Keep an eye on this Silicon Valley Bank Financial thing

79,764 Views | 896 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Not Coach Jimbo
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greg was named to the Silicon Valley Business Journal's inaugural Power 100 list in 2023. He is a Class A Director for the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

nothing to see here.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Monday morning we'll all be back on here watching clips of the Sunday morning talk shows blaming Trump for this.
C@LAg
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Monday morning we'll all be back on here watching clips of the Sunday morning talk shows blaming Trump for this.
why wait. Team Biden already throwing bombs.

Former Field Organizer to elect President Biden:

C@LAg
she is also a dumbass

fka ftc
Is that Kelly Anne Conway's daughter? Has to be,
Beat40
Dies Irae said:

How the hell does a company with a 7 billion market cap just have half a billion dollars and a quarter of its liquidity parked in a bank account uninsured?

Major blunder. A freaking quarter!
agdoc2001
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggielostinETX
AG
Beat40 said:

Dies Irae said:

How the hell does a company with a 7 billion market cap just have half a billion dollars and a quarter of its liquidity parked in a bank account uninsured?

This lets you know who is running these tech companies. They are all VC guys. They get funded by VCs and then turn around and reinvested their money with the VCs.
C@LAg
Beat40 said:

Dies Irae said:

since it in unsecured.... a quarter is now worth more than most of that amount....
Nanomachines son
agdoc2001 said:

If only. This would be hell but it would fix every single social issue we have immediately.
Heineken-Ashi
C@LAg said:

Greg was named to the Silicon Valley Business Journal's inaugural Power 100 list in 2023. He is a Class A Director for the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

nothing to see here.

Creature from Jekyll Island

A cartel of banks led by JPM created the FED for the purpose of pushing their own failures onto the middle class through bailouts. They then convinced the government to give up its own (the people's) power and hand it to the FED.

It's the biggest Ponzi scheme of all time, but because it's all we've ever known, we just accept it as the "way things are".

If you want a real economy, it's time to abolish the FED, erase everything created by unelected banking cartel monetary policy, and force everything to exist on its own merit based on profitability.

Would be painful. But our kids and grand kids would be better off.

Even heard on the radio today on CNBC.. "this is a threat to the general public. Someone has to step in and take care of these depositors. If not, America is at risk". This is he playbook they have used in every single similar situation. Without convincing the public that "it's for your own good", you would never accept the bailout. But because you are stupid, they hand your money to the failed bankers and then buy up the assets you are forced to liquidate. They get richer and you get poorer.

Let them fail. Let the money go poof. Let us learn our lessons. Otherwise, we're truly in trouble. But that's the playbook since the FED was created. Over leverage middle class funds, enrich yourself in the process, and when the music stops, shuffle the deck and get bailed out and start again. All of the pain is for the peons only. Enjoy your depression peons.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
aggielostinETX
AG
Not fake

Stat Monitor Repairman
Do we know what bank payroll processor Gusto uses ....?

You know ... just checking.
MAROON
AG
They have about $1.9 billion in cash.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Dies Irae
MAROON said:

They have about $1.9 billion in cash.

Sure but that's still mind numbingly stupid and is jeopardizing their future, at this moment they're only reasonably certain they can make their obligations for the next year.
MAROON
AG
I don't know the background - maybe they had a loan with SVB that requires a certain level of deposits.

I know You're not suggesting they need to limit their bank balances to $250k per bank.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Dies Irae
No of course not, you just buy an insurance policy on it.
bmks270
AG
aezmvp said:

Albatross Necklace said:

will25u said:

Translation:

Swallwell's donors are taking it in the pants over the SVB crash
This is 100% what is happening. Absolutely insane to get the Fed to back 100% of the deposits. But yeah this is 100% about his donors panic.

I think the SVB assets get liquidated, and the government passes a bail out to make up the difference to the depositors.

We're talking billions of venture capital, and these VCs have political pull. They will make sure politicians bail them out so they don't lose their investments in these start ups.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Somebody said earlier that 90% of the accounts were $250K and above.

Is that anywhere close to true?
AgGrad99
AG
97%
aggielostinETX
AG
Oh, they're gonna make them whole. All of those California congressman are invested hand-in-hand with those venture capitalists. Those congressman would lose so much money if those companies failed overnight because their capital dried up.
DallasAg 94
aggiehawg
AG
Aw crap! Here we go again.
YouBet
AG

I learned this afternoon that our company's administrator runs through SVB.

Let's see if I actually get paid on the 15th. I'm already several days past due on an expense reimbursement so I'm guessing this is the reason. Just didn't realize it because I've been busy.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We'll start to see a bunch of G6s flying into Basel Euroairport late next week and they'll call an emergency meeting at the BIS.

But, who knows what will happen.
bmks270
AG

Not SVB.
sharpdressedman
MAROON said:

Not a Bot said:

Cramer pumped the bank a month ago, just like he did Bear Stearns.
if you do the opposite of what Cramer suggests you will almost always be better off. He's a modern day Costanza,
Yep. He is a bona fide fraud. My investment savvy friends regard his commentary as pure, foolish comedy.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Some people out partying right now that ain't aware they ain't about to get paid next week.
SMM48
AG
97% of deposits at SIVB are uninsured
AgGrad99
AG
aggiehawg said:

Aw crap! Here we go again.

Yep.
YouBet
AG
sharpdressedman said:

MAROON said:

Not a Bot said:

Cramer pumped the bank a month ago, just like he did Bear Stearns.
if you do the opposite of what Cramer suggests you will almost always be better off. He's a modern day Costanza,
Yep. He is a bona fide fraud. My investment savvy friends regard his commentary as pure, foolish comedy.

Have watched a lot of CNBC in the last few months. Never watched this guy until then. I can't believe he's taken seriously by anyone.

Complete clown.
PA24
AG
Better have reserve cash on hand.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
tremble said:

cone said:

the pressure on Jay Powell must be completely crushing

I think Powell has come to the realization that he must become the Batman for the markets. I don't think he cares about his short-term reputation, nor should he. He's only one man, but he can take steps (rising rates) to combat the financial insanity that resulted in "tech" companies lighting money on fire to try and push scale.
Powell is an arrogant *****, he is no Batman

He is a guy who will listen to no one, make a wrong decision that may eventually get him where he wants to be after destroying trillions of dollars of value and never once consider that he could have been wrong

That there might have been a different way that didn't require destroying millions of peoples lives
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
aggielostinETX
AG
This is not the beginning of 2009 again.

But you are about to see how corrupt are California legislators.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.