Illinois Gun Ban

4,871 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RAB91
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I looked everywhere. Can't believe y'all haven't discussed this yet.

Well, that's it. Chicago is saved. (sarcasm)

Quote:

Those already owning guns on the assault weapons list will be allowed to keep them, but would have to register them with the Illinois State Police. It would still be legal for current owners to possess such weapons on their own private property, at gun ranges, in designated hunting areas, and in other locations.
Gotta register with the police.
Tramp96
So from this point forward, ANY gun violence in Illinois will be Indiana's fault.
Central Committee
AG
Even NY and CT had an estimated registration rate of 3% and 20%, respectively.

And no way in hell would I ever.
BQ78
AG
Quote:

and switches
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
well i have no doubt that the criminals will follow this law. chicago is now safe.
shack009
AG
Finally we have common sense assault switch control.
CDUB98
AG
shack009 said:

You ever seen what a pissed off Mawmaw can do with a switch?
BQ78
AG
Wish they had that in my day, when my dad told me to break off a branch from the plum tree.
Irish 2.0
This won't hold muster at SCOTUS
Tramp96
CDUB98 said:

shack009 said:

Mine was more into instant gratification...thus, the wooden spoon. It was already in her hand.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Welcome to Modern Lawfare

Pass a blatantly unconstitutional law and vigorously enforce it while stalling all the legal challenges to it. You know it will take years to get to SCOTUS and when it gets struck down, you immediately pass a new law virtually identical to the last one and get another fresh round of time to confiscate weapons and oppress your citizens

There needs to be a fast path to SCOTUS for issues like this where there's no question that this law is illegal
The Fife
BQ78 said:

Quote:

and switches

Not that kind, these

MemphisAg1
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Pass a blatantly unconstitutional law and vigorously enforce it while stalling all the legal challenges to it. You know it will take years to get to SCOTUS and when it gets struck down, you immediately pass a new law virtually identical to the last one and get another fresh round of time to confiscate weapons and oppress your citizens

There needs to be a fast path to SCOTUS for issues like this where there's no question that this law is illegal
There is -- just get to the right federal district judge who rules in alignment with SCOTUS.
OaklandAg06
AG
WTF is a switch?
I am always wrong
Irish 2.0 said:

They don't care. They can pass and enforce a thousand of these state laws and local ordinances in the time it takes one of them to reach SCOTUS and be invalidated.
Irish 2.0
I am always wrong said:

Irish 2.0 said:

They don't care. They can pass and enforce a thousand of these state laws and local ordinances in the time it takes one of them to reach SCOTUS and be invalidated.

All they need is a federal stay. It will be unenforceable with a stay
BQ78
AG
An add on to a SAG to turn it into full auto. So they are already banned at the Fed level. Guess this is Illinois' version of the Respect for Marriage Act.
ChemEAg08
AG
Just another reminder that OP votes for the political party that created this.
schmellba99
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

SCOTUS needs to have blanket decisions that cover any and all similar laws instead of just that single individual case. But that would take a backbone and comprehension of the Constitution. So obviously it wont' happen.
Dimebag Darrell
GeorgiAg said:

Quote:

Those already owning guns on the assault weapons list will be allowed to keep them, but would have to register them with the Illinois State Police. It would still be legal for current owners to possess such weapons on their own private property, at gun ranges, in designated hunting areas, and in other locations.
Wait, weren't "switches" already highly highly illegal? I was under the impression a switch was classified as a "machine gun" under federal law.

Does this liberal clown really think this is going to stop criminals and gang bangers in Chicago? How are liberals so stupid and naive?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Quote:

Registration - every good tyrants first step on the road to authoritarianism
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Dimebag Darrell
OaklandAg06 said:

WTF is a switch?
Street/rap name for a small device that converts semi-automatic pistol into fully-auto. I want one, but not worth throwing my life away so I would never pursue.

schmellba99
AG
OaklandAg06 said:

WTF is a switch?
Glock switch is probably what they are referring to, which is already illegal. So this law makes it even more strenuously illegal, which of course means all of the bad guys will now take the illegal add ons to their already illegal guns and start going to church on Sundays begging for penance and what not.

A glock switch is a little piece of plastic or metal that can easily be 3d printed that allows the firearm to run in full automatic mode. It's a novelty at best, but has been found more and more when bad guys shockingly do bad guy things.
Irish 2.0
They're super easy to make on a 3D printer....so I'm told.
Rapier108
And most of those Glock switches are coming from, wait for it... China.

Edit: Yes, as the two people posted just before I did, they can and are also 3D printed.
Dimebag Darrell
Ummm...

My buddy wants to know if they make a similar device for semi-automatic rifles? I told him he's a dumbass for even asking, and that the engineering is WAY different, but he insisted that I ask Texags anyways. Sorry!
GeeBee
AG
This answer is just like the libtard's answer they use in schools. They are taught to think like weak idiots.

At my kid's middle school they apparently caught a kid with drugs years ago. The answer? Ban lockers. So they spent who knows how much having someone insert a bolt with an acorn nut through every locker door latch to make it inoperable. Meanwhile kids walk around with 30 lbs of books and laptop in their backpacks. So effing stupid. I called and asked why. The response was basically heavy mouth breathing from the principal.
Independence H-D
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Ummm...

My buddy wants to know if they make a similar device for semi-automatic rifles? I told him he's a dumbass for even asking, and that the engineering is WAY different, but he insisted that I ask Texags anyways. Sorry!

It's a trap....
Matt_ag98
Yeah they added the "switch" part in there just to make a point, kid shot up a MacDonalds downtown with a Glock 19 last May with a "switch" on etc and also one of those ridiculous 34 round extended magazine on the weapon. Only good news of that incident was the shooters girlfriend fell while fleeing and scrambling over the L tracks which electrocuted and badly burned her
Dimebag Darrell
Independence H-D said:

Ummm...

It's a trap....
Dimebag Darrell
GeeBee said:

This answer is just like the libtard's answer they use in schools. They are taught to think like weak idiots.

At my kid's middle school they apparently caught a kid with drugs years ago. The answer? Ban lockers. So they spent who knows how much having someone insert a bolt with an acorn nut through every locker door latch to make it inoperable. Meanwhile kids walk around with 30 lbs of books and laptop in their backpacks. So effing stupid. I called and asked why. The response was basically heavy mouth breathing from the principal.
I think eventually, the flight we are seeing to the suburbs, will be a flight of similar reasonable/conservative people further out, to small rural towns. Yeah, it's better in the suburbs than in the cities, but you still hear about stupid sh** in Cypress or MoCo that you wouldn't hear about in Longview or Tyler, TX.

Although, my friends say that there is a girl at a school in College Station that identifies as a cat or other animal, and demands a litter box and the school has accommodated her. So maybe we are just all f***ed in the coming years.
EMY92
AG
So they make the weapon illegal, and have just made it almost impossible to arrest and jail the criminal. Makes perfect sense. Also, over the past 10 years, there have been fewer murders by assault weapons nationwide than people murdered in Chicago in any given year.
Shoefly!
AG
CDUB98 said:

shack009 said:

My MeeMaw could do work and whip dat ass with a switch!
schmellba99
AG

Ummm...

Can you manufacture or 3d print a sear for an AR or MP5? Sure, but it's illegal just like the Glock switches are. 10-20 years in a FPMITA prison because our laws are dumb.
Cromagnum
AG
BQ78 said:

Quote:

and switches

couldn't.

Choose wisely when you go pick your own switch
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.