Fired Because He is White

4,890 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by titan
sam callahan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
20 years of recognized outstanding work and the SF election director is shown the door to make way for "equity".

Quote:

Elections Commissioner Cynthia Dai, who voted to not renew Arntz's contract, said there was no performance-based reason for the commission's decision. She did not dispute that San Francisco has run free, fair and functional elections for 20 years. Rather, she says, it was time to open up this position to a more diverse field; the city, she said, could not make progress on its racial equity goals without opening up its top position

[url] https://missionlocal.org/2022/11/elections-director-john-arntzs-contract-not-renewed-by-elections-commission/[/url]
Gaius Julius Bevo
Hard luck, but.... he probably voted for this kind of stuff.
C@LAg
he can always sue and see if he wins a jackpot, if she actually used that phrase.
fka ftc
Finnabe be paid.

He will have to work a little harder, but I would think he gets a pretty penny for this.

There's going to be an ever growing movement as the trend away from woke becomes a snowball, and this guy is a prime example of the real discrimination in the US right now.

Not against whites. The discrimination is against any person who is not a member or no longer useful to the left elitist class.
PCC_80
AG
They have now legitimized racism and discrimination. Sadly they do not even see it. Bizarre.

Sadly almost half the people in this country fully support this happening.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Jerdonek told Mission Local that Arntz's level of performance did not factor into this decision and he looked forward to a competitive process and a broad array of qualified candidates. His letter invited Arntz to re-apply for his own job next year. Reached for comment, Arntz said he does not yet have a public answer on whether he plans to do so.
Do it. Get turned down then sue for employment discrimination.
^
^
Profit.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Sounds like somebody didn't want to be a "team player" to ensure elections were " fair". I sure she already knows who is going to replace him.
sam callahan
If he sues, I'd be shocked if he won with a SF jury.
riverrataggie
AG
sam callahan said:

If he sues, I'd be shocked if he won with a SF jury.

They'd likely throw him in jail.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

This.

My guess is that this person defines woke progressive. Hate to see it, but you get what you vote for.
sam callahan
We are 20 years or less from this happening here.
Cyprian
AG
I have a brother who was told only minorities were going to be given promotions last year due to DEI....

So, he went and got himself a second job (over employed), and is doing enough to just not get fired.
aggiehawg
AG
fka ftc said:

Finnabe be paid.

He will have to work a little harder, but I would think he gets a pretty penny for this.

There's going to be an ever growing movement as the trend away from woke becomes a snowball, and this guy is a prime example of the real discrimination in the US right now.

Not against whites. The discrimination is against any person who is not a member or no longer useful to the left elitist class.
Not yet. He's a contract employee. Not getting his contract renewed is not discrimination, until they say that's the reason they won't renew his contract...BUT he still needs to reapply and be turned down to have a winning employment discrimination claim. (My opinion since Cali law is soo fooked to begin with and often at odds with federal law.)
Fat Black Swan
AG
sam callahan said:

20 years of recognized outstanding work and the SF election director is shown the door to make way for "equity".

Quote:

Elections Commissioner Cynthia Dai, who voted to not renew Arntz's contract, said there was no performance-based reason for the commission's decision. She did not dispute that San Francisco has run free, fair and functional elections for 20 years. Rather, she says, it was time to open up this position to a more diverse field; the city, she said, could not make progress on its racial equity goals without opening up its top position

[url] https://missionlocal.org/2022/11/elections-director-john-arntzs-contract-not-renewed-by-elections-commission/[/url]

Tim Pool had a recent episode with Darren Beattle and they were talking about how it's now illegal in California to fire someone due to productivity or efficiency issues. Perfectly legal to fire based on race though.
Fat Black Swan
AG
fka ftc said:

Finnabe be paid.

Poor feminists. Passed over for chicks with deeks aka the uberwomensch.
usmcbrooks
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Elections have consequences.
ABattJudd
AG
aggiehawg said:

fka ftc said:

Finnabe be paid.

Not yet. He's a contract employee. Not getting his contract renewed is not discrimination, until they say that's the reason they won't renew his contract...BUT he still needs to reapply and be turned down to have a winning employment discrimination claim. (My opinion since Cali law is soo fooked to begin with and often at odds with federal law.)

This was an action taken by a government entity based on race. They flat out said it. He has an immediate 14th Amendment case I would think.
"Well, if you canā€™t have a great season, at least ruin somebody elseā€™s." - Olin Buchanan
Smeghead4761
aggiehawg said:

fka ftc said:

Finnabe be paid.

Actually, Prop. 209, passed in the mid-90s, bars the state government, and any subdivisions thereof, from using race as a factor in hiring, contracting, admissions, etc.

Now, finding a judge and jury to go along with the plain letter of the law might be a challenge.
frenchtoast
They're getting so close to solving racism in SF.
Aggie Jurist
AG
This feels like a tailor made Section 1981 claim - which protects you against discrimination related to contracts.
LGB
Muktheduck
fka ftc said:

Finnabe be paid.

Nah lmao. It's against whites. Blatantly so, and written into law in many places. Whites are not a protected class and do not have the same rights as members of those protected classes.

There will be no movement away from this until whites understand they're being replaced due entirely to being white. Whites aren't viewed as a people, but as an institution that needs to be dismantled. That's the ethos, and the longer it takes to wake up and fight that ethos head on, the harder it will be
fka ftc
Whilst there are ADDITIONAL protections against protected classes, you are still protected. What's why I said his easier route to get paid would be as a walking poster boy of woke discrimination.

https://www.eeoc.gov/youth/racecolor-discrimination-faqs
Quote:

Are White employees protected from race discrimination even though they are not a minority?

Yes. You are protected from different treatment at work on the basis of your race, whether you are White, Black, or some other race.
APHIS AG
PCC_80 said:

They have now legitimized racism and discrimination. Sadly they do not even see it. Bizarre.

They see it but to them, the "sacrifice" is worth it.

And it is the Whites that are making these decisions and cutting their own throats.
YouBet
AG
Lol. He won't get *****

It's open season and written policy to discriminate against whites.
titan
S
APHIS AG said:

PCC_80 said:

They see it but to them, the "sacrifice" is worth it.

And it is the Whites that are making these decisions and cutting their own throats.
Woke renounce western civ and its achievements. Probably shouldn't be consider the same.
Ramdiesel
sam callahan said:

It's happening everywhere already.. The corporation I work for (A fortune 500 company, maybe top 100 now) just last year opened up all management positions and made all managers re-apply for their jobs. You can probably guess which managers got replaced with women of color of all different races other than white. They said it was because we didn't have enough women managers. Now we got all people of color in management in our office and no white managers (men or women) at all...
They have managers in some critical positions that are totally unqualified for the job and just don't care.
Ags4DaWin
Ramdiesel said:

sam callahan said:

It's happening everywhere already.. The corporation I work for (A fortune 500 company, maybe top 100 now) just last year opened up all management positions and made all managers re-apply for their jobs. You can probably guess which managers got replaced with women of color of all many different races other than white. They said it was because we didn't have enough women managers. Now we got all people of color in management in our office and no white managers (men or women) at all...
They have managers in some critical positions that are totally unqualified for the job and just don't care.

That is blatant discrimination. Need to sue their asses.
titan
S
Ramdiesel said:

sam callahan said:

It's happening everywhere already.. The corporation I work for (A fortune 500 company, maybe top 100 now) just last year opened up all management positions and made all managers re-apply for their jobs. You can probably guess which managers got replaced with women of color of all different races other than white. They said it was because we didn't have enough women managers. Now we got all people of color in management in our office and no white managers (men or women) at all...
They should take their company secrets and what learned and setup a rival firm.
YouBet
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Ramdiesel said:

sam callahan said:

It's happening everywhere already.. The corporation I work for (A fortune 500 company, maybe top 100 now) just last year opened up all management positions and made all managers re-apply for their jobs. You can probably guess which managers got replaced with women of color of all many different races other than white. They said it was because we didn't have enough women managers. Now we got all people of color in management in our office and no white managers (men or women) at all...

Won't matter. Who is going to rule in favor of whites on that?

Would try to leave and go private or small company.
Ramdiesel
Ags4DaWin said:

Ramdiesel said:

sam callahan said:

I agree, they let the managers that got demoted move to other positions (non-management positions) so I guess that softened the blow a little. But, doesn't bode well at all for us white males who might want to move up in the company, and I definitely wouldn't bet on keeping my job in any upcoming layoffs. Right now whites only make up about 20% of the work force in the office. Lots of Indians and Asians..
Ramdiesel
titan said:

Ramdiesel said:

sam callahan said:

They should take their company secrets and what learned and setup a rival firm.

It would be nice if they could, but doubtful they could compete, the company I work for has an in house designed software that works like a champ 99.9% of the time, and a carved in stone contract with a major credit card company for almost 2 decades now. It would be hard to get any credit card companies to move away from the platforms they use now, they have generally been using the same stuff for decades and not willing to make many changes that could impact customers..
dixichkn
AG
This isn't exactly some new phenomenon. I was passed over for a promotion in 1996 at the large Fortune 100 I was working for at the time. Prior to the interview I spent some time with one of the managers involved in the promotional decision and in a moment of total candor (which apparently you could get away with at the time, damn sure not the case anymore) straight up told me "look, if it were 100% up to me, you'd be our guy. But in light of the current situation (apparently the company was being hit with a few discrimination suits at the time)ā€¦ā€¦ we just can't really go with you at the moment. Our hands are kinda tied. Hang in there and I promise you, when the time is right we'll move you on up,". I thanked him for his honesty, followed through with the interview and almost immediately got my resume updated and put in my two weeks. A hard lesson for a young naive kid, but it was a nice cold slap of the new reality.

Come to find out, the minority female I was passed over for was let go by the company less than 8 months later because she just turned out to be highly incompetent. You reap what you sow.
Daddy
AG
Move out of Sodom Francisco
C@LAg
Daddy said:

Move out of Sodom Francisco
this is happening everywhere.

not just in liberal states.

plenty of companies think and act this way even here in texas.
Bobaloo
Learn to codeā€¦
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.