Keep an eye on this Silicon Valley Bank Financial thing

80,107 Views | 896 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Not Coach Jimbo
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CDUB98 said:

Dude, it was a joke.
Opps, I apologize and will correct the post above.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
fka ftc
Let me help you with the KPMG investigation. They MISSED NOTHING.

They knew all about the risks and gave a fabricated opinion. In my opinion, they should be Andersen-ed out of existence. But they won't because I am sure China is a golden teat for them and they will not ruffle the ChiComms with making the Shangai Valley Bank look bad.

Yellen testified in a clip posted here that she would not bail out Oklahomans. But she would bail out foreign owned bank accounts at SVB. Just let that sink in. Money for China which we now know gets funneled back to the Biden Crime Family and nothing for Oklahomans.
Tex117
AG
fka ftc said:

Tex117 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

[url=https://twitter.com/SeidlerCorp/status/1636518949872451584][/url]

Should we just tell him that his community banks in rural Oklahoma that are lending to their communities (and can't get a loan from the big banks because its too small...etc) will be whiped out because they are inconsequential to the system?
So basically if you do not vote strongly for team Biden then no bailout for you. Doubly so if your holdings and customers are heavily correlated to O&G.

Libs are fine with this. Democratic voters, CMs and RINOs worship at the altar of preferential treatment, elitism, discrimination and racism.
Nah...they don't know who voted for what.

This is simply a consolidation of power by big banks and financial players.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
CDUB98
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Silicon Valley Bank failed just 14 days after KPMG LLP gave the lender a clean bill of health. Signature Bank went down 11 days after the accounting firm signed off on its audit. What KPMG knew about the two banks' financial situation and what it missed will likely be the subject of regulatory scrutiny and lawsuits.

KPMG signed the audit report for Silicon Valley Bank's parent, SVB Financial Group SIVB 0.00%increase; green up pointing triangle, on Feb. 24. Regulators seized the bank on March 10 after a surge of withdrawals threatened to leave it short of cash.

"Common sense tells you that an auditor issuing a clean report, a clean bill of health, on the 16th-largest bank in the United States that within two weeks fails without any warning, is trouble for the auditor," said Lynn Turner, who was chief accountant of the Securities and Exchange Commission from 1998 to 2001.

Two crucial facts for determining whether KPMG missed the banks' problems are when the bank runs began in earnest and when the bank's management and KPMG's auditors became aware of the crisis.

KPMG Gave SVB, Signature Bank Clean Bill of Health Weeks Before Collapse - WSJ

It's a serious question that for sure needs answering.

But, what was KPMG's instruction? Was KPMG expected to test a specific number of scenarios? If not, did they actually do anything wrong. If KPMG was charged with auditing a snapshot in time without scenario calculation, then they may be technically okay, but there's not doubt there will still be lawsuits and heads rolling.

What-if scenarios could drag into eternity.

Even in my world during a HAZOP, we are not allowed to do "double jeopardy" because the likelihood and number of scenarios are in the thousands. Oddly, enough, all the industrial disasters lately typically involve multiple things going wrong at the same time.
fka ftc
Tex117 said:

fka ftc said:

Tex117 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

[url=https://twitter.com/SeidlerCorp/status/1636518949872451584][/url]

Should we just tell him that his community banks in rural Oklahoma that are lending to their communities (and can't get a loan from the big banks because its too small...etc) will be whiped out because they are inconsequential to the system?
So basically if you do not vote strongly for team Biden then no bailout for you. Doubly so if your holdings and customers are heavily correlated to O&G.

Libs are fine with this. Democratic voters, CMs and RINOs worship at the altar of preferential treatment, elitism, discrimination and racism.
Nah...they don't know who voted for what.

This is simply a consolidation of power by big banks and financial players.
That consolidation happened years ago.

This is about bailing out wealthy folks allegiant to the Biden admin.
YouBet
AG
Tex117 said:

The complete irony is that Powell will raise the interest rate (don't know on who at this point), while then giving the banks emergency relief funds...

I just....what are we accomplishing here? Especially with the SVB...I mean...that is the exact...the EXACT sector of the market that has been silly frothy over the last decade.

We are playing the largest shell game in history. From here on out its a Yo-yo policy. Nothing can be done at this point with monetary policy.

Debt is too large with zero chance of stopping its growth and there are too many inherent structural weaknesses. We are beyond the effectiveness of monetary policy.

What we are witnessing is the end game of this current fiat scenario before the reset (catastrophic) button has to be hit.
Ag87H2O
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Silicon Valley Bank failed just 14 days after KPMG LLP gave the lender a clean bill of health. Signature Bank went down 11 days after the accounting firm signed off on its audit. What KPMG knew about the two banks' financial situation and what it missed will likely be the subject of regulatory scrutiny and lawsuits.

KPMG signed the audit report for Silicon Valley Bank's parent, SVB Financial Group SIVB 0.00%increase; green up pointing triangle, on Feb. 24. Regulators seized the bank on March 10 after a surge of withdrawals threatened to leave it short of cash.

"Common sense tells you that an auditor issuing a clean report, a clean bill of health, on the 16th-largest bank in the United States that within two weeks fails without any warning, is trouble for the auditor," said Lynn Turner, who was chief accountant of the Securities and Exchange Commission from 1998 to 2001.

Two crucial facts for determining whether KPMG missed the banks' problems are when the bank runs began in earnest and when the bank's management and KPMG's auditors became aware of the crisis.

KPMG Gave SVB, Signature Bank Clean Bill of Health Weeks Before Collapse - WSJ

Reminds me of Moody's and the other debt rating companies in 2008. Get cozy with administration in long standing relationship, go through the motions every year, and collect a check. They likely got lazy and comfortable and failed to do their job with the rigor and analysis that was called for to see the problem.
Kozmozag
Why did the startup self engine, have to be saved....40 million.
Kozmozag
Does roku deserved to be saved 487 million
2%er/New Army
They have 487 million in a banking institute. It's not their fault and it's their money?
Kozmozag
Farmboxrx....1 million plus. Seems like a company taxpayers should h a ve to save.
ac04
Bocephus
AG
ac04 said:

Could be? Way to go out on a journalistic limb there!!
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
ac04
the people who used "could be" are the economists, not the journalists, and what could be means here is they are. almost all banks hold lots of medium- to long-term bonds and mortgage backed securities which are basically all underwater right now.
LMCane
ac04 said:

think of the bright side of things..

could have been 187 banks!

I would love to be able to pull all the pravda mainstream media news reports the last year proclaiming:

"there is no SYSTEMIC WEAKNESS IN THE BANKING SYSTEM like there was in 2008 during the MBS crisis!"
CDUB98
AG
ac04 said:

Only 186?
will25u
ac04
techno-ag
AG
Gotta hand it to them, they're trying to head things off at the pass. I think SVB really surprised the Fed.
CDUB98
AG
ac04 said:

**** me sideways.
aggiehawg
AG
CDUB98 said:

ac04 said:

**** me sideways.
I am confused. Can someone give me a translation as to what that means?
ac04
techno-ag said:

Gotta hand it to them, they're trying to head things off at the pass. I think SVB really surprised the Fed.

they're going to head things off at the pass by printing at a rate we've never seen. printing into inflation because they have no choice. we are accelerating into a debt spiral.
ac04
it means the fed is capitulating and we're going to have to print the whole world out of this instead of just the US.
aggiehawg
AG
ac04 said:

it means the fed is capitulating and we're going to have to print the whole world out of this instead of just the US.
Oh, ugh but thanks for the response.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
jh0400
AG
aggiehawg said:

ac04 said:

Oh, ugh but thanks for the response.

Except this will have a side effect of bringing rates down. Foreign banks don't need USD, so they'll use the swap line and then turn around and use the funds to be US govt debt.
AgResearch
AG
ac04 said:

10% for the Big Guy
Stat Monitor Repairman
In reply to
AG
I just confirmed Jim Cramer is like the terrible gambling personality that's there to make you feel smarter. If you watch his show, you'll throw more in the markets just to fade him.
tremble
AG
Foreign banks always need more dollars. When currencies start getting **** canned as the DXY explodes no one is going to want to be laid in Turkish Lira or Yuan, etc.
will25u

will25u
techno-ag
AG
So glad I didn't invest in CS when it hit $5. I thought wow that's a bargain they should get back on their feet eventually.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Bocephus
AG
techno-ag said:

So glad I didn't invest in CS when it hit $5. I thought wow that's a bargain they should get back on their feet eventually.

55 cents a share?!! Cannot wait to see what kind of warrants Buffett received from the regional banks he met with this weekend.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.