Wake up Ags - TAMU is going whole hog down the woke DEI path

6,695 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BoDog
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

Yes, we know A&M is just another lib school and is getting worse every year.

Parents, this is not the A&M you grew up with. Send your kids somewhere else.
How did this happen to a conservative school in a conservative state with conservative alumni with conservative donors?
Young
TexasAggie81
aflleo said:

This story opened my eyes Med school DEI. TAMU is well down the path of being ruined with the installation of the liberal social agenda. Google TAMU DEI and see what you get. This cannot happen to our school. Standup - let the administration know this is unacceptable. Vote with your vote and your donation dollars. What are those donation dollars being used to promote?

Check out Breitbart's article about the DEI bureaucracy at UT.
TAMU1990
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

How did this happen to a conservative school in a conservative state with conservative alumni with conservative donors?
its a PUBLIC university in a state that is roughly 55-57% conservative. I sure as hell didn't go to one of the best engineering schools because of politics
According to the last election, all of the state offices went 10-16% republican over their democratic opponent. So that's more 60/40 at a minimum
TAMU1990
AG
BCG Disciple said:

This needs to be a legislative initiative. Desantis pushed his stop woke act, which prohibited public schools and companies from having CRT and lessons on systemic racism from being included in curriculum and staff training/programming. It is BADLY needed here. Abbot needs to take another page from Uncle Ron.
Rep Tepper has filed a bill to ban DEI offices at public universities so it will be discussed this legislative session. I suggest to send an email to him in support of this bill.
schmellba99
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

Its called "the education bubble"
TommyBrady
AG
If you are dumb enough to believe A&M is "just another liberal school" please send your kids elsewhere. A&M is still incredible and plenty of non lefties are still having a great ass time.

Also if you think John Sharp is woke you don't know what you are talking about.
Ben Matlock
AG
TexAgs91 said:

If your kid "goes woke" after going to school at TAMU, you did a ****ty job raising them
BoDog
AG
Reason I sent my oldest to SMU. Youngest probably headed to War Eagle!
valvemonkey91
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

Vision 2020, Robert Gates, GHWB School of Government, a liberal democrat Chancellor, end of Legacy admits, Title IX, coed Corps Dorms, making CoC a "student organization" and not an ROTC program, diploma mill.

Just off top of my head.
YouBet
AG
Been going on for a while. A&M college of education sent out an email a couple of years ago proclaiming all white people are racist and were having seminars about it.

Racism against whites is policy and core curriculum at Texas A&M.
TexAgs91
AG
deddog said:

TexAgs91 said:

I don't agree with this at all.

How many places are you going to give up to the left?
Stand and fight.
When the hell are traditionally conservative institutions, corporations, cities, towns, states, govt agencies, the military going to get in on the fight too? Every damn one of them falls. It's only a matter of time.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
BusterAg
AG
MAROON said:

happened in 2019. Medical School President replaced as was the DEI person responsible.

Now all DEI has to go through the office of the President for review. The current board doesn't appear to tolerate this kind of bs.

Uh, guys? This is what happened.

What else do you expect from upper brass? Fired the president of the media school. You hoping for a public execution?
FCBlitz
My oldest son was in the top 1/10th percent in the nation for Mathematics. A&M was the only school that did not offer scholarship money. That year and the previous year TAMU was pushing hard for minority students. Son ended up going to UT Dallas on a full scholarship. Good education. Both of my sons ended up at UT Dallas.

I did want them to go to A&M but he financial incentives were too good to pass up. End result is both kids were able to get through school without any debt.
Urban Ag
AG
You want to know how awesome being an Aggie is? I am. My dad is. His dad was. My wife is. Both her brothers are. I have two aunts that are Aggies. I have multiple cousins and second cousins that are Aggies. My wife has multiple cousins that are Aggies. To say the least, we are an Aggie family.

That said, I have not pushed my teenage sons away rom A&M but I have highly encouraged them to look at other options. But I can't seem to get their attention. Both just want to be Aggies. My wife and I think it's because of my dad. The boys are very close to him and he's a 66 and will never admit that A&M is going leftist.

At this point I am not sure I care. I mean, I do, but damn. This sucks.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Can someone list 2-3 universities that are holding fast to conservative principles and not allowing wokeness to appear on their campuses?

A&M still has Muster, Silver Taps and the Corps.
I can't think of another university with a triad of conservative aspects like ours.
valvemonkey91
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Can someone list 2-3 universities that are holding fast to conservative principles and not allowing wokeness to appear on their campuses?

I can't think of another university with a triad of conservative aspects like ours.

Hillsdale
BoDog
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Auburn reminds me of what A&M was about 30 years ago. Beyond that I have no idea...
TexAgs91
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

So this is as far as the slide to the left goes? Oh thank goodness that's done. We can all breathe a sigh of relief now.

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
cajunaggie08
AG
TAMU1990 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

its a PUBLIC university in a state that is roughly 55-57% conservative. I sure as hell didn't go to one of the best engineering schools because of politics
According to the last election, all of the state offices went 10-16% republican over their democratic opponent. So that's more 60/40 at a minimum
a 10-16% win means you won 55-45 or 58-42. So 55-57% conservative. 60/40 minimum means you won by 20% Looks like A&M's math department wasn't that great in the late 80s.
EclipseAg
AG
These types of cultural changes happen -- slowly at first, and then seemingly overnight -- for two reasons.

1) Liberals are constantly working to overturn traditional mores and values. Constantly. They never stop, and when they win one battle, they look for another. Conservatives get caught flat-footed every time.

2) There is tremendous pressure in organizations today to go along with progressive ideas because of the fear of being called racist. Imagine standing up at a faculty meeting and saying you don't like DEI initiatives, or that you believe in merit-based hiring. It might not happen overnight, but the liberals in your department would not rest until you were rooted out.

When you add in the fact that faculty tends to be liberal anyway, it's a miracle A&M has resisted at the level it has.
I am always wrong
Sadly, the only public university in Texas I would be ok sending my children to is Texas Tech, and even Tech is starting to go the same direction as the rest. I'll never donate another dollar to A&M again, including to athletics after our AD supported the feral black lives matter thuggery of 2020.
aflleo
AG
Yes - I was late to the party. I once was lost but now I'm found... Stop donating to this woke shadow of what TAMU really is all about. They will not get another dime. I'm working to take money off the table I've already given. You should do the same. Write to the woke administration. Vote with your money$$$$
AFL '83
WestAustinAg
AG
Bird Poo said:

stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

John Sharp

Sharp isn't woke. He's a pretty normal politician politically speaking.
BoDog
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Bird Poo said:

stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

John Sharp

Sharp isn't woke. He's a pretty normal politician politically speaking.
Maybe he is and maybe he isnt, but it has happened under his watch. If anything he is guilty of letting that POS Young completely gut the institution.
Charles Hickson Knows
Being formerally associated with a racially slurred/profane team entrance song at Kyle Field..

Is that a result of wokeness or racism? Greed? Sin? Stupidity? Lack of institutional control?

Could it happen again?
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
Burnsey
AG
After reading OP post, that settles it…not another dime!
murphyag
AG
The state's top 10 percent rule is what is mostly to blame for many of the changes at A&M. Write to your elected state officials and encourage them to do away with it.
sharpdressedman
dreyOO said:

I'm still planning to send my kids there. And I'm going to prepare them to think critically and challenge idiotic takes like CRT. We get the school that we demand. Both students and former students.
When they speak out in defiance of any or all things woke, their profs will punish them. Don't be surprised when they tell you it is happening.
dreyOO
Ags4DaWin said:

dreyOO said:

I'm still planning to send my kids there. And I'm going to prepare them to think critically and challenge idiotic takes like CRT. We get the school that we demand. Both students and former students.

Why would you give money to support a school that is trying to indoctorinate a generation and brainwash them into thinking something that you are morally opposed to?

Kind of seems like ur okay with enabling an institution to rapidly increase the degradation of society.

We also get the society we demand.

TLDR: you're part of the problem.
Bull***** When we run away from organizations and institutions rather than fix the problems there, then we let the lefties rule. They spread like a damn virus unless we hold our ground and fight.

If you really think A&M is really far left compared to the other school options out there, I'm sorry for you. It's not. The student body is still filled with the more conservative, old-fashioned types of kids that I want MY kids associating with. I'm not going to hide them at a small private school and act like the world is not going to be a challenge.
dreyOO
sharpdressedman said:

dreyOO said:

When they speak out in defiance of any or all things woke, their profs will punish them. Don't be surprised when they tell you it is happening.
First of all, my kids are about 8-9 years out. I'm betting there will be a course correction in our society. It's tough to see it now, but I believe the pendulum will swing back closer to normalcy in the coming years. Similar to how we're seeing more trans folks de-transitioning. Fads fade...wokeness, covid worship, war on religion, etc.will become less popular. Just a wild ass prediction and I can't tell you what the impetus will be. But that's typically how cultural swings occur...back and forth over time.

And if they're ever penalized or persecuted in life, they better be strong enough to hold their ground and work the system appropriately. But I seriously cannot fathom my kids struggling to handle a dewsh teacher or two...or a bunch of idiotic libs in their face. We live in Colorado and see this nonsense every day. College Station, TX is not worse that what we face here.

EX: My daughter's 5th grade teacher came to the burbs from Denver Public Schools. And she came with her dumbass pronouns. We put the school on notice before the first day, that any political theater would not be acceptable. And my daughter knows very well what to look for. Fortunately, the wokester has behaved thus far, but my daughter still thinks she's a weirdo. She's not stupid and we didn't brainwash her. She just knows how to read the weirdness of the lady. If she's doing this at 11 years old, I'm not concerned for her safety at 19.
BoDog
AG
dreyOO said:

sharpdressedman said:

dreyOO said:

First of all, my kids are about 8-9 years out. I'm betting there will be a course correction in our society. It's tough to see it now, but I believe the pendulum will swing back closer to normalcy in the coming years. Similar to how we're seeing more trans folks de-transitioning. Fads fade...wokeness, covid worship, war on religion, etc.will become less popular. Just a wild ass prediction and I can't tell you what the impetus will be. But that's typically how cultural swings occur...back and forth over time.

And if they're ever penalized or persecuted in life, they better be strong enough to hold their ground and work the system appropriately. But I seriously cannot fathom my kids struggling to handle a dewsh teacher or two...or a bunch of idiotic libs in their face. We live in Colorado and see this nonsense every day. College Station, TX is not worse that what we face here.

EX: My daughter's 5th grade teacher came to the burbs from Denver Public Schools. And she came with her dumbass pronouns. We put the school on notice before the first day, that any political theater would not be acceptable. And my daughter knows very well what to look for. Fortunately, the wokester has behaved thus far, but my daughter still thinks she's a weirdo. She's not stupid and we didn't brainwash her. She just knows how to read the weirdness of the lady. If she's doing this at 11 years old, I'm not concerned for her safety at 19.
As a parent I would lose my absolute f'in mind if my kid's fifth grade teacher started the BS.
dermdoc
AG
deddog said:

TexAgs91 said:

I don't agree with this at all.

How many places are you going to give up to the left?
Stand and fight.

I sent my firstborn there, and she is even more staunch conservative and religious now.
Have another kid going there next year.

Let them go to Impact. Go to Breakaway. Get involved with a Christian/ conservative org.

And as a parent, continue to be involved, give them love, discipline and live your values.
Let them see you fight for what you believe in.
Great post. We had lunch yesterday with my in laws and discussed this very subject.

Both Ags as she was able to go because they were married and he was a prof at the time.

They brought up the med school thing and both asked when are we going to stand up for what is right.

And why are we allowing this?

And who are the people who are giving these clowns the right to do this stuff?

Sad times.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAMU1990
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

TAMU1990 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

a 10-16% win means you won 55-45 or 58-42. So 55-57% conservative. 60/40 minimum means you won by 20% Looks like A&M's math department wasn't that great in the late 80s.
Sorry, I was thinking about all of the people who don't vote in addition to the results. Really more antidotal than anything else because where I grew up (rural Texas) many of them didn't vote and plenty of the kids don't vote either.

I'm not living rural now and I live in a 60/40 county (results) with many conservative votes still out there.
MemphisAg1
AG
Urban Ag said:

You want to know how awesome being an Aggie is? I am. My dad is. His dad was. My wife is. Both her brothers are. I have two aunts that are Aggies. I have multiple cousins and second cousins that are Aggies. My wife has multiple cousins that are Aggies. To say the least, we are an Aggie family.

That said, I have not pushed my teenage sons away rom A&M but I have highly encouraged them to look at other options. But I can't seem to get their attention. Both just want to be Aggies. My wife and I think it's because of my dad. The boys are very close to him and he's a 66 and will never admit that A&M is going leftist.

At this point I am not sure I care. I mean, I do, but damn. This sucks.
The values you instilled in them will see them through it just fine. My three sons all went thru A&M in the last +/- 10 years, and if anything, it made them more conservative after being exposed to that. Lol, they even realize mom and dad were more right about stuff now than before they went.
ArmyAg2002
AG
TexAgs91 said:

When you say this I have to wonder where this magical non-woke University is. They all seem pretty liberal
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.