My kids are supposed to wear orange today

5,320 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fullback44
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids wore charcoal and maroon this morning...
doubledog
Hungry Ojos said:

For "unity" or something. But this seems like artfully pled LGBT propaganda. Am I over-thinking this?

This could get you shot in Northern Ireland.
Boodlum
AG
my son stated he doesnt wear orange and has no orange clothes so he is refusing to participate. Instead he is wearing his Aggies Jersey with an Aggie hat....
Kvetch
AG
Skimming through their website, it seems like it's just an anti-bullying campaign. If it's woke, that's likely the doing of your individual school.
CanyonAg77
AG
doubledog said:

Hungry Ojos said:

For "unity" or something. But this seems like artfully pled LGBT propaganda. Am I over-thinking this?

Hey, did you know, this could get you shot in Northern Ireland?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Picard said:

Send them in red Make America Great Again shirts

This
American Hardwood
AG
Kvetch said:

Skimming through their website, it seems like it's just an anti-bullying campaign. If it's woke, that's likely the doing of your individual school.
If this is the case, then that flyer is a fail. Doesn't mention bullying on it anywhere. Kindness is one thing, but 'acceptance' and 'inclusion' are wokeism buzzwords.
Hungry Ojos
Yes, EXACTLY my concern. The word "bullying" isn't even on the flier!

Instead, it looks like literally EVERY other Marxist, LGBT propaganda flier that gets made these days.
txags92
AG
So to protest against bullying, they are going to bully the kids into wearing clothing of a color they choose, even if the kid doesn't want to wear that color? And threaten to punish them if they don't do it? There is a word for that kind of thing...what is it...right on the tip of the tongue. Oh yeah...Bullying!
agwrestler
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

doubledog said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Is this the new "point being" for F16?
Houston Lee
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

If you want to teach kids a lesson, then teach them about TAXES DAY.

1-Have each kid bring $5 to school for a big pizza party

2-Give each kid 3 slices of pizza

3-When they sit down to eat it, have a teacher come by an take 1 of their 3 slices off their plate and say "pay your taxes"

4-Pile up all the confiscated pizza slices on a big table with a sign under it marked "GOVERNMENT"

5-Then make the kids watch as the teachers take the entire pile of pizza slices and throws them in a big garbage can marked "SOCIAL PROGRAMS"
txags92
AG
David Wallace said:

Hungry Ojos said:

3-When they sit down to eat it, have a teacher come by an take 1 of their 3 slices off their plate and say "pay your taxes"

4-Pile up all the confiscated pizza slices on a big table with a sign under it marked "GOVERNMENT"

5-Then make the kids watch as the teachers take the entire pile of pizza slices and throws them in a big garbage can marked "SOCIAL PROGRAMS"
Would be more effective if #5 was giving all of the confiscated pizza to a fat guy wearing a Green Energy Subsidies tag and watched as he ate a few and then gave the rest back to the teachers as kickbacks.
Tramp96
The opposite of orange on the color wheel is blue.

So I would dress them head-to-toe in blue if they were my kids.
12thMan9
AG
rocky the dog said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's not the orange that seems off in this pic?
Ronnie '88
txags92
AG
Tramp96 said:

The opposite of orange on the color wheel is blue.

So I would dress them head-to-toe in blue if they were my kids.
Just put them in maroon and tell them to let the teacher know that the clothes self-identify as orange.
jrichgent
AG
Guess which is my kid on 'orange day' to celebrate fall last week?
God Bless the Texas Aggies.
CanyonAg77
AG
agwrestler said:

CanyonAg77 said:

doubledog said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Is this the new "point being" for F16?

I have no idea. But the poster thought it was important enough to post three times
Touchless
AG
12thMan9 said:

rocky the dog said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's not the orange that seems off in this pic?
No. I'm with you. I don't know why the guy in the hat isn't pulling one of these....

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Picard said:

Send them in red Make America Great Again shirts

Most schools couldn't careless.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
javajaws
AG
If it's really about bullying then this is even more sinister because "unity" is the wrong word here.

Instead they should be teaching about respect for others (and their opinions) as well as tolerance.

Unity is EXACTLY the thing that causes bullying in the first place - the belief that we all need to unify and be/think the same.
Kvetch
AG
American Hardwood said:

Kvetch said:

If this is the case, then that flyer is a fail. Doesn't mention bullying on it anywhere. Kindness is one thing, but 'acceptance' and 'inclusion' are wokeism buzzwords.

Agreed. And I think days like this are as effective as red ribbon week preventing drug use. But I was surprised to see their site made no reference to any of the typical "LGBTQ, BIPOC, disproportionately affects women and people of color" crap buzzwords that you see on the majority of these sites. Looks like they are pretty singularly focused on bullying and trying to remain apolitical, so I give them props for that.

That being said, there's a greater than 0 chance that it's woke garbage that has a subversive website. And I think the idea that all bullying is bad and created equally is stupid, especially the way the modern left defines bullying and celebrates perverse individuality.
lil99chris
AG
I thought orange was bad to this group!?!?!?

TheEternalPessimist
Get Off My Lawn said:

There shouldn't be any orange in their closets anyhow, so what's the question?
What about Tennessee orange?
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Shoefly!
AG
David Wallace said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BRILLIANT!
one safe place
doubledog said:

Hungry Ojos said:

This could get you shot in Northern Ireland
User name checks out.
rynning
AG
Anyone old enough remember "jeans" days? Pretty much the opposite of Orange Day. My older brothers had to explain to me why I SHOULD NOT wear jeans…
FJB
AG
Send them in something like this OP

Who is John Galt?

Pookers
AG
Orange a "color revolution" color used by subversives all over the world.
rab79
AG
ZachTheGoodAg said:

Heck, when my son was in second grade he convinced his classmates to give him all of their orange crayons and markers. He then gave them all to the teacher so that "no can use the forbidden color."

ZTGA
user name checks out!
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
fullback44
AG
Orange you glad your kid didn't wear orange !
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.