Dairy Explosion

5,607 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BG Knocc Out
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fight club predicted it. Feds honed it and made it more destructive via paid splinter groups.

Grapesoda2525
javajaws said:

While I don't doubt this theory - I'm just wondering how things got so bad since pre-COVID. Where did all the good workers go (all industries)? This is turning into some real Atlas Shrugged. I'm guessing a lot of this is older experienced workers retiring while new generation just doesn't know how to do much other than stare at their phones.
Could be consequences of nepotism. Lots of people say they will hire the best candidate, but when it comes time to pull the trigger they hire their friends or a family member who " needs a job". Lots of these folks aren't prepared and screw up then problems like this happen.
JFABNRGR
AG
Rapier108 said:

Muy said:

StockHorseAg said:

The deferred maintenance problem is also what is causing all of the train derailment problems in my opinion. Along with longer trains and more pressure to preform with less crews.

Weird. Didn't Obama and Biden fleece our tax dollars for "infrastructure" improvements?
Except railroads are privately owned. Their faux-infrastructure bills were about "roads and bridges".

Railroads receive all kinds of public grants. Used to be called Tiger grants. Has other names now. Millions and millions of dollars going out all over the country.
hoosier-daddy
Muy said:

I hate reading this stuff since my older son works in supply chain and is always working in manufacturing plants like this and other food processing plants.
Thank him for his service.
jebbush
Insurance scams, farmers face bankruptcy so they decide to go out with a bang instead and let a corporation buy the farm.
Jack Boyett
AG
A dairy like that is a corporate farm. Farmer Brown doesn't milk 17,000 cows.
CanyonAg77
AG
jebbush said:

Insurance scams, farmers face bankruptcy so they decide to go out with a bang instead and let a corporation buy the farm.

Insane nonsense
jebbush
Jack Boyett said:

A dairy like that is a corporate farm. Farmer Brown doesn't milk 17,000 cows.

Do you really consider every corporation as beacons of honesty and integrity?
BG Knocc Out
David Happymountain said:

Fight club predicted it. Feds honed it and made it more destructive via paid splinter groups.

This may sound crazy, but to me it is way more comforting to hope all of these recent derails and ag/livestock explosions are conspiracy driven by bad foreign actors or eco-terrorists, than the alternative. Attacks can be nipped in the bud or eventually fade away. If these recent incidents are largely a product of declining infrastructure, combined with increasing incompetence, and older more experienced people being replaced buy bumbling halfwits...I don't see how you fix that. I would expect these events only to increase in frequency. Supply chain disruptions in the future are going to be like nothing we have ever seen.
BG Knocc Out
jebbush said:

lol goodness
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.