Trans women come out swinging at Aretha Franklin

5,458 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexAgs91
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now Aretha Franklin's song Natural Woman is deemed OFFENSIVE to trans women | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

The song A Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin is being bashed by LGBTQ critics as 'offensive,' with one organization in particular saying the tune helps perpetuate harmful anti-trans stereotypes.

Released as a single by the late Queen of Soul back in 1967, the stirring love ballad is now facing scrutiny - despite preaching positive messages in regards to women and femininity in general.

Leading the charge to have the song nixed is the Norway-based Trans Cultural Mindfulness Alliance (TCMA), a group that started formed earlier this year and has since made its presence known with a series of polarizing posts on social media.

In the time since, statements made by the organization - which seeks to open a chapter 'in each European country and North America' - have spawned outrage, including its January 20 request to pull Franklin's song from streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music.

Quote:

'There is no such thing as a "natural" woman,' the organization went on to declare, before claiming the song has already 'helped inspire acts of harm against transgender women.'

TCMA said it is requesting the song be 'removed from Spotify & Apple Music.'

The post - the group's first-ever on social media - would go on to garner national attention, amassing more than 300,000 views in a matter of days.
Quote:

Social media users were quick to question whether or not the account, started just days ago, was satirical, designed to fan the flames fueling the ongoing war between progressives and the political right.

Quote:

Despite assertions from many that the group is legitimate, including from TCMA itself, many users remain skeptical, and believe the brazen requests are a gag.

The group, however, attested to its legitimacy in a post published Monday morning.

'For clarification, the TCMA is not a parody organization,' it read, adding that the organizers 'are a group of trans individuals seeking to make culture more fair for transgender individuals.

'We are based in Norway but are seeking to open a chapter in each European country and also North America,' the group revealed.

I hope it proves to be a parody account but regardless, trans are not 'natural women' and never will be.
CDUB98
AG
ooohhhh, **** off, TCMA
tysker
AG
Will this make Rolling Stone drop Tapestry from its top 25 album list?
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Kashchei
AG
Buy physical media
Biz Ag
AG

Quote:

"This song has helped inspire acts of harm against transgender women"

Yup. Any time I hear an Aretha Franklin song, I just can't wait to poleaxe a ******.

aggiehawg
AG
Aretha did not write that song. Carole King wrote the music and Gerry Goffin wrote the lyrics.
Tanya 93
ProgN said:

Now Aretha Franklin's song Natural Woman is deemed OFFENSIVE to trans women | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

The song A Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin is being bashed by LGBTQ critics as 'offensive,' with one organization in particular saying the tune helps perpetuate harmful anti-trans stereotypes.

Released as a single by the late Queen of Soul back in 1967, the stirring love ballad is now facing scrutiny - despite preaching positive messages in regards to women and femininity in general.

Leading the charge to have the song nixed is the Norway-based Trans Cultural Mindfulness Alliance (TCMA), a group that started formed earlier this year and has since made its presence known with a series of polarizing posts on social media.

In the time since, statements made by the organization - which seeks to open a chapter 'in each European country and North America' - have spawned outrage, including its January 20 request to pull Franklin's song from streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music.

Quote:

'There is no such thing as a "natural" woman,' the organization went on to declare, before claiming the song has already 'helped inspire acts of harm against transgender women.'

TCMA said it is requesting the song be 'removed from Spotify & Apple Music.'

The post - the group's first-ever on social media - would go on to garner national attention, amassing more than 300,000 views in a matter of days.
Quote:

Social media users were quick to question whether or not the account, started just days ago, was satirical, designed to fan the flames fueling the ongoing war between progressives and the political right.

Quote:

Despite assertions from many that the group is legitimate, including from TCMA itself, many users remain skeptical, and believe the brazen requests are a gag.

The group, however, attested to its legitimacy in a post published Monday morning.

'For clarification, the TCMA is not a parody organization,' it read, adding that the organizers 'are a group of trans individuals seeking to make culture more fair for transgender individuals.

'We are based in Norway but are seeking to open a chapter in each European country and also North America,' the group revealed.

I hope it proves to be a parody account but regardless, trans are not 'natural women' and never will be.

A period does involve bleeding out of the fairy garden.

If it was just a state of mind, pads and tampons would not exist. Who wants to bleed monthly?

MouthBQ98
AG
Give me a break. This has to jump the shark at some point…,
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

Aretha did not write that song. Carole King wrote the music and Gerry Goffin wrote the lyrics.
Facts. BOOOOOOOOOOO.

HarryRocket
Cool trans folks, police your own.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Kashchei said:

Buy physical media
Definitely. I've got a CD of the original Black Eyed Peas release of "Let's Get R-word" which was later made famous with alternate lyrics - "Let's Get It Started".
MouthBQ98
AG
Wait, I thought they were demanding that everyone believe and profess they are natural women.

But, then they aren't special again so they want to still have their trans identity as an intersectional group, but be able to bully other groups or feign harm at their own convenience.

It's a stupid narcissistic mind game.
Urban Ag
AG
We went to a wedding Saturday evening in South Austin. First wedding we've been to in at least 5-6 years. There were a lot of nice looking women in attendance, my wife included, the 30's to 50's crowd. All done up, nice sexy/classy dresses, high heels, looking great. Of the younger crowd, teens through 20's, the pink and purple hair dominated, piercings, odd clothing, many were somewhat disheveled looking. They mostly sat at tables and read their phones while the older crowd hit the open bar and danced.

Never thought I'd see the day where the older women completely outshined the younger ones at a wedding.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
WaltonAg18
AG
There was a thread about that account just a few days ago, and they had few than 300 followers.

Is there any definitive proof this isn't parody? These days it gets harder and harder to tell the difference with the radlibs
justcallmeharry
S

If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Urban Ag said:

Of the younger crowd, teens through 20's, the pink and purple hair dominated, piercings, odd clothing, many were somewhat disheveled looking.
Ah yes, the hopelessly predictable "I want to become a leftist harpy" uniform. Most of their futures involve driving a hatchback covered with bumper stickers expressing played-out and tired tropes (or loser candidates), bouncing from job to job at "trendy" bars where you can get "craft" cocktails, and relatively hideous tattoos that are all financed with debt.
Old McDonald
WaltonAg18 said:

There was a thread about that account just a few days ago, and they had few than 300 followers.

Is there any definitive proof this isn't parody? These days it gets harder and harder to tell the difference with the radlibs
account origin is 2009, but all tweets before the aretha one have been deleted

this is a troll job, psyop, or both
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
ProgN said:

Quote:

"So, yes, transgender women can absolutely have periods and need free hygiene products."

Like toothpaste and deodorant? Shampoo?

ETA: tried to just quote from the line in the screenshot. Not ProgN.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Actual Talking Thermos
Quote:

the post - the group's first-ever on social media
OK so this is not a real thing
waitwhat?
Poe's Law in full effect.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Kansas Kid
aggiehawg said:

She may not have written the song but she gave it life in her own, unique style. None of the covers of it are worth listening to but I will always love the original.
Buck Turgidson
A "state of mind" requires you to buy feminine hygiene products for anatomy you don't have?!!! Seriously, just lock these morons in the nuthouse and don't ever let them touch a keyboard again.
FJB
AG
Wish there was a recording that could blast over the airwaves in this dystopian landscape.

"You make me feel! You make me feel like an Unnatural woman. Woman!"
Who is John Galt?

WestTexasAg
AG
Bosco
AG
"Lift up black voic-"

*Ehem*

"The black face of white suprem-"

*checks notes*

"This song promotes violence against…."

nortex97
AG
Tanya 93 said:

If it was just a state of mind, pads and tampons would not exist. Who wants to bleed monthly?

Ummmm....they're out there. Seriously. They make videos about it and everything.

Texmid
AG

I gave it a listen on Youtube just to further piss off these loons.
deddog
AG
aggiehawg said:

Found the lawyer
Whirligigs
i miss the days of 'we just want to get married.'
Cromagnum
AG
How do they feel about Steve Tyler?

agent-maroon
AG
If there is no such thing as a "natural" woman, then how do any of these transgenders explain their own existence?

You really can't fix stupid...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tanya 93
Even teens love this song

aggiehawg
AG
deddog said:

aggiehawg said:

Found the lawyer
Just an old fan of Carole's music back in the day. She wrote a lot of songs for other people before she became a performer on her own.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/01/entertainment/carole-king-james-taylor-songs-backstory-film/index.html
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.