College campus, night club, Walmart.

10,024 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Squadron7
BCG Disciple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social media is the culprit. Issues are magnified, and mental instability becomes more unstable. The political pendulum swings back and forth at an ever increasing rate as rhetoric is ramped up from both sides.

COVID and authoritarian lock downs made this issue that much more pronounced. Each side has dug in and used propaganda tactics to bury the truth and stay in their own versions of the truth.
Nitro Power
AG
blacksox said:

CDUB98 said:

Because criminals intent on killing people will definitely follow gun laws.

I know, Australia and the UK are really suffering with all those illegal guns killing people.
I know still in the US...but

San Francisco
Chicago
New York

Strictest gun laws in the land, but keep being wrong per usual
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
43rd Street Posse
TikkaShooter said:

Uh Virginia. Not Idaho.

So many you can't even keep them straight.
Do Chicago plz. So many on any given weekend you can't keep up. Guns must be the problem there. They need to adopt gun control measures.
TRADUCTOR
This is an over 5 cat level OP.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
TikkaBleeder

I'll take your guns off your hands so that you needn't live with the guilt of contributing to the problem.

Let me know
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Sims
AG
blacksox said:

One Louder said:

Or hey...how about the 1970s when guys had gun racks in their trucks at school and there were no school shootings?

Yes, we've gotten much worse as a society, to the point where politicians fetishize guns by publishing pictures of their families showing off their assault rifles. We didn't have that stupidity in the 70s as well. If only there was some variable we could remove to solve this problem, the same as almost all advanced nations have done.

It's safer when Democrat politicians don't take pictures with guns.
43rd Street Posse
ThreatLevel: Midnight said:

TikkaBleeder

I'll take your guns off your hands so that you needn't live with the guilt of contributing to the problem.

Let me know
This, I will even do a buyback program, $100 for every non-3D-printed firearm. $150 for a Tikka Ar-15 or similar rifle.
Get Off My Lawn
Want a common thread? Ask whether these murderers were raised in positive God-fearing nuclear family environments.

Sure, there's nature & nurture components to the creation of psychopaths so one will occasionally sneak through, but the trend line is VERY strong.

Oh, and don't forget the baseline for of violence: https://heyjackass.com/
MooreTrucker
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Uh Virginia. Not Idaho.

Virginia was a shooting. Idaho were stabbings.

Panzer's point is correct, OP just chose to ignore that one because it didn't fit the narrative.
DrEvazanPhD
blacksox said:

One Louder said:

Or hey...how about the 1970s when guys had gun racks in their trucks at school and there were no school shootings?

Yes, we've gotten much worse as a society, to the point where politicians fetishize guns by publishing pictures of their families showing off their assault rifles. We didn't have that stupidity in the 70s as well. If only there was some variable we could remove to solve this problem, the same as almost all advanced nations have done.
Mentally ill democrats? But i repeat myself.
AgBQ-00
AG
This is a dumb take even by OPs standards.
laavispa
Unlike current 'D' politicians HST knew how to inspect a rifle. As a WWI Capt. and retired reserve Col. certainly qualified. The LAST of the 'D' presidents really worth their pay.
Red Red Wine
AG
Don't forget all of the vehicles that need to be banned.

Parade victims.

Police cadet victims.

BAN ALL CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are murdering and injuring people!!!!!!!!!
Nitro Power
AG
Red Red Wine said:

Don't forget all of the vehicles that need to be banned.

Parade victims.

Police cadet victims.

BAN ALL CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are murdering and injuring people!!!!!!!!!
These types want to ban guns, but legalize drugs...what kind of bass ackwards thinking is tha..
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Ag with kids
AG
Weapons used in worst mass killings in the US

1a) 767
1b) 757
2) Uhaul truck
Sims
AG
Ag with kids said:

Weapons used in worst mass killings in the US

1a) 767
1b) 757
2) Uhaul truck
0a) Planned Parenthood
akm91
AG
The perps in the 3 incidents noted by OP

* Black
* Trans
* Black

Gee, I wonder what the commonalities are among those three?
IndividualFreedom
Hey OP when governments stop becoming oppressive and tyrannical, individuals might fall for your utopia idea. Morals are gone with the removal of God. That is why you have 3 of these law breaking attacks in the same week. Admit that I am correct and move along.
DrEvazanPhD
OP with drive-by trolling
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

OP with drive-by trolling
Yeah, another drive by, which is ironically the enemy of this nation's past-time. Yeah, when you post a topic and then do not reply to almost 3 pages of logic, you lost the debate.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
HumbleAg04
AG
jwhaby
TikkaShooter said:

Uh Virginia. Not Idaho.

Idaho was a stabbing. Better start regulating knives.
Bird Poo
AG
TikkaShooter said:

All in one week.

And what do the sites have in common? The shooters?

Absolutely nothing.

Couldn't be the guns though. Right? I mean. It's never the gun.

:|

Move along. Nothing to see here. Just a mental health crisis. 10 years ago we blamed Hollywood. 20 years before it was video games. What's the next move of the goal posts, folks? Fast food? Obesity is my guess.

Insanity that this is the America we live in.

How do you propose getting rid of 330 million guns? It's such an asinine thought when you apply a little logic to any idea of confiscation.

But you are wrong. There is a correlation that you purposefully dismiss.

ALL WERE RAISED IN FATHERLESS NUTJOB FAMILIES TO BECOME MURDERING *******S.

That is what a ******* is. A fatherless child who doesn't know how to act or reason.

If you want to do anything besides complain on the internet (which I doubt), go out and become a mentor to some young men so they don't shoot up the next venue.
HoustonAg2106
AG
42% of this generation has a mental health condition and OP is laughing at the notion the mental health issues could be at play

https://studyfinds.org/gen-z-mental-health-condition/
HarryJ33tamu
OP is clueless.

Murder is already illegal. I'm sure these psychopaths would follow gun laws though.
Tom_Fox
Looking down at my old Gen 2 Glock 19 and bag gun (Sig Rattler) before I leave the house for a 3 hour commute to work. Are you guys worried about us getting assaulted or shot today?

The answer: Nope.

I do not have the slightest concern about being taken out by some emo kid or thuglette.

This sounds like a you problem op. Not a me problem.
itsyourboypookie
My guns killed no one.

Can't be their fault.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Nitro Power said:

blacksox said:

CDUB98 said:

Because criminals intent on killing people will definitely follow gun laws.

I know, Australia and the UK are really suffering with all those illegal guns killing people.
I know still in the US...but

San Francisco
Chicago
New York

Strictest gun laws in the land, but keep being wrong per usual
Let's not forget the Mosque shooter in Christchurch, New Zealand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_mosque_shootings

And the one that had me glued to the TV set for 12+ hours - The Sydney Siege
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Your point? Why did none of this ever seem to happen before columbine?

Absence of mass media exposure and general ignorance of isolated events. With the advent of 24/7 newscasts, social media, and the web, information is too easily accessible and spreads like a wildfire out of control. If it ain't bad news, it don't make good news. Everything is sensationalized and made to appear larger than life, regardless of impact on society at large.
Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception.
jjtrcka22
I would imagine crappy parenting would be a common theme.
jjtrcka22
Mic drop post.
samurai_science
TikkaShooter said:

All in one week.

And what do the sites have in common? The shooters?

Absolutely nothing.

Couldn't be the guns though. Right? I mean. It's never the gun.

:|

Move along. Nothing to see here. Just a mental health crisis. 10 years ago we blamed Hollywood. 20 years before it was video games. What's the next move of the goal posts, folks? Fast food? Obesity is my guess.

Insanity that this is the America we live in.
We will never give up guns, even if a mass shooting happens every day of the year. Move on
atmtws
AG
Let me be clear, if someone knocks on my door asking for my guns, it will be the last thing that they do. Until our government wants to address the mental health crisis sweeping the nation, nothing will change. It become a partisan issue that both sides know they use to rally their bases, just like abortion.

-Gay Aggie Conservative
TRADUCTOR
I'm putting my guns in time out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.