Wake up Ags - TAMU is going whole hog down the woke DEI path

6,542 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BoDog
aflleo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This story opened my eyes Med school DEI. TAMU is well down the path of being ruined with the installation of the liberal social agenda. Google TAMU DEI and see what you get. This cannot happen to our school. Standup - let the administration know this is unacceptable. Vote with your vote and your donation dollars. What are those donation dollars being used to promote?
AFL '83
hunter2012
AG
redcrayon
AG
Did you sleep through 2020??
TexAgs91
AG
Yes, we know A&M is just another lib school and is getting worse every year.

Parents, this is not the A&M you grew up with. Send your kids somewhere else.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
dreyOO
I'm still planning to send my kids there. And I'm going to prepare them to think critically and challenge idiotic takes like CRT. We get the school that we demand. Both students and former students.
TxTarpon
So "Get Woke, Go Broke" is just a fad like "Freedom Fries"?

samurai_science
aflleo said:

This story opened my eyes Med school DEI. TAMU is well down the path of being ruined with the installation of the liberal social agenda. Google TAMU DEI and see what you get. This cannot happen to our school. Standup - let the administration know this is unacceptable. Vote with your vote and your donation dollars. What are those donation dollars being used to promote?
You are way behind, I guess you missed 2020 and everything else? This is tip of the iceberg.
Deplorable
aflleo said:

Kellen called and he wants the 2010s back.
stetson
AG
TexAgs91 said:

How did this happen to a conservative school in a conservative state with conservative alumni with conservative donors?
FJB
ShaggySLC
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

How did this happen to a conservative school in a conservative state with conservative alumni with conservative donors?
Kozmozag
There is something very wrong with academia, uts not surprising the weakest people choose it as a profession.
BluHorseShu
AG
aflleo said:

Well, even though that incident is old and was discussed ad nauseum, I would contact the board members. Too many Ags will continue to donate for the withholding of F16 members to make a dent. And I can tell you that this idea of the entire university going woke is BS. Sure it happens in some areas but I haven't seen anything in the COE that leads me to believe everything has been replaced with stupid 'wokeness'. Guarantee this whole wokeness is just a fad. As soon as people feel the burden of it they will get sick of it and drive on. TAMU is is still a great school. It's all perspective though. I thought it was diminished when they tore down Deware, G Rollie and the old stadium . My memories were of a campus that looked and felt totally different than it even did in the late 90s
Ags4DaWin
dreyOO said:

I'm still planning to send my kids there. And I'm going to prepare them to think critically and challenge idiotic takes like CRT. We get the school that we demand. Both students and former students.

Why would you give money to support a school that is trying to indoctorinate a generation and brainwash them into thinking something that you are morally opposed to?

Kind of seems like ur okay with enabling an institution to rapidly increase the degradation of society.

We also get the society we demand.

TLDR: you're part of the problem.
MAROON
AG
happened in 2019. Medical School President replaced as was the DEI person responsible.

Now all DEI has to go through the office of the President for review. The current board doesn't appear to tolerate this kind of bs.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
TexAgs91
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

Conservatives are spineless.

HTH
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
WestAustinAg
AG
Here's a thread on how it's going over at tu:

FIDO95
AG
I don't think it's that it's that conservatives are spineless. I think it has more to do with the fact that conservatives often lack the ability to defend what should be self-evidently true. Couple that with the idea that conservatives are often less authoritarian than liberals and you see exactly what is playing out on every campus and in every boardroom. The conservatives withdraw and the liberals are left to fill the ever-increasing vacuum.

Liberals love to claim they are more freedom loving yet in every society where the egalitarians are left to run amok, the society becomes more authoritarian in the utopian pursuit of equality and justice. Communist Russia, China, Venezuela, soon to be Canada. Let the narcist officials convince you that they are smarter and will get it right this time only to find out too late that same experiment carried out time and time again gets the same results. Equality in misery.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

The board and administration during Robert Gates tenure let the nose of the DEI camel under the tent.

"Who will mind if we make (conservatives and Christian-hating) Karan Watson the Provost?"

"Who cares about dairy science? We need a Vice President of Institutional Diversity."

"We should have racial hiring quotas in the Department of Engineering."

"It sure would elevate our US News & WR ranking if we focused recruitment and scholarships solely on minority students."
deddog
AG
TexAgs91 said:

I don't agree with this at all.

How many places are you going to give up to the left?
Stand and fight.

I sent my firstborn there, and she is even more staunch conservative and religious now.
Have another kid going there next year.

Let them go to Impact. Go to Breakaway. Get involved with a Christian/ conservative org.

And as a parent, continue to be involved, give them love, discipline and live your values.
Let them see you fight for what you believe in.
LegalDrugPusher
A&M is just Maroon tu these days
FIDO95
AG
deddog said:

TexAgs91 said:

Stand and fight.

I sent my firstborn there, and she is even more staunch conservative and religious now.

Let them go to Impact. Go to Breakaway. Get involved with a Christian/ conservative org.

And as a parent, continue to be involved, give them love, discipline and live your values.

This.

If you refuse to fight for what you love and believe and all you will have left to do is cry over the ashes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieVictor10
AG
How can we wake up if we're already woke?
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
cajunaggie08
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

its a PUBLIC university in a state that is roughly 55-57% conservative. I sure as hell didn't go to one of the best engineering schools because of politics
Dimebag Darrell
deddog said:

TexAgs91 said:

Stand and fight.

This is a good post. In addition, while our institution is certainly trending lib/woke, from my observation, we still have a pretty dang conservative/normal student body compared to the vast majority of schools, including several just down the road. The woke crap is simply not "cool" to a ton of these kids...I would say the overwhelming majority. It's tiring, played out, and way too "establishment".
LMCane
the good news is that during the Super Bowl we have the National Anthem...

and also this year will be the "Black National Anthem" "Raise Up Your Voice"

so at least one minority part of the population in the United States has their own national anthem.

eagerly awaiting when the larger group of Latinos in this country get to sing their "Reconquista" National Anthem of La Bamba during NFL games.
WaltonAg18
AG
LMCane said:

the good news is that during the Super Bowl we have the National Anthem...

and also this year will be the "Black National Anthem" "Raise Up Your Voice"

so at least one minority part of the population in the United States has their own national anthem.

eagerly awaiting when the larger group of Latinos in this country get to sing their "Reconquista" National Anthem of La Bamba during NFL games.
The modern national anthem for Latinos is obviously La Puerta Negra, come on now.

Runners up include anything by Ramon Ayala or Vicente Fernandez.
Ag4life80
AG
Kozmozag said:

There is something very wrong with academia, uts not surprising the weakest people choose it as a profession.
The liberal academia view their intellect as putting them in the highest order of humanity. Capitalism does not reward intellect, it rewards productivity and risk taking. Therefore, academia, who has neither in their makeup, hate capitalism.
TheEternalPessimist
The GOP has a supermajority in Texas.

Why is it NOT intervening in this madness at Texas and Texas A&M?

cajunaggie08
AG
Both schools are making money hand over fist. Money is the the top political identity for all in charge
aggiedent
AG
"Parents, this is not the A&M you grew up with. Send your kids somewhere else."

Where? Welding school? Is there a good/great university (private religious universities $$$$ aside) that is not a bit liberal and woke?

Don't teach your kids to run away from differing opinions. Teach them how to stand up to this crap. You're the greatest teacher in their lives.

And for those who say why give money to this university……… isn't your kids education more important, because if you're going to give $$$$$ to a university, I'd still rather it be A&M.
bigjag19
AG
All of this.

Other than options that just are economically feasible and justifiable, A&M is still far more right than other public's.
BCG Disciple
AG
This needs to be a legislative initiative. Desantis pushed his stop woke act, which prohibited public schools and companies from having CRT and lessons on systemic racism from being included in curriculum and staff training/programming. It is BADLY needed here. Abbot needs to take another page from Uncle Ron.
aggie93
AG
The way to fight this is to call this exactly what it is, overt institutional racism. If you value people based on their race and distinguish people and their accomplishments based on race, you are a racist. We should never abide racists and judging people because of their skin color, positively or negatively, is inherently in contrast to the values of Texas A&M.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Bird Poo
AG
stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

John Sharp
TheEternalPessimist
Bird Poo said:

stetson said:

TexAgs91 said:

John Sharp
Then fire him.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.