Keep an eye on this Silicon Valley Bank Financial thing

79,745 Views | 896 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Not Coach Jimbo
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will the library have one of those strip club shower booths with mannequins of Joe and Ashley showering together?

Also, I am not visiting until the Hunter Biden Crack Pipe and Art collection exhibits open.

Best POTUS evah!
cone
AG
update

richardag
annie88 said:

richardag said:

annie88 said:

This SOB had to go poop and pump up the dementia drugs.

And then some idiot thanks him.

Seriously, **** Joe Biden.

Could that be a sarcastic tweet, considering the name Dr. Jebra Faushay?
I honestly don't know.
I'm sure it is sarcastic, I was talking about Biden and the reporter that thanked him for walking away without saying *****
Opps, sorry I didn't get it.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
deddog
AG
fka ftc said:

My bad. Giving myself 15 social demerits.

Never seen somebody have impossibly wrong takes on such a wide range of topics.
Well, SJL (now AOC) has to get her votes somewhere
richardag
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Sarcasm duly noted. Each claim was bull*****
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
YouBet
AG
Would you share source of these charts?
cone
AG
i found them on twitter

i believe they are being generated via the bloomberg terminal wirp function
Nanomachines son
fka ftc said:

I think the big hurt is going to come to some of the most deserving people. SVB seems to have been pretty friendly in loaning money to paper startups. That VC capital is going to both dry up and get massively expensive.

Those who followed the "learn to code" instruction from Biden may want to get their hard hats and workbelts out of storage.

From my perspective, cheaper labor and a more plentiful workforce would be a welcome change. But I think Biden will kill any hope of a positive outcome by bailouts and handouts, from the bottom up and the middle out,

Tech is going to get hit with the same funding issue that brought down the shale boom in oil and gas. Money being thrown around continuously and zero profit to show for it outside of future potential is not a good combination when any downturn hits.

You're going to see VC money be way more leery about investments in this arena soon.
annie88
AG
richardag said:

Sarcasm duly noted. Each claim was bull*****

They are absolute bull**** but their gullible dumbass base will believe it. All they have to do is throw the lies out there, the media doesn't correct it nor do they challenge it and the Democrats and poopy pants get to just blame Trump for their problems.

This is 100% on the Democrats and they can literally go to hell.
annie88
AG
richardag said:

annie88 said:

richardag said:

annie88 said:

This SOB had to go poop and pump up the dementia drugs.

And then some idiot thanks him.

Seriously, **** Joe Biden.

Could that be a sarcastic tweet, considering the name Dr. Jebra Faushay?
I honestly don't know.
I'm sure it is sarcastic, I was talking about Biden and the reporter that thanked him for walking away without saying *****
Opps, sorry I didn't get it.

No worries. It's hard to keep up what serious and not serious or who is being sarcastic these days. The **** show we're living in with the Democrats. You just never know what's really true, because five or 10 years ago half the crap that comes out of their mouth would be so laughable it would be an SNL skit.
YouBet
AG
Nanomachines son said:

fka ftc said:

I think the big hurt is going to come to some of the most deserving people. SVB seems to have been pretty friendly in loaning money to paper startups. That VC capital is going to both dry up and get massively expensive.

Those who followed the "learn to code" instruction from Biden may want to get their hard hats and workbelts out of storage.

From my perspective, cheaper labor and a more plentiful workforce would be a welcome change. But I think Biden will kill any hope of a positive outcome by bailouts and handouts, from the bottom up and the middle out,

Tech is going to get hit with the same funding issue that brought down the shale boom in oil and gas. Money being thrown around continuously and zero profit to show for it outside of future potential is not a good combination when any downturn hits.

You're going to see VC money be way more leery about investments in this arena soon.
2000 mini recession again. See websites.
fka ftc
I can see that. I graduated in 2000. I thought I would be real smart and take remaining college funds my dad had for me and bet it on telecomm. Sad choices.

The tech run up recently felt eerily reminiscent of the dot.com bubble.
Dies Irae
cone said:

update

So we're going back to zero
cone
AG
Silicon Valley wins by losing
notex
AG
That's true.
will25u
bmks270
AG
Nanomachines son said:

fka ftc said:

Virgin Orbit furloughed all workers today. Looks like they're out of money.
richardag
bmks270 said:

Nanomachines son said:

fka ftc said:

Maybe Richard Branson could sell Necker Island to raise some funds. Or wait for a federal bailout?

Necker Island is basically a desert, no source of freshwater, relies on desalination. Supposedly used as a safe haven for endangered species, Madagascar lemurs and some tortoises, damn near wiped out by a hurricane that shut down the desalination facility. Safe haven my ass, way to dupe very wealthy idiots to this paradise to vacation.
Stat Monitor Repairman
SVB was failure by design.

A week in, and that's where I'm at with this.
Reginald Cousins
S
richardag said:

bmks270 said:

Nanomachines son said:

fka ftc said:

Maybe Richard Branson could sell Necker Island to raise some funds. Or wait for a federal bailout?

Necker Island is basically a desert, no source of freshwater, relies on desalination. Supposedly used as a safe haven for endangered species, Madagascar lemurs and some tortoises, damn near wiped out by a hurricane that shut down the desalination facility. Safe haven my ass, way to dupe very wealthy idiots to this paradise to vacation.

Weird rant.
Kozmozag
Where does speaker McCarthy bank? Is congress going to have hearings on the sbv and signature failures?
YouBet
AG

Anything is possible.
CDUB98
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

richardag said:

bmks270 said:

Nanomachines son said:

fka ftc said:

Weird rant.

Sounded like richard envy.
will25u
Hello INFLATION... How you doing?

ETA: It says loan...

CDUB98
AG
****ing hell
aggielostinETX
AG
will25u said:

Hopefully bank liquidity won't lead to inflation. But I don't know.
cgh1999
AG
aggielostinETX said:

will25u said:

Bank liquidity is shrinking because they pulled money from the economy with QT. Instead of sitting here for a bit and letting everyone deal with indigestion, we are just going to put the money back.

Inflation, come on down.
Ag87H2O
AG
cgh1999 said:

aggielostinETX said:

will25u said:

Bank liquidity is shrinking because they pulled money from the economy with QT. Instead of sitting here for a bit and letting everyone deal with indigestion, we are just going to put the money back.

Inflation, come on down.

tysker
AG
aggielostinETX said:

will25u said:

This is a tough call. Money that are kept 'inside' the banking system doesn't really seem to cause inflation in the way consumers see it via CPI increases to goods and services (that's more the 'outside' money like helicopter drops or direct covid payments into checking accounts). But that inside money, in my opinion, stabilizes (increases?) the prices of financial assets. So when you wonder why stocks, bonds, real estate, even cryptos prices rose after 2012 its because all those banks that survived needed a place to put those excess dollars and then lent them out to other players within the banking system or investment them internally with the constraints of Basel III.

Remember back in the first months and years of QT, we wondered where the inflation was? I would argue it was there but seen in the prices of financial asset prices. It didn't impact CPI because the prices of goods and services weren't as impacted. (Yes it did affect real estate prices and thus rents, as RE is basically a financial product but that was kind of the point of QT, to bolster the RE market.) We may see that again.
Adverse Event
tysker said:

aggielostinETX said:

will25u said:

This is a tough call. Money that are kept 'inside' the banking system doesn't really seem to cause inflation in the way consumers see it via CPI increases to goods and services (that's more the 'outside' money like helicopter drops or direct covid payments into checking accounts). But that inside money, in my opinion, stabilizes (increases?) the prices of financial assets. So when you wonder why stocks, bonds, real estate, even cryptos prices rose after 2012 its because all those banks that survived needed a place to put those excess dollars and then lent them out to other players within the banking system or investment them internally with the constraints of Basel III.

Remember back in the first months and years of QT, we wondered where the inflation was? I would argue it was there but seen in the prices of financial asset prices. It didn't impact CPI because the prices of goods and services weren't as impacted. (Yes it did affect real estate prices and thus rents, as RE is basically a financial product but that was kind of the point of QT, to bolster the RE market.) We may see that again.

Quote:

The only thing more scarce than Bitcoinis critical thinking.

Abundance in money creates scarcity. Scarcity in money creates abundance.

What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
fka ftc

This is what it is. How it is not more obvious to others boggles my mind.

Its failure proved opportune, convenient for the right people and it was torpedoed to bail out a bad bank, to punish political enemies and to call for more rules.
DallasAg 94
javajaws
AG
I don't know about you guys, but I think it's pretty cool our government can just push a button and make $2 trillion just appear out of thin air! And doing it to fix the side effects of fighting inflation to boot! Our government is so efficient and helpful!

Just think about how far we've come since the gold standard!
aggielostinETX
AG
fka ftc said:

This is what it is. How it is not more obvious to others boggles my mind.

Its failure proved opportune, convenient for the right people and it was torpedoed to bail out a bad bank, to punish political enemies and to call for more rules.

Same with Signature
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

It's a big club, and you ain't in it.

-George Carlin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.