Congresswoman Hartzler crying over the Respect for Marriage Act

4,877 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cajunaggie08
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

How does this open the door to child marriages. Do you think one of the states will suddenly going to go full scale Libertarian and say anyone can marry any living person they want regardless of age?
What are the odds he'd marry puppies if given the chance?

GMaster0
Crying over it is some real snowflake stuff, but hey whatever, whining and crying is really in fashion now.
TaxLawAg
cajunaggie08 said:

43rd Street Posse said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Republican Congresswoman Hartzler breaks down in tears on the House floor pleading for other representatives to vote down the Respect for Marriage Act. Being forced to recognize other states' marriage licenses really has her all worked up. I thought Democrats were supposed to be the emotional ones.

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-congresswoman-cried-begging-colleagues-to-vote-against-a-same-sex-marriage-bill-2022-12?utm_source=reddit.com
And? It's only very recently legal in like 29 out of almost 200 countries in the world. I don't think any Asian country has legal same sex marriage...are they all bigoted homophobes?. This is very consistent with history, across time, place and religions. Marriage is between a man and a woman...up until very recently, just in a few places.

In that light, it's actually kind of a big deal to change such an institution.
The government is just listening to the people for once. If you don't like it, why dont you go move to one of the hundreds of other countries that doesn't allow it.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx

A GALLUP POLL.

I can't imagine how big a piñata someone who's a "Cajun Aggie…democrat" must be.
TaxLawAg
Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Marriage is still left up to the states. A state isn't being forced to issue marriage certificates for couples they don't believe should be allowed to. But just like many other cases in this country, a license from one state should be recognized by the other state. Would you feel better if it wasn't called marriage but rather "government recognized union with all the benefits and legal protections as what we used to call marriages but churches didn 't like the word being co-opted?"

When can I expect NY to recognize my license to carry?

Before or after NYC is underwater from global warming?
After would be my bet.

That's cool. That should be the same timeline for red states to be required to recognize gay marriages by federal fiat.
Of course, it would be a lot easier if the bigots in the red states simply recognize gay marriage because it is the right thing to do, like all the rest of us do.

This should be a bannable offense.

People aren't bigots simply because they don't agree with gay marriage. But you sure ****ing are for assuming so much about people that do.
I don't agree with it, and that's because God doesn't either. And thus, it isn't "the right thing to do."
Bob Lee
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Marriage is still left up to the states. A state isn't being forced to issue marriage certificates for couples they don't believe should be allowed to. But just like many other cases in this country, a license from one state should be recognized by the other state. Would you feel better if it wasn't called marriage but rather "government recognized union with all the benefits and legal protections as what we used to call marriages but churches didn 't like the word being co-opted?"

After would be my bet.

That's cool. That should be the same timeline for red states to be required to recognize gay marriages by federal fiat.
Of course, it would be a lot easier if the bigots in the red states simply recognize gay marriage because it is the right thing to do, like all the rest of us do.

How did you discern that it's the right thing to do?
BusterAg
AG
TaxLawAg said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

After would be my bet.

People aren't bigots simply because they don't agree with gay marriage. But you sure ****ing are for assuming so much about people that do.
I don't agree with it, and that's because God doesn't either. And thus, it isn't "the right thing to do."
Can you point me to some objective truth that it is the right thing to do?

If not, why is my opinion less right than your opinion?
titan
S
TaxLawAg said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

After would be my bet.

If he wants to call God a bigot, let him. It will resolve itself in time.
TaxLawAg
BusterAg said:

TaxLawAg said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

After would be my bet.

Read The Bible. Talk to a pastor at any respectable church. Use your brain the consider nature's laws.
BusterAg
AG
TaxLawAg said:

BusterAg said:

TaxLawAg said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

After would be my bet.

Read The Bible. Talk to a pastor at any respectable church. Use your brain the consider nature's laws.
Sorry. I obviously responded to the wrong post.
BusterAg
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

Watermelon Man said:

Tom_Fox said:

cajunaggie08 said:

After would be my bet.

TXAGFAN
AG
GMaster0 said:

Crying over it is some real snowflake stuff, but hey whatever, whining and crying is really in fashion now.
Victims.
TaxLawAg
TXAGFAN said:

GMaster0 said:

Victims.

Oh the irony.

You literally vote for a party you don't agree with simply because they pat you on the head when it comes to your choice to have sex with other men. Maybe you should respect the authenticity of those that tell you they believe it's wrong…but still care about you just the same.
Rather than those that just tell you what you want to hear son you'll vote for them.
91AggieLawyer
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

How does this open the door to child marriages. Do you think one of the states will suddenly going to go full scale Libertarian and say anyone can marry any living person they want regardless of age?

Once there is an identifiable voting block for the democrat party, regardless of what that is, it will open the door to whatever they want. They were against illegal immigration; now they're for it. They were against the redefinition of marriage; now, they're for it. All that changed was their idea about how they could use it for an electoral advantage.

The only principle is power.
TXAGFAN
AG
TaxLawAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

GMaster0 said:

Victims.

Oh the irony.

You literally vote for a party you don't agree with simply because they pat you on the head when it comes to your choice to have sex with other men. Maybe you should respect the authenticity of those that tell you they believe it's wrong…but still care about you just the same.
Rather than those that just tell you what you want to hear son you'll vote for them.
Your sarcasm detector is broken, but seems like much more of a victim post than anything I've ever posted.
TaxLawAg
TXAGFAN said:

TaxLawAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

GMaster0 said:

Victims.

Oh the irony.

Your sarcasm detector is broken, but seems like much more of a victim post than anything I've ever posted.

Or it's 1am…
redcrayon
AG
TXAGFAN said:

43rd Street Posse said:

TXAGFAN said:

cajunaggie08 said:

It doesn't, but that's the talking point they heard on tv/radio.
I will say this...any gay person who is against polygamous marriages is a complete hypocrite. About as big of a hypocrite as the "my body my choice!" (even though it literally affects a completely different body) people were when it came to vaccine mandates and people simply wanting bodily autonomy and the right to make their own medical decisions.

I think any gay person who is against incestuous marriages is a hypocrite too, personally.
I care what you think. Forgive me, I don't think gay marriage is the same as marrying your sister or multiple people.

Love is love. Why do you hate people who are different from you? How are they hurting you? What they do in the privacy of their own hone is none of your business.

Sound familiar?
B-1 83
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

C@LAg said:

cajunaggie08 said:

yes. eventually Dems will push the boundaries into areas that are generally considered unacceptable to the majority of people, regardless of party affiliation.
Sadly child marriage is still legal in the majority of states.

Since 2018, six states have banned all marriages before 18: Delaware and New Jersey in 2018, Pennsylvania and Minnesota in 2020, Rhode Island and New York in 2021. Other states have recently tightened permissive child marriage laws, raising ages and adding some safeguards. Looks at those evil Democratic lead states banning marriage.
And yet there is a movement to lower the voting age to 16 in NY by………………Democrats! Amazing!

https://meng.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/meng-reintroduces-legislation-to-lower-the-voting-age-in-america-to-16
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Ellis Wyatt
God never changes. The Word of God never changes. Objective truth never changes.

Degeneracy advances.
cajunaggie08
AG
Martin Cash said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Really? So a state can refuse to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples? I thought Obergefell settled that.
It did, The same way Roe V Wade settled abortion rights for women....until it no longer did. These actions by congress are an attempt to protect inter-racial marriage and same-sex marries from the whims of some supreme court justices. Wouldnt it be better for a congress of representatives to make something the law of the land rather than an interpretation of 7 justices?
cajunaggie08
AG
B-1 83 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

C@LAg said:

cajunaggie08 said:

yes. eventually Dems will push the boundaries into areas that are generally considered unacceptable to the majority of people, regardless of party affiliation.
Sadly child marriage is still legal in the majority of states.

Since 2018, six states have banned all marriages before 18: Delaware and New Jersey in 2018, Pennsylvania and Minnesota in 2020, Rhode Island and New York in 2021. Other states have recently tightened permissive child marriage laws, raising ages and adding some safeguards. Looks at those evil Democratic lead states banning marriage.
And yet there is a movement to lower the voting age to 16 in NY by………………Democrats! Amazing!

https://meng.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/meng-reintroduces-legislation-to-lower-the-voting-age-in-america-to-16
I disagree with letting 16 year olds vote, but thats a huge stretch to compare allowing a 16 year old to vote to allowing a 16 year old to be married off to the first guy that had a crush on her.
cajunaggie08
AG
TaxLawAg said:

cajunaggie08 said:

43rd Street Posse said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Republican Congresswoman Hartzler breaks down in tears on the House floor pleading for other representatives to vote down the Respect for Marriage Act. Being forced to recognize other states' marriage licenses really has her all worked up. I thought Democrats were supposed to be the emotional ones.

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-congresswoman-cried-begging-colleagues-to-vote-against-a-same-sex-marriage-bill-2022-12?utm_source=reddit.com
And? It's only very recently legal in like 29 out of almost 200 countries in the world. I don't think any Asian country has legal same sex marriage...are they all bigoted homophobes?. This is very consistent with history, across time, place and religions. Marriage is between a man and a woman...up until very recently, just in a few places.

In that light, it's actually kind of a big deal to change such an institution.
The government is just listening to the people for once. If you don't like it, why dont you go move to one of the hundreds of other countries that doesn't allow it.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx

A GALLUP POLL.

I can't imagine how big a piñata someone who's a "Cajun Aggie…democrat" must be.
If that means I'm full of candy, then that works for me
cajunaggie08
AG
SanAntoneAg said:

cajunaggie08 said:

What are the odds he'd marry puppies if given the chance?

He doesn't seem like the marrying type.....
Ciboag96
Will you sing hymns in prison like Paul? Get ready.
43rd Street Posse
TXAGFAN said:

43rd Street Posse said:

TXAGFAN said:

cajunaggie08 said:

It doesn't, but that's the talking point they heard on tv/radio.
I will say this...any gay person who is against polygamous marriages is a complete hypocrite. About as big of a hypocrite as the "my body my choice!" (even though it literally affects a completely different body) people were when it came to vaccine mandates and people simply wanting bodily autonomy and the right to make their own medical decisions.

I think any gay person who is against incestuous marriages is a hypocrite too, personally.
I care what you think. Forgive me, I don't think gay marriage is the same as marrying your sister or multiple people.
Of course it's not the same, and gay marriage is not the same as straight marriage, yet here we are. Love is love, right?

"You just don't like polygamous/incestuous marriage because it's "icky"!"

That's what we were always told when we argued two men getting married was different than man and woman, and did not fit the definition of traditional marriage.

A lost of you guys are complete hypocrites, let's be honest. Two men can get married and play house but a man can't with three women? A guy shouldn't be able to marry his mother or sister? As a straight man, that is no less wacky than two duded marrying, sorry.
“Elon's wife left him for a trans woman and he dove right into the alt right pipeline, can't make this stuff up”
-Old McDonald
aggietony2010
AG
It would be even better if the decisions were made by a legislature more closely connected to the people, which is what Dobbs did.
JohnLA762
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

JFC.

cajunaggie08
AG
JohnLA762 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

JFC.

Go look up the laws in your state. Odds are child marriage is already legal as long as mom and dad sign off on it. The door has been way open way to that before gay marriage was allowed here.
JohnLA762
AG
You are STILL missing it…

cajunaggie08
AG
Well then set it up on a tee for me
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.