NIL Gone Wild

19,230 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasRebel
Gator92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In other news...

Legendary basketball coach Tara VanDerveer takes issue with how popular gymnast Olivia Dunne earns NIL deals

Quote:

Legendary Stanford women's basketball coach Tara VanDerveer took issue with how LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne was earning big bucks in name, image and likeness (NIL) sponsorships.

Dunne, a junior going into the 2023 season, has one of the largest social media followings of any collegiate athlete across any sport male or female. She reportedly earns around $2 million with various sponsorships such as the activewear brand Vuori, American Eagle and Planet Fuel. Dunne is also signed to one of the biggest agencies in WME Sports.
Quote:

"I guess sometimes we have this swinging pendulum, where we maybe take two steps forward, and then we take a step back," she told The New York Times in a recent interview. "We're fighting for all the opportunities to compete, to play, to have resources, to have facilities, to have coaches, and all the things that go with Olympic-caliber athletics.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/legendary-basketball-coach-tara-vanderveer-takes-issue-how-popular-gymnast-olivia-dunne-earns-nil-deals

and no surprise...

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Feminism isn't for hot girls. It's only for obese women angry at everyone. As you continually see from the hate thrown at successful attractive women by the people supposedly championing them.
VegasAg86
AG
Undeniable Truths of Life
Number 24

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of American life."

- Rush Limbaugh
Rapier108
Pretty young woman using what she has to make $$$.

A story as old as time itself.

And story of the ugly hag being jealous of it is about 30 seconds younger.
FriscoKid
AG
Pinochet11
FriscoKid said:

wish I was that bench and that she farted.
ProgN
Gymnast earning up to $2m-a-year from endorsements and posting sexy pics is slammed by leading coach | Daily Mail Online

She could crack my head like a walnut and I wouldn't mind. There's a lot worse ways to leave this earth.
The Collective
AG
Free enterprise
kalltamu
AG
Pinochet11 said:

FriscoKid said:

wish I was that bench and that she farted.
There's always one to make it weird.
wbt5845
AG
Friend of mine just had a daughter sign her NLI for beach volleyball. Her NIL deal could be huge, and it's not because of her skills at sand volleyball.

I would Rule 1 but it's be creepy.
OasisMan
ProgN
wbt5845 said:

Friend of mine just had a daughter sign her NLI for beach volleyball. Her NIL deal could be huge, and it's not because of her skills at sand volleyball.

javajaws
AG
Her pictures have been cached on my phone for some time now.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
wbt5845 said:

Alas, the other sandbox was useful for some things.
Picard
AG
wbt5845 said:

What a surprise, wbt has the inside track on a teenage girl. And pictures too....or so he says.
IDaggie06
AG

The Collective
AG
I don't get women. I've never demanded guys like Tom Brady or Brad Pitt stop profiting off their good looks. Why are ugly women so offended by beautiful women using their looks for advancement?
Who?mikejones!
A woman selling her body is as old as humankind.
Monkeypoxfighter
She puts the "in" in "Spinner".
It only took me a year to figure out this place is nuts!
Ginormus Ag
AG
Wait. Wait. Wait.

I'm gonna have to see the old hags ass before I make a decision which side I'm on. It's only fair.
BAP Enthusiast
The Collective said:

I don't get women. I've never demanded guys like Tom Brady or Brad Pitt stop profiting off their good looks. Why are ugly women so offended by beautiful women using their looks for advancement?

Steve Sailer's law of female journalism: "The most heartfelt articles by female journalists tend to be demands that social values be overturned in order that, Come the Revolution, the journalist herself will be considered hotter-looking."

Always remember this law, it is always true and it is always out of envy.
BAP Enthusiast
With regards to NIL and women, anyone who didn't see this coming on the female side is a complete idiot. The best looking women were always going to get the most money from NIL, absolutely no one cares about female athletics in any sport, they just want something pretty to look at, admire, and lust after. Female sports will never be anything but this, it's why the sports dominated by ugly women regularly have audiences of 10 total people.

There will never be equality in sports, it's time women realize the only reason men care at all to watch them play is to see beautiful women, not because they respect any of their talent.
Rapier108
The Collective said:

Jealousy

Women are constantly judging themselves by other women around them, and those they see in the media.

Ever known a girl with 3-4 sisters? They will be extremely jealous of each other, who is perceived to get more from mommy and daddy, and who gets the most attention from guys.
GeorgiAg
AG
wbt5845 said:

PM me her name and I'll do it. This is solely for the interest of public debate!!!!!
GigEmJake17
AG
Hot girl privilege is the only true privilege in this country
whytho987654
Rapier108 said:

The Collective said:

Jealousy

Women are constantly judging themselves by those around them, and those they see in the media.

Every known a girl with 3-4 sisters? They will be extremely jealous of each other, who is perceived to get more from mommy and daddy, and who gets the most attention from guys.
And when girls friends get together, they like to brag about the guy theyre dating like its a competition. "My boyfriend is an MBA" "My boyfriend is an engineer" "oh yeah well my boyfriend just passed the bar" etc etc
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Couldn't resist.

GeorgiAg
AG
She has blown up on TikTok too. This video has over TWENTY MILLION views. That's a huge number of eyeballs.

edit: I looked it up. The average NFL game has 15 million viewers.

https://www.tiktok.com/@livvy/video/7145936214468840750?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en

South Platte
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Feminism isn't for hot girls. It's only for obese women angry at everyone. As you continually see from the hate thrown at successful attractive women by the people supposedly championing them.
Don't forget the best part. Vanderveer has made millions coaching girls basketball, all because of equity standards. Her team wouldn't get the ball past half court vs. a high school boys varsity team, but sure, she can criticize how other earn a living.
GeorgiAg
AG
Remember her? Same deal. This was before NIL, but she got a modeling career out of it.

The Collective
AG
GeorgiAg said:

She has blown up on TikTok too. This video has over TWENTY MILLION views. That's a huge number of eyeballs.

edit: I looked it up. The average NFL game has 15 million viewers.

https://www.tiktok.com/@livvy/video/7145936214468840750?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en

Well, guys don't watch the same NFL game 3x per day.
BlueTaze
Hey coach, how many steps back is this for women?

BAP Enthusiast
GeorgiAg said:

Remember her? Same deal. This was before NIL, but she got a modeling career out of it.

If she had been born a decade later, she would have vaulted to number 1 on the lists with millions of followers on social media.
Tramp96
Gymnasts' butts are the best butts.
GeorgiAg
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

GeorgiAg said:

If she had been born a decade later, she would have vaulted to number 1 on the lists with millions of followers on social media.
Yeah, she missed out on millions. So did our boy Johnny Football.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.