Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

450,344 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Sea Speed
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For all of y'all touting stock price...here's what InBev owns WORLDWIDE...

InBev Brands

However...here are the top selling BEERS in the world...

Quote:

5. Skol

4. Bud Light

3. Tsingtao

2. Budweiser

1. Snow

Three of the top 5 are InBev brands...

And, as the poster earlier stated...this is not a "boycott". People aren't buying because it's the gay beer...and the BL/Budweiser crowd are NOT the type to like that...
Buzzy
AGGIEZ99 said:

ac04 said:

Quote:

RAGEPOSTING CONTINUES. Is it enough? If you judge by the response on social media, particularly twitter, the answer is no. The outrage online has been remarkable in its strength and longevity. As AdAge writes, "the backlash against Bud Light was particularly fierce, and long-lasting, compared with typical flare-ups." And as beer companies have been publicly and loudly supporting LGBTQ+ for years, why did this particular promo catch fire?

Because the majority is sick of being force-fed the left's clown show...
Because everyone, even the ****king t-r-a-n-n-i-e-s, hates Dylan Mulvaney. The people claiming it is a backlash against trans (so they can write it off as tran-s-p-h-obia) ignore the fact that sales collapsed in Hell's Kitchen, a gay stronghold. Why? Because the gays hate Mulvaney, too. Bud Light managed to hire the one influencer that literally everyone out there despises. Even other t-r-ans people hate Mulvaney.
Wild West Pimp Style
aTm2004
AG
Zarathustra said:

aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

For those keeping score at home:

AB stock
Today + 0.2%
Week + 1.6%
Month + 4.6%
Year + 10.74%
5 Year - 36.45%

I'm sure the middle management and hourly folks who probably won't get a bonus this year give a rats ass about their stock growth over the past 5 years.

lol wut?

"Hey guys, due to our royal **** up, we missed our numbers, so that annual 10/15/20/25% bonus you normally get will not happen this year. But hey, our stock is up over 35% over the last 5 years!"

What do you think means more to the people making $65k/yr?
techno-ag
AG
aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

AB stock
Today + 0.2%
Week + 1.6%
Month + 4.6%
Year + 10.74%
5 Year - 36.45%

I'm sure the middle management and hourly folks who probably won't get a bonus this year give a rats ass about their stock growth over the past 5 years.

lol wut?

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Showertime at the Bidens
aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

AB stock
Today + 0.2%
Week + 1.6%
Month + 4.6%
Year + 10.74%
5 Year - 36.45%

lol wut?

"Hey guys, due to our royal **** up, we missed our numbers, so that annual 10/15/20/25% bonus you normally get will not happen this year. But hey, our stock is up over 35% over the last 5 years!"

That's negative -36%
aTm2004
AG
Zarathustra said:

aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

aTm2004 said:

Zarathustra said:

AB stock
Today + 0.2%
Week + 1.6%
Month + 4.6%
Year + 10.74%
5 Year - 36.45%

lol wut?

That's negative -36%

Oh sheet! My bad.

Redassag94
AG
Here in Colorado, I stopped by Daveco which their claim to fame is that they are the largest liquor store in the country. Chatted with the manger about Bud Light. He said Bud Light is dead it's not moving at all.

Thought this was interesting. It's one thing to read about it in Twitter, but to hear it from the beer manager at the country's largest liquor is another thing.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
Showertime at the Bidens

Same here. Everywhere I go I don't see anyone drinking Bud Light. It's a lot more than 20% reduction in sales.
powerbelly
AG
Zarathustra said:

Same here. Everywhere I go I don't see anyone drinking Bud Light. It's a lot more than 20% reduction in sales.

Are bud light reported sales captured when they sell to a distributor or at retail?
CDUB98
AG
My first assumption is distributor as that is the literal transfer of revenue for accounting.

BUT

I have no doubt that InBev has a significant data tracking and analysis system to see what is happening after it leaves their brewery.
The Fife
CDUB98 said:

My first assumption is distributor as that is the literal transfer of revenue for accounting.

BUT

I have no doubt that InBev has a significant data tracking and analysis system to see what is happening after it leaves their brewery.
I agree, the data has to be there at least in terms of lot or batch number in case of recall. That seems to be standard across anything food and bev that I can think of. And of course the sell by date tied to each of those batches that are sitting there at retail locations and distribution centers, clock ticking down on all of them...
powerbelly
AG
CDUB98 said:

BUT

This was my thought as well. I am just curious if the sales numbers haven't fully shaken out yet and lack or retail sales hasn't fully shown up.
Tanya 93
No reason to order any BL, MU, or Busch Light this week.
May order a new keg of Modelo for Cinco de Mayo
Texmid
AG
The other problem with lagging sales is that beer goes bad after a while in a can. My daughter got married in November and there were a few cases left over. By mid February it was noticeably "off". If they are still producing beer at the same rate as before they will eventually have a lot of bad beer to get rid of.
CDUB98
AG
powerbelly said:

CDUB98 said:

BUT

This was my thought as well. I am just curious if the sales numbers haven't fully shaken out yet and lack or retail sales hasn't fully shown up.
Internally, I suspect the numbers are starting to now show up in fewer new orders. Tanya being the perfect example in her post.

As these numbers are internal though, we won't know the full extent until Q2 earnings come out, or someone starts leaking data.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Someone at AB will suggest donating expiring beer to Hati.
Slyfox07
AG
The light beer conglomorates are already in trouble b/c Gen Z doesn't drink beer like their parents and grandparents did.

They vape legal pot and live at home playing videogames until they're 30.
Urban Ag
AG
CDUB98 said:

BUT

They don't. Sales are based on distributor orders. What happens after that is whatever happens at HEB, QT, the frat house, Mo's Bar, etc.
CDUB98
AG
Urban Ag said:

CDUB98 said:

BUT

They don't. Sales are based on distributor orders. What happens after that is whatever happens at HEB, QT, the frat house, Mo's Bar, etc.
So InBev is not booking revenue when they sell it to the distributors?
Urban Ag
AG
Sorry. No, that's what I meant. Sales/revenue are based/booked on distributor orders. Absolutely booking sales on what is sold to the distributors.

CDUB98
AG
Urban Ag said:

Sorry. No, that's what I meant. Sales are based/booked on distributor orders. Absolutely booking sales on what is sold to the distributors.

Right, which lines up with my original answer to the poster's question. I...think we're in agreement.
Sea Speed
AG
This has to be completely blowing up their supply chain and manufacturing. The sales are pretty steady and I'm sure they have contracts to buy the inputs. They have certainly slowed down manufacturing which im sure is causing a massive chain reaction. We just see bud light not moving off the shelves but AB is most likely seeing a giant unmitigated disaster through their whole process.
Urban Ag
AG
It has to be, at least in the US.
CDUB98
AG
Agreed.

Large manufacturers like this are well oiled machines that run almost to perfection in a steady state, but this disruption will throw the entire supply chain into a giant fustercluck. Maybe they created mitigation plans in the wake of Covid shutdowns and it will help them mitigate this some.
Sea Speed
AG
But didn't beer sales increase during covid? I get there were definitely issues with the supply chain during that time, but they were still moving product.
Urban Ag
AG
Sea Speed said:

But didn't beer sales increase during covid? I get there were definitely issues with the supply chain during that time, but they were still moving product.
Sales did increase. Bigly. Mid priced beer (and really cheap beer/wine) is recession proof.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Will any small scale retailers/distributors have any recourse with AB?

If I'm fighting to hold onto my bar or store (after the government tried to do the covid shutdown on me), yet another hit might be tough to deal with.

Will we see any lawsuits, or is this not a big enough loss once the cases start going in the dumpster?
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
ac04
Quote:

Bud Light Impact Our contacts tell us that on-premise Bud Light trends are down between -20% to -40% in affected geographies (the South and Midwest; headwinds in the metropolitan Northeast were relatively minor). Off-premise changes tend to lag - it takes time for a difference in takeaway velocity at retail to impact reorders - but early indications point to weakened trends in the convenience store and grocery channels. Distributors expect on-premise trends to continue as there are increasing social pressures to not support the brand. Our contacts were surprised that the backlash has gone on this long and believe that it will take time for the brand to recover; in addition some core consumers have likely permanently walked away from Bud Light. Contacts believe that the company's NYC based marketing team has failed to connect with core consumers and done damage to brand equity - feedback on the company's recent statement suggests it was not helpful in bringing back customers. (we note that following our recent checks, AB has replaced Bud Light's head of marketing). Investors we polled believe that Bud Light sales won't reach pre-controversy levels for several months.
justnobody79
I know this is only anecdotal, but a friend with multiple bars in CTX has said Bud Light sales are down 50-60% since this all began. Customers are switching to other brands or hard liquor
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sea Speed said:

Folks had them stimulus checks in hand. Beer sales was balls to the wall during covid. 4th of July volume every week according to a driver I talked to a the time. Also weed dealers as well.

During covid you'd drive down the street on trash day and see recycle bins stuffed with wine and liquor bottles like the week after New Years.Then as covid dragged on folks started to get budget conscious and hit that box wine. Some ****birds know that lived in apartments complained at work because people up partying 24/7 and they could't get no sleep.

Also according to some LE folks I know, domestic violence was way up. And also suicide and ODs.

So the end result was that stay home and stay safe resulted in folks getting drunk and high everyday and fighting with each other, and 100K+ ODing on opioids, ordering uber eats, getting fat and binge watching tiger king.

It's fair to say that if you were in the business of vice ... covid was the greatest thing to ever happen.
deddog
AG
Texas Yarddog said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

Bud distributors meeting with the company on Tuesday to hear plans for reversing the impact.
Hard row to hoe, but we'll see what they come up with.

CEO already screwed up with his non apology letter. And then doubling down with that ad.

Trifecta of dip**** takes by the company.

Any company who loses touch that bad with their base deserves to go under. Don't think they will, but wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Company will be fine.
Bud Light brand is !#!@!@!@
aTm2004
AG
Bud Light suffers 'staggering' 17% sales plunge amid Dylan Mulvaney controversy

Quote:

The latest sales data from NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting shows that Bud Light sales fell 17% in dollars, while volume dropped a whopping 21% in the week ended April 15.

That's sharply ahead of the 6% drop in sales dollars and 11% drop in volume that Bud Light had suffered during the week ended April 8 the seven days that immediately followed the April 1 launch of the controversial Mulvaney campaign on social media.

Quote:

Meanwhile, Bud Light's competitors are cashing in on the mess. Bud Light lost 6.7% of market share last week, while Coors Light and Miller Lite are up 18%, according to the newsletter. A week earlier, Coors Light's market share was up 10.6% over the same period and Miller Lite up 11.5%.

Quote:

During the NCAA basketball tournament from March 18 to April 1, it was the clear leader of all light beers at bars and other venues, up 15%, according to Brewbound, a trade publication which cited data from BeerBoard. But after the Mulvaney campaign launched, demand for Bud Light trailed other light beers by 6% at bars and restaurants.

Overall, Bud Light's volume declined by 34.7% at bars, restaurants and other venues between April 2 and April 15, according to BeerBoard. Bud Light dropped to the No. 4 draft beer from No. 3 during the second week of the controversy, switching places with Coors Light, Brewbound reported on Monday.
BadMoonRisin
AG
how did your taco tuesday thing go?
Redassag94
AG
Looking forward to a month or two from now if the boycott sticks and videos of distributors pouring out BL like milk in Canada.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
Dimebag Darrell
Redassag94 said:

Here in Colorado, I stopped by Daveco which their claim to fame is that they are the largest liquor store in the country. Chatted with the manger about Bud Light. He said Bud Light is dead it's not moving at all.

Thought this was interesting. It's one thing to read about it in Twitter, but to hear it from the beer manager at the country's largest liquor is another thing.
That sh** was fully stocked at HEB and a gas station in the valley a couple wknds ago. Looked like they weren't moving a thing.

From my experience, BL was the preferred beer of the masculine working class latino male...literally the least ideal target market for this type of fruity woke sh** lol. I'll be surprised if it ever is again.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.