M&Ms says it's replacing 'beloved spokescandies' with Maya Rudolph

10,476 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by annie88
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LMCane
GeorgiAg said:

Why don't companies just focus on their product?

What moron at these companies is like, "we need to turn our product political."
Disney executives say "hold my beer"
Sam and Dean
AG
CDUB98 said:

Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

Sorry, but taking go go boots off the green candy and giving her tennis shoes in my mind isn't going woke. It is just reflecting the times as those were outdated by style.

That's not what got people pissy. You're either willfully ignorant, or trolling. Pick one.

Guess you will deem me ignorant as well, but who in the heck is Maya Rudolph? (It is merely a rhetorical question. )
"I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna...I shall never surrender or retreat."
Iowaggie
AG
A&W counters:
not hedge
Woke vs Anti woke
boulderaggie
AG
At first i thought this was an issue because some of the spokecandies have nuts.
JW
AG
I know 0 people who are talking or think about M&Ms outside this thread. Sales must be down though.
cajunaggie08
AG
Someone grabbed a pic of one of Tucker Carlson's prized shirts

cajunaggie08
AG
Iowaggie said:

A&W counters:

This is the first time I have ever seen an A&W mascot so kudos to them for getting their name out there
Texker
AG
Next up Pooh bear, Yogi bear and Boo-Boo bear.
CanyonAg77
AG
Sam and Dean said:

CDUB98 said:

Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

Sorry, but taking go go boots off the green candy and giving her tennis shoes in my mind isn't going woke. It is just reflecting the times as those were outdated by style.

That's not what got people pissy. You're either willfully ignorant, or trolling. Pick one.

Guess you will deem me ignorant as well, but who in the heck is Maya Rudolph? (It is merely a rhetorical question. )

The hooker from "Idiocracy"

Seems appropriate
agent-maroon
AG
Texker said:

Next up Pooh bear, Yogi bear and Boo-Boo bear.
Where are the bottomless female bear mascots???
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
annie88
AG
The Debt said:

annie88 said:

Pookers said:

The candy is worse than the politics. Stop eating this poison. There's lots of good chocolate out there but M&Ms aint it.
Peanut M&Ms rock. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

M&Ms killed more Americans than covid.
But less than diet drinks.

It all evens out.
AGHouston11
AG
M&M corp should have to pay an extra health tax for the harm they have done to people of color's health
AggieVictor10
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Someone grabbed a pic of one of Tucker Carlson's prized shirts

What is the candy equivalent of a furry
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.
Lake08
This is every commercial or product. How many married couple are mixed vs. the representation on tv? There are more mixed, gay couples on tv then the norm. It's rediculous
KingMidas
This whole thing turned out to be a PR stunt. They aren't changing their mascots. They will continue.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
It's a cringey troll for a brand

Kind of wondering what nut job made that decision
KingMidas
She's not replacing the mascots.. it's a PR stunt and you fell for it
KingMidas
CDUB98 said:

Kansas Kid said:

waitwhat? said:

Go woke, go broke.

It's all a PR stunt. The mascots are staying. No Maya. People are making mountains out of nothing
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Bro this is an odd flex
torrid
AG
Yes a prank, and I completely fell for it. It seems there is going to be a giant return of the "spokecandies" during the Super Bowl

Trajan88
AG
Years ago I recall reading about the family behind the M&M Mars company... extremely private, running their world-wide empire out of a relatively small, non-de script building.

Guess the notion of private, conservative (?) has changed over the years with today's family that's calling the shots... more liberal than dad.

"Meet the Mars family, the 'notoriously private' billionaire heirs to the Snickers and M&Ms candy empire: how America's third-richest family made its US$94 billion fortune"

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3140034/meet-mars-family-notoriously-private-billionaire-heirs
agent-maroon
AG
KingMidas said:

This whole thing turned out to be a PR stunt. They aren't changing their mascots. They will continue.
Well hooray for this! Order has been restored and now I can go forward with my (mostly) M&M-free life choices!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
torrid
AG
It turns out the last three years have been a prank too. But I think y'all already knew that.
An L of an Ag
AG
torrid said:

It turns out the last three years have been a prank too. But I think y'all already knew that.

You misspelled "coup".
The Porkchop Express
You were so upset about it you had to make a sock and then dredge up a 10-year old thread to say how ugly Maya Rudolph is?
Demosthenes81
AG
I just kept wondering how they were going to incorporate a deceased famous track star in their marketing campaign.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Trajan88 said:

Years ago I recall reading about the family behind the M&M Mars company... extremely private, running their world-wide empire out of a relatively small, non-de script building.

Guess the notion of private, conservative (?) has changed over the years with today's family that's calling the shots... more liberal than dad.

"Meet the Mars family, the 'notoriously private' billionaire heirs to the Snickers and M&Ms candy empire: how America's third-richest family made its US$94 billion fortune"

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3140034/meet-mars-family-notoriously-private-billionaire-heirs

I'm acquainted with several members of the Mars family. They live a private life but are friendly. They are not as involved in the nuts and bolts of their company's operations as you'd think
wessimo
AG
Candies are back y'all got troilled
Kenneth_2003
AG
wessimo said:

That was a great troll job by M&M Mars.
Franklin Comes Alive!
wessimo said:

Nah

They put a candy in sneakers instead of pumps to help women's rights….

M&m trolled themselves

Stay woke though, everyone thinks you're doing great!
wessimo
AG
Green was still in heels
dead
AG
Are you that attached to the green M&M's go-go boots?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Spokescandies? More like wokescandies… gnome sayan?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.