Grifter Trump Jr shilling "we the people Bibles"

12,182 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bryanisbest
Maroon Dawn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Maroon Dawn said:

cecil77 said:

Look, this is really bad optics. Any one, like me, that voted for him twice but didn't like the antics is pushed further away. DJT seems to have turned into a money gathering organization, which trivializes any seriousness he may still have about actually helping the country. The number of emails begging for money that my wife gets is amazing. I'm in the camp that he's too old anyway, so it hasn't changed my position.

But it's really sad. Almost as sad as the posters on this thread that don't think that (at least) it's in poor taste.

He has absolutely jumped the shark.

You're asking us to care about a mote of dust while the rest of the house is on fire and the media tells us to ignore Joe and Hunter with matches and gas cans in their hands
Man, priorities. The governments of men will continue to be corrupt and corruptible. This is about mixing the corruption and authority of man with the incorruptible authority of God.

From a political lens yeah this is small potatoes in terms of scandal.

From a religion lens this is a big deal and nobody should be hawking bibles that venerate governments of man.

"Please care about this it's SUPER cereal!!!"

No
fka ftc
Tanya 93 said:

This conversation would be totally different if it was Sasha Obama or Barbara Bush doing this...

I challenge that it absolutely would not. Plus, Sasha would be selling the Quran and not the Bible. At least be honest about that.
Decay
AG
"Please be outraged at this miniscule thing" is typical Concerned Moderate drivel. Are we also allowed to want the border invasion to stop, or for kids to not be groomed
fka ftc
one MEEN Ag said:

Maroon Dawn said:

cecil77 said:

Look, this is really bad optics. Any one, like me, that voted for him twice but didn't like the antics is pushed further away. DJT seems to have turned into a money gathering organization, which trivializes any seriousness he may still have about actually helping the country. The number of emails begging for money that my wife gets is amazing. I'm in the camp that he's too old anyway, so it hasn't changed my position.

But it's really sad. Almost as sad as the posters on this thread that don't think that (at least) it's in poor taste.

He has absolutely jumped the shark.

You're asking us to care about a mote of dust while the rest of the house is on fire and the media tells us to ignore Joe and Hunter with matches and gas cans in their hands
Man, priorities. The governments of men will continue to be corrupt and corruptible. This is about mixing the corruption and authority of man with the incorruptible authority of God.

From a political lens yeah this is small potatoes in terms of scandal.

From a religion lens this is a big deal and nobody should be hawking bibles that venerate governments of man.

Good thing the US is not a government based on the tenets of man, but principled on "endowed by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights" in the Declaration of Independence. Though Creator is agnostic as to whose actual god it referees to, you cannot exclude the fact that our founding principles line up with general Christian beliefs and that Christianity has been a fundamental part of our history, for better and potentially for worse.

DJT Jr is now "hawking bibles". He merely is endorsing a certain style of bible that may appeal to certain customers. This is NO DIFFERENT than your local Christian bookstore selling a hot pink bible with monogramming for your little princess to take to her first day of Sunday school.

Being upset with this is maximum TDS.
Adverse Event
BattleGrackle said:

Sickening

https://wethepeoplebible.com/

Insert meme "find the difference in these pictures"
Trump NFT || Trump Bible

There's no difference.
What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
fka ftc
LMCane said:

what is frankly bizarre is the Trumps have hundreds of millions of dollars (allegedly)

why are they constantly grifting?

Did you bold the "grifting" part as confirmation you have no flipping idea what the word means?

Let me definite it briefly. Grifting is swindling, deceiving, cheating others in a small way. Celebrity doing an commercial advertising bibles to potential customers at reasonable prices then fulfills that order has no cheated, swindled, deceived, etc.

Whatever you think this is, it is NOT grifting.
fka ftc
Adverse Event said:

BattleGrackle said:

Sickening

Insert meme "find the difference in these pictures"
Trump NFT || Trump Bible

There's no difference.

If he sold crypto would it get you excited?

Do you get upset at all commercials?
Tanya 93
fka ftc said:

Tanya 93 said:

This conversation would be totally different if it was Sasha Obama or Barbara Bush doing this...

I challenge that it absolutely would not. Plus, Sasha would be selling the Quran and not the Bible. At least be honest about that.

Sure

And I had a BLT with extra mayo and a side of ranch for breakfast
LMCane
Funky Winkerbean said:

LMCane said:

Tom Doniphon said:

I'm definitely no Trump acolyte, but what can his son do that y'all wouldn't consider "grifting"? Dude is helping - regardless of his intent or lack of - sell and "endorse" the Bible.... what on earth is so horrible about that?

if he is just some altruistic Christian-

why wouldn't he just cut a commercial and give away free bibles?

Altruistic like Barack and Joe?
I despise Barack and Joe- what do they have to do with Trump Junior grifting bibles?

why do Trump defenders find it IMPOSSIBLE to not pull the: "whatabout XXX leftists and what they do!!"

how about we actually discuss an issue at hand without having to go to your Trumpian crutch of "Whataboutism!!"
dermdoc
AG
LMCane said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

LMCane said:

Tom Doniphon said:

I'm definitely no Trump acolyte, but what can his son do that y'all wouldn't consider "grifting"? Dude is helping - regardless of his intent or lack of - sell and "endorse" the Bible.... what on earth is so horrible about that?

I despise Barack and Joe- what do they have to do with Trump Junior grifting bibles?

why do Trump defenders find it IMPOSSIBLE to not pull the: "whatabout XXX leftists and what they do!!"

how about we actually discuss an issue at hand without having to go to your Trumpian crutch of "Whataboutism!!"

Because of the obvious hypocrisy of not calling out your own side.
And Trump folks are guilty of the same.

And to me, there is an obvious double standard in the media which makes Trump supporters frustrated and angry.

May I ask the last time you made a derogatory post about a lefty?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fka ftc
Flagged. Blatant lies and false information by misuse of the term grift. Be better.
oh no
AG
leftists get to change the definition of anything they want if they can use it to insult/demean/vilify/dehumanize their political opponents.

want a smaller federal government and lower taxes? Fascist!!!!
selling something? Grifter!!!!!
demand accountability from school board members? Domestic Terrorist!!!!
believe in god/ go to church? Far right wing extremist!!!
take all the proven/tested vaccines but hesitant about an experimental one you don't really need? Anti-vaxxxer- killing us all!!!!
acknowledge how ****ed up or vote by mail elections and collusion interference is? ELECTION DENIER!!!!!!
anything else? RACIST!!!!!
LMCane
dermdoc said:

LMCane said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

LMCane said:

Tom Doniphon said:

And to me, there is an obvious double standard in the media which makes Trump supporters frustrated and angry.

Try searching the threads- there are dozens of posts I make going after leftists and their insanity. I have been volunteering in GOP political campaigns since the 1996 Dole Campaign.

Coincidentally, I don't have to make derogatory posts about lefties- to also be able to point out that Don Trump is a sure fire political loser in 2024.
fka ftc
LMCane said:

Try searching the threads- there are dozens of posts I make going after leftists and their insanity. I have been volunteering in GOP political campaigns since the 1996 Dole Campaign.

Coincidentally, I don't have to make derogatory posts about lefties- to also be able to point out that Don Trump is a sure fire political loser in 2024.
The OP is about Don Jr slinging patriotic bibles and has NOTHING to do with DJT '45 running for president. Yet, you feel compelled to join the lefties in making sure to get a crack in on Trump being "a sure fire political loser".

A conservative would simply say he's hawking bibles and we agree more religion is a good thing. Instead, you join the left "Don Jr is a grifter and his daddy is a loser" chatter. Does it make you feel better getting into bed with Biden voters?
cecil77
AG
fka ftc said:

The OP is about Don Jr slinging patriotic bibles and has NOTHING to do with DJT '45 running for president. Yet, you feel compelled to join the lefties in making sure to get a crack in on Trump being "a sure fire political loser".

A conservative would simply say he's hawking bibles and we agree more religion is a good thing. Instead, you join the left "Don Jr is a grifter and his daddy is a loser" chatter. Does it make you feel better getting into bed with Biden voters?

Wow. Just wow.
fka ftc
Thanks.
dermdoc
AG
LMCane said:

dermdoc said:

LMCane said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

LMCane said:

Tom Doniphon said:

My apologies.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieVictor10
AG
The Trump cult sure gets triggered when you poke fun at their god and his griftbook.
Tex100
AG
justcallmeharry said:

Best Bibles ever.

They're HUGE….
CSTXAg92
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

I would very much be interested in hearing which passage of the Bible most speaks to him and which character he most identifies with.

Because without him being able to meet your standard of faith he's clearly lost & a shill.
BluHorseShu
AG
fka ftc said:

Does Jesus consider it a sin to misuse the term "grifter" over and over again?

How is asking you to buy a bible then shipping you a bible "grifting"?

If they end vacation bible school with a flyer to buy a personalized bible is the VBS school "grifting"?

And if instead you want a free bible, then Gideons has some for you.

I have no issue with more bibles being in peoples hands, regardless of whether you like DJTJr or not.

Bizarro thing to get torqued about, IMO.
Jesus has no problem with the term grifter when it's true. I think you're missing the point. Do you think DJT-lite is selling to bring people closer to God, to make a buck or as apolitical ploy. Jesus knows. The rest of us are suspect
BluHorseShu
AG
BluHorseShu said:

fka ftc said:

If they end vacation bible school with a flyer to buy a personalized bible is the VBS school "grifting"?

I have no issue with more bibles being in peoples hands, regardless of whether you like DJTJr or not.

Jesus has no problem with the term grifter when it's true. I think you're missing the point. Do you think DJT-lite is selling to bring people closer to God, to make a buck or as apolitical ploy. Jesus knows. The rest of us are suspect
Well, I just noticed the political aspect of those bibles. Altering the Bible, even the cover, to promote politics is a no go. The scripture speaks for itself. But go ahead and continue to support Trump and his family . I'm sure the money only goes to charity like Trumps presidential salary ((that he somehow forgot to donate in 2020). People inside the cult never see it
TheEternalPessimist
BattleGrackle said:

Sickening

Peddling the Word of God with political slogans is wrong. I don't care who it is.

My Biblical values inform my political choices/voting. But I don't imbue political slogans into on onto my Bible.
Faustus
DallasAg 94 said:

A Net Full of Jello said:

I would very much be interested in hearing which passage of the Bible most speaks to him and which character he most identifies with.
Probably in Two Corinthians.

I'm guessing King Solomon. Son of King David, who was known for raping Bathsheba and then sending her husband to his death.

King Solomon was given great wealth and great wisdom. He was commanded to NOT do one thing that he quickly did and married from outside... and then had more concubines than could be imagined. At the end of his life he'll realize "Vanity. Vanity. All is vanity." as he reflects on the empty life he lived and squandered.
I'm thinking he identifies with Samson's prowess and hair.

Maroon Dawn
AG
When Leftist tries to pretend they care about Christianity to try and score cheap political trolling points:

Concerned Moderate: "ZOMG guys! How DARE Don Jr profane the most holy Word of our Christian God by selling it!"

Normal Sane Human: "You mean the Word of the God that says homosexuality is a sin, marriage is between a man and a woman and that the only way to the Father is through Jesus and not the Democratic Party?"

Concerned Moderate: "HOW DARE YOU SHOVE YOUR BIGOTED RELIGION ON ME?!?!?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
fka ftc
BluHorseShu said:

BluHorseShu said:

fka ftc said:

Well, I just noticed the political aspect of those bibles. Altering the Bible, even the cover, to promote politics is a no go. The scripture speaks for itself. But go ahead and continue to support Trump and his family . I'm sure the money only goes to charity like Trumps presidential salary ((that he somehow forgot to donate in 2020). People inside the cult never see it
If by the Jesus who told me he would edge when he mowed but then didn't, then yes that Jesus understands grifting.

You are in no position to tell me what Jesus does and does not agree with, nor what God does or does not agree with.

THe bible is KJV, unaltered except for highlighting Jesus's word in red - like many many bibles do.

You can go to any ****ty craft job in the South and find embroidered, knitted bible covers with cats sewn into it with halos. So cut it our on changing the cover. It still says Holy Bible on the cover.

Calling someone who does not think as you do as a member of a cult is actually identifying one's self as a member of a cult.

You do you bro, buy your bible from the megachurch store where the elders diddle little kids. Or you can buy it from a company that hired Don Jr to endorse their bible.

When has Biden donated a dime he EARNED in his life? Go on, show it! Man has never earned his own nickel in his LIFE.
BigRobSA
fka ftc said:

LMCane said:

what is frankly bizarre is the Trumps have hundreds of millions of dollars (allegedly)

Did you bold the "grifting" part as confirmation you have no flipping idea what the word means?

Let me definite it briefly. Grifting is swindling, deceiving, cheating others in a small way. Celebrity doing an commercial advertising bibles to potential customers at reasonable prices then fulfills that order has not cheated, swindled, deceived.

$90.00 is the cheapest....that's nowhere "reasonable". At all.

Not gonna call it grifting, but can understand it being labeled as such. I'd just call it "stupid".
fka ftc
BigRobSA said:

fka ftc said:

LMCane said:

Let me definite it briefly. Grifting is swindling, deceiving, cheating others in a small way. Celebrity doing an commercial advertising bibles to potential customers at reasonable prices then fulfills that order has not cheated, swindled, deceived.

$90.00 is the cheapest....that's nowhere "reasonable". At all.

Not gonna call it grifting, but can understand it being labeled as such. I'd just call it "stupid".
You are so right. We should point out how cheap they are to other leather KJV bibles.

Here you go:

https://customleatherbibles.com/
milosh
Grift-
Quote:

The We The People Bible is made out of 100% bonded leather.

Your link-
Quote:

KJV Leather Bible Compact - Full Grain Cowhide
fka ftc
milosh said:

Grift-
Quote:

The We The People Bible is made out of 100% bonded leather.

Your link-
Quote:

KJV Leather Bible Compact - Full Grain Cowhide

PLain BONDED leather bible on Amazon.com is $62, but keep trying.

ABATTBQ11
AG
That's 4 bible versions. How many versions is, "We the people"?

ETA You really seem to be struggling to cherry pick here. First you try to compare to custom, genuine leather Bibles, which are MUCH higher quality, and then you switched to bonded leather set of 4.
JBGoode
AG
More people today need their hearts open and their mouths shut.

Cynicism is just a simp way of drawing attention to yourself.
fka ftc
ABATTBQ11 said:

That's 4 bible versions. How many versions is, "We the people"?

ETA You really seem to be struggling to cherry pick here. First you try to compare to custom, genuine leather Bibles, which are MUCH higher quality, and then you switched to bonded leather set of 4.
Obviously they price by the word?

I imagine the one I posted is smaller print and does not include the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution, plus the Pledge of Allegiance.

Point is $90 is not unreasonable from an overall perspective, but if you and friends want to cherry pick it apart, go for it. I really could give two ****s.

My original point to all of this was that it is NOT GRIFTING when you willing pay a price for something of indeterminate value but that someone agreeing purchases for a certain value and the product is delivered in the quantity, content, description, materials, condiction, etc as advertised.

If We The People bible company delivers cat food and soy lattes with a free Joe Biden 2024 shirt with all proceeds benefiting Hunter's legal defense, then I would call that grifting.

I have seen nothing further than endorsing the product he was (likely, not confirmed) paid to endorse.

Bur if you think you "Got me!!!", then go ahead. I still sleep perfectly fine at night.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think another 3 complete Bibles would incur significantly more cost to print than the <5 pages for the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Pledge of Allegiance. $60 for FOUR Bibles means they're roughly $15 each. You think about 5 pages of material justifies 5x the cost of the other ~1200? Seriously?

ETA Bonded leather, large print, KJV Bible for $18.

https://churchsource.com/products/kjv-reference-bible-personal-size-giant-print-red-letter-edition-comfort-print-holy-bible-king-james-version?currency=USD&variant=31753018605665&gclid=CjwKCAiAwc-dBhA7EiwAxPRylAZlCCHcOUXGJwNGWcrJnloZbxA0hGOrmVveeM0lC-NlBU_UJCvi3RoCFfgQAvD_BwE

But yeah, $90 is totally reasonable, and slapping "We the People" branding on it and adding a few pages completely justifies spending another $70. It's not late night infomercial level pandering at all...
fka ftc
ABATTBQ11 said:

I think another 3 complete Bibles would incur significantly more cost to print than the <5 pages for the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Pledge of Allegiance. $60 for FOUR Bibles means they're roughly $15 each. You think about 5 pages of material justifies 5x the cost of the other ~1200? Seriously?
That's cute. but shows you have zero knowledge of book manufacturing. You fun 1st grade breakdown of costs excludes the size of print, type, thickness of paper, and the fact the 4 version parallel is printed 2 versions to a page, etc.

BUt since you seem utterly hung up on the price, here is a single KJV bonded-leather bible for $65.62.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1496439805/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A226ZO3UOKHFUH&psc=1

A single We The People bible is $69.99. Thus ends the discussion on the reasonableness of the pricing. Thanks for playing though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.