Trans women come out swinging at Aretha Franklin

5,410 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexAgs91
Ag_of_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCMA is consider looney tunes by most trans people I know. A lot of these little pop-ups yall quote on here are the WBBC type groups of the trans population....
BadMoonRisin
AG
Why is what some obscure trans rights organization typing something on the internet considered "news" by journalists?

So sick and tired of that. No a tweet is not news.
American Hardwood
AG
Carole King's version on Tapestry to me is better than Aretha's.

Not taking away anything from Aretha as obviously she is legendary, but Carole's recording sounds so much more intimate and has that hippie/folksy groove that seems lacking in Aretha's version. Tapestry is one of my favorite albums though I primarily consider myself a punk/metal fan primarily.
Highway6
AG
American Hardwood said:

Not taking away anything from Aretha as obviously she is legendary, but Carole's recording sounds so much more intimate and has that hippie/folksy groove that seems lacking in Aretha's version. Tapestry is one of my favorite albums though I primarily consider myself a punk/metal fan primarily.
Much of the music from that era has held up extremely well. I'm sure you have noticed "Magic Carpet Ride" and "Voodoo Child" on TV ads recently.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Oh FFS
Owlagdad
Gonna download all the Spencer Davis "I'm a man" before the addadicttome crowd finds that song.
Bobaloo
NOTHING more awesome than a natural woman!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Tanya 93 said:

A period does involve bleeding out of the fairy garden.

If it was just a state of mind, pads and tampons would not exist. Who wants to bleed monthly?

Apparently a bunch of emasculate men
dmart90
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

TCMA is consider looney tunes by most trans people I know. A lot of these little pop-ups yall quote on here are the WBBC type groups of the trans population....
Then y'all need to contact TCMA and tell them to shut the **** up! It's stupidity like this that gets people riled up.
aggiehawg
AG
Owlagdad said:

Gonna download all the Spencer Davis "I'm a man" before the addadicttome crowd finds that song.
Or this one.

Biz Ag
AG
Next on the woke hit list:

Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue
The Girl is Mine - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson (also glorifies stalkers and the "if I can't have her, no one can" crowd)
Surfer Girl - The Beach Boys
She's Always a Woman to Me - Billy Joel
More Than a Woman - BeeGees
I Am Woman - Helen Reddy
She's a Lady - Tom Jones
The Lady is A Tramp - Frank Sinatra (especially offensive as it mocks trans women AND the homeless)
Lady - (a twofer here as both Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers have versions)
Lady in Red - Chris DeBurgh

And finally, the group Lady Antebellum had to drop the "highly offensive" latter term and now go by "Lady A." Are they simply going to be known as "A" from now on?
VaultingChemist
AG
American Hardwood said:

I had Tapestry on 8-track. I liked to play it while driving on "the drag" with my girlfriend.
docaggie
AG
1) make statement that's waaaaay out there
2) go viral
3) put your funding link up and ask for donations
4) watch $$ (or Euros, in this case) roll in from gullible people

In this case I read an update where the account claims to be satire
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Nm
aggie93
AG
Obama is a tremendous Transphobe and should be cancelled immediately. That's the rules, right?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
RED AG 98
AG
Ooo! I found their perfect anthem:

cheeky
AG
Is a trans woman born with or without the *****? Hard to keep up with biology in their fantasy land.
Burnsey
AG
Trannies (as in plural form of trans people) are mentally ill. That's a fact. It's not my opinion - it's science. It's way past time that we stop try to placate people who can't or won't accept the of reality of their situation.
LOYAL AG
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

For now but we've all seen this movie. The looney toon groups are always where the left ideas get their start. Remember the LGBTQIA+ crowd just wanted to get married.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
TxTarpon

nai06
AG
Its very clearly a parody account. They admitted it in now deleted tweets.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/01/24/parody-trans-account-tcma-drops-media-for-treating-obvious-aretha-franklin-parody-as-real-story-and-lol/

Reading their feed its pretty obvious what their views are.

Also all of this outrage from a random twitter account who's first tweet was on January 20th, the day they went after Aretha Franklin.
swampstander
AG
Biz Ag said:

Lady - (a twofer here as both Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers have versions)
Actually a threefer... You forgot Styx song "Lady".
TexAgs91
AG
Tell me again what percentage of the population is trans? The OP article seems to suggest it's WAY higher than I thought.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.