Bella Ramsey from HBO's Last of Us - Gender Fluid

7,162 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigRobSA
ThreatLevel: Midnight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bella Ramsey - I'm gender fluid

Admittedly a few years ago when my MIL was on a gin soaked tangent about concerns that in the future it would become the cool thing for kids to come out as gay/trans/gender fluid / etc. I thought she was wackadoo.
Boy/girl/spectrum have I ever come to eat that crow.
Every day I get more and more concerned about how to possibly shield/protect my young children from the outside influences that seemingly push harder and harder towards this.

Should we just start a running list of entertainment/hollywood/etc. types that have clarified their gender/sexuality/pronouns etc.?

Thanks & Gig 'Em
Wildmen06
AG
the way that industry is, they almost have to say it or be out of work
Tanya 93
But she died a heroine as Lady Mormont when she stabbed the ice giant in the eye.

She was a kick ass character.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I thought she had Down's Syndrome when I first saw her.
Rapier108
It's a mental illness, but its also now extreme peer pressure to confirm and get tons of praise and adoration heaped on you for being "brave".
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
GeorgiAg
AG
Tanya 93
I do wonder if sometimes youth think they are gender fluid because the girl likes football and fishing more than ballet, pink, and glitter.

Or a boy does like painting, sewing, and baking more than sports.

Perhaps we need to do a better job of letting our kids know it is okay to have interests other people don't
frenchtoast
I would have paid more attention in math class if there had been gin soaked tangents.
GeorgiAg
AG
Rapier108 said:

It's a mental illness, but its also now extreme peer pressure to confirm and get tons of praise and adoration heaped on you for being "brave".
Totally agree. My GF's daughter came out as a "lesbian" in HS until it actually came time to date. She probably did it just to piss her parents off and/or be cool in the current environment. She has a boyfriend now and never really dated a chick.
AirborneAg04
This might be an unpopular opinion, but was Lyanna Mormont a kick ass character? I found her petulant, unrealistic, and irritating.

It was the worst kind of fan service in a show that had previously made its reputations on plausible behavior from its characters.

When I learned the actor had been cast as Ellie, that greatly diminished my enthusiasm for TLOU.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

No, just English.
Whirligigs
After ruining Ron Swanson / not surprised this comes out suddenly. Can't wait for the next woke episode!
Squadron7
AG
I saw Gin Soaked Tangents open for the Doobie Brothers in 1976.
doubledog
Gender fluid should also be qualified with biologically specific.
DallasAg 94
Tanya 93
AirborneAg04 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but was Lyanna Mormont a kick ass character? I found her petulant, unrealistic, and irritating.

It was the worst kind of fan service in a show that had previously made its reputations on plausible behavior from its characters.

When I learned the actor had been cast as Ellie, that greatly diminished my enthusiasm for TLOU.

I loved her character.

She stepped up when others would not for Jon

YMMV
Shooter McGavin
AG
Yawn

These announcements have become tiresome and unnecessary. Nobody really cares.
Squadron7
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

Yawn

These announcements have become tiresome and unnecessary. Nobody really cares.

It is the new, improved way of garnering attention for oneself.

Before this you'd have to use the "abused as a child" thing.

The new version doesn't make you throw your parents under the bus.
MouthBQ98
AG
Data indicates most teenagers are not well informed about what gender fluidity and alternative sexuality actually is and presume that if they don't conform to very strict stereotypes then they must be one of the now numerous special cases. Now that society has become so open about sexual variety and often rewards it with special status and privileges, there is considerable incentive and social pressure to make the declaration and superficially express alternative sexuality without actually behaviorally practicing it, or having any real desire to do so. It's a conformity act in certain social circles, essentially, seeking group membership and approval.
oh no
AG
frenchtoast said:

I would have paid more attention in math class if there had been gin soaked tangents.
I will cosine this statement
Max Power
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Data indicates most teenagers are not well informed about what gender fluidity and alternative sexuality actually is and presume that if they don't conform to very strict stereotypes then they must be one of the now numerous special cases. Now that society has become so open about sexual variety and often rewards it with special status and privileges, there is considerable incentive and social pressure to make the declaration and superficially express alternative sexuality without actually behaviorally practicing it, or having any real desire to do so. It's a conformity act in certain social circles, essentially, seeking group membership and approval.

I'm an adult, I'm not well informed about wtf gender fluidity is either.
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I do wonder if sometimes youth think they are gender fluid because the girl likes football and fishing more than ballet, pink, and glitter.

Perhaps we need to do a better job of letting our kids know it is okay to have interests other people don't

Most of us don't give a **** if a boy likes pink or a girl likes trucks. It's the insane looney left that sees that person and says "you are built wrong. You need a lot of surgery and injections etc". It's grosss. It's disgusting. This is "gay conversion therapy" on steroids. Anyone that supports any of if this nonsense in any manner is a sick sick individual. No surprise of course that the left bases all of this on sex. That is what they seem to care about the most.
Mayor West
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm only gay during annual evaluations at work
AggieRain
AG
This one should surprise nobody...
Bird Poo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

It's not.

It's mostly pop culture conformity and attention seeking addiction through social media. And it's destructive as hell.
Squadron7
AG
I thought male gender fluid is what fertilizes an egg to make a baby.
Dimebag Darrell
98Ag99Grad said:

I am not trying to be mean, but I honestly thought it was the girl from Hereditary and that she had gotten a little work done.

Dimebag Darrell
Tanya 93 said:

That is absolutely what happens. It has always been very common, at least for a few years of ones life around puberty, to kind of grapple with that.

One point Jordan Peterson made on Rogan's recent podcast, is that, at that age, one of your primary purposes or goals as a teenager is to fit in. It is typically one of the most important things in your life. With recent trends, someone who feels like a freak/loser/outcast can get attention and admiration that they otherwise would not have if they kept going about their lives. They almost become "brave heroes" in the eyes of many. I probably butchered his point a bit, but it was one of the best podcasts I have heard in years. To me, there are some parallels with the goth, and then emo, groups of our day.
swampstander
AG
AirborneAg04 said:

I have an opinion I'm sure is more unpopular than yours. I found Game of Thrones completely unwatchable.
Noblemen06
AG
Max Power said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'm an adult, I'm not well informed about wtf gender fluidity is either.
Because it's made-up bull#*$& that constantly changes so you can always be painted as an oppressor for not "doing the work," like all this gender identity ideology preaches.
fordmd
AG
whatever she identifies as, she is bad ass in that show...
redy for pendulum to swing back to normal...what f'ed up times
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AG
fordmd said:

whatever she identifies as, she is bad ass in that show...
redy for pendulum to swing back to normal...what f'ed up times
I agree. Not even sure why it's relevant. Especially enough to merit an article dedicated to the subject.

I have a dream of a system based on full meritocracy.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
AG
oh no said:

frenchtoast said:

I will cosine this statement
How (a)cute.

Don't be obtuse!
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ThreatLevel: Midnight said:

Bella Ramsey - I'm gender fluid

Admittedly a few years ago when my MIL was on a gin soaked tangent about concerns that in the future it would become the cool thing for kids to come out as gay/trans/gender fluid / etc. I thought she was wackadoo.
Boy/girl/spectrum have I ever come to eat that crow.
Every day I get more and more concerned about how to possibly shield/protect my young children from the outside influences that seemingly push harder and harder towards this.

Should we just start a running list of entertainment/hollywood/etc. types that have clarified their gender/sexuality/pronouns etc.?

If you hadn't posted this, I wouldn't have any idea. Nor do I care what she identifies as. Why not take that attitude?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
AG
Yeah and I hate it.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.