Shaq In The Wind

3,634 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bmks270
Gator92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All we are is Shaq in the wind...

Quote:

NBA Hall of Famer and TV personality Shaquille O'Neal has been accused of avoiding being served a class-action lawsuit filed against celebrities who endorsed failed cryptocurrency giant FTX.

The former Los Angeles Lakers star was one of several high-profile celebrities including Steph Curry, Tom Brady, Giselle Bndchen and Larry David listed in the lawsuit filed by FTX retail investor Edwin Garrison, who claimed his crypto account went bankrupt after "being exposed to" the celebrity endorsements.

Garrison's lawyers revealed that out of all the celebrities named in the suit, O'Neal was the sole person avoiding the lawyers and noted that the allegations against him were among the most damning.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/12/shaquille-oneal-accused-of-avoiding-ftx-lawsuit/amp/
not hedge
If you're stupid enough to take investment advice from celebs you deserve what you get.

That being said, Shaq will be alright. The face of many companies and major investor in different chains, tis but a scratch
captkirk
AG
Stupid lawsuit
Olag00
AG
Gigem_94
AG
He actually bought a house in Plano a few blocks from me. Should I go ring his doorbell???
JB!98
AG
He was all over the TV this weekend attending different basketball games. Not too hard to track him down.
BigRobSA
JB!98 said:

He was all over the TV this weekend attending different basketball games. Not too hard to track him down.

Not to mention.....7'1" 350lb hulking black guy.
JohnLA762
AG
They act like he is avoiding authorities like:

Ag4life80
AG
Love Shaq. They guy is highly successful and appears to have a great time doing it.
SWCBonfire
AG
BigRobSA said:

JB!98 said:

Not to mention.....7'1" 450 lb hulking black guy.

FIFY... not that he's fat, just that Shaq is a f'ing giant.
unmade bed
Larry David straight up told us that Crypto was a big NOPE in his commercial. Why is he getting sued?
TheEternalPessimist
Gator92 said:

Quote:

NBA Hall of Famer and TV personality Shaquille O'Neal has been accused of avoiding being served a class-action lawsuit filed against celebrities who endorsed failed cryptocurrency giant FTX.

The former Los Angeles Lakers star was one of several high-profile celebrities including Steph Curry, Tom Brady, Giselle Bndchen and Larry David listed in the lawsuit filed by FTX retail investor Edwin Garrison, who claimed his crypto account went bankrupt after "being exposed to" the celebrity endorsements.

Garrison's lawyers revealed that out of all the celebrities named in the suit, O'Neal was the sole person avoiding the lawyers and noted that the allegations against him were among the most damning.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/12/shaquille-oneal-accused-of-avoiding-ftx-lawsuit/amp/

How does doing commercials for a company make one liable for the bad decisions of the company's board and management?

--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Muy
AG
I want to sue William Devane for not making me buy more gold
Showertime at the Bidens
Call me crazy but I think anyone who advertises a product should hold some liability. It's BS for someone to endorse a product and then deny any affiliation to the product.
rab79
AG
Zarathustra said:

Call me crazy but I think anyone who advertises a product should hold some liability. It's BS for someone to endorse a product and then deny any affiliation to the product.

If lying to the public was actionable we would not have millionaire politicians.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
BigRobSA
Zarathustra said:

So, every employee is liable, too?
J. Walter Weatherman
Zarathustra said:

They are being paid to endorse the product, most likely by the ad agency the company uses and not by the company itself, and anyone who reads anything more into it than that is an idiot. Do you think Shaq uses The General for insurance? Should Mike Rowe be sued if Ford has a recall?

People need to have responsibility for their own dumb decisions (like investing in a fake currency or jpegs). But if they did we'd have about 70% fewer lawyers.
aggielostinETX
AG
Shaq has council of record. They could just serve him but they want a splash.
Tramp96
Relaxium didn't work in helping me sleep through the night. Guess I better sue Gov. Mike Huckabee.

MyPillow didn't work in helping me sleep through the night. Guess I better sue Mike Lindell.

Trazadone didn't work in helping me sleep through the night. Guess I better sue my doctor who wrote the script and the pharmaceutical company who made the drug.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
unmade bed said:

Larry David straight up told us that Crypto was a big NOPE in his commercial. Why is he getting sued?

What a great opportunity for him to come out with a classic Larry David non-apology apology.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Gator92
AG
Muy said:

I want to sue William Devane for not making me buy more gold
I want to sue him for Bad News Bears Breaking Training...

Showertime at the Bidens
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Zarathustra said:

They are being paid to endorse the product, most likely by the ad agency the company uses and not by the company itself, and anyone who reads anything more into it than that is an idiot. Do you think Shaq uses The General for insurance? Should Mike Rowe be sued if Ford has a recall?

People need to have responsibility for their own dumb decisions (like investing in a fake currency or jpegs). But if they did we'd have about 70% fewer lawyers.

I would like to make it prohibitive enough to end all celebrity or paid actor endorsements.
Psycho Bunny
Zarathustra said:

You're just mad, because you lost money after a celebrity told you to buy FTX.
fka ftc
He is going to have to restart his rapping career.
J. Walter Weatherman
Zarathustra said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Zarathustra said:

I would like to make it prohibitive enough to end all celebrity or paid actor endorsements.

Good luck with that. Last I checked we operate in a free market and if people want to buy dumb things because a celebrity told them to then they should be able to do that.
Gigem_94
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

Gator92 said:

Quote:

How does doing commercials for a company make one liable for the bad decisions of the company's board and management?

There are certain SEC disclosure laws when promoting securities (very broad definition) that could make him liable.
AirborneAg04
I for one liked and appreciated celebrity advertising for crypto. I was on the fence about it and giving investment serious thought.

Then Matt Damon told me to buy crypto because fortune favors the bold. There was a Viking ship in the background and everything.

That was the moment I decided the crypto exchanges were a scam.

If celebrities tell you to buy something, don't. If they try to tell you to not be a ***** and hurry up and buy something, definitely don't.
fka ftc
Amen. No amount of Fred Thompson or Tom Selleck is going to convince me reverse mortgages are a good deal.

William Devane and his nonsense to turn my IRA into gold. And Alex Trebec and now new Black Alex Trebec convincing me I need a $9.95 a month plan from Colonial Penn.

If I listened to the hawks selling things I would have already prepaid my own funeral and regrown my hair.
AgLaw07
AG
Is buying crypto through FTX the same as advocating a security? Wouldn't that just apply if he was pushing their stock not their "service"?

Far from an expert here - genuinely curious
lb3
AG
Gigem_94 said:

He actually bought a house in Plano a few blocks from me. Should I go ring his doorbell???
The only one living there will be one of his baby mommas.
bmks270
AG
AirborneAg04 said:

I for one liked and appreciated celebrity advertising for crypto. I was on the fence about it and giving investment serious thought.

Then Matt Damon told me to buy crypto because fortune favors the bold. There was a Viking ship in the background and everything.

That was the moment I decided the crypto exchanges were a scam.

If celebrities tell you to buy something, don't. If they try to tell you to not be a ***** and hurry up and buy something, definitely don't.

Once it was on Super Bowl ads, that was a sign.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.