D&D removing half-races because of racism

1,413 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Muktheduck
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In their latest step forward on their long march to lost profits, Wizards of the Coast has revealed that they will be removing the concept of 'Half-' species from the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook on the grounds that they are "not comfortable" including an "inherently racist" concept in the game.

To this end, Crawford then confirmed that due to the game now having four elf variants for players to choose from when creating a character standard Elves, high Elves, Wolf Elves, and the Drow the Player's Handbook would soon be revised to do away with 'half-' species.

"Frankly, we are not comfortable, and haven't been for years with any of the options that start with 'half'," he explained of this decision. "The half construction is inherently racist so we simply aren't going to include it in the new Player's Handbook."

It should be noted that though players may still be allowed to create Half- characters, thanks to their removal from the core materials, such characters can not be used in an officially-sanctioned event.)

So mixed-race is problematic for some reason.

Someone let Obama know he is problematic in more ways than just his bad politics. </s>

https://www.enworld.org/threads/d-d-creator-summit-vtt-one-d-d.696974/
AgBQ-00
AG
woke is becoming more and more aryan everyday...only pure breds allowed
Moral High Horse
techno-ag
AG
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Cromagnum
AG
I guess they failed their saving throw on a constitution check to determine whether they should be offended.
Muktheduck
'CCG and board game giant Wizards of the Coast "uncomfortable" with miscegenation'
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.