Vandy Prof: Math is "White" and "Cisheteropatriarchal"

4,853 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Krautag81
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm guessing the Tacoma Narrows bridge was designed using transhomomatriarchal math.

Squadron7
AG
Exhibit Number 3,211,562 of some academic who isn't talented enough to make any breakthrough in his actual field of study falling back on DEI.

Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwn.
Squadron7
AG
His advanced degrees are in Mathematical EDUCATION...not Mathematics.

What does that tell you?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Squadron7 said:

What does that tell you?

He's clueless in both?
Street Fighter
AG
Regardless of how illogical something may be, there is nothing these people will not do or say to garner attention.
e=mc2
AG
Guess what trans queer POC? Math was hard for my white ass too. Only I have a pair of balls and don't feel the need to cry about it.
Old Sarge
AG
" A Vanderbilt professor delivered a lecture earlier this month at a major mathematician meeting that described college math education as "white" and "cisheteropatriarchal."

Translation: Math R Hard

Evidently for you, dumbass. Go figure.

Pun intended
BDUB95
Squadron7 said:

What does that tell you?

I'm still scratching my head as to how this moron was capable enough to even get a Mathematics BA. Guess "D for diploma" was his creed.
Martin Cash
AG
BDUB95 said:

Good gawd. This person should be kicked out of academics, forced to return her degrees, and apologize to the world for how stupid she is.
Pretty sure it's a he. But hell, who knows anymore.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Squadron7
AG
e=mc2 said:

Guess what trans queer POC? Math was hard for my white ass too. Only I have a pair of balls and don't feel the need to cry about it.

Trans women cry about having balls all the time, apparently.
Old Sarge
AG
Squadron7 said:

e=mc2 said:

Trans women cry about having balls all the time, apparently.

But how many? Tough question when math is too hard.
Cromagnum
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Cisheteropatriarchal
My spell check didn't recognize that word

Anyone using made up compound words like this is considered a moron by me for all time.
fordmd
AG
Mathematics Education as a White, Cisheteropatriarchal Space and Opportunities for Structural Disruption to Advance Queer of Color Justice...

Alex, I'll take "How can you say tyranny of the minority in the most multisyllabic and obtuse way"?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LOYAL AG
AG
One on the major flaws we have as a nation is that people spend a career in politics or academia and have no real world experience. The political side is reflected in economic policy where ideology trumps basic economics and in foreign policy where people with no military experience and no family skin in the game get us into forever wars with no real concern for the cost of those ears. In academia it plays out in idiots like this who make up ridiculous **** to make themselves sound important while making no positive contribution at all the society.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
MouthBQ98
AG
Their entire linguistic dialect and lexicon is intended to make less intelligent people sound more intelligent to other less intelligent people after decades of jealousy in academics of the prestige of STEM versus the humanities in academia, and frustration that many of the humanities academics could not comprehend the more challenging aspects of STEM while the inverse was more typically not an issue. That isn't to say the humanities don't contain some brilliant or highly intelligent individuals but rather there is a huge surplus of chaff surrounding those kernels of grain in those disciplines.
Cromagnum
AG
Phatbob said:

There is nothing in the universe more black & white, hard cold reality than math. It doesn't care what you feel, it doesn't care how hard it is to come up with or deal with, it just is what it is. If math is anti-whatever they want to complain about, then maybe what they want to complain about is, well, reality, and they are just upset that they can't just will a new one into existence.

AggieVictor10
AG
torrid said:

I'm guessing the Tacoma Narrows bridge was designed using transhomomatriarchal math.

Lesbian ****s
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
MouthBQ98
AG
Now that the humanities have claimed the virtue enforcer mantle in academics and are actively bullying and oppressing dissenters and nonconformists, there is a mad scramble in STEM academics up get on the record as conformist with critical theory based ideologies in order to avoid academic ostracism or gain social standing.

It it utterly corrupting of sound academics and science. It is a religious movement.
Cromagnum
AG
The Debt
"Cisheteropatriarchal"...so....the men who created western civilization.

Interesting take considering the arabs who invented algebra was POC-pedos. But whatever...fk white men!
TxTarpon
The Maya might cut his head off since is stupid and not using it.
Maya Math

Then eastern and western Arabic numerals.

More proof Vandy is overrated and expensive.
richardag
Smudge said:

Easy 8 said:

https://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/bio/luis-leyva
Link takes me to the Babylon Bee...
LOL
These super smart people are making it hard for BabylonBee to create parody. I mean how can you create a parody of this insanity.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
waitwhat?
Quote:

cisheteropatriarchal
Does this doofus think you can just string words together like they do in Germany?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
deddog
AG
Easy 8 said:

This is how i imagine every Beta liberal on this site looks like.
Cromagnum
AG
richardag said:

Smudge said:

Easy 8 said:

Link takes me to the Babylon Bee...
LOL
These super smart people are making it hard for BabylonBee to create parody. I mean how can you create a parody of this insanity.

That's precisely why there is a "Not the Bee" website too.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

At the juncture of gender studies, higher education, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), Leyva's interdisciplinary research explores narratives of oppression and agency across historically marginalized groups' educational experiences to uncover interlocking functions of racism and cisheteropatriarchy in undergraduate STEM. He draws on critical race theory, women of color feminisms, and queer of color critique to conceptually and methodologically ground his scholarship, which centers historically marginalized voices in STEM higher education across intersections of race, gender, and sexuality. Leyva's research has been distinguished with awards and fellowships from the American Educational Research Association, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Mindset Scholars Network), National Academy of Education/Spencer Foundation, and Vanderbilt University-Peabody College.

He developed the framework of STEM Education as a White, Cisheteropatriarchal Space as an analytical lens for examining ideological, institutional, and relational forces that shape intersectionality of STEM experiences. His research informs equity-oriented practices in classroom teaching and co-curricular support that affirm underrepresented students' intersectional identities and increase their access to STEM majors.

Leyva is the Director of the PRISM (Power, Resistance & Identity in STEM Education) Research Lab at Vanderbilt-Peabody College. The lab's research serves to hold an "intersectional prism" up to underrepresented students' narratives of experience to illuminate and disrupt multidimensional forms of oppression in undergraduate STEM education.

How rich does a country have to be to support so many people with job descriptions just like this one?

If there truly is a failure of capitalism, this is it.
normalhorn
A more accurate thread title would be

"Hispanic Academian believes AAs aren't Smart enough to Understand Math"

This guy (there I go, assuming zhe's gender) just can't comprehend the basis of the argument being the most racist drivel one could come up with, I guess.

Also, doesn't it seem like Vanderbilt is working it's way up the list of 'Top 10 Locations that Should be Levelled by an Asteroid'?
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
CanyonAg77
AG
Wasn't there just a movie about how black women did the math for NASA back in the 1960s?

If only this guy had been around back then, to tell them not to study math, it was only for white males.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Their entire linguistic dialect and lexicon is intended to make less intelligent people sound more intelligent to other less intelligent people after decades of jealousy in academics of the prestige of STEM versus the humanities in academia, and frustration that many of the humanities academics could not comprehend the more challenging aspects of STEM while the inverse was more typically not an issue. That isn't to say the humanities don't contain some brilliant or highly intelligent individuals but rather there is a huge surplus of chaff surrounding those kernels of grain in those disciplines.
Put more succinctly:

Owlagdad
If you call yourself a queer, then people will treat you as such.
GeorgiAg
AG
Math comes from ancient Middle East. What a racist Islamophobe.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
VaultingChemist said:

I am sure glad that Srinivasan Ramanujan did not think that because he was poor and nonwhite that he would not be accepted as a mathematician.

The beauty of math is that it does not care about your thoughts and feelings.

tHaTs ThE pRoBlEm!!!!!

DW91AG95
AG
Easy 8 said:

Thanks alot I think my phone now has monkey pox ..
one safe place
If I was on a jury of someone who did something extreme to anyone who wrote or uttered "cisheteropatriarchal" I would have to find them not guilty.
The Debt
one safe place said:

If I was on a jury of someone who did something extreme to anyone who wrote or uttered "cisheteropatriarchal" I would have to find them not guilty.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.