Illinois Gun Ban

4,876 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RAB91
Dimebag Darrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmellba99 said:

Brittmoore Car Club said:

Ummm...

My buddy wants to know if they make a similar device for semi-automatic rifles? I told him he's a dumbass for even asking, and that the engineering is WAY different, but he insisted that I ask Texags anyways. Sorry!
Can you manufacture or 3d print a sear for an AR or MP5? Sure, but it's illegal just like the Glock switches are. 10-20 years in a FPMITA prison because our laws are dumb.
Hoping for an eventual far right or libertarian pendulum shift. Stupid that I cannot own a fully automatic, as a good law abiding citizen. Even more stupid that we can't just go out and buy suppressors.

Only violent criminals get full auto
Slicer97
AG

Wait, weren't "switches" already highly highly illegal? I was under the impression a switch was classified as a "machine gun" under federal law.

Does this liberal clown really think this is going to stop criminals and gang bangers in Chicago? How are liberals so stupid and naive?

You don't honestly think that this has anything to do with reducing criminal activity, do you?
deddog
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

Just another reminder that OP votes for the political party that created this.
Also feigns righteous indignation while doing it.
deddog
AG

GeorgiAg said:

I looked everywhere. Can't believe y'all haven't discussed this yet.

Well, that's it. Chicago is saved. (sarcasm)

Quote:

Those already owning guns on the assault weapons list will be allowed to keep them, but would have to register them with the Illinois State Police. It would still be legal for current owners to possess such weapons on their own private property, at gun ranges, in designated hunting areas, and in other locations.
Gotta register with the police.
Wait, weren't "switches" already highly highly illegal? I was under the impression a switch was classified as a "machine gun" under federal law.

Does this liberal clown really think this is going to stop criminals and gang bangers in Chicago? How are liberals so stupid and naive?
They are neither stupid nor naive.
They are evil

Aim isn't to prevent mass shootings.
The aim is to prevent lawful citizens from owning weapons.
combat wombat™
AG
Oh, THANK G**, now the criminals in Chicago won't be able to use guns anymore.
Dimebag Darrell
deddog said:

GeorgiAg said:

Quote:

Those already owning guns on the assault weapons list will be allowed to keep them, but would have to register them with the Illinois State Police. It would still be legal for current owners to possess such weapons on their own private property, at gun ranges, in designated hunting areas, and in other locations.

They are neither stupid nor naive.
They are evil

Aim isn't to prevent mass shootings.
The aim is to prevent lawful citizens from owning weapons.
True, I need to be reminded of this from time to time. The vast majority of their followers are stupid and naive though. And fueled by hatred.
MROD92
I personally find the Governor to be extremely brave in signing such legislation. I'm sure he has SO much faith in it that he will immediately forego his armed protective detail
MRod92
rbs03Ag
AG
Do you know how many prank calls would happen reporting this to a PD in Texas?

"Yeah, I need to register my rifle. And my gun. (Laughter). I gotta bump stock too, if you get my drift. (Click)"
outofstateaggie
AG
Tramp96 said:

So from this point forward, ANY gun violence in Illinois will be Indiana's fault.

Correct. Where guns are legal and there is hardly any gun violence. Makes perfect sense.
dunlay
AG
So much of this has already been ruled unconstitutional in the opinions from SCOTUS and the various federal appeals courts. The politicians involved should be held PERSONALLY responsible for the costs associated with the upcoming litigation.
BlueSmoke

OaklandAg06 said:

WTF is a switch?
Street/rap name for a small device that converts semi-automatic pistol into fully-auto. I want one, but not worth throwing my life away so I would never pursue.

I fired a full auto pistol once. I was lucky to hit the stock tank I was standing in front of. Completely uncontrollable....but fun
Nobody cares. Work Harder
oh no
AG
I'm sure these 8th grade Ultra-MAGAs in Chicago are happy to comply right now.

https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/wshhwim92Bu9p36crS95/chicago-kids-celebrate-graduating-from-middle-school-by-showing-off-their-glock-switches
Dimebag Darrell
oh no said:

I'm sure these 8th grade Ultra-MAGAs in Chicago are happy to comply right now.

https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/wshhwim92Bu9p36crS95/chicago-kids-celebrate-graduating-from-middle-school-by-showing-off-their-glock-switches
Geez, a bunch of young idiots with zero firearms experience firing fully automatic pistols...that is just a recipe for hitting anything and anyone BUT your target.

No wonder there are so many people shot in Chicago.
schmellba99
AG

schmellba99 said:

Ummm...

My buddy wants to know if they make a similar device for semi-automatic rifles? I told him he's a dumbass for even asking, and that the engineering is WAY different, but he insisted that I ask Texags anyways. Sorry!
Can you manufacture or 3d print a sear for an AR or MP5? Sure, but it's illegal just like the Glock switches are. 10-20 years in a FPMITA prison because our laws are dumb.
Hoping for an eventual far right or libertarian pendulum shift. Stupid that I cannot own a fully automatic, as a good law abiding citizen. Even more stupid that we can't just go out and buy suppressors.

Yep. It is federal law on any and all motorized vehicles that a sound suppression device is installed. Has to have it, no exceptions. And the decibel rating must meet a specific criteria to be legal.

But on a firearm, a sound reducing device is somehow verboten and evil and we must beg for permission from the federal overlords, who can deny at a whim or take their sweet ass time approving. Or in the case of one ATF agent, would literally throw applications in the trash when they piled up on his desk and he didn't feel like messing with them.

I mean, if that doesn't make perfect sense...then what in this world actually does?

Dimebag Darrell
schmellba99 said:

schmellba99 said:

Ummm...

Yep. It is federal law on any and all motorized vehicles that a sound suppression device is installed. Has to have it, no exceptions. And the decibel rating must meet a specific criteria to be legal.

But on a firearm, a sound reducing device is somehow verboten and evil and we must beg for permission from the federal overlords, who can deny at a whim or take their sweet ass time approving. Or in the case of one ATF agent, would literally throw applications in the trash when they piled up on his desk and he didn't feel like messing with them.

I mean, if that doesn't make perfect sense...then what in this world actually does?
I am convinced stupid libs truly think the "silence" the weapon. FAR from the truth.
Psycho Bunny
shack009 said:

Finally we have common sense assault switch control.
If only this bill was passed back in the 80's my azz would have been saved.
MarathonAg12
OaklandAg06 said:

WTF is a switch?

Little Rock Ag
AG
Central Committee said:

Even NY and CT had an estimated registration rate of 3% and 20%, respectively.

And no way in hell would I ever.
This just in...Illinois reports surge in number of boat accidents.
GeorgiAg
AG
They should have just passed a law that criminals won't shoot anybody anymore and turn in their guns.
sharpdressedman
It's Illinois. Simple answer to WTF is happening?
rab79
AG
If 8 of the highest murder rate cities stats were removed from the US overall murders we would drop out of the top 10 countries with the highest murder rates, we wouldn't even be in the top 150. Looking at you chicago.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
MemphisAg1
AG
rab79 said:

If 8 of the highest murder rate cities stats were removed from the US overall murders we would drop out of the top 10 countries with the highest murder rates, we wouldn't even be in the top 150. Looking at you chicago.
That is a damning statistic for Dems and big city mayors.

What are those 8 cities?

Here's my guess... Chicago, St Louis, Memphis, Baltimore, Oakland, Atlanta, Detroit, DC
oh no
AG
rab79 said:

how far would USA murder rank drop if we only took away AR-15 from the ultra MAGAs?
Ag_of_08
AG
Hopefully this will finally strike the Cali and all thebother illegal ones down, now that the fifth cant keep remanding it...
rab79
AG
oh no said:

rab79 said:

how far would USA murder rank drop if we only took away AR-15 from the ultra MAGAs?
not at all, but you know this...
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
APHIS AG
GeorgiAg said:

Quote:

This also goes along with their new law where criminals committing 2nd degree murder and other felonies will be released without a bond.

Illinois Democrats are doing their best to destroy their State and give it to the criminals.
NonNewtonian
AG
FBI Table 20 Data From 2019 - Murders by State by Weapon Type

Another Data Set- About halfway down the page select "Homicide"

FTAG 2000
AG
Already up to a third of the county sheriffs and DAs in the state saying they will not comply.

Expect they to climb more by the end of the week.
RAB91
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.