Keep an eye on this Silicon Valley Bank Financial thing

79,852 Views | 896 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Not Coach Jimbo
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

In my administration, no one is above the law.
Hey Biden,
Now do yourself, John Kerry, and Fauci.
annie88
AG
fka ftc said:

You realize by that point the dementia drugs had been administered just prior and the bowel movement occurred at the podium...
They probably have to continually administer them all day ... t's just drugs, poop, drugs, poop, fall up the stairs, shuffle away and then poop again.
aggiehawg
AG
Just put in a stoma and give him colonscopy bags and be done with it.
TAM85
Who voted for him? If you did, you need to own it.
fka ftc
But Trump's tweets were so mean and Biden is the Great Unifier!
aggielostinETX
AG
LMCane said:

fka ftc said:

cgh1999 said:

japantiger said:

Frost Bank in Austin has to be in trouble.

Why?
Second time I have had Frost mentioned today. I have an idle credit facility with them, should I draw it down?

Move cash away from them?
why wouldn't you?

which option could cause you more harm?

moving your money to a different bank,

or waiting to see if the bank you have now enters financial distress?

Dude, you need to stop. You sound like chicken little. Frost is fine.
aggielostinETX
AG

In one week he'll be being for them to stay or straight forcing them. They are already paying 150% salaries.
techno-ag
AG
aggielostinETX said:

LMCane said:

fka ftc said:

cgh1999 said:

japantiger said:

Why?
Second time I have had Frost mentioned today. I have an idle credit facility with them, should I draw it down?

why wouldn't you?

I'd be more concerned about the trust funds Frost manages TBH. Not due to mismanagement just from market downturns that may or may not emerge from all this.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

aggielostinETX
AG
techno-ag said:

aggielostinETX said:

LMCane said:

fka ftc said:

cgh1999 said:

japantiger said:

Why?

why wouldn't you?

I'd be more concerned about the trust funds Frost manages TBH. Not due to mismanagement just from market downturns that may or may not emerge from all this.

Exactly. The client losses are going to suck.
cgh1999
AG
aggielostinETX said:

techno-ag said:

aggielostinETX said:

LMCane said:

fka ftc said:

cgh1999 said:

japantiger said:

Why?

why wouldn't you?

What client losses? The FDIC is backstopping deposits.
deddog
AG
annie88 said:

This SOB had to go poop and pump up the dementia drugs.

And then some idiot thanks him.

Seriously, **** Joe Biden.

"Dark Brandon"

This ****ing vegetable is still smarter than the 81 million who voted for him.
Let that sink in.
aggielostinETX
AG
cgh1999 said:

aggielostinETX said:

techno-ag said:

aggielostinETX said:

LMCane said:

fka ftc said:

cgh1999 said:

japantiger said:

Why?

why wouldn't you?

What client losses? The FDIC is backstopping deposits.

They aren't stopping losses from people who are in the same spot as the banks and in too deep on bonds.
fka ftc
On Kudlow, Kevin Hassett is discussing that his sources indicate there was a buyer over the weekend for SVB but FDIC and Biden team blocked it. Supposedly based on woke policies / preferences.

I really hope the left is hit hard by these occurrences, though I know that hope is fleeting. Biden voters are a special kind of evil.
Four Seasons Landscaping
You think not selling a U.S. bank to the UAE is because of wokeism?
fka ftc
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

You think not selling a U.S. bank to the UAE is because of wokeism?

Thanks for playing. That was not what was said at all.

Tell the next Biden lie that only Russia Russia Russia wanted to buy them.
Manhattan
If they are going to take care of depositors shouldn't they do it at 90% or whatever <100% since those depositors enjoyed higher interest rates based on risky investments?
aezmvp
Manhattan said:

If they are going to take care of depositors shouldn't they do it at 90% or whatever <100% since those depositors enjoyed higher interest rates based on risky investments?
You think that government is going to let crypto bros and celebrities, tech startups and wineries get shafted? Or spread that out to everybody else? Gosh I wonder who those people donate too....
aggielostinETX
AG
Manhattan said:

Just out of curiosity, what were the risky investments in your mind?
fka ftc
Manhattan said:

Wrong again. Just reported that the interest rates paid on deposit were low as compared to market. 1% or less.

Bank was putting large requirements on deposits on their lending and banking relationships.

Want a loan for your VR gaming salon venture, here is your loan, put your start up cash at our bank, and we run it all on credit.

The dip****s went way long on tbills and lost. At same time, they had shat equity positions as warrants on their loans. Loans default, equity warrants worthless and the house of cards crumbles.
fka ftc
Throwing my bet out there now. This was not about a bank run and a poorly run niche bank.

As with FTX, something else is afoot here. As with FTX, its a closely connected silicone valley bunch, closely aligned with the left, imploding in fantastic fashion right after all the guys running it built personal wealth.

And it will be used to argue for more rules, more regulation, more fed management of banking.

Congrats once again to the Biden Evil Empire.
aggielostinETX
AG
fka ftc said:

Manhattan said:

Wrong again. Just reported that the interest rates paid on deposit were low as compared to market. 1% or less.

Bank was putting large requirements on deposits on their lending and banking relationships.

Want a loan for your VR gaming salon venture, here is your loan, put your start up cash at our bank, and we run it all on credit.

The dip****s went way long on tbills and lost. At same time, they had shat equity positions as warrants on their loans. Loans default, equity warrants worthless and the house of cards crumbles.

Man, I really wanted manhattan to have to defend his statement.
fka ftc
My bad. Giving myself 15 social demerits.

Never seen somebody have impossibly wrong takes on such a wide range of topics.
will25u
Manhattan
aggielostinETX said:

fka ftc said:

Manhattan said:

Sorry I didn't read anything "just reported". I still think depositors should take some sort of haircut, enough for pain, not enough to cause contagion/other bank runs.
Four Seasons Landscaping
The popular rumor all weekend was that the buyer was the UAE.

You said the administration turned it down because of wokeism.
fka ftc
Danger of making assumptions. That's on you, not me.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Quote:

This is a pretty prime example of a popular take from folks that don't understand the situation.

The root of their issue is the money was in far too safe investments (long-term treasury notes) that are worth significantly less in a high-interest environment. They were taking a huge loss to get out of that when they bank run was triggered.
CDUB98
AG
Manhattan said:

aggielostinETX said:

fka ftc said:

Manhattan said:

Sorry I didn't read anything "just reported". I still think depositors should take some sort of haircut, enough for pain, not enough to cause contagion/other bank runs.

Defend this statement with facts and logic. Your feelz are irrelevant.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Then WTF is your point?

The only buyer anybody in the know has talked about was the UAE. You blamed it on wokeism.

Do you think not selling to the UAE is wokeism?
fka ftc
Manhattan said:

Which depositors?

But I will throw one out and say no deposits should be honored until you can prove you are not asociated with their obvious fraud.

Treat it like cartel or terrorist money.
Manhattan
If you are investing in government bonds and paying interest higher than they are paying you are going to have a bad time.
aggielostinETX
AG
Manhattan said:

aggielostinETX said:

fka ftc said:

Manhattan said:

Agree on the hair cut but risk wasn't the issue. In fact, they derisked to far to offset their VC portfolio. Timing, stupity. and loss of focus are SVBs problems.
fka ftc
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Then WTF is your point?

The only buyer anybody in the know has talked about was the UAE. You blamed it on wokeism.

Do you think not selling to the UAE is wokeism?

FJB and FDIC had lists of approved banks. Several US banks approached FDIC but were denied as they were not on the list. The source was reported to have said that the list was heavily influenced by wokeism.

Now... you could just do a little of your own information gathering instead of making an ass-umption and then demanding I explain away your assumption.
fka ftc
Manhattan said:

If you are investing in government bonds and paying interest higher than they are paying you are going to have a bad time.
Good thing that is not what they were doing.
LostInLA07
AG
That's not what happened here though, is it? I don't think this has anything to do with the interest rates SVB we're paying on deposits.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.