Seems like they are doing very well.
BudFox7
Yup I'm sure they're feeling great. That's why they released their america ra-ra commercial
Buzzy
boboguitar said:

I think people are buying other beers AB owns while avoiding Bud Light.
Wild West Pimp Style
Pookers
AG
Buzzy said:

boboguitar said:

I think people are buying other beers AB owns while avoiding Bud Light.
Yep, people need to actually look at how much beer is owned by inBev before making beer purchases.
BluHorseShu
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

Meh...People are people and sales will go back up for Bud Light. Plus, AB InBev owns so many other brands, I don't think most people realize that just transitioning to another beer automatically cuts out payment to AB. What I think is funny is that Kid Rock had to purchase the beer he shot up. Bud Lights advertising for the trans crowd was absolutely a stupid move, but I imagine trans people drink Miller and other brands and have for a while. Then you have those who will downplay it bc they love the money AB gives them....NASCAR, Football, DJT Jr......
AGC
AG
BluHorseShu said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

Meh...People are people and sales will go back up for Bud Light. Plus, AB InBev owns so many other brands, I don't think most people realize that just transitioning to another beer automatically cuts out payment to AB. What I think is funny is that Kid Rock had to purchase the beer he shot up. Bud Lights advertising for the trans crowd was absolutely a stupid move, but I imagine trans people drink Miller and other brands and have for a while. Then you have those who will downplay it bc they love the money AB gives them....NASCAR, Football, DJT Jr......

Who do you think is the primary demographic for bud light (hint, the VP talked about who she wanted to get away from)? What are their behaviors? Probably a real forgiving bunch I'm sure.

How does a brand recapture lost beer sales over the course of a month? How does it bring in marginal consumers in the future to grow with this type of stunt? I'll hang up and wait.

AB may own other brands but money talks. Think they want to run off all their customers and poison all their brands? They're not laughing at negative press and lost money. They paid to acquire a brand and now they have to write down a goodwill asset. Plus yes, people know and can avoid their other brands in the era of craft beer. There isn't 100% recapture of this.
Txhuntr
AG
Exactly! What college bro or any dude that has friends for that matter is gonna risk drinking a bud light and be called a trainy ***** by his friends. Bud light has social AIDS at this point
BCG Disciple
AG
Txhuntr said:

Exactly! What college bro or any dude that has friends for that matter is gonna risk drinking a bud light and be called a trainy ***** by his friends. Bud light has social AIDS at this point
I saw this happen first hand at a golf tournament. Poor guy covered it with a napkin and that was the last bud light he'll drink in a social setting for a while. For men who enjoy giving men crap in a social setting, it's such an easy target.
fixer
Another example that you are not allowed to not like other's sexuality.
BD88
AG
boboguitar said:

Maybe recently but over the last 5 years the stock has been cut in half. We will see how it plays out NEXT (2Q23) earnings report.

DallasAg 94
BDUB95
boboguitar said:

Wait for earnings this quarter, then check.
BD88
AG
BDUB95 said:

boboguitar said:

Wait for earnings this quarter, then check.
It likely will be 2nd quarter before seeing the issues in earnings.
TRM
AG
My brother told me none of the AB brands are selling in Missouri. It's going to be bad.
aTm2004
AG
BluHorseShu said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

True, but the lost sales will never recover. People aren't going to decide to buy Bud Light again and then buy double what they normally would to make up for what they didn't drink. Those lost sales are gone and will never come back. This could potentially be the difference between AB meeting their numbers and not, thus bonus payouts, not only to execs, but other employees could possibly be lower.
Texas Yarddog
AG
I wonder what AB's contracts with distributors say about someone from the main office doing something stupid and tanking the product. Even if AB-INBEV IS only 40-50% of your sales as a distributor because you also carry Miller-Coors and some crafts, that has got to be a massive hit for the people that stock the shelves.

Wonder if they have a damages clause or something.
jr15aggie
AG
I dunno, I'm pretty sure this has done irreparable damage and they will have diminished sales for the next few years if not longer.

Take me for example... I never use to buy Bud Light, but I started buying it on occasion after touring their huge facility in St. Louis a few years ago. But they lost my business... how many other casual Budweiser consumers will simply make other choices now? I bet a majority of them which will translate to an unfathomable amount of $.

ac04
Texas Yarddog said:

I wonder what AB's contracts with distributors say about someone from the main office doing something stupid and tanking the product. Even if AB-INBEV IS only 40-50% of your sales as a distributor because you also carry Miller-Coors and some crafts, that has got to be a massive hit for the people that stock the shelves.

Wonder if they have a damages clause or something.
distributors are either AB or MillerCoors. i'm not aware of any that carry both.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.