Keep an eye on this Silicon Valley Bank Financial thing

79,865 Views | 896 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Not Coach Jimbo
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bad news for crypto.

C@LAg
mostly peaceful economic collapse
Stat Monitor Repairman
will25u
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RRPONTSYD

Reverse Repo still at all time highs $2.188T last night. Doesn't this correlate to banks still having a ton of cash?
C@LAg
will25u said:

Reverse Repo still at all time highs $2.188T last night. Doesn't this correlate to banks still having a ton of cash?
that cash can disappear quickly if investors start moving stuff around, and banks have to respond accordingly.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Waiting for the screams next Wednesday when startups don't make mid-month payroll.
My payroll processor uses SVB and my employee payroll was today. No one got their direct deposits over night. I run a relatively small payroll and thank God most of my employees seem to have other incomes, so they're not solely dependent on their paychecks from me. Can't imagine the millions of employees who woke up to no paychecks today and have no idea if/when they will receive them! There was zero warning from our payroll processor...I think they were caught in the dark as much as we were.

The whole thing (accompanied on the same day by the Wells Fargo 'direct deposit debacle' today) is an absolute cluster!
aggielostinETX
AG
Three Twenties and A Ten said:

Waiting for the screams next Wednesday when startups don't make mid-month payroll.
My payroll processor uses SVB and my employee payroll was today. No one got their direct deposits over night. I run a relatively small payroll and thank God most of my employees seem to have other incomes, so they're not solely dependent on their paychecks from me. Can't imagine the millions of employees who woke up to no paychecks today and have no idea if/when they will receive them! There was zero warning from our payroll processor...I think they were caught in the dark as much as we were.

The whole thing (accompanied on the same day by the Wells Fargo 'direct deposit debacle' today) is an absolute cluster!

That sux. I wonder if that's why the fed stepped in.
MAROON
AG

We need a George Bailey on days like today
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
will25u
Stat Monitor Repairman
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
aggielostinETX said:

Three Twenties and A Ten said:

That sux. I wonder if that's why the fed stepped in.
Absolutely is, amongst several billion other reason$$!!
Albatross Necklace
will25u said:

Translation:

Swallwell's donors are taking it in the pants over the SVB crash
Bunk Moreland

AW 1880
AG
Hope this doesn't turn out to be like the pre-CCOVID thread about something going on in China.
Rapier108
And if it turns out this "bank" was nothing but some kind of Ponzi scheme or worse, the government will bail them out and no one will be punished, as long as they donated to the proper (D) candidates.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Not a Bot
AG

Cramer pumped the bank a month ago, just like he did Bear Stearns.
cone
AG
will25u said:

LOLWUT
MAROON
AG
Not a Bot said:

Cramer pumped the bank a month ago, just like he did Bear Stearns.
if you do the opposite of what Cramer suggests you will almost always be better off. He's a modern day Costanza,
AgGrad99
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Sure am glad I hold some Roku Stock
cone
AG
lol this is hilarious
Dies Irae
How the hell does a company with a 7 billion market cap just have half a billion dollars and a quarter of its liquidity parked in a bank account uninsured?
aezmvp
Albatross Necklace said:

will25u said:

Translation:

This is 100% what is happening. Absolutely insane to get the Fed to back 100% of the deposits. But yeah this is 100% about his donors panic.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
MAROON
AG

Stat Monitor Repairman
Dies Irae said:

How the hell does a company with a 7 billion market cap just have half a billion dollars and a quarter of its liquidity parked in a bank account uninsured?
ESG score still strong tho.
Not a Bot
AG
Mrs. Skilling. Almost missed the funniest part of the tweet.
aggielostinETX
AG
MAROON said:

Got me for a second
sharpdressedman
We will soon know the volumes and participating financial institutions and hedge funds in the many, mega-loan syndications that supported the VC financing. Wait for the dominoes to begin falling.
Bag
AG
Just got an urgent letter from one our business partners urging clients to NOT send any payments to their SVB account
OaklandAg06
AG
aezmvp said:

Albatross Necklace said:

will25u said:

Translation:

This is 100% what is happening. Absolutely insane to get the Fed to back 100% of the deposits. But yeah this is 100% about his donors panic.
I have a feeling Swallwell's response has less to do with his donors panic, and more to do with investments he made with insider information that are about to get roasted.
C@LAg
C@LAg
OaklandAg06 said:

aezmvp said:

Albatross Necklace said:

will25u said:

Translation:

I have a feeling Swallwell's response has less to do with his donors panic, and more to do with investments he made with insider information that are about to get roasted.
or the DNC parked ALL of their funds there.

otherwise where else would Nancy be hiding her money?
Dies Irae
From yesterday
PCC_80
AG
Dies Irae said:

From yesterday

Is this the guy that sold all his stock in SVB last week ? ? ? LOL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.